Welcome to the Classroom of T...

By Seeanyui

Izuru Kamukura suddenly awakens in a world unlike the one he knows, with only a few clues leading him to a sc... More

Volume 1 - Ch. 1 Classroom of Talent Supremacy
Volume 1 - Ch. 2 Speculation
Volume 1 - Ch. 3 King
Volume 1 - Ch. 4 Called by the King
Volume 1 - Ch. 5 The Stage is the Library
Volume 1 - Ch. 6 Negotiation
Interlude 1 - Ryuuen Kakeru Monologue
Volume 2 - Ch. 1 Incidents and Romance
Volume 2 - Ch. 2 Everyday Life with a Tyrant and a Queen
Volume 2 - Ch. 3 A Casual Holiday
Volume 2 - Ch. 4 Kikyou Kushida's Talent
Volume 2 - Ch. 5 Eccentric, Delinquent, and Supportive Items
Volume 2 - Ch. 6 Genius and Hope
Volume 2 - Ch. 7 The End of the Battle
Interlude 2 - A Special Day for Ibuki Mio
Volume 3 - Ch.1 Luxury Cruise Ship

Volume 1 - Ch. 7 Midterm Exam

1.4K 50 13
By Seeanyui

What is the right thing to do on the day of the exam?

What actions would you take?

Should you cram everything you can remember until the last moment?

Should you continue with your daily routine, calm your mind to avoid nervousness, and prepare for the actual exam?

Or should you give up and faint while standing?

Different people can come up with different thoughts from here.

In other words, there is no definitive answer to what is right.

But perhaps we can consider this as the right way of thinking: "What comes with results" is what is right.

In other words, as long as you can score well on the test, it doesn't matter what actions you take on that day as long as they suit you.

Whether it is long-term memory or short-term memory, the result being good is what matters.

If you think in such a pragmatic way, you will be able to "satisfy" yourselves, won't you?

And this way of thinking is not limited to just tests.

It is particularly evident in modern society.

But let's stop here with further extrapolation, as it could lead to infinite pursuit.

"Hmm, it seems there are no absentees. That's good. If there were absentees, it would deduct class points accordingly."

While thinking about such things, I heard Mr. Sakagami's voice.

Today is the day of the midterm exam. He finishes writing the exam schedule on the whiteboard and stands at the podium, looking at each student one by one.

"This is the first test for you as high school students. Moreover, it's a test with considerably severe consequences. I think the tension and anxiety weighing on you are beyond what ordinary high school students experience. But I believe in all of you. Just by being able to enter this school, you are wonderful students."

There is no falsehood in Mr. Sakagami's words. Even the nervous students seem to relax little by little as they listen to his words.

This is quite different from the imitation of a teacher with a mix of a rabbit and a bear.

"I have good news for you. If you pass the midterm and final exams..."

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!

Suddenly, a voice that seems impossible for a single person to produce interrupts Mr. Sakagami's grateful words.

Everyone was genuinely surprised by this voice.

The sound of chairs moving echoes simultaneously, and some people's expressions change.

This shout can be heard from the hallway, no, the neighboring classroom. Considering the direction of the sound, it's probably from Class D.

From the fact that it can be heard even in the neighboring classroom, it's evident that they are shouting quite loudly.

And this voice feels more like a war cry than a scream.

Even calm Mr. Sakagami momentarily shows a face of not understanding what happened. However, it doesn't last long, and he quickly returns to his usual strict expression, attempting to continue his speech.

"Ahem!... If you pass the midterm and final exams, a vacation awaits you in the summer. In anticipation of that joy, give your all in this exam. That's all from me. I pray for your success."

Mr. Sakagami forcefully delivers his message, sounding somewhat desperate, and concludes the morning homeroom.

Intuitively, someone said that the war cry was the cry of the soul of a boy from Class D who reacted to the mention of vacation. I think they have quite the predictive ability.

After that, everyone in the class began to do their best for the test, each in their own way.

***

My name is Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. I am a male student belonging to Class 1-D.

Abruptly, let me explain the current situation of Class D.

