the not so masked hero

"hey uh! Sorry for the wait" he patted me on the back to catch my attention and smile.

"Ohhhkayyy" i looked at him with wide eyes. He was completely red, and sweaty, and his hand did not leave my shoulder yet.

"What's this about then?" I pointed towards his arm which seemed to be stuck on my shoulder.

"Oh uh nothing haha. Just thought it'd be a good idea to follow you like we used to do in kindergarten!" He said jumping on one leg.

"Yea sure that makes sense. Wanna tell me what's really going on?" I try pulling his hand off of my shoulder. Oh it's stuck stuck. I then noticed that he's not wearing his glasses.

"And what happened to your glasses? I can't believe i didn't notice that you weren't wearing them anymore. Did you start wearing lenses because of how dirty your glasses got? Or is there something else you wanna tell me?" I started into his hazel brown eyes.

"Oh uh yea, everything started getting like super blurry so i decided to take of my glasses and apparently i can see clearly without them!" He webs up a reply. Get it, cause spider web? I'm so funny.

"Oh then i've got to get bit by that spider too. Fixing my eyes without surgery? Sounds like a dream" what isn't a dream is realising my hands is stuck on top of his. "Pav did you decide to take a shower in superglue today? My hands kinda stuck on top of your hand. If you wanted to be stuck with me you could've just asked" i say trying to pull my hand out, but not trying to rip my skin apart.

"Y/N i swear i have no idea what's happening. After the spider bite everything has just been going a bit crazy. I might've inherited it's stickiness or just my sweat glands got overpowered causing me to stick to everything" he tried spewing out hypothesis.

"Okay uh, just try to relax. What song do you like, that one uh," i scroll through my playlist trying to find a song. "Juliet, you like that song right?" I say, playing it and making him wear one of the earpods. As if like magic, his hands released my shirt and my other hands and now we were free.

"You want me to play you one of my playlists? I'll send you the link to it, just calm down" oh wont he just love my playlist, i mean it's based off of the idea of him.

"Yea i think that'd be for the best. Do you happen to have another pair of earphones? I forgot to bring mine, didn't think it was quite necessary for today." He replied with a small pitiful smile. For such a charming person, it was a tad bit unsettling to see him so, so off.

"I think i packed my airpods, just because i knew for a fact you'd forget to bring yours." I took out my technically fake airpods. "Looks like i did! I'll switch off my Bluetooth, you'll find it as 'toomuchpower' on bluetooth."

"Thanks Y/N, you're a lifesaver" he said, connecting the pods and playing one of the playlists i sent him. Oh if only he knew.

"Hey dude uh, what's with these songs?" Asked the not so sweaty guy next to me.

Oh god what if he finds out? I mean i want him to, but not like this. Not yet i mean. "Uh what do you mean?" I go towards him and ask, taking the other earpod which was still in its case and putting it in my right ear.

"It's kinda cool! I can't believe I've never heard one of your playlists before, they're kinda sick!" Said the one with the other half of my hea- i mean earpods.

"Oh thank you! I spent like an hour on it" i try to laugh it off, it didn't have any songs about homosexuality, hopefully. That'd be kinda awkward, what would I tell him about how ghosts can be gay.

"STUDENTS OF MIDTOWN, PLEASE MAKE A STRAIGHT LINE, WE HAVE TO RETREAT BACK TO THE BUS. NOW!" Screamed Anjali ma'am. What happened?

"Y/N I'm feeling sick again, can you tell ma'am my parents are going to pick me up at the library across the street? I'll find a way to get back. Thanks!" He said, handing me back my airpods and running back towards the washroom. Oh he is in so much trouble.