[Shadow Sovereign's Second Tr...

Da PyroSaiyan

A young Tarnished of no renown, (Y/n), succeeded in his journey. He was granted the opportunity to be the ne... Altro

The End
Limgrave - 1
Limgrave - 2
Limgrave - 3
Limgrave - 4
Godrick, the God of Grafting
Roundtable Hold - 1
Roundtable Hold - 2
Caelid - 1
Starscourge Radahn, the God of Gravity
Caelid - 2
Transitionary - 1
Rykard, Godly Hydra Apophis - 1
Rykard, Godly Hydra Apophis - 2
Transitionary - 2
Transitionary - 3
Transitionary - 4
Malenia, the Blade of Miquella
Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot - 2
Transitionary - 5
Home - 1
Mohg, Lord of Blood
Status of the Lands Between
Home - 2
St. Trina's Dreamworld - 1
St. Trina's Dreamworld - 2
Finale - 1
Finale - 2
Finale - 3
Finale - 4

Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot

1.6K 84 49
Da PyroSaiyan

Hello, my friends! I'm happy to say that within the last week or so, I've managed to write this entire chapter and a whole other one! If everything works out, that chapter may be uploaded in a few days!

Just consider it a thank you for those who have stuck around. This story was just meant to be a fun thing for me to test some stuff out on, but it's genuinely been a real joy to write, especially with the Elden Ring community reading it and enjoying it.

Unrelated to those things, I decided to try CambrianBeckett's Maidenless No Longer, and holy hell, it's good. I'm actually incredibly flattered that some of you mentioned that this story is somewhat comparable to that.

I'm trying not to read too much of it though, just so I don't become too influenced by his writing style. Those who have read that will be able to see some of it coming through in this chapter.

This is going on a fair bit longer than it typically would, but I just have so much to say! Blegh, whatever!

For this chapter's question: How much harem is too much harem?

After reading about twenty chapters of Maidenless No Longer, I could reasonably believe that with fantastic writing, there's no limit, but I also think that a large harem counteracts the value of interpersonal relationships that could be formed within that sort of system. 

I don't wanna make this beginning section too long, but if you'd like to talk more about it, I'd love to talk in the comments!

Last, but not least, The World We Knew by Frank Senatra really fit this chapter to me, so... listen to it while you read, if you'd like. It's not necessary or anything, I just felt like it added a new level that I appreciated.

Whew. Okay, with all that out of the way, I hope you enjoy this chapter! I think this is easily the best chapter that's been uploaded so far!

-----

Even from the perspective of an outsider, the shift in the battle became clear.

The master and the student weaved through attacks with incredulous expertise. The power Malenia held came second to the jar-headed man's ability to counter her, and with a path to follow like he did in a previous life, (Y/n) became completely untouchable.

"H-How is this possible? I thought Malenia was the strongest of the demigods...!" Millicent stared, her eyes wide as her heart pounded in her chest.

"She is. But... we've stepped beyond the realm of demigods," Melina said.

Soon enough, Malenia was on the ground, with (Y/n) and his master standing over her. (Y/n) panted lightly, surprised by how exhilarating the fight was, even with his newfound abilities. He never expected Malenia to keep up with him after an Outer God gifted him so much power.

For a moment, (Y/n) and his mentor stood over Malenia, who found herself kneeling from the accumulated damage she'd taken. In that silence, Millicent found her body moving on its own. She ran across the area, the soft splashing of the pond highlighting her location.

Millicent knelt next to Malenia and extended her Valkyrie Prosthesis to touch Malenia's Unalloyed Gold Arm. That simple gesture caused Malenia to turn her head up, and even though she couldn't see Millicent, it was clear that she'd earned her attention.

"You are Malenia, the Blade of Miquella. You've once abandoned your pride and will to meet General Radahn's measure, and you've never been the same. But I am the embodiment of your will. You must continue, Malenia! You must never allow the Scarlet Rot to win again, lest an awful being will be unleashed upon this world, and you will be lost in the process."

As Millicent spoke, there was a very tiny shift in Malenia's mind. It was impossible to see, but (Y/n) could sense the power that Millicent's words were instilling within Malenia.