We, Class D, are known as the "defective products" labeled by the school with the lowest evaluation.

In fact, we didn't care about or even know about the school's evaluation until May. We enjoyed a carefree and dream-like life.

And now, the harsh reality has been thrust upon us, and everyone is unable to accept it.

We received a 0 evaluation, in other words, a score of 0. Some of us may have to live on zero yen for a month.

In addition, there is another reality that has been thrown at us. If we get a failing grade on a test, we will be expelled immediately.

In a recent quiz, seven students in Class D received failing grades, which is a pitiful result. If things continue like this, there is a possibility that more than seven students will be expelled.

It was truly a despairing situation.

However, even in such circumstances, we began to find a way out.

From the day we received the lowest evaluation, most students started taking classes seriously and desperately resisted to restore their points.

But groups are strange. Even if 90% of people unite, the remaining 10% do not. Furthermore, they are easily swayed by immediate gains and give in to their desires.

In other words, they are students who do not study.

And I was ordered by my neighbor, Suzune Horikita, to hold a study group targeting those students.

It was quite a trial for me, who had no friends, but with the help of another female student, Kikyou Kushida, I managed to successfully organize the study group.

However, the first study session was a failure.

Horikita, who has a serious personality, got angry and scolded the careless group members. It led to a rift among us.

But afterwards, a change occurred within Horikita.

Something triggered an expansion of her perspective, in other words, she grew.

And Horikita and the careless group gradually began to acknowledge each other and resumed the study group.

From there, progress was rapid. Horikita has the ability to teach others.

As she started observing the study habits of the careless group, their academic performance grew rapidly.

Another student who helped us, Kikyou Kushida, also provided her assistance.

And now, we are diligently preparing for the remaining one-week test.

Thanks to Horikita and Kushida, if we continue like this, there may be no students expelled from Class D.

We may be able to break free from our current situation.

Everyone thought so.

"Hey, can you be quiet? You're making too much noise."

One of the students studying nearby scolded us.

As I mentioned earlier, we are studying to prepare for the test in one week.

We are in the library. There are other groups here who seem to be studying for their own study sessions during the test period.

The current situation is that one of the careless group members is delighted because they solved a problem. Their voice became louder, causing inconvenience to the people around.

"Sorry, sorry. I got a bit carried away. I'm just happy I solved the problem. Did you know it was Francis Bacon who came up with the concept of induction? It's worth remembering."

Kanji Ike, one of the careless group members, said with a smirk while laughing.

His communication skills truly shine in moments like this.

Although they call us the careless group, they still have their strengths. They are not common strengths that anyone can possess.

"Oh?... Are you guys from Class D?"

The expression of the male student who scolded us changed into a smug one.

And perhaps he didn't like their attitude, Sudou Ken, one of the careless group members, got irritated and spoke in a stern tone.

"What's with you guys? So what if we're from Class D? Do you have a problem?"

He also has a strength that sets him apart from others. He is athletic, exceptionally skilled in sports, especially basketball. He has the potential to become a professional player, and he has the skills to back it up.

But he has a short temper and is not good at studying. That's precisely why he ended up in Class D.

"Ah, no, it's fine. I'm Yamawaki from Class C. Nice to meet you."

The student called Yamawaki continued to talk.

In short, he insulted Class D.

Although I admire him for speaking up so openly, if Sudou responds aggressively, it's obvious that things won't end peacefully.

And the people around are increasingly inconvenienced.

However, the situation changed from there. Sudou, who couldn't stay calm, was restrained, and our very own Horikita-sensei stepped in to substitute.

As expected of Horikita. With the blade of logic, she completely shattered Yamawaki's pride, slamming the desk and standing up. She quickly turned the situation in favor of our side.

The attention of everyone in the area is now focused on this escalating situation.

Perhaps realizing that the situation is not good, some students from Class C nearby are also trying to stop Yamawaki.

But they are only two.

What about the other three? Don't they know what will happen if they cause trouble in this school?

"We're not studying to avoid failing grades. We're studying to get better scores. Don't compare us with you! Besides, what are you guys studying? What's the point of studying outside the test scope in a test that determines expulsion?"

