Just A Friend?

By ReadWriteLoveIt

Will I Always Be: Just A Friend? {Book 1} *** {Teen Fiction #1} Ashton Thompson is everything you'd... More

Copyright
Will I Always Be: Just A Friend?
British Vocabulary/ Terms & Slang Phrases
[1]: Bumps, Bruises, Best Friends & Bitches.
[2]: Fake Snow, New Girlfriends & NYE Kisses
[3]: Surprise Visits & Ticklish Moments.
[4]: Chick Flicks...Fantasy vs Reality
[5]: A Smack In The Face From Reality
[6]: Ben & Jerry Kisses
[7]: Family Interruptions & Friendly Spooning
[8]: Morning Glory & Hospital Visits
[9]: Plaster Casts, Play Dough & Prosecco
[10]: Broken Hearts & HOT New Students
[11]: Dinner Disturbances
[12]: Unexpected Messages & Butterfly Kisses
[13]: Pool Parties & Drunken Antics
[14]: Horrid Hangovers & Mysterious Marks
[15]: Flashback
[16]: Just Best Friends
[17]: Argument after Argument
[18]: WTF!!
[19]: Oh My God!
[21]: Setting Rumours Straight & Shocking Announcements
[22]: First Dates & Forbidden Kisses
[23]: Apologies & Confessions
[24]: Designs & Realisations
[25]: Secret Admirers & The End of a Tradition...well for one week!
[26]: A Tempted Moment
[27]: Tina Tantrums
[28]: Falling Out, Making Out & Damn Interruptions.
[29]: Smack
[30]: BFF Timeout!
[31]: Unhappy Birthday
[32]: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
[33]: Tuesday, is just Mondays Ugly Sister
[34]: Lyd vs Ash - Again!
[35]: Well That Was Unexpected!
[36]: Just Like Magnets
[37]: F*** You Reality
[38]: Never Assume, it just makes an ASS out of U and Me!
[38]: Extra
[39]: The Third Wheel
[40]: Just Follow Your Heart
[41]: Emotional Issues
[42]: Mixed Signals
[43]: BF Make Up/ BF Break Up
[44]: TFIF (Thank Fuck It's Friday)
[45]: No Man's Land, A Bottle Of Vodka & A Bag Of Frozen Peas.
[46]: Drunken Tales & A Cold Wake Up Call.
[47]: These Are My Confessions
[47]: His Confessions (ASH BONUS)
[48]: Waterworks, Revelations & Flower Meanings
[49]: Bitches & Ex-Boyfriends
[50]: Drinking Games & R-Rated Kisses
[51]: New Boyfriends & Family Heartbreak
[52]:Revenge Is Sweet
[53]: XOXO
[54]: Fundraiser Planning
[55]: Come Find Me
[56]: Finally Found What I've Been Looking For
[57]: Popped Cherry Anyone?
[58]: I'll Be Watching You
[59]: Tattoo Reveal
[60]: But Who?
[61]: Faux Friends & Interrupted Kisses
[62]: Birthday Shock!
[63]: 3 Words...8 Letters
[64]: One Line Or Two?
[64]: One Shot or Two? (ASH BONUS)
[65]: Young, Wild & Drunk
[66]: Birthday Shots & Horrid Hangovers
[67]: Surprise Surgery & Baby Plans
[68]: Pink Or Blue
[69]: Let The Countdown Begin
[69]: extra
[70]: Final Preparations & Moaning Puppets
[71]: The Fashion Show - Swimwear
[72]: The Fashion Show - Formal
[73]: The Fashion Show - The Boys
[74]: The Fashion Show - Casual Wear
[75]: The Fashion Show - Date Night
[76]: Fashion Show - Surprise!
[77]: Backstage Revelations
[78]: And The Internship Goes To...
[79]: Let The Celebrations Begin
[80]: After Party & Future Planning
[81]: The Calm Before The Storm
[82]: XOXO Revealed!
[83]: You Have The Right To Remain Silent
[84]: Breaking Free
[85]: Cocktails & Confessions
[86]: Friends Are The Family We Choose!
[87]: Sealed With A Kiss
[88]: Quality Time With Family & Friends!
[89 - Part 1]: Last 24 Hours...
[89 - Part 2]: Hugs & Kisses
[90 - Part 1]: His Forever Girl
[90 - Part 2]: It's Not Goodbye, It's Cya Later!
[The Epilogue]
[Full Cast List]

