Land of Giants {Obito x Reade...

Bởi libras_libertas

Konoha just ended a ten year war with Kiri leaving the city corrupted and broken. The city swarms with good c... Xem Thêm

1. An Alleyway
Dear Reader,
2. A Stress Reliever 🍋
3. Eggs, Toast, & Derealization
4. 10 Rings
5. Anticipation
6. Expendable
7. Operation Eris
8. Let Me In
9. A Word for Nachos and Coffee 🍋
10. A Human Thing To Do
11. Liar 🍋
12. Tensions
13. What a Trip
14. One Pad to the Next
15. Somewhere Safe 🍋
16. Margaritas and Star Wars 🌶
17. M.I.A
18. Shower Pizza
19. More Masks
20. Interrogation
Update | 18 August 2022
21. The Man Behind the Mask
22. More Star Wars
23. Demand 🍋

24. Smoking Kills

17 1 0
Bởi libras_libertas

"Drop me off here," she asked with her hand on the car door handle.

"We're still a few blocks away," Obito said, not slowing down.

She placed her hand on top of his hand that rested on the gear shift, "Obi... we can't risk being seen."

He clenched his jaw and slowed the car. When he pulled over, she gave him a quick kiss on the lips and turned to get out. Before anything else could be said, the car door was shut and she walked towards the meeting spot.

As she rounded the corner, she saw Kisame. He stood with one hand in his coat pocket and the other holding a cigarette. He wore dark sunglasses, covering up his bruised eye. Little cuts scattered his face, a deeper one was covered with a butterfly stitch.

"Smoking kills," she said as she walked past him, grabbing the handle of the door.

Kisame scoffed, coughing out one last inhale. He tossed the cigarette on the floor, crushing it with his boot before reaching above her and catching the door.

"Boss man is pretty angry little bunny, I'd watch that mouth of yours if I were you," Kisame warned.

She didn't reply, she kept her gaze focused ahead. Kisame looked down at her. She wore loose pants, similar to his, a tight long sleeve high neck shirt, and combat boots. Every part of her skin was covered aside from her eyes and her forehead, her hair hung down freely. He reached to pull down the black mouth scarf she wore.

"Fuck, that kitsune bastard got you good," Kisame said.

She stopped, pulling her scarf back up and pushed him into a wall. She was small, her forearm reached up and pressed into his sternum. In all honestly, he could have tossed her across the dark hallway if he wished. Instead, he entertained her and kept his back pressed to the wall.

"Don't touch me," Y/N warned, her nose burned from the lingering smoke on his breath.

He held his hands up in surrender, "Little bunny, you're the one pressed against me."

She backed away from him, rolling her eyes and continued down the hallway.

"Seriously though, are you okay?" he asked, walking slightly to her right.

"Why the fuck do you care?" she asked, her voice laced with venom, "One nude dance and you're in love or what?"

"Fuck you," he spat as he stepped in front of her, opening the door to the suite Madara had asked them to meet him in.

His voice boomed, "It's about time."

They both approached the police chief and he motioned for them to sit at the chairs in front of his desk. Even in this abandoned building he had managed to make a somewhat luxurious looking office – or rather chamber – for himself.

"We've identified the Root members directly responsible for the attacks," he said, pushing a file towards them to share, "Take care of them."

"That's it?" Y/N asked, her eyebrow was raised, "That's why you called us all the way down here?"

Madara said nothing, he only returned Y/N's glare, "Zetsu is working on your invites for Konoha's Fire Ball. I need you both to do your best to refrain from suffering any more injuries. You need to look the part, got it?"

Y/N's breath hitched. The Fire Ball was an annual ball held for the famous and prominent all over the world. It's always been hosted by the Land of Fire's Daiymo. This was the first official Fire Ball being held since the ten years war ended.

"Got it, Y/N?" Madara repeated, his look was one of pure disgust.

"Loud and clear," she said, "Anything else?"

