Falling For My Neighbour (Gui...

By TMSaunders

SWEARING: SEXUAL: Guilty Pleasures collection: The sweetest sound I've ever heard was from my neighbour's li... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 Epilogue

Chapter 9

202 18 1
By TMSaunders

SLOAN POV

THREE MONTHS LATER

"I gave them what they wanted, and they were fine with the outcome." I'm furious with the publishing team, over the front cover, which Silas, and I worked on for a couple of weeks. They published the wrong cover for this edition and now it's set us back by another two weeks. "Sloan, I will have a word with them and find out what the fuck happened." Silas was angry too. "Let me know soon, so I know if I need to redesign." He chuckles. "You stress too much." I laughed and we end the call. 

I gazed out the office window that was not far away from the romantic side of Paris. I tried to contact Hunter, but he wasn't answer my calls. I knew this was what we suggested, to have that space, I wasn't expecting for him to ghost me like this. I miss him. I drew in a breath when there's a knock on my door. "Yes," The door opens and my father stands there with a huge grin. "I thought I would come visit you while I'm here with the team. I don't see you much Sloan." My father is quiet compared to my mother, and lets my mother wear the trousers. "Dad, how are you?" I fell into his huge masculine arms, and rested my head on his broad chest. "You got time to grab lunch with me?" "Of course I have." I glanced at my father, wondering why he suggested lunch. 

I grabbed my mobile and left with my father to grab lunch at a small bistro.

***

Seated at the table, we order, then my father sits back, folds his arms. "Sloan, I know we don't speak much, or meddle into your affairs." I nod, waiting for the reason to why he's here and asked me to lunch. "With being in the lime light and a celebrity, there's a rumour circulating." I creased my eyes. "What rumour?" "You mother is having an affair." My eyes opened wide. "Dad. Are you sure?" He nods. "Someone younger, more athletic. Your mother is happier, and so am I. We have separated." I'm astonished, because reputation is all my mother would think about. "So, what does that mean for Hudson and me?" My father smiles. "I wasn't stupid when I asked your mother to marry me. She didn't have a good rep, and slept around. Sloan, I know this is a shock to you but you and your brother need to know the truth." The truth.

My entire world just collapsed from hearing what my father said. "The first time your mother fell pregnant, I wanted to know if the baby was mine. Understandably, your mother was upset when I asked for a paternity test. Thankfully Hudson was mine, and then I did the same with you and yes, I'm your father." Thank god for that. "So why did you stick with mum?" "The same way you stuck with Carter." I understood where dad was coming from. "I was young and inexperienced when Carter and I got together. I made so many rash choices and fall flat on my face." "Awe sweetheart, you could never disappoint me or your mother. We both love you, and we'll still be here for you. You need to know that your mother and I will protect you no matter what. Your mother and I have grown apart." My poor father is heartbroken. 

We sit for a while longer eating lunch. "I noticed you are eating more than normal." My father smiles. "I have to, or the doctors feed me by tube, with so much crap." "Sloan, you are a beautiful woman, don't let the words that Carter said take hold of you. And I take it you never discussed this with Hudson?" "No, because Hudson would kill him for what he done." "I'm glad you had the courage to come to me, I love you Sloan. And some day you will have a guy who will respect you, and have a family you deserve. It's just a shame Carter couldn't see how a baby could bring excitement." That was hard when I told Carter I was pregnant then he turned fast and I fell down the stairs, having a miscarriage, the same day I told him. He didn't want a baby or any children to mess up what he was building. So I called my father for advice.

Sure, my father grabbed Carter and knocked him around a bit for causing me to lose the baby. After that it was all down hill, for our marriage. That's the secret I'm not telling Hudson, for the fact he would kill Carter. But Carter threatened my father, and my father told him he would fight him in court. Carter changed his mind, knowing he didn't have that sort of money to lose. But my father warned him, that if he laid a finger on me, he wouldn't see his next birthday. I'd never seen my father so angry like that before. I've always known my father has a kind, gentle, and laid back. Unless you got on his wrong side. But not once did he lose his temper with Hudson or me. And that's what I respect about my father. How loving he is towards us. 

My father walks me back to the office building. "Why not join me for our first match tomorrow." "I'd like that dad. It'll make a change." My father hugs me tight, kisses my cheek then get's into his limo. I headed back into the office.  

***

All afternoon I was thinking what my father said, and wondering if Hudson knows. No sooner I got in the door of the penthouse I called my brother. "You spoke to dad?" "Yep, he took me for lunch." I said. "The affair will hit the media later today, dad wanted us to know before the entire world knew." I rested on the kitchen counter. "Dad, seemed all right, but I can't help thinking he's hurt Hudson." "Sloan, stop worrying. Dad, is all right and mum is like a love sick teenager." I laughed. "I guess we'll get hounded by the press too." "That's why dad, told us. Hey, sis don't worry. I love you." "Love you Hudson, chat soon." Then he's gone. I glanced towards the dining-room table where the files are for the magazine edition.

