9

"I can't believe you got the position! Briar, this is great news, you'll be on the team. No woman has been on the team, ever!" Pansy gushed. She was very excited for her best friend, she always had been. Whenever Briar achieved something, whether a small thing or big, Pansy had always cheered her on. She would get her chocolates and celebrate with her. She would push her to do her best. And when Brir wasn't doing good, she would still be there for her. She would help her, listen to her, and be the family she always wanted. Pansy loved Briar more than she loved herself or gossip. Pansy was Briars older sister, she was her biggest supporter and loved her more then Romeo loved Juliet. And everyone knew that.

"Congrats, Briar! Knew you could do it." Blaise cheered, giving Briar a side hug, getting words of encouragement and agreement from Draco and Theo as well.They were in the Slytherin common room right now, standing in a corner. The Slytherin captain had just put up the names of those who made the team and Briar was the new chaser.

Her friends had congratulated her and all, but so did random people she didn't even know existed. Not only was she shocked that she made the team, but so was everyone else. She remembered how it went when she told her friends she would be trying out for the teams.

Flashback

"The quidditch tryouts are today. Anyone trying out?" Pansy asked, sitting down next to Briar and filling her plate up.

"Me."
"Me too."
"Same here" the three replies didn't shock anyone. Draco, Theo and Blaise had always been on the team. They had to try out every year because of the rules, but their spot on the team was secured. What did shock them though was the fourth reply.

"I am."

"You're trying out for quidditch? But there hasn't been a woman on the quidditch team since forever!" Draco was the first to reply to her. (there probably has but bear with me here - author)

"YOU'RE TRYING OUT? OH, MY MERLIN, BRIAR THIS IS GREAT NEWS!" Pansy squealed hugging the girl, making half of the great hall turn to them. "Thank you, Pansy, but you're kinda strangling me."

"You're trying out?" Blaise repeated again.

"Yea, I am. Is that a problem?" she answered back.
"Not for me. But probably for the others though" he replied back, now smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

"Are you sure you want to try out?" Draco asked her, making the girl reply with a nod.

She had started to doubt herself. Would she be able to make the team? Or would she just make a fool of herself?

Ended.

———————————————

"Hey, Briar!" Someone called out, making the girl stop and turn around.

"Oh, hey Hermione, what's up?" She replied to the girl. "I was going to the library to study, and I saw you, I wanted to ask you if you would like to join, so would you?" Hermione asked wearily.

"I would love to. I was going to the library myself as well." and with that they walked towards the library.

"Hey, Hermione, I was wondering about your previous years in Hogwarts. I didn't know you then, so what were they like?" Briar asked her, playing her question off like she was genuinely curious.

"Oh, well, the first year we had that Philosopher's Stone incident. Second year we had the Chamber of Secrets, third year.." she trailed off looking at Briar with pity.

"Yea, I know that. Everyone does. But, what really happened? Come on, Hermione. I won't snitch." Briar forced her to reveal what actually happened, knowing almost everyone didn't believe In the lie Dumbledore told them.