[20]: Mates & Dates

615K 17.2K 15.5K
By ReadWriteLoveIt

**Thank you @gemma_222 for my lovely banner**

When I woke up the next morning, I was grateful that I wasn't hungover; just tired. Ash and I had stayed up late last night just talking and laughing, it was actually really nice. He even pulled out an old photo album I'd given him a couple of years back as a gift that was full to the brim of memories of the two of us. We spent hours going through it and laughing our heads off. However remembering everything we've been through just reconfirmed my love for him.

As usual, I was pressed up against Ash's wall with him wrapped around me, our legs were tangled together and I could feel his warm breath on my neck. It wasn't all of that though that was causing my heart to pulse like crazy; it was where his hand was placed. His left was wrapped around my shoulder, that was okay, but his right, well that was resting between my thighs and pressing very, very close to my lady parts. For first thing in the morning, or whatever time it was, my body was very awake. Moving backwards slightly I try and get him to move his hand away, that was a mistake.  As I moved backwards my butt brushed against Ash's morning soldier, causing him to groan down my neck and his grip to tighten on me. Instead I reach down to try and move his hand myself only for him to move his hand and brush it intimately against me. Biting back a moan of my own, I gritted my teeth together. Quickly as I could I gripped his hand and pulled it off me, placing it on his thigh so that I could turn around. As soon as I'd turned and I was facing his beautiful face, his arms curled around me, pulling me even closer to him, with his right hand now resting on my backside.

I'd quite happily lie here all day with him; I had no plans to be anywhere but here. Especially after what had happened last night I wanted to be closer to Ash. I'm so glad I never went further with Chase, but if I hadn't caught him with Rachel last night, it would have just carried on. Him coming down every weekend and meeting up with me, slowly getting closer and closer, breaking down more of the walls I'd put up around boys and slowly getting more intimate with me. I'd never be able to look at myself in the mirror again if I'd slept with Chase and then find out it was all a game.

Tears began to spring to my eyes as I began re-calling everything we'd done together. Not just physically but everything else. We'd had fun together, even when we were hanging out before parties and nights out. He was the first guy in a while that I liked enough to hang out with and to maybe help me get over my best friend. Now looking back it was all lies.

"Don't cry Lou." I hear Ash whisper, closing his arms around me and pressing soft kisses to my forehead.

"I'm such an idiot Ash."

"No you're not."

"I am; I should have realised someone like Chase would never look twice at someone like me normally. I should have realised that there must have been a hidden agenda."

"You're being silly, anyone is lucky to be with you, especially him."

"Yea right Ash. And you were right; all he wanted me for was a local fuck when he was in town. Just a pretty face for him to screw whilst he was here."

"Stop thinking down about yourself Lou. You're worth so much more than that, and it's Chase huge mistake not realising what he's lost by metaphorically, screwing you over."

"Thanks Ash."

"No problem, now dry your beautiful eyes. We're going out soon."

"We are?" I ask looking up at him. I was still lay pretty close to his chest, and I could still feel Ash's hand resting on my rear end. Not that I cared.

"We are. And no, I'm not telling you where." He grinned, tapping my nose gently before climbing out of bed.

As Ash was in his bathroom getting ready, I went and used the one down the hall instead. Washing my face and dragging a brush through my hair before heading back into Ash's room to find something to wear out of the clothes I leave here. I managed to find a comfy pair of jeans along with a cute top in one of my draws along with some clean underwear.

Once I was dressed, I applied the minimal amount of make-up and went downstairs where Ash was making coffee. I needed this more than anything else right now or I'd be so grumpy.

"You making breakfast?" I ask sipping my steaming hot drink of the gods.