"This man, (Y/n), knows where your brother is, and with his help, we can find Miquella and reunite you two. The world is changing, and otherworldly beings are roaming The Lands Between. You...." Millicent's voice tapered off, and she glanced towards (Y/n). He gave her a nod of approval. "You and your brother will have a place with us. We would be honored to stand aside you both."

Malenia's head quirked upwards. She began, "Who... are you? Are you a Cleanrot knights?"

Millicent shook her head, "No, I'm —"

Out of nowhere, faster than anyone could react to, the sword of Malenia's Master impaled Millicent, only stopping mere inches away from piercing Malenia. (Y/n)'s head shot towards the door, and standing there was a spectral form of chaos. Melina was covered in a dome of frenzied flames, only being held back by a fierce aura of blue fire rising around her.

Electricity crackled and sparked, "Come on out, Rot! You owe me after this, hahahaha!"

"You Frenzied Fu—" (Y/n) growled. At the same time, Salem rose from his shadow and immediately went to Millicent's side, her magic doing her best to aid the injured woman.

(Y/n) moved in a millisecond. His fist lashed out, Destined Death obliterating where the Spirit of Frenzy stood. However, by his side, he could hear giggling. "Mere Destined Death is nothing to an Outer God's Essence, Shadow Sovereign. Good luck handling the Rot, hahahahaha!"

Just as quickly as he appeared, the Outer God of Frenzied Flame disappeared, and (Y/n) spent no longer than a second swearing to himself about it. (Y/n) freed Melina from her frenzy cage, holding her close.

"Are you okay?" (Y/n) asked frantically.

Melina nodded tightly. Her eyes were distant. "I'm fine, but Millicent...! You must help her."

(Y/n) stared at Melina, his anxiety presented clearly. She simply nodded, giving him a gentle smile. "Go. I promise I'm not going anywhere."

Setting Melina down gently, (Y/n) returned to Millicent's side. The Flowing Curved Sword was lying on the ground, carefully taken from Millicent's body. Salem's magical capabilities were incomparable to none other in the Shadow Army, and the wound that Millicent suffered was completely healed, but the immediate shock of being so fatally harmed still had Millicent in a state of shock.

"Salem, take her and go!"

The loyal Shadow bowed her head once and sped off as Millicennt gasped out unheard words. (Y/n) met her eyes as she was pulled away and he nodded at her silently before turning his attention to the main threat at hand.

From (Y/n) attacking the Outer God of Frenzied Flame, to speaking to Melina, to ordering Salem, only about twenty seconds passed. And in that time, something that could only be described as a crack started to form around Malenia.

The crack started to form the shape of a giant scorpion. In realization, (Y/n)'s mentor could only watch on in muted horror.

Malenia rose from her spot, the crack spreading through her body. As soon as that crack hit the ground, a beautiful scarlet flower burst from the ground, forcing (Y/n) and his master to retreat an extremely far distance.

They glanced at one another before the flower was cracked all over, with each of those cracks blooming more flowers. The flower unfurled, revealing Malenia within.

And she was quite a sight to see.

Sixteen pairs of wings made of butterflies shielded her body. From her back, neck, legs, all over her body, the wings were impossible to ignore. These wings all had patterns akin to eyes, and they stunningly flickered all over, like beautiful patterns of a horrific eldritch being.

Malenia began rising into the air as her many wings unfurled, revealing her shut eyes, and unrotted body. Her legs were reformed, and her body looked as if it was in perfect condition. However, despite those major changes, her right arm was still made of Unalloyed Gold.

Malenia's eyes slowly opened, revealing black sclera and crimson iris piercing through (Y/n).

"Prepare to experience true horror."

The divine woman moved like a crack of lightning, and her weapon parried a blow from (Y/n)'s mentor before her left hand simply grabbed the man's weapon, and it disintegrated.

She cut through the jar-headed man in a fraction of a second. A massive wave of power followed the blow, and the next several yards cracked like glass before dissolving. The body of (Y/n)'s mentor fluttered away, returning to his original world.