"Huh?"

Unusually, Horikita's voice sounds questioning. Indeed, what did this guy mean by studying outside the test scope?

"I didn't think you guys wouldn't even know the test scope. That's why you guys are just useless defective products!"

"Just shut up already."

Finally, Sudou seems to have reached his limit. Well, considering his actions so far, it's more like his fuse has exploded. Let's put that aside for now.

Sudou let go of Yamawaki's collar and forcefully pushed away the hand that was holding him. Instinctively, he jumped back.

And he keeps his eyes fixed on that guy, as if a carnivorous animal is targeting its prey. He seems to be wary of him.

Sudou's reactions are delayed due to his high reflexes and extraordinary athletic ability. He finally noticed the existence of the male student who was restraining him.

He is quite tall, slightly taller than me.

But trivial things like his noticeable hairstyle are not important. What's more important is... When did he appear there?

I didn't sense his presence or hear his footsteps. I'm amazed by that.

I'm not the only one surprised. Sudou only realizes the presence of the male student who was holding his hand when he releases his grip.

His hand was grabbed, and he instinctively recoils, pushing himself back. He keeps his eyes fixed on the male student, as if he's looking at a prey. He must be cautious of him.

Sudou quickly released Yamawaki's collar and bounced away, his gaze fixed on him. It's as if he's looking at a predatory animal. He's clearly wary of that guy.

Contrasting Sudou's reaction, the male student with long black hair averts his gaze from Sudou and turns toward Yamawaki.

I can see fear in Yamawaki's eyes as the male student's completely calm, yet piercingly red eyes are fixed on him.

"What are you doing, Yamawaki-kun? I'm asking, though I can make a reasonable guess..."

"S-Sorry. I was just fooling around a bit. Hey, I mean, please spare me from telling Ryuuen-san..."

He's not a good person to mock others like that... And Ryuuen-san? Who is he referring to?

"That's boring."

"Huh?"

Boring? Yamawaki's statement may indeed not be funny, but is this response appropriate?

Maybe this guy is not good at conversations... I can't help but have a faint expectation that he might not be good at it.

"Never mind, you guys should go back to the classroom. You're causing a disturbance."

"Ah, yeah, got it."

Yamawaki and the other Class C students tidy up their study materials and quickly leave the library.

The three who came at us leave fearfully, and the remaining three who were indifferent to the situation walk slowly.

On the way, one of the three female students says to the male student with black hair, "I leave it to you." Quite irresponsible, I think.

"Well then, it seems I didn't need to step in after all!"

As my vigilance towards the male student with black hair increases, a girl with pink hair and a voluptuous figure, whom I have seen before, approaches us.

I remember her. When I was called by the homeroom teacher of Class D, Chabashira-sensei, she went to consult with the homeroom teacher of Class B, Hoshinomiya-sensei.

In other words, she is a student from Class B.

"Oh! Ichinose-san!"

"Oh! Kushida-san! Long time no see! Are you studying for the test now?"

It seems that Kushida is acquainted with Ichinose. Her communication skills are far superior to Ike's.

She is a bright student who aims to be friends with everyone in the school from the first day of school.

But that's her outward personality. On the inside, she's... scary. Very scary.

"You're Kamukura Izuru-kun, right? I was surprised to hear that you're organizing a study group."

But this guy is scarier than the intimidating Kushida.

I've never heard of this guy before. Kamukura Izuru, it's an unusual name. I wonder how it's written in kanji.

"Kushida-san, who is she?"

Horikita seems to not know her. Well, it's natural since she only likes me and doesn't have many friends, just like me.

Oh, for a moment, he gave me a glare. Scary...

"She is Ichinose Honami-san! She's a very nice person from Class B!"

"No way~ Kushida-san is a nicer person!"

Except for Sudou, the members of the careless group are leering. Their gaze is fixed on her chest.

Well, if she shows something like that, it's natural for guys to look, but it's not good to stare so blatantly.

"Wait a moment, Ichinose-san, Kamukura-kun. I have something I want to ask you. It's about the scope of the midterm exam that i heard before."

