Lilium {Mo Dao Zu Shi}

By Rubi_Rupa

~Slow updates~ After the events of the GuanYin temple, the cultivation world finds a long lasting peace. Wei... More

Purple Hyacinth [Prologue]
Calathea [Chapter-1]
Forget-me-not [Chapter-2]
Begonia [Chapter-3]
Daffodil [Chapter-4]
Camellia [Chapter-6]
Dahlia [Chapter-7]
Gladiolus [Chapter-8]
Marigold [Chapter-9]
Pansy [Chapter-10]
Moonflower [Chapter-11]
Snapdragon [Chapter-12]
Lavender [Chapter 13]
Poppy [Chapter-14]
Tulip [Chapter 15]
Delphimium [Chapter 16]

Iris [Chapter-5]

361 29 12
By Rubi_Rupa

Yu ZiYuan looked at the familiar entrance of Cloud Recesses. It hadn't changed at all, even though Cloud Recesses had been burned down once before.

But even that was so long ago. She had been dead for 13 years. More than a decade has passed since the time she had taken her last breath in her last life.

Yu ZiYuan spoke to Jin Ling, "Young Master Jin, have you brought the invitation?"
"Yes. Here it is."
"Great."

In front of the Cloud Recesses gates, there were two familiar figures.

One was undoubtedly Lan WangJi. The other was Wei WuXian, in the body of Mo XuanYu.

Lan WangJi looked as stoic as always, but the light in his eyes had been different from it had been 13 years ago. He was no longer the inexperienced teenager Yu ZiYuan had last seen.

Right now, both Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi were grown men, the position they were in, was the position she and her generation were in 13 years ago. Her own son had grown up to an amazing and proudworthy sect leader.

Yu ZiYuan smiled unconsciously.

At least two of them were safe. She wished Jiang YanLi lived to see this sight of then being strong and reliable.

But just then, she remembered how awful Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian's relationship was at the moment. She figured Jiang YanLi would be sad for that. She sighed.

'A-Li, I really can't decide if it was good or bad that you died without seeing them grow up.'

Truth be told, maybe Jiang YanLi would have been able to glue then together somehow again, but the fact that their relationship had already been very strained after the war was apparent from what she had heard from others.

It was precisely because of Wei WuXian's use of demonic cultivation as well as siding with the innocent Wen remnants. There was the issue with the Stygian Tiger Amulet as well. And Jin ZiXuan's death was the last call for the end.

Yu ZiYuan looked came forward and bowed along with everyone else, "HanGuang-Jun, Yiling Patriarch."

Wei WuXian smiled, "Welcome to Cloud Recesses."

Lan WangJi nodded before gently speaking, "We pray and hope that you all have a pleasant time here."

Wei WuXian looked at Jin Ling, grinning, "Aiyah, look who's here."

Jin Ling humphed as he turned a light shade of red, "What's wrong with me coming?"
"Nothing at all." Laughed Wei WuXian softly, he then looked at Yu ZiYuan and spoke, "Ah, Xiao-Guniang. You are here too."

Lan WangJi raised his eyebrows in curiosity. Wei WuXian spoke, "Lan Zhan, she is Xiao MingYu. We met a few months before."

Yu ZiYuan bowed, "It is my utmost honour to be here. This lowly one greets Senior Wei and HanGuang-Jun."

Lan WangJi smiled lightly as he nodded, "Mn. Alright."

Wei WuXian pouted, "Hey! Stop smiling. You are not allowed to smile in front of anyone else. Your smile is only for me, okay?"

Lan WangJi still continued to smile as he spoke, "Mn. Only for Wei Ying."

Wei WuXian spoke whining, "Er-Gege, you say that but you are still smiling. Isn't that lying?"
"Lying is prohibited in Cloud Recesses. Lans do not lie."

Jin Ling made a gagging sound. Yu ZiYuan 'pfft'-ed out a laugh.  Wei WuXian fake glared at them, then he sighed, "Ah well. Then let's get inside."

The disciples who were craving tea for some drama seeing the PDA of Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi finally went inside and settled themselves.

__________________________________

Yu ZiYuan came out in the afternoon to have some fresh air. The curfew was not active until 7 p.m. So she didn't have to worry much.

"Guniang." came the familiar voice of Mo XuanYu. Yu ZiYuan recognised him as Wei WuXian.

She smiled, "Senior Wei." she bowed. It felt weird but oh well. She was feeling happy though, that Wei WuXian was now well respected by others.

Based on her research he didn't have a good reputation among people until Jin GuangYao's past crimes were exposed.

Lan WangJi had been the only person other than the juniors to trust him.

She was very grateful to the second jade of Lan.

The only thing she didn't understand was how exactly Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi ended up falling in love.

But even that being said, Wei WuXian did use to blabber all about Lan WangJi in Lotus Pier.

"Guniang, please raise your head." Wei WuXian gently pulled her up. Yu ZiYuan smiled.

She came to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, not sure, but maybe, Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi had been in love ever since their first meeting, but didn't take approach on it. Wei WuXian, at the very least, didn't even understand he was in love with the other then boy. Knowing Lan WangJi and how the Lans were, he probably knew, as Lans were hopeless romantics anyway, but he didn't disclose the fact and kept his feelings to himself.

Wei WuXian, although was in a different body, his smile was still very similar to his original one, maybe because they were the same soul.

Yu ZiYuan was honestly really surprised at the first time with the coincidence that Mo XuanYu actually looked more than 60% like Wei WuXian. It was truly strange.