(Y/n) couldn't even react to his mentor's disappearance because Malenia was standing right next to him. She stared deep into his eyes, and a chill shot through him.

"Rot."

Her words were somehow more like an order than a threat.

(Y/n)'s consciousness sunk as he stared into her eyes, and his body slumped. He hit the ground hard, suddenly unconscious.

Melina gasped.

Malenia slowly gazed at her sister. There was absolutely no recognition in her eyes. From behind her, a gigantic, cracked form began materializing.

With the torso, arms, and head of a cracked void and the lower half of a scorpion, with a segmented exoskeleton, multiple legs, and a stinger, the base of the creature was somewhat easy to define. But after that point, it became incomprehensible.

Tentacles and additional appendages were created and broken off the beast like glass shards, with scarlet flowers being the only major color on the otherwise transparent creature. With no eyes to speak of, the creature became nightmarish.

Melina could feel the creature and Malenia staring at her, with an immense pressure pushing down on her. Melina gasped out as she fell to the ground, she couldn't breathe no matter how hard she fought for air. Her body writhed until—

A hand of pure white fire shielded Melina. Warmth flowed over Melina, soothing her. It wasn't very hard to tell what was behind her protection, but she hadn't expected it to step in so readily.

A deep voice rumbled, "Rot. Caution will spare you."

A shrill voice shrieked, "D-Don't patronize me, Flame! I-If you stop your Vassal, you can rule alongside me! Things can rot and burn all the same!"

"I do not wish to destroy, Rot. I only wish to ignite the flames of passion within all life. What the impassioned do is not my business. However, I will not allow you to stop my Vassal before she gets to choose what to do with her flames."

"D-D-Damn...! Fine! I'll just force you to change your mind!!"

The decay around Malenia suddenly bloomed and began pushing back against Melina, even with the flame hand protecting her. Another hand of fire materialized, and the air around Melina began sizzling and cracking like dynamite.

The chamber around them began to flutter away into dust because of the sheer force of the two auras clashing. Everything, including the form of Miquella emerging from the Haligtree, was warped to ash, and the light of the Erdtree showered the two in rays of gold.

The only thing that was spared was (Y/n)'s limp body. It was sturdy enough to remain safe even under such strenuous conditions.

The butterflies that flew from Malenia's many wings covered the sky, and landed all over the ground, covering it in beautiful patterns. Several of the butterflies flew between Malenia and Melina, obscuring the latter's view of the former.

A voice rang out. "I need... my will...."

Melina's eyes widened.

And then the Blade of Miquella descended like an Angel of Death.

With steely eyes, she stood before Melina, her left hand extended.

Melina knew that hand meant death. She fled. She moved as if in slow motion.

Malenia was faster. Her hand closed in.

Melina closed her eyes, wondering if she'd remember what death was like this time.

A second passed, and no death came.

"Stop."

Melina opened her eyes to see a hand covered in darkness gripping Malenia's wrist. It wasn't hard to guess who the hand belonged to.

(Y/n) huffed and threw Malenia straight over Melina. He vanished, reappearing behind her, and kicking her into the pool of rot. The sludge exploded, globs of rot shooting all over and falling from the sky like rain.

He gently landed on a remaining branch of the Haligtree, taking a breath.

"Round two, you rotten sack of shit."

-----

"Rot."

(Y/n) was sucked into Malenia's eyes. He was gone before he could even feel his unconscious body hit the ground.

Everything went dark before (Y/n) awoke in a bed, soft rays of sunshine hitting his face. He was being held gently in the arms of a familiar demigod. She gently smiled at him. "Good morning. How did you sleep?"

(Y/n) stared wide-eyed at the sight. "M-Malenia...?"

Malenia's eyebrows furrowed, and her completely normal eyes filled with concern. "Is something wrong?"

(Y/n) stared. His heart grew strained in his chest at the sight. She was utterly beautiful, even more than he could've ever imagined.

