Hiraeth

By underagesprite

Briar- Rose Black hated harry potter. She absolutely despised him. He and his posse were the bane of her exis... More

Cast
Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
chapter 17
authors note
chapter 18
authors note
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27

23

593 10 1
By underagesprite

"god i'm so tired" pansy complained, flopping down on her bed face first. "you're always tired pansy," I told her, dropping my bag beside my bed and taking off my tie. "okay and? School is tiring" pansy mumbled,her face still in her bed. "yea yea i know" i replied to her getting my books out and immediately working on my homework.

"Why are you already working on your homework?" pansy asked me, sitting up on her bed and removing her own tie. "because I wanna be able to relax properly and not worry about homework. plus i have to write like 50 essays"

"okay but you could at least relax for a few minutes?" she said walking to the bathroom. "nope. i can relax after i complete my work" i said focusing on my work.

pansy came out after half an hour, hair wet, changed into a shirt and jeans. "you're still working?" she asked, scrunching her hair into the towel. "yes, i'm almost done with Potions work."

"so what's up?" pansy asked taking out her homework as well. "pansy i'm doing homework" i said turning towards her in a serious expression. "yes i can see that. but what's up other then that" she continued. "nothing is up." i said, putting away my potions textbook and homework and starting my DADA homework.

"hmm. okay well then what's up with the letter you got from Charlie?" she asked me also focusing on her homework. "nothing. me and charlie are just friends."

"hmm so why were you so scared and in a hurry when you read his letter?"

"because..." i started, trying to come up with an excuse. "you can't even come up with an excuse? damn Briar!" pansy said letting out a little laugh. "Come on, just tell me. i'm not gonna tell anyone"

"ugh okay" I said, getting Pansy's attention. She closed her book hurriedly and came over and sat on my bed. "Wait," she said, picking up my books and quills and putting them on her bed. "Okay now tell me" she ended, looking at me with such excitement on her face. "Okay so a few weeks ago I met Charlie in Diagon Alley." I started as pansy already seemed confused. "Yes, but we have been in school for the past few months? when did you meet him?"

"remember when it was hogsmeade trip and i left and came back late? I actually went to Diagon Alley.." I said hesitantly as pansy's face turned from confused to shock as she leaned over and slightly hit me on my arm. "Briar! you know we can't do that! if anyone finds out you're gonna be in trouble!" She scolded me.

"don't worry! no one saw me and Charlie won't snitch on me.'' I reassured her as she looked at me weirdly and motioned for me to continue. "So I met Charlie that day and we went on a date..?" I told her trailing off at the end as her eyes widened and she gasped. "YOU WENT ON A DATE WITH CHARLIE WEASLEY!!" she screamed, causing me to cover her mouth and shush her. "stop screaming!" I scolded as I leaned back on the bed rest. "But yes. I went on a date with Charlie weasley."

"god what is it with you and weasleys?" she said laying down on my bed, her head hanging from one side and her legs from the other. We stayed there for a few seconds before Pansy gasped and sat back up. " You went on a date with both George and charlie!" she screamed as I tackled her. "Stop screaming pansy!" I said , casting a silencing spell over our dorm just in case. "Wait, so what was in the letter?" she asked, sitting back down and crossing her legs.

"well.." i started, biting my lips. "So the day i went on that date with george.." I trailed off as pansy leaned in waiting for me to continue. "I was supposed to go out with charlie.." I ended.

"oh" pansy said as her hand flew to her mouth. "Merlin Briar!"

"I know! I messed up." I said letting my head fall on the bed. " Briar, what did you tell charlie?"

"I told him that I was studying in my dorm room, with you, and we put face masks on and we cramped a lot of work in..." I said looking at pansy as she sighed and pulled me in a hug.

"You should've told him the truth, Rosey," she said, running a hand up and down my shoulder, comforting me. "I know Pansy, and I tried. I wrote like 20 letters but I just didn't know how to explain it to him that, I  stood him up and went on a date with his brother and I enjoyed it and completely forgot about the date I had with him."

"Merlin B, you messed up."

"i knowww, but i'll tell him. just not now" i said as i straightened up. "now back to homework because I really do have a lot to finish." I said pushing Pansy off my bed and picking up my books from hers. "yes yes, okay but don't forget it's game night okay?" pansy said taking out her homework as well.

"yes i remember, are we doing it in our dorm or..?" I asked pansy. " We're doing it in Theo and Mattheos dorm, next one is ours" she explained.

"Okay, did you remember to pick up the snacks?"

"Yes I did, did you get those muggle snacks?"

"yup! stocked them up when I last went to Diagon alley" i said as pansy looked over at me. "oh yeah your secret little trips to Diagon Alley and secrets dates with charlie"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you pansy. I'll bring you next time if you want." I offered to make up for it. "Okay sure, but if we go to Diagon Alley we also go to muggle london." she said pointing her pen in my direction. "Okay okay, we can go to Muggle london."

——————-

"Hey guys" Lorenzo said as me and pansy entered the dorm room. "you're finally here," he continued as Pansy sat down next to Draco and I kept the bag of snacks down. "yes, sorry for being late i had to send a quick letter to Molly"
I said sitting down next to Theo. "Molly? you mean Molly weasley?" Lorenzo asked.

"Yes, Molly weasley. and before any of you say anything about her, I would like you to know that Molly is a great person and she really helped me during the summer and if you guys could not say shit about her, that would be nice." I said as Draco put his hands up in defence.

