24

"Briar, we need to talk." Mattheo said walking up to our table, a serious expression on his face.

"uhh is everything okay?" I asked him, confused. "Yes, everything is okay, I just need to talk to you." he replied. He looked around and saw the confused faces of everyone and turned to me again. "right now Briar." He said, his voice even more demanding now.

"Uhh yeah okay, I need to go see Professor Snape early, so we can talk on the way there." I replied, chugging the rest of my coffee, grabbing my books and standing up. "Great, let's go" he said, waiting for me to walk in front of him.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" I asked him as he looked around and replied "not here. wait"

as we left the busy halls, and walked towards the dungeons he finally spoke up. "I know you have the letter," he said, stopping me from walking and grabbing my arm to turn me towards him.

"What letter?" I asked him, faking confusion. I knew exactly what he was talking about but I was not going to tell him that.

"the letter you took from my study room, when you had that Panic attack or whatever" he said as my mind wandered back to that. I did have a panic attack but not because I liked Theo or I felt flustered, but because I felt uncomfortable.

"I didn't see any letter in your study room. I was too busy having a panic attack... remember?" I said to him, hoping he would believe this lie.

"Briar, don't fuck with me right now. I know you have that Letter and I need it back." Mattheo threatened me, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to him as he glared at me.

"I don't have it mattheo. and besides, what's so important about a letter?" I asked him, still feigning confusion and acting innocent.

"stop fucking around Briar. I know you have the letter, and I know that you've read it and that you know exactly what it means. Give me the goddamn letter" He said, as he dragged me into a small empty hallway, pinning me against the wall.

"i don't have your fucking letter" i said to him, looking right in his eyes. " Merlin Briar. Stop acting like this. I know you have the letter and I know you have questions. Give me the letter and I'll answer all your questions" he offered as I thought about it.

I didn't know if I trust him enough though. Would he lie to me? or not. After reading the letter and staying up all night figuring out what it meant, I didn't know if I could even trust him with a strand of my hair. But it was worth the risk.

"Show me your arm" I said as Mattheo took a deep sigh and pulled up his sleeves to show me both his arms. I quickly muttered the strongest Revealing spell I knew, yet nothing happened, assuring me he didn't have the dark mark.

"I don't have the letter on me right now. Meet me at the astronomy tower tonight and you answer my questions and then I'll give it to you." I told him, breaking out of his grip, and fixing my clothes.

"see now that wasn't so hard?" he smirked, his head tilting to the side as I glared at him. "don't push it" I walked away leaving him standing there.

I didn't want to give him the letter, but I had to. It would help me with a lot of things,but I needed him to answer my questions, since they could help me and Uncle regulus.

I decided to make a copy of the Letter using a spell I learned from one of Uncle Regulus's books and give the original letter to Mattheo, in case anything happens.

But right now I had to focus on school, and the upcoming quidditch match.

——————

"Hey Black!" Adrien Pucey called out, walking towards me with Marcus flint behind him. "What do you want, Pucey?" I asked him, not looking up from what I was doing.