Malenia sat up in bed, revealing her lack of clothes. Despite that, she reacted in no specific way to the indecency. She gently reached out and caressed (Y/n)'s cheek. The action was filled with nothing but utter love. "If it's Melina, Millicent, Roderika, or Sellen you expected to see, they should be around here. The latter two went to go speak with the... what's wrong?"

"I... I felt like I had something important I was doing, like I've forgotten something."

Malenia let out a sigh of relief. "You often feel like that, my dearest companion. Our war is over, there is no more fighting the Outer Gods. You can finally rest."

(Y/n) gently rose from the bed, a bit dazed. He peered out of the room's large window to see a beautiful city, bustling with life and Shadow Soldiers alike. On the edge of the city, he could see the gargantuan shadow that Rykard became guarding the area, the many heads staying diligent despite the peace.

Above the city, he could see several dragons flying about, all of them Shadows that he could reach out to telepathically.

Malenia linked hands with the confused man, gently guiding him back to the bed. "There's no reason for them to leave right now, right? Come lay down. They can handle themselves without their king for a little while longer."

(Y/n)'s lips quivered. "This... this isn't real."

Malenia turned her head. "What do you mean?"

"Where's Miquella? You'd never rest without Miquella's protection guaranteed. Yet here you are, with me."

"Don't you want me here?"

"Of course, I want you here! You're cured of the Scarlet Rot, and you, incredibly enough, look happy. But then where's the Shadow of the Erdtree, and... what was I doing before I woke up? I can tell there's something important that I'm missing, but what is it?" (Y/n) racked his brain but came to no answers.

Malenia rose from her spot, and in the blink of an eye, she hugged (Y/n) tightly. She whispered, "But it can be as real as you want it to be. All you must do is accept me."

The next blink, everything was gone, reduced to a plain of scarlet flowers. Standing alone was a woman whose beauty couldn't be described, and her aura could only be compared to Queen Marika's. Truly, she was divine.

The woman outstretched a beautiful hand. "Come, be mine. Death and Rot may stand together, unto eternity." 

It was the Outer God of Rot, with a smile like a queen and the voice of a god.

"I can promise, on my spiritual essence, together, we can do whatever we want.

"If you wish to kill, we will kill. If you wish to let things rot, they will rot. If you even wish to let things thrive, they will thrive. We will not destroy everything. Rot eventually gives way to life, just as Death is only a new journey.

"That stands true, out there, or within here. This world can be yours."

The Outer God whispered in his ear. "You can live out any desire you want. Anything."

(Y/n) shivered.

An appealing thought appeared.

'What if I take her deal?'

The world could live without him. The pieces he set into play would be able to accomplish impressive things, even without him there. A life of peace sounded like exactly what he needed after fighting so diligently for so long.

He deserved to rest.

But when he closed his eyes, he saw Melina and Malenia. He heard Roderika and Milliicent. He felt... he felt Sellen's weak hands under his own.

He smiled warmly.

"Good, good! I'm glad you're wiser than the Darkness was. Now, all we must do is—"

Like a crack of thunder, (Y/n)'s power blew the Outer God into the air, shattering the illusion. His armor appeared around him like a warm blanket, and Legacy snuggled back into his hand.

"I'll be damned to hell if I suddenly give up. I have people I must protect, and fights I have no business walking away from. So, prepare yourself, because I'm about to rip you a new one!"

With a swipe of Legacy, the world was lacerated, sliced in twain. The Outer God howled in enraged pain as her plan was foiled and her presence was banished from (Y/n)'s mind. With nothing holding him there anymore, (Y/n) focused and opened his eyes.

And when they opened, he was laid out, prone. Realigning himself, he rose. Where was Melina? And where was that massive aura from?

With a pulsating heart, his head whipped around. His eyes widened and his mouth went dry as Malenia's hand closed in on Melina's head.

A pulse rung through him.

[Due to absorbing two Great Runes, the Shadow Sovereign's form needed time to allow them to settle in. The Great Runes can now be activated.]

"Stop."

Simultaneously, the flow of time came to a complete halt like the world was simply paused. In truth, the world was still flowing, just at a sluggish pace in comparison.