"You're Horikita Suzune-san, right? Nice to meet you! So, about the scope of the midterm exam... Hmm, can you lend me your textbook?... Here, it's from here to here! Oh, the school really does some terrible things! Was it a week ago? Suddenly changing the test scope!"

Changing the test scope? Class D hasn't heard about that.

"A change in the test scope...?"

Horikita is also dumbfounded. Why is this happening? Could it be that the test is different? No, that can't be.

"...So, it seems that what we know as the test scope is different. And a change in the test...?"

"Oh? Wasn't it conveyed to Class D? That's quite problematic, isn't it?... Maybe the test scope is different for each class... Hey, Kamukura-kun, what was the scope you heard in Class C?"

"It's the same as what you taught."

His voice is as cold as ever.

But it seems that Class C has been properly informed.

"So, I think all the classes will probably take the same test. Why is it only Class D that's like this... Could it be a communication error?"

It's impossible for only Class D to be different. If that happens, there would be no standard, and it would affect the class points.

In order to quantify the evaluation, an accurate assessment is necessary. I can't imagine the school doing something so troublesome.

"Thank you, Ichinose-san, Kamukura-kun. We'll excuse ourselves here."

"We're going to the staff room, I guess? There's only a little over 10 minutes left for lunch break, so we should hurry a bit!"

We quickly gather our belongings and head to the staff room at a slightly faster pace.

Afterwards, we learned about the shocking fact of a communication error, and once again, the situation becomes hopeless.

And at that moment, I found one possibility and made up my mind to take action.

***

The midterm exams are over, and a week has passed. Today is the long-awaited day for test results to be returned.

Perhaps because of this, there is a sense of unease among classmates, as if something uncomfortable is in the air.

Even if they have only spent a little over a month together, there must be some concern about the possibility of expulsion.

"Everyone, well done. I will return your tests right now."

Sakagami-sensei announces while holding five envelopes that presumably contain the answer sheets and six crumpled sheets of graph paper.

After those words, the tests are returned one by one in the order of English, Math, Japanese, Social Studies, and Science, each from their respective envelopes.

As everyone receives their tests, I look around the room and see various expressions—some are happy, while others have subtle looks on their faces, but I don't see any students who seem hopeless.

From the looks of it, there are no students who will be expelled.

Once all the tests have been returned, Sakagami-sensei spreads out the six sheets of graph paper he brought.

Written on them are the grades and total scores for each subject of all the students in the class, just like with quizzes.

"Hmm, the average score for all subjects should be around 70 points. I'm impressed by the good performance. You all did well. Keep up the good work for the final exams."

However, it's unusual for the grades to be publicly disclosed. Personal information like this shouldn't be shown to others. It's even more unusual to have all the scores displayed in such detail.

Some students may dislike it, but it can't be helped. This is the school's policy. It would be quite challenging to change it.

However, this policy is the optimal means to improve the "society" called the class, so there's no need to change it.

"Oh, I forgot to mention something important. There are no students who will be expelled. No one failed this time."

Upon hearing those words, a sense of relief can be seen on the faces of most of the class.

It's only natural. After all, they can now breathe a sigh of relief and escape the crisis of their school life.

"There's nothing special to discuss today, so you're free to do as you please."

As Sakagami-sensei finishes speaking, the noise in the classroom grows louder. Friends are discussing and getting excited about their scores.

Amidst all that, I can see Ryuuen-kun talking to Ishizaki-kun and Yamada-kun. It seems they are preparing for a demonstration.

"Kamukura-kun."

I hear a familiar voice. When I turn in the direction of the voice, Shiina-san is there.

She has a gentle smile, but because she has few friends, she usually doesn't initiate conversations with others in the classroom. So it feels a bit unusual.

"What do you want?"

"I have something I want to ask."

"...Is it about why Ryuuen-kun and Ishizaki-kun scored so high, enough to be at the top of the class?"

"Yes. I thought you might know something."

Regarding Ryuuen-kun, it's understandable that she would feel something amiss about Ishizaki-kun's scores since she had a sense of teaching him. She hasn't realized the possibility of a hidden technique. But there was no need for her to rely on such a technique in the first place.