Madara pointed to the folder, "I want this dealt with. The sooner, the better."

~~~

The folder consisted of ten names, Kisame would target five, Y/N would target the other five. They sat together in the room for hours after Madara left. It was a building completely rented out for their use.

"An entire building is a little excessive," Kisame sighed, leaning back from the table he and Y/N had been hunched over.

"It's pretty much always been abandoned," she said, "When I was little, I used to think it was haunted. I remember walking by one day and saw a figure standing in the window but when I looked to the doors, they were all boarded up."

"And your brain said 'ghost' rather than the fact that this place was probably used as a druggie hideout?" Kisame asked, laughing.

"Hey man, you laugh now, but this building has always had weird rumors attached to it," she said, "I think we're done here, don't you?"

"Yeah, burn it," Kisame held the folder out to her.

She took the folder and lit it on fire before tossing it in a metal waste bin. She grabbed her bag, swinging it over her shoulders and made her way towards the door.

"Hey, Y/N?" Kisame called behind her.

She turned around, meeting his gaze. He froze briefly, recalling the infamous scar he had seen carved into her back during their training with Milana. It was Nuibari's trademark stitch pattern. He would take a knife and create lines of what looked like stitch marks into his victims.

"I left the Seven Swords when we were directed to target the Root," he spoke quickly and pained, "I had other reasons... I tried to convince the others but they were too... brainwashed, you know?"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I..." Kisame raised his arm, clenched his fist and tapped his knuckles on the desk, "I respect you. I... don't want to be associated with the men responsible for..."

Y/N only nodded, she broke the eye contact he had made with her and turned to continue out of the building. Her stomach twisted and churned, the old smell of the building wasn't helping.

~~~

She walked down the sidewalk, on her way to meet Obito in the spot he had dropped her off. The sun had long since been down and the streets were devoid of any other people. It began to rain lightly. She smiled behind her mask, he loved the rain and couldn't wait to be in Obito's arms. There was something so appealing about having sex in this type of weather. She felt her stomach melt at the idea and a heat grew between her legs.

She only had a few more blocks to go when a hand grabbed her from behind. She was restrained and dragged into an alleyway and down a flight of stairs and through the doorway of a building. Her captor threw her into a low chair, handcuffing her to a desk.

"Y/N, we meet at last," a man's deep voice came from the other room, "Please forgive such a rude intrusion on your walk."

"Who the hell are –" her eyes went wide when she realized the voice belonged to Shikaku Nara. The man who had cuffed her to the seat was none other than Inoichi Yamanaka. Behind Shikaku stood Chocho Akimichi.

"You're a hard one to track down," Inoichi leaned against the wall.

She didn't struggle, they weren't attacking. Yet.

"Y/N," Shikaku's voice was raspy and harsh, "What is Madara plotting?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Tch," Inoichi stepped closer, "We have plenty of time to play that game if that's what you want."

"What I want is to be out of these cuffs."

"Tell us what we need to know first and I'd be happy to oblige."

Y/N didn't respond, she only tugged at the cuffs. There wasn't any wiggle room.

"Why are you working with Madara?"

She refused to even look at Chocho, who stood directly in front of her. This was a dirty trick and a dangerous place to be; after all, they had no issue being in the presence of Danzo at that mansion party.

"Y/N? I want to go home. I'm sure you have things to do as well, make this easy on us."

"Chocho, I told you that a won't work," Inoichi spoke deep and slow.

Chocho ignored the blonde and continued his gentle tactic.

"Get comfortable, it seems like were going to be here forever at this rate," Y/N smirked. They weren't going to hurt her, that wasn't their game. These were the men who went by the honor code and left the dirty work to others.

Her eyes widened when Inoichi moved in the blink of an eye and gripped her jaw tightly, his fingers dug into the bruises she had on her neck and jaw. She clenched her teeth together tightly, biting back the pain she felt.

"Let's do this my way," he said, his warm breath hitting her ear, making her skin crawl.

"You two are shit at this good cop, bad cop guise," she spat.

Inoichi dug his fingers into her before pushing himself away from her. He turned to Chocho and shook his head. He nodded to a door, different from the one they had come in from. Inoichi and Chocho stepped out leaving Y/N alone with Shikaku.