With a clear mind, pure darkness flowed through (Y/n) like adrenaline. That darkness sent his Umbral Robes tumbling along, morphing into two pairs of pitch-black, feathery wings on his back.

Ding! Ding!

[You have activated the Great Rune of the Unborn. For one skill activation, there will be no costs.]

[You have activated the Great Rune of Union. All Unity-Based skills gain a substantial buff.]

The two Great Runes (Y/n) received from Rennala and Rykard activated at once. But that wasn't it.

Ding! Ding!

[You have activated 50% of the Death Rune's Power.]

[Unique Synergy, Elden Lord (3) has been activated.]

No, the Death Rune that was self-inflicted, carved onto her corpse, was snatched up by (Y/n) on the way to Miquella's Haligtree, under Ranni's personal recommendation. Furthermore, with four Great Runes acquired, (Y/n) was further empowered by the Elden Lord Synergy.

'I'm almost there... I can feel it. There's a wall I'm about to overcome...!'

More importantly than that wall, (Y/n) honed his senses towards Malenia and Melina. It felt like just a few hours prior, he couldn't have imagined it, but he could clearly sense the Sealed God over Malenia, and the Fell God over Melina.

Inch by inch, Malenia's hand drew closer to Melina.

'Is that... dread?'

Indeed. Within Malenia's being, something (Y/n) couldn't have sensed before, there was an undeniable sense of fear radiating from within. In relation to Melina, it wasn't hard to see why she'd be fearful.

She was about to hurt her dear sister.

A creaky, annoying voice echoed within (Y/n)'s head. The speed of the voice was normal despite the slowed down state of everything nearby. "I'm sorry, my beloved Malenia! But this must be done for your safety!"

Malenia's fingers creaked back and forth, like she was fighting her own body, and perhaps, that was exactly what was happening. She was fighting the influence of an Outer God, even as it gave her incomparable power.

'I see. Then it's about time we save you too, Malenia.'

The ground underneath his feet felt like a distant cloud, as if he was weightless even whilst standing. A simple movement like dashing was as simple as breathing. It was as if the countless lifetimes he'd lived under the Greater Will's power coalesced into one instant, and suddenly, his hand was gripped tightly onto Malenia's wrist, time returning to its natural flow.

The Shadow Sovereign met Melina's eyes as she audibly gasped, giving her a gentle smile before huffing and twisting his entire body, launching Malenia straight over Melina before a powerful gust of wind followed.

In a sense, he glid upwards rather than leapt, with how easily he moved, and he kicked Malenia's back with power that certainly didn't match his gracefulness.

"Gah...!" Malenia gasped.

She flew into a miniature pool of Rot, causing it to explode like someone cannonballed into a swimming pool. He found a sturdy-looking branch that was still left from the destruction of the Haligtree and landed on it gently. It didn't even creak under his weight. Below him was an abyss, but he didn't bother giving it any attention.

His Umbral... Wings, fluttered about.

"Round two, you rotten sack of shit."

The pool of Rot bubbled and frothed as intense waves of power pulsated from Malenia's body. The waves started and stopped like a scratched DvD, but (Y/n) stood firmly. Malenia blankly looked up to the Shadow Sovereign before she began to rise from the rot.

From Melina's perspective, the sight of (Y/n) standing patiently on a branch while he glanced down upon Malenia, who rose from the pool of Scarlet Rot reminded her of a painting.

"A Sinner Repents To Her God...."

The Sovereign of Rot, versus the Sovereign of Shadows, begins.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

129K 3.9K 15
Girlfriend Scenarios included!!! Steven Universe x Male Reader Reader x Harem Coal Reader + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— Coals, A lowly...
52K 778 29
This will be a male reader insert. Our story will begin with a young man who sacrificed his own life for a random stranger, but didn't survive. But w...
4.4K 102 15
Realized that writing a story was fun so I'm doing it here. THIS FOLLOWS MOST OF YOUR POV UNLESS INDICATED Blaidd's age is 25 (Picture a younger ver...
1.8K 33 18
(y/n) was an (age) years old, who had a decent life and an loving family, however a tragic incident took their family from them. After years of fight...