the incident

I was sat beside my buddie Pav, or Pavitr Prabhakar, if we're going for full names. He's always been an odd fellow, but it's cute. The bus is quite loud, but thankfully we've made our mark as the "dateable" boys in senior year. Unfortunately for the girls, they're unaware that my best friend here, is dating Gayatri, the so called rebel girl of our year.

It's your simple cliche, but Pav doesn't care about stuff like that. Sometimes i think he's the main character in my own story. And unfortunately for me, he only has eyes for Gayatri. He says he likes her because of how "classy" she is. I think the only class about her is her father, inspector Singh.

Yes, there are many cartoons named the same thing, but i like to imagine they're based off of him, it gives more depth to his character.

Another thing i like to imagine is that life is a video game, because since I don't seem to be the main character, atleast i can think of every interaction with everyone as a way of increasing likeness points, as if this is a dating sim. It's fun. Romanticizing the life, that's what they say in the other countries.

We're sitting in the backseat, on our way to Oscorp. It's some science thing, im literally only on this bus because firstly, we're definitely not getting another trip this year, and this is our last year. Secondly, Pav is really into all this nerdy science stuff, im more into arts, but I'm here to give him emotional support.

He was so excited about this trip, a "break" from school. Yup, a break for him, for the rest of us, it's just more school. I think the only reason so many people even actually came here is because it'd look good on their college portfolio, no matter what stream they take. I can't argue with that.

Pav is busy charming some girls, his smile makes everyone fall for him. He then stares into their eyes, which encaptures them more. I don't get how it's so easy for him to do this stuff, especially when he has a girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, he's VERY loyal to Gayatri, he'd never actually mean to do this, which is why it makes this worse. He's a natural charmer. Even though half the school hates him for being a teacher's pet, everyone who's ever met him falls instantly head over heels for him.

Unfortunately for me, i don't have the natural charm, i have to try so hard to get people to even sorta like me. They only like me because of my place in the football team, well soccer for the Americans. I have a pretty face, i won't lie, I've been told it many times, but im not handsome at every angle, unlike Pav.

I know it's not a very good friend thing of me to do to be jealous of my best friend, but sometimes you can't help but.

While he's sitting in the middle seat, I'm stuck on the corner, one leg over the other, with my earphones plugged in, listening to another playlist I made. For him. Surprise.

Maybe the reason I'm so bad at charming girls is because i don't want to. I do it to continue on making people believe i like girls, so i seem more wantable to guys.

And i can't come out to anyone because well, no matter what people say, India is not a very welcoming country for homosexuals.

"Soooo.... Are you listening to another one of your Loverboy playlists? You've got to reveal who it is about. I told you about Gayatri, i think it's only fair" said my best friend. I can't tell him who it's for, but the secrecy will only break his heart.

"I said I'm gonna keep her a secret. I don't want you going up to her and charming her. That's not going to help in any way! She's a good friend of mine, I'll warm up to her SLOWLY." It's hard to lie to him, but how can I tell him i don't like girls. "Plus she's already in a relationship right now. No it's not Gayatri. I have other friends" i remind him. I hate keeping stuff from him. With not having parents and whatnot, no matter how much he shows it, he's not such a happy person. He's hanging on by a very thin thread, ready to break any moment.