Studying diligently and taking the test with one's own abilities is also one of the answers, so I have no intention of commenting on it.

"In that case, Ryuuen-kun will eventually tell you himself, so there's no need for me to say it."

"Is that so?"

Just by listening, she gives a curt reply. It seems she has lost interest. For her, someone who loves books, the existence of hidden techniques is trivial.

"...By the way, Kamukura-kun, did you get a perfect score again?"

"Ryuuen-kun and Ibuki-san also got perfect scores. It's not a big deal."

"...Then does that mean I'm not worth much since I couldn't get a perfect score?"

Upon hearing my words, her expression visibly changes, displaying a clear aura of disappointment.

She scored 483 out of 500 points, which is an exceptionally high score. It's remarkable that she achieved this score without using any hidden techniques. So there's no need for her to compare herself to others.

Moreover, tests are not meant to be compared with others; they are meant to assess one's own abilities.

"It's not like that, Shiina. The reason Ryueen and I got perfect scores is because we used a little trick, so it's not that impressive. But you, who achieved such a high score without relying on any tricks, are definitely remarkable."

"...Is that so?"

Shiina-san's overall expression visibly sinks upon hearing Ibuki-san words. She seems to understand instantly.

After that they talked about the exam results for a while and stopped chatting when they noticed Ryuuen-kun walking towards the podium.

The other students also noticed that Ryuuen-kun had started walking, and the once noisy classroom slowly became quieter.

It seems that this class is slowly but surely becoming his.

Although there are still some students who oppose him, they seem to be quite lenient, perhaps because they are interested in his test results.

The king arrived at the podium as usual, accompanied by his two subordinates.

"Well, first of all, congratulations on no one dropping out."

The king's first words, as always, slightly irritated the unique students in Class C with his condescending attitude.

As evidence, there were still negative feelings visible when he stepped forward.

"Heheh, well, I congratulate those idiots who worked diligently and avoided dropping out. But I had noticed something behind this test."

The class began to stir at his words.

From the looks of it, it seems that no one has noticed the existence of past exam questions. How boring.

"The answer is in these grades. I left behind the 'result,' you know? Don't tell me none of you noticed such a simple thing?"

As a matter of fact, Ryuen's name appeared in the top 7 in every score sheet. It's faster to count from the top.

And due to his provocation, the anger of the anti-Ryuen faction keeps rising. The current situation is clear to everyone, and it's unfolding in the palm of his hand.

"Well, calm down. The main event starts from here."

He said, deliberately drawing it out. Everyone in the class listened attentively to his next words.

"I'm thinking of having a celebration for the fact that no one dropped out. It will be held today at 6:30 PM. That's the announcement. If you're willing to come, I'll consider the hidden tricks in this test and your future treatment."

What did he win? I don't know, but it seems he's planning to have a celebration. And there, he will reveal all the secrets.

"The location will be announced in the group chat. If there's anyone who wants to come but isn't in my group, let me know through someone who is. Don't worry, there will be no 'violence' involved this time. Don't forget that. Well, that's all from me."

How boring. Why does he do such things? He seems to be too starved for entertainment.

Moreover, the other students are too naive.

Even the most foolish person should have realized his true nature by now.

Nevertheless, judging by the looks of it, there are only a handful of people who doubt him.

No violence? What is he talking about? There's no way he would willingly give up his most effective means.

Anticipation of what will happen after school today, I don't need to go anymore. Unless I'm forced to, I won't attend the celebration.

Ah, how boring.

"Are you going, Kamukura-kun?"

As soon as Ryuuen-kun's conversation ends, Shiina-san approaches me just like before.

"I don't plan on going. I assume you won't be going either, right?"

"Yes, that's right. I'm not good with large crowds... Besides, now that the test period is over, I have to catch up on the books I've been saving."

Let's not pursue her hobby any further; it has become more of an obligation for her now. If I mention books, she'll jump at the topic like a lively fish. It's a bit bothersome when she gets like that. Her relaxed pace can be quite confusing for me as well.