"Well..." he says dragging out the word whilst looking at his watch. "It's just after ten, if you're almost ready I think we could make Maccy's breakfast instead. "What you think?" He asks grinning at me.

Our closest Mcdonalds was a fifteen minute drive so we'd have to leave within the next five minutes in order to get there before they stopped serving breakfast at ten thirty.

"I just need to brush my teeth." I grin jumping out my seat and running upstairs. Once that was done, I grab a jacket and my phone from Ash's room and run downstairs to slip on my converse.

"Ready." I grin picking up my coffee to go mug that Ash had re-filled with my drink.

"Okay, let's go."

We made breakfast.

Barely, as we got stuck behind a tractor on the way there, but that's living in Wales for you; tractors and farm animals blocking the roads all the time. After we were done we jumped back into Ash's car and he took off.

"Any clues to where we're going?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I'm not telling you, but it's gona be a fun day just the two of us."

"Okay fine." I sigh, crossing my legs on the seat whilst changing the radio station over. I knew I wouldn't get any information out of him.

"Don't be a grouch, it's gona be fun."

"I'm not, and I know it will be. We've not done anything like this is a while; hanging out just the two of us."

"Apart from every Friday night." He says grinning at me,

"Well that doesn't count. That's just tradition." I grin back.

"I think we need this, just a day to forget everything back home and just enjoy ourselves. Plus we won't be getting much time to soon with you getting everything ready for your fashion show."

"Yea I know, it's gona be so full on soon. Although I'm so excited for the show and show off my designs to everyone."

"You're going to do great Lou, I believe in you."

"Thanks Ash."

My heart was fluttering like crazy in my chest; it was just little things like that that made me love him. Just a couple of words that would make my day and touch deep into my soul.

Not long later we pulled up outside a cinema and amusement complex.

I raise my eyebrow at Ash as he turns off the engine grinning madly at me.

"Fancy a game of laser tag?"

"Definitely."

*~*~*~*

For the next hour we ran around the course trying to shoot each other. We asked to be put of separate teams instead of playing together. There was a group of kids there whose game the place joined us on. They were like little ninjas, popping up from everywhere and always attacking me. In the end my team lost to Ash's, two games to one. The kids on my team weren't happy and demanded they had a rematch. Me and Ash left whilst they were trying to persuade their parents for another game.

I was knackered by the time we came out of there, all that running around and hiding had worn me out.

"You ready for what's next." Ash asked as we grabbed our stuff from one of the lockers.

"Sure." I reply grabbing my phone.

I had two missed calls from Chase and two new messages. Ignoring his calls I opened the texts. One was from Chase, the other from Elliot.

I wasn't going to lie to myself, seeing Elliot's name in my messages did make my heart flutter just a tad and a smile to appear on my face.

"No phones Lou." Ash says grabbing it off me. "I told you earlier, today is just about us."

"But Elliot's text me." I smile attempting to get my phone back to see what he had to say.

"And so has Chase by the looks of things," he says angrily.

"I wasn't arsed about that." I reply.

"Good."

He slips my phone into his pocket then pulls me into a hug. "I'm still so sorry for what happened last night Lou. It's all my fault that it happened."

I shake my head repeatedly on his chest as I squeeze him tighter. "No it's not."

"It was, if I had never dumped Rachel the way I did, she wouldn't have come after you. I'm so sorry."

"But if I'd listened to you yesterday about Chase and not gone to the party, I wouldn't have done what I did and wouldn't be left feeling like an idiot."

"I don't even want to know what you did with him, it angers me so much."

Why the hell would it anger him if I fooled around with some guy?

"He was nowhere near good enough for you Lou. I'm just glad you never slept with him...you didn't right?" He asks pulling away from me slightly so he could look into my eyes.

I shake my head fiercely, "No way. We just you know, fooled around a little. Nothing too bad."

"Good. Thank god for that. I'd have to go kill him if you had."

"So protective." I mumble into his chest as he hugs me again. I love that he's protective of me but sometimes it's infuriating as I want him to see me as more than his best friend he has to protect.

