the olive theory || pavitr pr...

By whyamidoingthis_74

*** sensitive themes, LGBTQ ello, caleb here! astrid told me to join in on here so I guess here i am. The ol... More

the incident
the not so masked hero
the match
the news
the new suit
the calm

the hideout

89 4 2
By whyamidoingthis_74

I see the webbed man disappear into the distance after he drops me off at home through the window. He seems to have so much control when swinging away, despite his absolutely horrendous aim from earlier today.

I make sure he's gone, i couldn't see him anymore, so I climbed down my window, and made my way towards the tiny forest nearby.

It was a hard moment for me, losing Mehek? Nothing could get worse. The thread just doesn't exist anymore, I'm somehow levitating, or maybe I'm just falling to no end. Things get fuzzy at these times, or so I would think. It's not every day that you lose the person most important to you. This inner monologue is all that's keeping me alive. It's all that's keeping me sane.

I reach the forest entrance, it's barricaded, but that makes it better. I jump over the crowd control pole and enter the grassy-not-really-filled-with-trees area of the forest. I stray from the path, because the one that's there is to stop anyone that tries to enter, by having guards take watch of the path. I had pulled up my hood, it was the middle of June but it's the only way to hide from any guards.

I look around one last time before removing the leaves covering the hidden beauty of the forest. Nobody else knew about this, it was like a secret hideout of sorts.

The hideout had a small lake, some logs which I put as a way of seating, and under those logs, was a tiny hole, stashing my goods, alcohol and cigarettes.

I promised everyone that I'd never smoke, but something about the feeling of relief I get once that cigarette is lit, is not something I can give up yet, especially not right now.

I hear a rustling in behind me, I was opening my beer bottle, but I guess the police found me. I wore my hoodie again and covered my face, ready to make a run for it, goodbye lake, goodbye secret stash, goodbye trees, I guess I'm going to jail.

I wait for a while, still wondering if the guards were looking for me, I opened the beer bottle, might as well have the excuse of being drunk if I'm gonna get arrested. I start downing the components of the bottle, it's not good for my liver, but at this point, my liver is not worth it.

As my eyes look up with the bottle on top of me, i see a figure i recognise, hanging on the tree. I recognise the figure, but not who it was from.

"Look if you're gonna arrest me just do it already. Prison might be a better place for me to be alone, kinda. I need space so just do whatever and do it quick. Please" I put my hands up, the bottle still in my right hand. I close my eyes, waiting for someone to come around and put my hands down and put them in handcuffs.

I hear the rustling again, but this time it was as if someone just jumped down, the thud made sure of that.

"Relax, I'm not going to arrest you. But why are you here? Didn't i just leave you at home?" A voice said, one which i recognised, truly. I knew who it was this time. For sure.

"Pav? Wait you didn't leave me back home-?" I open one eye, hands still in the air. It wasn't Pav, it was the good ol' superhero Spidey.

"Ho- I'm not sure if I know anyone named Pav, but I do know a Spiderman and a guy that's supposed to be at home and not downing beers like it's Diwali and a cricket match is going on." I can feel his disappointment, i can see it, even with his mask.

"Im sorry... Things have been hard since he- well things have changed a lot in the past year, so i just come here sometimes I get high to forget everything, anything to make me feel less numb, like the song says." I try to explain everything but I don't think I can do that without breaking down. Things have been very different since i realised I like boys, and I've just been hiding everything, especially ever since i came out to my parents. But I couldn't tell all this to a guy i met a week ago.

"I don't think the best idea to solve all your problems is chugging alcohol. Need an ear? Not literally, I don't think I can do that..." He chuckled a bit, it was cute.

"I wish I could. I met you a week ago, i don't think it's the best idea to pour my heart out to you. Or maybe talking to a stranger could help. No I don't think it's a good idea. I can't tell you anything yet. For all you need to know I'm here because, Mehek passed. That's all I'm here for." I raise my bottle, which hadn't left my hand. I sit on one of the logs, continuing to drink more. For something so illegal it feels so right. I show my bottle to him, asking if he wants a drink as well, he sat beside me and took one from the carton sighing.

"I'm so gonna regret this. I haven't had beer in almost 2 years. I was pretty young, and dumb, I gues some things never change" he smashed open the bottle, removing the cap. He took off his mask to just under his nose, and started taking sips of the beer.

"So how old are you?" I try to break the ice. I just wanna know if the guy beside me in 30 something, looking to prey on kids.