Guess I should start putting together the front page. "Sloan, I've got reservations at Mon-Dare for dinner." I glanced up at Silas. "So, who is the lucky girl this time?" I asked, hiding my smirk. "Why the hell did I say yes to doing the show?" Silas, is in a binding contract to do a show called 'Most Eligible Billionaire Batchelor' he's handsome, funny, and sexy. Yep, he's sexy but no match for Hunter. Why the fudge does this happen to me? I get surrounded by sexy wealthy guys and not one can gaze at me long enough to stay. 

Yes, it's hurtful when I opened my heart to Hunter. He said he loved me, but it wasn't real. If it was why the hell is he ghosting me? Why doesn't he answer one call or text? Hunter got what he wanted that was to fuck me. He got bored and now Hunter doesn't even respond. "Silas, rather you than me." He smiles and leaves. I continued well into the evening, putting together a new template. 

It was late, and I was tired so a soak in the bath and bed is what I needed to ease my aching bones. 

***

Arrived at the game and was greeted by my father's PA who kept staring at me, rolled my eyes and take a seat in the managers box. Silas, might join me if he can get away from the date early. 

My attention is taken by my brother sitting beside me. "I wasn't expecting you to come Sloan?" "Dad, asked, and I didn't have anything else to do." Hudson, glanced towards the football pitch. "Hunter's playing against dad's team." The thought of Hunter being here had my heart swelling, my gut fluttering with butterflies. But he ghosted me for the last three months.

I need to be strong, fight the desire to be in his arms and pretend he doesn't exist. 

Sure, that will work.

I watched my father come out with his team then head towards us in the box. "It should be a good game." Hudson said as he glances at me. "I haven't watched a game since dad played last." My brother sits up. "Sloan that was some years ago." "Come on, Hudson, I wasn't into football or the other sports you play. And golf is boring just like cricket." He huffs. "I happen to like playing golf in my spare time, it helps to clear your head." I laughed. "Clear your head? Really." I couldn't help my chuckle. "Sloan, try it." "Nope, I'd rather read or relax in the bath." He shakes his head and turns to watch the game. My father takes a seat beside me. "You okay, sweetheart?" Rested my head on my father's shoulder. "Yes, I am dad." He kissed my head, and we watched the game. 

My god they scream a lot at the guys playing football and the ref for calling the wrong move. I smirked, listening to them rant. "That was not a penalty." My father hisses and stands to get a better view of the player taking the penalty. "Hunter, is a good striker." Hudson said, and I gazed at my text from Silas. "Silas is here." I said a little too cheery, and they all gazed at me. "He's my boss." Hudson gave me that glare and my father smirks. "Sure he is, sweetheart." My father said and pats me on the shoulder. "Dad." My father smiles, then faces Hudson, and they engage in a conversation. 

The door opens and Silas enters smartly dressed, wearing a suit. "How was the date, Silas." That caused my brother to lose his frown and my father steps forward to shake his hand. "Remind me why I signed up for this shit?" Hudson laughed. "You only got yourself to blame Silas." "Cheers, bro." Silas takes a seat next to me and watched the second half of the game. 

I was not paying attention to the game, as I was scrolling through the media pages, and on every single front page is the story about my father and mother. "Dad, this isn't good." I hand him my mobile to read and the colour drains from his face. Hudson reads it too. I showed Silas. "Dad, where is your PR?" He shrugs his shoulders and rubs his face. "She's supposed to have a handle on this, but it's all fucking lies." "The media are going to ask personal questions." Hudson, said and takes his mobile out. "Why the hell did mum do this?" I asked and my father wraps his arms around me. "For spite, to get at me, for not fighting her. It's all lies, sweetheart." I glanced at my brother and he shakes his head. 

My spiteful mother said Hudson, and I had different father's and my father wouldn't give her anything. All lies. Now I know why dad told me about the paternity test. He was giving me the heads up of how spiteful my mother would get. "We need to prove her wrong, and take the test." "Sloan, you have nothing to prove. You are my daughter and I will protect you." If it wasn't for my father's comforting words, I would fall to pieces. "Plus, your mother is going to have a shock." Hudson and I glanced at him. "I signed all my assets over to the both of you." I stepped back into Silas, who steadies me. "Did you know mum would get like this?" Hudson asked. "How do you think she got where she is. The only good thing to come from my marriage after thirty-five years is you two." Hudson sank into the seat and I rested against Silas, who stopped me from falling. 

What a fucking nightmare after the game. The media were like vultures wanting a story, but none of us talked. I just wanted to get out of there and back to the penthouse.

I curled up in my bed after a long ass shower trying to sleep; I wanted Hunter. I wanted him in a bad way. I ached like hell for that guy. I closed my eyes.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2.5K 34
[BILLIONAIRE SERIES] [BOOK 1] "Do you want to kiss me?" "No, I want to devour you completely. Every inch of your body and soul belongs to me. Let...
506K 13.6K 42
❝Talk to me while I eat you out, honey baby.❞ Her fingers tightens around my hair as she shoves me deeper between her legs. ❝Sander.....❞ She moans l...
685K 31.8K 75
She hadn't realized that she was completely naked under him. His hands were everywhere, sending spit of fire on every single spot of her body. He was...
210K 6.9K 53
BOOK TWO FROM BURNING DESIRE: Ruby and Chase had a whirlwind of steamy thoughts when they first met but in this story they open up with passion hot s...