the hideout

I see the webbed man disappear into the distance after he drops me off at home through the window. He seems to have so much control when swinging away, despite his absolutely horrendous aim from earlier today.

I make sure he's gone, i couldn't see him anymore, so I climbed down my window, and made my way towards the tiny forest nearby.

It was a hard moment for me, losing Mehek? Nothing could get worse. The thread just doesn't exist anymore, I'm somehow levitating, or maybe I'm just falling to no end. Things get fuzzy at these times, or so I would think. It's not every day that you lose the person most important to you. This inner monologue is all that's keeping me alive. It's all that's keeping me sane.

I reach the forest entrance, it's barricaded, but that makes it better. I jump over the crowd control pole and enter the grassy-not-really-filled-with-trees area of the forest. I stray from the path, because the one that's there is to stop anyone that tries to enter, by having guards take watch of the path. I had pulled up my hood, it was the middle of June but it's the only way to hide from any guards.

I look around one last time before removing the leaves covering the hidden beauty of the forest. Nobody else knew about this, it was like a secret hideout of sorts.

The hideout had a small lake, some logs which I put as a way of seating, and under those logs, was a tiny hole, stashing my goods, alcohol and cigarettes.

I promised everyone that I'd never smoke, but something about the feeling of relief I get once that cigarette is lit, is not something I can give up yet, especially not right now.

I hear a rustling in behind me, I was opening my beer bottle, but I guess the police found me. I wore my hoodie again and covered my face, ready to make a run for it, goodbye lake, goodbye secret stash, goodbye trees, I guess I'm going to jail.

I wait for a while, still wondering if the guards were looking for me, I opened the beer bottle, might as well have the excuse of being drunk if I'm gonna get arrested. I start downing the components of the bottle, it's not good for my liver, but at this point, my liver is not worth it.

As my eyes look up with the bottle on top of me, i see a figure i recognise, hanging on the tree. I recognise the figure, but not who it was from.

"Look if you're gonna arrest me just do it already. Prison might be a better place for me to be alone, kinda. I need space so just do whatever and do it quick. Please" I put my hands up, the bottle still in my right hand. I close my eyes, waiting for someone to come around and put my hands down and put them in handcuffs.

I hear the rustling again, but this time it was as if someone just jumped down, the thud made sure of that.

"Relax, I'm not going to arrest you. But why are you here? Didn't i just leave you at home?" A voice said, one which i recognised, truly. I knew who it was this time. For sure.

"Pav? Wait you didn't leave me back home-?" I open one eye, hands still in the air. It wasn't Pav, it was the good ol' superhero Spidey.

"Ho- I'm not sure if I know anyone named Pav, but I do know a Spiderman and a guy that's supposed to be at home and not downing beers like it's Diwali and a cricket match is going on." I can feel his disappointment, i can see it, even with his mask.

"Im sorry... Things have been hard since he- well things have changed a lot in the past year, so i just come here sometimes I get high to forget everything, anything to make me feel less numb, like the song says." I try to explain everything but I don't think I can do that without breaking down. Things have been very different since i realised I like boys, and I've just been hiding everything, especially ever since i came out to my parents. But I couldn't tell all this to a guy i met a week ago.