"I'll always be protective of you Lou. You're my number one remember."

"I know."

I always got so happy when he called me his number one. Even if he had a girlfriend I always meant more.

He lets me go before grabbing my hand and pulling me after him as he heads for the door. "Where we going now?"

"Bowling." He grins back at me.

"Ash I have a broken wrist."

"Only one broken wrist; it only takes one arm to bowl Lou." He chuckles.

*~*~*~*

Somehow, I don't know how, but somehow I won. Ash kept saying I'd cheated, I did ask to have the barriers up but I was one handed. And he had them up as well, bloody sore loser.

We ended the afternoon by playing some arcade games, Ash winning me a stuffed minion teddy before winding up at Frankie and Benny's for dinner. It was almost seven by the time we got home. Ash pulled up outside mine and passed me my phone as I gave his back to him. We had both stuck to the rule of no phones today, which I did secretly enjoy as I felt his going off a lot in my pocket. I checked when I went to the toilet who was bugging him...one guess who it was.

Tina.

She had text him eight times and rang him five. Obsessive bitch. I didn't read his messages but I could see the beginning of them as they highlighted on his phone. She wasn't happy that he wasn't picking up his phone and that he wasn't spending the day with her. Another had my name on it along with her cursing me. The last one that made me put his phone onto 'do not disturb' was a photo she sent. That girl was nasty.

"Thank you so much for today Ash; it was just what I needed." I say leaning over to hug him.

"It was my pleasure, I had fun."

"Me too, you coming in?" I ask unbuckling my seatbelt.

"I better not, I best go see Tina; she's been blowing up my phone since last night when I made her leave. I've got to sort things out with her by the looks of things."

I roll my eyes at him and shake my head. "God knows why you want to do that."

"Lou come on..."

"She's a horrible person Ash."

"She's not that bad, you don't see her like I do."

"Thank god. I think I saw enough of her thanks to the photo she sent you earlier...classy."

"She's just confident about her body that's all."

"There's being confident and then there's being a slut. She's a slut."

"Lou." Ash says getting angry.

"Oh, whatever. I don't want to ruin our day by arguing with you, we're going to disagree on her as long as you're with her. I can't stand her...and she hates me."

"It's so hard that you don't get along."

"Yea well, you need to choose nicer girlfriends."

"She's nice."

"I'm leaving before I say something I regret and we argue." I reply, before pulling him into another hug and kiss his cheek. "Thank you so much for today."

"You're welcome. See you in the morning?" He asks as I open the door.

"Always, text me later." I smile and he nods as I close the door.

God I hated Tina.

As much as I want Ash to be with me, I don't think I'd mind it as much, him being with someone else as long as they were nice. But none of his girlfriends have actually been nice girls. They've all been horrible, sly, mean bitches. Which just makes me believe more and more that he belongs with me.

As I walk in the front door, I catch my parents saying bye to my sister.

"Where you guys going?" I ask heading into the living room.

"Out to dinner with Scarlett and Andy." Mum smiles applying some more of her pink lipstick in the hallway mirror.

"Oh nice, anywhere nice?"

"That new Greek place in town." Dad replies putting his shoes on. "Where have you been today? We've not seen you since Friday morning before you left for college."

"Well Friday I was at Ash's so you know that, Saturday I was here but you were out, then I went to a party with Chase, who's a complete dick by the way, but I'll fill you all in that later, and then was at Ash's last night and we hung out today. He won me this." I grin holding up my minion for dad to see.

"Okay, well as long as you're okay Lyd. Do I have to grab your brothers and beat some boy up?" Dad asks coming over to me and sitting down.

"No. As much as I'd love that. I think Ash might kick his ass if he ever comes near me again."

"Atta boy." He grins. I smile at up him and shake my head as he laughs. He loves how protective Ash is over me.

"You ready Simon." My mum shouts poking her head into the room and my dad gets up.

"I've been ready for the past half an hour, and she asks me now if I'm ready." He chuckles, making me and Christina laugh.