Wei WuXian spoke, "I know it would be rather difficult with all the 4000 rules in here, but I hope you have a good time here."

Yu ZiYuan chuckled, "Senior Wei doesn't seem to be a fan of the rules here."
"Oh trust me, I am not."
"Why are you here then? I am curious."
"Hahaha, of course because of Lan Zhan."

Wei WuXian looked up towards the big magnolia tree in front of them, "To me, my home is wherever he is."

Yu ZiYuan looked at him dazed, "Even though you hate the rules here?"
"Truth be told, many of the rules in Cloud Recesses make a lot of sense. Lans were originally monks. It's obvious they will have uptight lifestyles. I get to slack of a bit because of Lan Zhan though." he grinned, then continued, "I just don't like the useless rules. Oh, and the fact that alcohol is forbidden here. I always have to drink in secret. Shhhh, Guniang, don't tell anyone. I am telling you because you are friends with Jin Ling." He laughted softly. Yu ZiYuan joined in the laughing, "Of course."

Wei WuXian then spoke in the softest voice Yu ZiYuan had ever heard, "But even if they had punished me for not following many rules, I would have stayed. Lan Zhan is here, how can I go somewhere else? No matter where I go, my heart would always be with him. No matter how peaceful of a place I go to, my soul will seek it's mate."

Yu ZiYuan's eyes widened, "Senior Wei..."
"I just love him that much..." Wei WuXian said softly, his voice coated in such sweetness and love it would make sugar taste bland.

Yu ZiYuan was certain to have early diabetes at this point. She spoke quietly, "You do, Senior Wei...you do..."
"Of course I do...."

He suddenly looked at Yu ZiYuan, smiling brightly, "It was nice talking to Guniang."
"Call me MingYu, no need for courtesies, Senior Wei."
"Then don't mind if I do." he chortled.

With a few more pleasantries, they parted. Yu ZiYuan looked at the magnolia tree. She smiled.

'At least he is happy... About A-Cheng...I wonder how he is...he didn't look much happy... How can I fix this up?'

__________________________________

Jin Ling spoke, "Class is at tomorrow 7 a.m, Shijie. We should sleep. It's already 9 p.m."

Yu ZiYuan nodded.

They prepared for sleeping. Yu ZiYuan lay down. She looked at the ceiling. Then at the now closed window. There was a white curtain, closed. She spoke, "It's amazing how Senior Wei and HanGuang-Jun love each other so much... I mean they are polar opposites..."

Jin Ling huffed, "Tell me about it. They are always showing their love in public with no shame."

Yu ZiYuan chuckled, "I personally find it sweet."

She then suddenly asked, "How is Sect Leader Jiang?"

Jin Ling flinched.

"Why are you suddenly asking that?"
"Just curious. He is the one who first made the investigations happen."
"Jiujiu is...alright I suppose."
"Is he not too well?"

[Jiujiu means uncle in mandarin.]

Jin Ling sighed, "Actually... He is always mad and grumpy all the time...but that's just his nature. Nothing too out of the ordinary but..."
"But you think he is upset."
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Because I am here."

Yu ZiYuan understood.

Jin Ling was here. Wei WuXian was also here.

With how their relationship was, it was obvious Jiang Cheng wouldn't like the situation.

Jin Ling spoke sorrowfully, "I really wish Jiujiu and Senior Wei would talk to each other...and sort things out."

Yu ZiYuan noticed how he didn't call Wei WuXian 'Dajiu' or anything.

[Dajiu means first uncle in mandarin as much as I know.] 

She sighed, "Is he not willing?"
"No. His pride...is getting in the way. Unfortunately, our family has an issue with pride...I can't say I don't understand where he is coming from...but even so, seeing him like this is painful."

Jin Ling just wanted his uncles to be happy. They were his only family left.

Yu ZiYuan spoke, "I understand."

She did. Of course she did. She was once like her son as well.

"But apologising and reconciling doesn't lower someone's status. In fact, admitting to mistakes and misunderstandings is a very brave deed."

Yu ZiYuan stopped for a while before saying, "One cannot change the past, we don't know about the future, but the feelings of the present can be changed."

Jin Ling looked at her with a deep gaze, "Shijie..."

Yu ZiYuan continued, "I had once heard a quote.

'The past is a history, the future is a mystery. The moment right now, is a gift. That's why it's called the present.'

I am not sure how much of a gift the moment right now is, but what I can say is, I am happier right now than I was in the past. And that is because at present my feelings of many things are different from than of the past. How exactly it would affect my future is unknown to me. But I am sure that I do not regret the change that I have gone through. I hope, that whatever changes happen if they reconcile, they would not regret it either."

Yu ZiYuan smiled at Jin Ling who was looking at her in awe. She chuckled, "Alright. Enough talk. Let's sleep."

Jin Ling sighed fondly, "Shijie...you are amazing."
"Haha. Thank you."

Jin Ling lowered his eyes, "I just hope whatever you said comes true, and they reconcile."
"Mhm...." Yu ZiYuan agreed.

They both fell asleep with hopes and dreams of the future, of a future free from pain and sufferings of the past that haunt their present.

__________________________________

Note: Iris symbolises hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
365K 13.1K 57
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six โ” season se...
439K 11K 60
๐‹๐š๐๐ฒ ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐๐จ๐ง, ๐๐š๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ-๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐, ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ-๐ซ...
100K 3K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season