"Was this really your plan?" she asked, raising her eyebrow but still staring at the floor, "Capture girl, interrogate, success? Is that really what you thought would happen? Do you have any idea of what I went through during your little war? Do you really think one pair of handcuffs would do the trick? Let. Me. Go."

"You look warmer since we saw you last," Shikaku motioned to her clothing.

Her head shot up and she met Shikaku's unbothered gaze, "You knew?"

Just then, a crashing sound was heard, there was a brief struggle before Kisame kicked open the door Inoichi and Chocho had left through. He held a pistol in one hand, a cigarette in the other. The tip of the gun was aimed at Shikaku's head.

"Hands up. Step back," Kisame said after taking in a drag.

"And if I don't?" Shikaku challenged.

"I'm not feeling very patient today," he said, stretching his finger over the trigger.

"Wait! Kisa, no!" Y/N struggled against the cuffs, "He knows something."

"Everyone knows a bit of something, now don't they? But following orders when a gun is pointed at their head? Should be simple. Tch," Kisame stepped closer, putting the cool metal tip of the gun against Shikaku's temple.

"What do you know about Madara already Shikaku?"

Shikaku held up his hand and his eyes moved to Kisame, "Did you kill them?"

"Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum? Nah, they're just taking a nap," Kisame looked to Y/N and back to Shikaku, "Take those cuffs off."

"Put the gun away," Shikaku said.

"I'll think about it after you do what I say," Kisame took another drag from his cigarette.

Shikaku moved his hand slowly to his pocket, pulling out a key and moving to where Y/N was sitting. He undid the cuffs, being as gentle as he could. He hadn't realized how tight Inoichi had made them.

"Will you put the gun down now?" Shikaku asked as Y/N rubbed her wrists.

"If you put yours on the floor, the yes," Kisame said, still pointing the gun. He motioned for Y/N to stand beside him. She, without thinking, stepped across the room and stood at his side, grateful for his presence.

Shikaku pulled out his own gun and placed it on the floor.

"You're being awfully cautious. Is that because no one knows you're here?"

Now it was Shikaku's turn to remain silent. Ironically, the tables had been flipped and he was internally kicking himself for thinking this would go smoothly.

"Does your son know you like to meet up with gang members after midnight?" Kisame ridiculed.

"Leave my kid out of this. Put the gun down and then I'll talk," Shikaku said through clenched teeth.

"Kisa..." Y/N whispered, hoping he would listen to her.

Kisa...

He loved hearing her say his name that way. He wondered if she was even aware of its effect on him. He looked to Y/N, she was practically begging with her eyes. He rolled his own and let out a rough sigh, he couldn't have her see how weak she made him.

Kisame lowered the gun, tucking it behind his back, into a holster covered by his coat.

"Put out that gross cigarette too," Y/N demanded as she turned her attention to Shikaku, "Speak, now."

Kisame looked back to Y/N, if they weren't in this situation, he definitely would have snapped back at her, instead he flicked the cigarette at his boot and snuffed it out and turned back to Shikaku.

"Danzo knows Madara is up to something. We weren't told what. We were only told to stop you or else," Shikaku clenched his teeth and he looked down, internally cursing himself for ever accepting Danzo's promotion.

"Or else what?"

"My son..."

"Shikaku, what did Danzo tell you?" Y/N asked with no luck. Shikaku was now regretting ever allowing himself to give away so much information.

"Alright, let me ask you this. What were you, Yamanaka, Akimichi, and Hyuga doing at that mansion? I wouldn't exactly peg any of you for the type to be into all of that shit."

"We aren't; and it wasn't a choice."

"Alright, well I'm not really in the mood for this cryptic ass bullshit," Y/N said as she turned to Kisame, "Let's get out of here."

They turned to leave, before Shikaku followed, "Wait. Danzo... he... Danzo threatened each one of us. We managed to keep it out of the media but he is slowly trying to leak information if we don't follow his orders. Neji... it affected his chance to get into some of the top universities. Danzo isn't just going to ruin our lives, but our children's as well."

