The Colors Yellow and Purple

By Bit_h_

(Cover art by me)) ~slow burn enemies to lovers 😽~ Y/N had a rough life, living with her mom until age 10 wh... More

Home
Golden Guard
The Cooler One
together?!?
Sunrise
Hunter
Useful
Overslept
Dark Blue
Hard to Hate Him
No
Thats Hot
Half a Witch
Never listen
You're Awful
Tears
Deal
No...
Replaceable
Long day
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED??
Friends
Goldie
Apologies
Spiderweb candy
Grape girl
Ever know

Up to Something or On Something

107 2 0
By Bit_h_

Cant remember to forget you- Shakira, Rihanna

Your pov

"Whoa someones happy today." I said smugly as me and the Golden Guard strode the town of Bones Burrow.

He laughed softly in his laugh, "Oh you know, just finally git some sleep."

I squinted my eyes, "Oh? No line of witches in your keep this morning?"

He looked over to me confused but seemed to remember our humorous conversation, "Oh, yea no, there was aline but not as long so I got to sleep in."

I looked over to him by the stride in his step, the fact he hasn't made one singular sarcastic comment to me the entire time, he seemed genuinely happy and content as we walked onto our mission.

The Golden Guard in just a good mood?

Yea no, thats bullshit.

He walked ahead of me and I studied him as he entered a library.

What in the Isles is he up to?

Our mission for today was a smaller honestly a pretty easy day if we weren't to do anything else- besides a few minuscule tasks- and the day would likely end quickly. Good because I had to study on more potions because I was falling short in that category. My main abilities was healing, oracle, plant, and abomination and i was hoping to be able to become better at illusions and potions. Though that didn't mean I didn't want to go over the bard coven or the construction coven or any others, those were just my priorities. Mind myself that I had began to fall short on studying science my temporary truce with Hunter, I couldn't forget the competition and the rivalry that we've had all these years, a few fun weeks of duo missions definitely cant change that or how I feel about him... even if I now know that he is...kinda cute. Our job today was simply to visit all the libraries in Bones Burrow and collect any books on wild magic-and for me personally check out new romance books, i finished my other one last night (I binge read it of course).

Hunter walked into the library and put on his big cool guy Golden Guard voice and persona. Another thing I've kinda noticed is him when he's the Golden Guard vrs when he's comfortable and himself are like two different witches. He's still cocky, and annoying, and rude and sarcastic, but moments like last night or when I first saw him on the ship sinking in the suns golden highlights... I feel like I see him.

Titian I'm reading too many romance books that sounded corny and weird as heck.

I shook my head as I followed pursuit of him, "Hello mamm', I am the Golden Guard and this is The Amethyst Guard my-" He paused and turned back to the lady as I waved softly, "We need you to bring us all books on wild magic that you have."

"please," I cut in.

I could tell he rolled his eyes but with a bit less malice than normal, "Please."

I smirked under my mask as the lady brought out a giant stack of books, "here you are, Ive been meaning to get rid of these for awhile. Something of Hunter lit up when he saw them or darkened, one of the two, either way something shifted as he picked them up and walked outside.

"Thank you!!" I called out as we exited and I laughed softly, "Damn, ever heard of manners?"

He just laughed again-a sound I was getting comfortably used to, "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention ill have more, "Manners" next time."

I just shook my head, "Man am i gonna have to put up with your bad manners for the entire time were working together? I dunno that sounds like a rule breaker," I replied mostly sarcastic.

This time it was his turn to shake his head as he said quietly, "Not for much longer.."

I couldn't tell what he meant, "What?"

He shook his head for a second time, "Nothing y/n , nothing at all."

Oh he was definitely up to something or on something, or both.

After a few more minutes we entered the next library and as we were walking in I noticed a skinny male witch dive-yes dive- behind the counter and he seemed to hide there as we walked in.

I made a small magic circle and used oracle magic to use telepathy with Hunter,

"You saw that right?"

"what the- how am I hearing you? Why are you in my thoughts?? Am I going crazy?"

I gave him a- bro are stupid- look under my mask and shook my head, "Oracle magic, but you saw him dive under the desk too right?"

He nodded, "yea, what do you think hes hiding?"

I shrugged, "Shrooms, the wild book, him being a wild witch, beats me."

Then I paused,"maybe he's scared of us?"

"Us? Me maybe but you? Nah."

"Bitch-"

He then spoke with deep rasp to his voice, "Come out now or we'll be forced to use... drastic measures,"

"ah sexy cool guy voice again I see."

He instantly turned to me his grip on his staff tightened and his shoulders were up and i saw a bit of his ear from inside his hood was red.

"What-"

Oh shit-

I instantly cut off the though train-as I liked to call it- and turned forward, "Sir please come out, we only wish to take the books on wild magic, no harm is intended to be done to you."

"Sexy-?" I heard the Golden Guard murmur under his breath as he looked at his hands.

Then the guy with deep blue hair, and blocky glasses appeared out from behind the desk, "You cant take them away! In burning books you in the end only burn the witches and demons of the Boiling Isles!"

Hunter responded, "Sir we are not asking."

