the new suit

I was being pulled into the light.

Wait what.

I was actually being pulled into the light. But i could move around and everything? This isn't a light, this is a web, from Spiderman.

He saved me? Wasn't he just a guy from the match? I mean he did kinda save us from the vulture at Oscorp, then he did bring me to see Mehek when she was injured.

Its a bit crazy how every major event that has happened in my life in the past week has been connected to him, to Spiderman. What's even weirder is that a week ago, nobody even heard of this guy. Is he some sort of a fever dream? Does he exist only when I need him to?

Nah, that'd be crazy, a fever dream can't be so real. It couldn't pull me to another building or save me from a car crash. This guy is definitely real. For some reason it feels like we're connected somehow, with him being there everytime I need saving. Even though it's only been twice now.

"Oh I'm so sorry for the web-! I'm not really good with my aim yet. It should dissolve in 5 minutes!" He said, dropping me off at the top of a building. From what had dissolved with this spray that he poured on the web, I could see a new suit. It was more colourful and vibrant.

His hair came out, covering almost one of his eye, he wore two bracelets on his wrists which he used as a yoyo to swing from building to building. There was a design on his chest, resembling a spider, and his eye was layered with 4 different colours, which really made the whole suit pop, he also wore a bindi, which wasn't very visible at first.

I wait for the web to dissolve while I sit against a tank kept on the roof and watch the fight. Guess I'm gonna be here a while.

I see Spiderman hit the villain with his bracelet, which turns out to be shaped like a damru. He says something which I can't make out but his mask moves as if he's cracking jokes and laughing based on how the eyes express his emotions. It's truly a wonder how his costume is made, seriously, with the eyes expressing feelings? How did he make that work?

I scroll through my phone a bit, before seeing another web stuck onto me, this time being on my chest. I quickly shove my phone into my pocket and pray that nothing falls off, i almost lost my earphones last time. Remind me to take a small bag with my everytime I leave home, if this is going to be a regular thing, might as well be prepared.

He swung me onto another building, as I see the tank i was sitting next to, exploding behind me.

"This maybe wasn't a good day to leave your house at. Is there anywhere you wanted to get to?" Said Spiderman, spraying me with most dissolvent.

"Yea, I kinda was looking for the Chawla's house, I wanted to talk to their Sona Aaryan about my sister" i try taking off some of the web by hand, but I got more stuck in it.

"Ah, i know their house. Hang on!" He had me piggyback onto him, as he webbed me to Aaryan's house. It took longer than it should've, with all the bricks and stuff being thrown our way, but he did manage to get me there unharmed, for the most part.

I stand in front of their doorstep and thank the masked man behind me, as he goes back into the fight. I ring the doorbell, expecting to meet one of his parents but all i was met with was a boy who was a bit shorter than me, having a Nintendo switch in his hand. This boy, i recognised to be Aaryan. I met him last 2 years ago maybe, he's grown quite a lot.

"Hi! Aaryan right?" I ask the boy, who nods annoyed. Looks like he just wants to get back to his game.

"I promise i won't take long. It's about Mehek. She told me you were her boyfriend. She... She's in the hospital... There's a chance she won't make it... I thought it'd be best if you knew before she left." I try to make sure the tears don't erupt, it'd be embarrassing for a 14 year old boy to see an almost adult cry.