"Have fun guys." I shout after them.

"Don't do anything we wouldn't." Chris shouts after.

We could hear them laughing as the shut the front door. I did love my family.

"So I want to know what the hell went wrong with Chase, he seemed like such a nice guy." Chris asks moving over to my sofa. So for the next twenty minutes I filled her in on everything that had happened last night, by the end she was fuming.

"I swear if I ever see that Rachel girl I'm pulling out her fake hair and clawing her eyes out; and pulling off Chase's bollocks with pliers, what a dickhead."

I nod quietly as tears pool in my eyes and spill down my cheeks. I was still so angry with myself for letting it happen and feeling so used.

Even though she was my little sister, she pulled me into a hug and comforted me as I cried on her shoulder. To cheer me up she put Pitch Perfect in the DVD player, ordered a large peperoni pizza, and raided the fridge for chocolate and the cupboards for popcorn. Even though I'd already eaten earlier, I still did some damage to the pizza she ordered when it arrived. Once we were done we cleaned up, and grabbed the rest of our munch before retiring up to her room to watch Magic Mike before we fell asleep.

Halfway through the movie my phone vibrated under my pillow. Pulling it out I saw had a message off Ash.

[Love you best friend.xx]

It said captioned under a photo collage of us from today. That was the one thing we used our phones for, pictures.

[This is brilliant, thanks Ash. Love you more.xx]

That's when I saw my message off Chase and Elliot from earlier. Skipping over Chase's message and I open Elliot's.

[Hey Lyd, you okay? Was wondering what you were doing on Wednesday evening? :) x]

I looked at the message strangely; we were all off to the cinema on Wednesday as usual.

[Hey Ell, Yea I'm good, just watching Magic Mike with my sis, you okay? Well I thought we were all meeting up to go to the cinema? X]

Mmy phone vibrated with a reply seconds later.

[I'm good, just playing Marcus on the xbox. Well maybe I was hoping that you'd come out for food with me before the cinema? X]

[Sure, we can figure out times with everyone at lunch tomorrow. :) x]

[I actually meant just the two of us going for food...x]

Oh my life...he was asking me on a date? Wasn't he? This was a boy actually asking me out.

I froze for a second thinking of how everything ended with the last boy I liked, but I shook that off, I knew Elliot a lot better than Chase. Elliot wouldn't do anything like that to me and Elliot was my friend and I knew him. I liked him. Over these past couple of weeks we'd text quite a lot and become quite good friends. Then my mind for a second flickered to Ash, wondering what he'd think, if I should do this when I still wanted him so badly but I snapped out of it. He was with Tina and I had to get over him somehow and this was going to be my first proper step in doing so.

[Oh, sorry my bad. So you mean like on a date? X]

I had to ask him, I wasn't getting my wires crossed. I needed to know now whether this was a friendly date...or a date date.

[Yes I'd like to ask you out on a date. Sorry I've asked you out via text, I was just really nervous and I'd rather you turn me down on here than to my face. *blush emoji* x]

It's a date date...ahhhh.

[Well this is me accepting your invitation of a date. I'll see you tomorrow? X]

[Yea I'll see you at lunch, we can sort out a time there. Night babe xx]

Holy crap he called me babe and he put two kisses at the end of the text. I had the biggest grin on my face; I was finally going on my first date.

I was acting like such a loser right now; thank god no one else could see me apart from Chris who was grinning like a loony at me as she read my messages over my shoulder.

My very first date.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   I had to ring the girls.   

*~*~*~*

New part up....

#TeamAsh

#TeamElliot

or if some people are still #TeamChase (dont know why you would be) lol

As always [Comment/Vote/Fan Me]

Thanks for reading...x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 13.7K 69
"Never, under any circumstances, tell anyone the truth." That was the number one rule. After changing their identities and starting new lives, Lydia...
1.7K 97 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
82.5K 3K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
153K 4.5K 37
She's the one who timidly hides alone in the back of the library, her nose buried in countless books. He's the one who's surrounded by heaps of fello...