I stepped forward, "Please, I know it can seem unfair but we are simply following orders. Wild magic is dangerous and can over power witches, it can..." i paused and took a deep breath, 'And has hurt witches and demons alike, myself included. Please, protect your community and give them to us."

I felt Hunter stiffen and his eyes turn to the back of my cloak upon me saying that but the shop owner only stared at me, Hunter walked up to me, a bit closer than normal, "Please."

The shop owner grimly nodded and went into the back before handing us the books, he dropped a stack of books and sneered at me, "When Belos is the end to us all, dont come crying to me because you thought you were doing something good."

I took a sharp inhale, some peoples undignifing hatred for Belos often rubbed off on us and nodded. I picked up the books and handed half of the stack to hunter, me already carrying a few from our other visit.

We walked outside and I took a sharp inhale, "Man that was a bummer, but hey look at you using your manners!"

He didn't reply for a moment and snapped his attention to me, "Huh? Oh! Ha ha, very funny," He replied sarcastically.

"I didn't think you had it in you," I said cheekily.

"You're not funny you know."

"Oh I know, Im friggin' hilarious."

We stopped by two other stores and by that time it was about 3pm when we hopped back on our staves, placing the books into bags wrapped around our chests. The sun was brimming down on us and with the hotness of the sun it felt amazing.

It was pretty silent until Hunter took off his mask and blew out a breath of hot air, his face was somehow perfectly fine-unlike mine because I was sweating like a demonpig- and he sighed, "Damn those things are stuffy."

I took it as an invitation to take mine off so I did, "How do you not look hot?"

He looked over to me and his eyes widened for a moment and then he turned and snickered to himself.

"Ha ha. I know, I look a mess, Im hot. Drink it up, get your laughs in."

He just smiled a toothy grin and shrugged as his laughing subsided, "Oh, I dunno, Ive always been really insensitive to heat. I simply just dont get hot, so I look hot 24/7," he added the last bit teasingly cockily.

I rolled my eyes playfully, the sweat beginning to subside due to the cold wind against my face las we soared the sky, "You're in a good mood today, any reason why?"

He just grinned, "Cant a guy just be in a good mood?

I shook my head, "Yea no, not you."

He laughed again and looked over to me, " Woooow, you're not very nice Amethyst guard,"

I snorted. I fricking snorted, what the isles is going on with me? "You're one to talk."

He was about to say something but he yelled and almost ran into a tree, swerving at the last moment as I fell into a fit of laughter, having to lay forward on my staff as I clutched my stomach.

"Hahahahaha ahaha-" He mocked me as he rolled his eyes, then it turned into real laughter as a branch whacked me in the face and Hunter completely lost it.

I held onto my face and flipped him a vulgar gesture but when I looked to him I felt my cheeks warm up.

He was clutching his stomach as his hair slightly fell in his face, his eyes were closed and his eyebrows were unscrunches, his mouth was open happily as he laughed as his nose scrunched in response. His tooth gap was visible but what really caught my attention was his laugh, not a sneer, or snicker, or chuckle, or short quiet laugh, or short laugh, a full blown laugh. A tenor ranged laugh that got higher as it ended and was lower when it began. He wiped a tear away that was forming in his eyes and just smiled at me still recovering from his laughing fit.

Titian I hated him.

We entered the castle not long after and we hauled our books but he looked anxious as it became closer to three. He stopped and turned to me, "Hey do you think you could take my pile to the incinerator for me? I have to go do something," He said hastily.

I set my bag down and put my hands on my hips, "Whats in it for me?"

He paused and thought for a moment, "I dunno, Ill buy you the cheesiest, corniest romance book I can find."

I smirked and moved my hands to cross my arms, "Enemies to lovers?"

He looked at me confused and shrugged, "Yea sure whatever that means."

I smiled and picked up his bag, "You've got yourself a deal, but you also owe me a favor."

He by the time I finished my sentence was gone and I kept wondering if it were connected to why he was in such a good mood.

I shrugged it off and hauled them to the big hot room. I placed the books inside and left for someone to dispose of them. In my walk back I noticed a specific familiar voice shushing something. I-for some reason- ducked behind a potted plant and looked over to where it came from.

Then out walked Hunter from where I was guessing was his room but he was in a scouts uniform, not his. Then I noticed where he was shushing, It was a red cardinal he held close to his body and then it turned wooden as he put it into his cloak.

Holy shit he has a palismen??

He then began to run away from his room, I used a magic circle and turned myself invisible as I followed him.

Yea hes definitely up to something.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Again or on something, im still not ruling that out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 174 25
Annoying - a word you and the notorious golden guard would use to describe each other. Hunter finds himself stuck with a sadistic and poetic prankste...
7.8K 134 16
I wouldn't expect the everyday life of two psychopathic cold blooded murderers to be different than mine, hell I'll be quite concerned if it was... t...
77K 2.6K 30
trying to be a good kid hasn't worked out for you in the past or now. you manage to find even more trouble when you follow your kid sister through a...
7.4K 266 23
Y/n is a teenager in a school called Hexside School of Magic and Demonics with her best friends Willow and Gus. One day, they end up stumbling upon a...