Y/N stopped, Kisame had walked just a bit ahead of her before stopping. He studied her face as she took in Shikaku's words. She looked like she was about to throw a punch; but briefly, a tender expression flashed through her eyes. Her face hardened once more and she spun around, facing the head of the Nara clan.

"Report back to Danzo, tell him you'll continue trying to get intel but you failed tonight," she ripped a piece of paper from a notebook in her bag and passed to Shikaku, "Write down your number."

"So, you'll help us?"

Y/N let out a cruel laugh, "Help? What makes you think I'd help the man who got to hide away from all the action while those beneath you died in such a brutal war? What makes you think I give a shit about your entitled kids? You'll do as I say or I'll make sure your kids will never get to see a university, much less the light of day."

"I don't believe you."

"Y/N, come on," Kisame nudged her.

Shikaku wrote his number down and held out the paper for Y/N to take, "I know what you are, I can pay..."

Y/N smiled beneath her mask, "That's better. I'll call you."

With that, Kisame pulled Y/N out of the building and back into the alley. Just before the heavy metal oor slammed, Shikaku called out, "You're a good person, Y/N."

"What the fuck was that all about?"

"What, you angry I made you put out that nasty cigarette?" she teased.

Kisame led her away from the alley, leading her down the block. He pulled her aside and grabbed her wrists, inspecting the damage.

She pulled away from him and walked around the corner, "I'm fine Kisame."

"You said 'Kisa' earlier, I think I liked that more," he said with a smirk as he led her into a musty convenience store vestibule, out of the rain.

"No I didn't."

"Yeah," he said, leading her into the store, "Little bunny, you did."

Her brows furrowed, "Would you let go of me?"

"No, you might run."

"Well, I don't plan on buying anything in here."

"I do."

She rolled her eyes and let him lead her to the back of the store where the refrigerators were.

"Get a drink," he said as he opened one door, pulling out a canned tea.

"I'm not thirsty."

"Sure you are, you did most of the talking back there. Come on, my treat."

She pulled away from his grip and opened a different door and pulled out a water bottle. Kisame smiled, flashing his sharp canine teeth, and took the water bottle from her hands, not before running his hands over hers first. He walked up to the cashier and silently paid. As they walked out, he handed her the bottle.

"Where are you headed? I'll walk with you," he said, cracking open his tea can.

"Thank you, but I'm fine."

Kisame stopped, blocking her path, "Tch, little bunny, are you hiding something?"

Her eyes narrowed, "No."

"Liar," he took a sip of his tea.

"Goodnight, Kisame," she stepped around him as he lit a cigarette and headed towards her meeting spot.

When she was away from Kisame, she pulled out her phone and saw Obito had tried to call her several times. She closed her eyes, hoping he wouldn't be upset with her.

He picked up before the first ring, "Y/N? Where the hell are you?"

"I'm sorry, the meeting went longer than I thought."

"You text me two hours ago saying you were ready."

"Yeah, then your pain-in-the-ass uncle had more to say."

"Hn, sounds like him."

"Where are you?"

"Walking to the spot you dropped me off at."

"Get off your phone, be safe."

"See you soon," she hung up the phone and put it away, walking faster than before.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

64.1K 1.7K 30
KAKASHI X FEM! READER **THIS IS AN 18+ FIC, NO CHILDREN PLEASE** Y/N: When my brother Shisui was murdered, I was pulled out of the Anbu by the third...
5.7K 159 27
Reborn As An Uchiha ... -Naruto fanfic- Kakashixreader ... ~What happens when Y/N and her brother get on a plane back home? How will things happen w...
4.3K 82 9
After the death of the Fourth Hokage and his Wife, Y/N started becoming alone. Y/N wasn't used to it, because it was quiet. The only household Y/N u...
170K 4.6K 64
(Y/n) has always had a big responsibility on her shoulders. Will this pressure fade away once she meets the infamous Kakashi Hatake? Or would her wor...