"Okay okay we won't say anything about her, but only because she was nice to you."

"thank you guys. Now what games are we playing?"

"Well, we have cards, chess, and.." Theo trailed off as I pulled out board games from the bag I brought with me. "And I have Uno, Scrabble and Ludo. So which one first?" I asked as Pansy immediately grabbed Ludo.

"Ludo! Merlin, I love ludo, it's so fun" she said, opening the box and taking out the board and dice. "Okay well how do we play?" Blaise asked, sitting down in between me and matheo.

"Okay so you shake the dice and whatever number it lands on, that's the number one of your four pieces will move. If someone else's piece is on a block and you also land on it, it goes back to home. For example, if Draco's piece is over here but mine also lands here, Draco's piece has to go back home." Pansy explained, using a few pieces to get her point made. "Also since there are four homes we're gonna have to team up." She ended. "umm.. Draco and pansy, me and theo, lorenzo and matheo.. and blaise you can play single?" I said, looking at Blaise for confirmation as he nodded.

We started playing and Theo and I were winning till now, with Draco and pansy second, Blaise third and Mattheo and Lorenzo last, their excuse being that they've never played it before.

"Oh come on, that's cheating!" Lorenzo screamed as I put one of their pieces back in their home. "How is that cheating? you saw the numbers!" I screamed back. " No you did some magic or something! there's no way you've been getting such perfect numbers!"

"I did not cheat! this game is about luck Enzo!" I replied to him, handing blaise the dice, who was lying on the ground laughing. Pansy and Draco both were Laughing, leaning on each other for support as Matheo had his head in his hands also laughing. Theo was also laughing. "You guys are laughing?! She's cheating and you're laughing! She did this with me. Next she's gonna do it with you!" lorenzo gasped, pointing at all of them as they laughed even more. "Theo, your team mate is cheating! how can you stand this?!" he asked, leaning over the board towards Theo.

"I'm sorry man, but she's not cheating. I'm sitting right here and I haven't seen her cheat" Theo said as Lorenzo gasped again. "you guys are in this together right. oh i should've known."

"Matheo! Even you're laughing? She cheated and caused our piece to go back to home! how could you laugh!" he turned towards him, placing one of his hands on his chest in mock exaggeration.

As I watched the drama unfold between Lorenzo and Mattheo, who was apologising while holding in laughter, I felt a weight on my shoulder. Theo had his head in between my shoulder and neck, laughing along.

As his hot breath tickled my skin, I felt goosebumps on my body. I took a deep breath trying to distract myself as I could feel his breath. Sitting there, like that, while everyone else was laughing and joking, being able to feel his laughter, as it vibrated through his body, hearing my own heart, beat loudly, and echo through my ears, my breathing fastened. I felt my lungs close up as I stopped breathing properly, trying to take deep breaths and still laugh so as to not alarm anyone.

I tried to breathe, to match my breathing to his breathing but I couldn't focus. I grabbed the side of the table, clutching it hard. Theo noticed, and he turned towards me. "are you okay?" he whispered in my ear as alarms went off in my body screaming at me to leave. So that is what I did.

I quickly stood up, almost knocking the board over which caught everyone's attention. "what- Briar?" Pansy said as I looked around frantically searching for an escape. "i'm fine- uh sorry i'm fine" i said quickly, spotting a door and walking towards it without a second thought. "briar!" Matheo screamed behind me but I just ignored it and closed the door,and locked it.

I slid down the door, my head in my hands as I tried to calm myself down. I didn't even know what happened? Why did I suddenly feel like this? I looked around the room, trying to find something that could help me, when I realised this wasMattheos study room. Draco and Mattheo both had different study rooms inside their dorm, courtesy of Draco's father. I stood up and walked around, letting my hands wander through things. I knew i shouldnt do this, but I needed to know if I could trust him.

As I walked over to his study table I saw a bunch of books spread everywhere. His potions essay was lying there and I could already spot a few mistakes. I moved a few books and saw a letter. I picked it up and saw a weird seal on it. it had a snake coming out of a skull.

I opened it and read through the letter, hoping it was nothing bad, but I was wrong. reading through it my jaw dropped as my hand flew to my mouth in shock.

"Briar, that's my study room! Come out!" I heard Mattheo call out from outside of the room. I took in a deep breath and pocketed the letter in my sweatpants and walked over to the door opening it. "Sorry Mattheo, I just needed to take a quick breath alone," I said, trying not to be suspicious. "It's okay, I understand. Are you okay now?" he asked as we walked back to the rest of the group.

"yea i'm fine, sorry for scaring you all" i said apologising as pansy spoke up. "hey it's okay, just tell me if you wanna leave okay?"

"Yeah okay, but I'm fine right now. let's get back to the game" I replied to her as blaise did his turn.

Eventually, it went back to normal, and everyone focused on the game. I saw Theo give me a few quick glances but he did nothing else and kept his distance.

i have so much drama planned for the next few chapters, but ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 108K 43
The year after her brother James graduates, Teddy Potter returns to Hogwarts for her final year. With the Marauders gone, it should be a quiet, peace...
1.6K 48 40
George Weasley fanfic! Complete! I'm probably going to rewrite this so it makes more sense. The Daughter of Sirius Black is at Hogwarts, making frien...
18.8K 669 30
Y/n Potter and Regulus Black realize that they're not so different after all. Will their friendship be accepted? Maybe, maybe not Will they care? No...