"17." He didn't say anything else, just the number. He looked like he was staring out into the void, thinking really hard about something.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

(⁠☞⁠ ⁠ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ⁠)⁠☞ Pav's POV ☜⁠ ⁠(⁠↼⁠_⁠↼⁠)

I dropped Y/N back at his house, after leaving through the window i webbed away, so nobody sees me enter my own window. I go around the block and enter my room through the roof. I was about to change back into my Pav clothes, but I saw Y/N leaving his house. It was a bit weird considering he just wanted me to drop him over at his house.

I got out of my window and started following him. Halfway through the path i knew exactly where he was going.

The forest. The hideout we made when he had a fight with his parents. I'm not sure what it was about, but he was absolutely trembling. We went to the hideout before, for camping trips, but ever since they barricaded the entrance because of the fire, the trips stopped.

We decided to find safety and comfort at a place we were very familiar with, and realising that nobody had found that area yet, we made it out hideout. It was a one time thing, but it became so much more than that. We found broken trees and used their logs for seating, we made an area for a campfire, a table. We did a lot of stuff there. But ever since I started dating Gayatri, I feel like me and Y/N have started detaching. We don't talk like we once did. We stopped coming to our hideout, looks like atleast i did.

I followed him to the spot, but I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise how much noise I was making. I decided it would be best to hide on top of a tree. He wouldn't look up here.

I see him pick up one of the logs, and clear out some dirt, revealing 2 cartons of beer and some cigarettes as well. I guess i should've been there for him. Especially with the news about Mehek, he needed me, as Pav, now more than ever.

He popped open one of the bottles, and started gulping it down, with his hood up, guess he thought I was one of the guards. His head faced upwards and I guess he realised I was here.

Or not.

I jump down from the tree, to stand in front of him, and he starts confessing about his crime and how he wishes I would just arrest him. I don't think this was the alcohol speaking.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

(⁠☞⁠ ⁠ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ⁠)⁠☞ Y/N's POV ☜⁠ ⁠(⁠↼⁠_⁠↼⁠)

Looks like he doesn't want to talk. I get up from the log and go towards the lake, pulling my pants up and taking my shoes and socks off.

I want to take a dip but I don't think it's really appropriate, especially with a guy in a mask drinking beer being here. So i just sit down on the ledge, and put my feet in the water. I close my eyes and imagine the impossible scenarios.

I know it seems weird but I feel like I have a connection with Spiderman, I've thought this before as well. I wouldn't really mind having a Spider boyfriend honestly. But then there's Pav. How do I choose between them? Oh it would just be so much easier if Pav was Spiderman. If he was the one I was connected to. Just the thought of it makes my heart flutter.

Stories of what would happen if it was Pavitr who was behind that mask fill my brain. Why am I so obsessed with him? He has a girlfriend now, and he loves her, I think. And Spiderman? He's definitely straight. Right? He's a superhero, no superhero is gay. It drives everyone away.

No Y/N, this is your brain. You can think anything. Like you said, anything to make you feel less numb, I'm sure that still applies now. Nobody else is going to know so what's the harm.

I almost fall asleep, twirling my feet in the cold water, a bottle of beer beside me. This is my third bottle? I probably stink of alcohol, but who's gonna smell it? I'm not going to be kissing anyone. That's also what I say when I wear chapstick over my, well, chapped lips.

My brain started counting, i don't know what for. But I guess I fell asleep, because the next thing I knew, i was underwater with Spiderman clinging onto my body, swimming to get me to the surface. My eyes are wide open, as he hugs me and thanks god that I'm still alive.

He was standing so close to me, I couldn't help but stare into whatever I saw of his eyes under his mask. Being drunk didn't help with that either.

The water wasn't deep, so why was I almost about to drown? And why is my current crush? in front of me right now, staring back into my eyes, and pulling me closer towards him.

I couldn't move, but i knew I wanted this. Right? I think I do. He stops before we get too close.

"No, i can't do this, you'll get into trouble." He puts his hand on his head, walking around the water. He helps me get onto land and he does so himself as well. There were some towels nearby, since this wasn't the first time I took a dip in the pool. He dried me off and put my hoodie back on, so i warm down. The sun was setting, and he was sitting beside me once again, but with his arm around my back, holding onto the towel as we watched the sun set.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 27K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
88.4K 1.8K 16
Alessandra had always been in the dark about her family. Her mother made sure of it. She never told her anything about her father, her mysterious jo...
1M 35.9K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...
119 1 9
After spending years in an abusive relationship, Lux takes it upon himself to engage in what he describes as "corrective emotional experiences" by ho...