"But, now that we've finally got a break, wouldn't it be nice to have a change of pace and go out for a meal?"

"I understand what Ibuki-san is saying, but... being with a large group of people..."

For her, being in a place with a large crowd must feel like hell. She seems to be quite hesitant about it.

"I see. Then how about going with just the two of us?"

"...In that case, that's fine. But, is it really okay? Having a meal with someone like me..."

"I'm not a fan of large crowds either. Going there would be too much for me. Besides, wouldn't it be more enjoyable to have a meal with friends?"

"You're right... I understand. Let's have dinner after school then!"

It seems her voice is a bit more enthusiastic than usual. It's probably her first time having dinner with friends. But really, it shouldn't matter how many people are there.

"How about you, Kamukura-kun? Why don't you join us too?"

"Huh?"

...Why do you need to invite me? Ibuki-san said it would just be the two of you, right?

She lets out a bewildered voice, looking a bit foolish.

"Is it not okay, Kamukura-kun?"

"Well, it's fine, but... why did you need to invite me specifically?"

"Huh? Isn't it more fun to have dinner with friends? So, three is better than two!"

She's quite oblivious... I fully agree with Ibuki-san, who grumbles about it.

"So, Kamukura-kun, how about it? Will you come with us?"

Well then, my options for after school are three:

→ Decline the invitation and attend the celebration.
→ Skip the celebration and accept the invitation.
→ Don't go to either and head home.

Honestly, no matter which one I choose, the time spent won't change. But if I have to go to a place with a large crowd and waste unnecessary energy, I'd rather be with them or be alone, as it's more enjoyable than being with those boring people.

And spending time with "friends" is better than with dull humans, right?

I still don't fully understand that feeling, but maybe it's a clue to something I don't know.

Select → Skip the celebration and accept the invitation.

"I don't mind. It won't change anything no matter what I do."

"Why do you have that reluctant expression? Do you actually not want to come?"

Seemingly feeling anxious about her words, Shiina-san looks a bit sad. Though I didn't have any particular intention, it seems I caused a misunderstanding.

To resolve it, I reluctantly resort to a convenient lie.

"No, it's just that I felt a little hesitant about trying other people's cooking."

"Come to think of it, you always brought your own bento, didn't you? Are you trying to say you have some talent for cooking?"

"Yes."

"Hmm... I see. If you're so confident, then let us taste your cooking."

...Why did such words come out in this conversation? Well, Ibuki-san surprises me beyond my expectations. Whether it's a good thing or not is another matter.

"Why would I want to cook something..."

"Alright, it's decided. Shiina, is that okay with you?"

Before I could finish my sentence, her words cut me off. A bit audacious, I must say. Well, it seems I need to change her perception a bit to avoid future fatigue.

"...I'm also interested. Kamukura-kun's bento that I occasionally catch a glimpse of during lunch always looks delicious. So, I agree with her opinion!"

*Sigh*... Never mind. I never learn, do I?

I have no choice. Let's just go along with what they say.

Of course, if I've decided to do something, I'll make use of all my talents and face it.

I'll look forward to the after-school time.

As soon as I finish the conversation with them, the bell signaling 5 minutes before class rings.

No matter if the tests are over or not, being late for class is not allowed.

My classmates start preparing for class, returning to their usual daily lives.

This day after school, I spent time with the two of them!

Using my Super High School Level Cooking talent, I was able to satisfy their taste buds!

The closeness with Ibuki Mio and Shiina Hiyori has increased!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 137 17
With the goal and thought of achieving a peaceful school life in mind far from the experience of the White Room experiment, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka will...
5K 253 9
Classroom of the elite X Pokemon X Oshi no Ko Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, Yuki Tsubaki, and Shiro Hoshino are going to ANHS. The school is famous for educati...
26.8K 974 12
This is a Classroom of the Elite (You-Zitsu) fanfiction that will focus on the characters reacting to their world from a different point of view (Sho...
32.4K 974 38
after the island exam in his first year of his new highschool life , our mc kiyotaka wakes up in an abandoned school He came to realize after that...