Enchanted Lover -> Regulus Bl...

Bởi iamevanescent

"ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀʏ 𝘺𝘰𝘶" "ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ꜱᴛᴜᴄᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴇ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ." (𝕟) 𝕣𝕖𝕘𝕦𝕝𝕦𝕤: 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕔�... Xem Thêm

prologue
¹Balter
²Eccedentesiast
³Onism
⁴Liberty
⁵Cynosure
⁶Meraki
⁷Metanoia
⁸Serendipity
⁹Koi no yokan
¹⁰Ikigai
¹¹Eremophobia
¹²Cosmogyral
¹⁴Pistanthrophobia
¹⁵Mono no aware
¹⁶ Nepenthe
¹⁷Ukiyo
¹⁸Mysa
¹⁹Whelve
²⁰Fláneur
²¹Eunoia
²²nemesism

¹³Fluctuate

1.2K 38 6
Bởi iamevanescent

verb: rise and fall irregularly in number or amount

***

THE FIRST TIME Adira was physically hurt my her parents was when she was seven.

She had been eating her cereal one morning and accidentally spilled her milk on her brother.

James got upset and started crying since he was covered in milk, Adira tried to get him to calm down and clean him up but it wasn't working and that was when her father walked in.

She had expected to get shouted at, maube sent up to her room without dinner at most, not this.

"WHAT IN MERLINS NAME IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

i'm sorry daddy i didn't mean too

"YOU ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING! WHY CANT YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT? YOU ARE USELESS!"

it was an accident i didn't do it on purpose i didn't mean too i'm sorry

"STOP TALKING BACK TO ME GIRL"

slap

"SAY SORRY TO YOUR BROTHER"

but it was an accident

Her father went silent due to the fact she refused his command. That was when he proceeded to grab the young girl by her hair and drag her up the stairs. throwing her into her room making her collide with the floor.

She cut her knee on the metal chair in her room, it bled, she still has the small scar.

"YOU STAY IN THERE UNTIL YOU LEARN TO BEHAVE."

James stayed silent throughout it. He didn't know whether he should attempt to intervene or not, so he said nothing.

***

"So do you guys think i should get a red dress or a blue dress for the party next week? Red makes me look gorgeous obviously but blue really brings out my eyes."

"Blue, definitely." Narcissa responded, shovelling some eggs in her mouth.

"Hmm." Peggy said, "Adira what do you think?"

Adira clearly had not been listening, "Yes, i totally agree."

"...You agree with what?"

"...With whatever Narcissa said." She replied before looking back down at her empty plate.

"You've been quiet lately, is everything okay?" Narcissa asked.

"I'm fine." Adira replied with the biggest smile she could muster up.

Narcissa could tell she was lying but didn't push it.

They continued eating in silence until a first year approached them.

"Are you Adira Potter?" they asked in a squeaky voice.

Adira looked up at them with furrowed eyebrows, "No."

Peggy laughed, Narcissa shook her head.

"Oh... The teacher said you was?" They continued.

"Really?" Adira asked, feigning confusion, "How strange."

Narcissa leaned over the table and flicked her ear, "Yes, she is, what's wrong?"

The first year smiled, "You're dismissed from transfiguration this morning, apparently the DADA teacher wants you to go to her classroom."

Adira was estatic with the fact she'd be able to miss transfiguration but also a little gutted she'd have to spend time with the DADA teacher.

"Okay." She said and the first year walked away.

Once they was gone, Peggy asked, "What's that about?"

Adira simply shrugged.

"Probably a dueling thing, You're one of the best in the school at it." Narcissa spoke.

"I realllllly hope you're right." Adira smirked as she saw the first year approach her brother.

***

Adira entered the DADA classroom and noticed it was filled with young slytherins and gryffindors. The young children looked her in both confusion and fear, knowing about her reputation.

"Miss Potter... Glad you joined us." The professor said, but it was clear she had been slightly hoping she wouldn't.

"Happy to be here." She replied sarcastically causing a few of the children to laugh.

"We're just waiting for our three other gues... And here they are."

Adira turned to see who was here and wasn't surprised to see her brother and Sirius, However she was surprised to see Regulus Black.

Regulus seemed surprised to see all three of them, having a strained relationship with his older brother made Sirius avoid the younger boy like the plague, and by the look on his face Adira could tell her was debating whether or not to run away.

A first year raised their hand, "Miss? Isn't this going to be unfair? The Gryffindors are a year older than the Slytherins."

"Well... I didn't necessarily choose the students based on their age..."

"She chose them based on skill." Adira added on, "That's why i'm so surprised they're here." She said looking over at Sirius and James.

"You're just scared." James said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh i'm terrified." Adira said, "Are you scared Reg?"

Sirius looked extremely confused at the way Adira said his brothers first name, and a nickname at that... It's not exactly a secret that the two hate eachother, even if Sirius knew all about Regulus' crush on her since second year, it was still weird.

"Absolutely." The boy said, moving to stand next to Adira, "don't worry darling i'll protect you."

James looked extremely confused at the way Regulus called his sister that strange nickname... It's not exactly a secret that the two hate eachother, it was weird.

"Oh please we both know out of the both of us i'm not the one who's going to need defending." The girl laughed as he scoffed.

"Okay!" The teacher shouted causing Sirius to jump, "Today i thought it would be great to show you all whay a duel looks like."

The few first years that hadn't clicked on to what was happening looked at eachother in excitement.

The teacher paused, "Due to safety reasons we're going to put Adira and Sirius, and Regulus and James."

Adiras mood worsened at that. she was ecstatic at the thought of being able to hex her 'brother' without any consequences, but her adopted would have to do.

"Potter and Black first please!"

All four students turned to look at the woman.

"Oh... Right sorry, Adira and Sirius please."

Adira walked up to the open space with no trace of emotion on her face whilst Sirius wore a cocky smirk. That arrogance would be his downfall.

"Bow."

Regulus smirked at the way the girl refused to bow and found it awfully
attractive on her.

"3..."

Sirius held his wand up infront of him.

"2..."

Adira stayed still with her wand at her side.

"1..."

"Stupefy!" Sirius shouted.

Protego.

Sirius almost fell backwards on his feet at the way his spell rebounded, he knew the girl could do wandless magic, however not nonverbal.

However using a wand would be a safer option, so she finally raised it, "Furnurculus!" The girl said with a sharp flick of her wand, causing Sirius' teeth to grow further out of his mouth.

However he didn't give up there, he should've, but he didn't, Adira found his confidence amusing.

"Impendimenta!"

Adira quickly jumped out of the way to avoid being hit, only making Sirius more annoyed.

The duel continued for a few minutes, spells flying backwards and forwards as James and Regulus watched from the sides.

As Regulus watched Adira duel with his brother he felt a mixture of different emotions. The most conflicting one being the overwhelming sense of protectiveness he felt for Adira. He knew she could handle herself, she's proved that many times however he couldn't help it. He knew he used to have a crush on the girl when he was younger but he doesn't anymore. He couldn't, it would get in the way of their entire plan. Yet he couldn't stop thinking about it.

He also felt a smidge of worry for his brother, knowing Adira could easily blast his head off if she wanted.

He was snapped out of his daydream by Adira saying, "Okay i'm bored now... Levicorpus"

Sirius let out a yelp as he dropped his wand and dangled upside down in the air by his ankle before plummeting to the ground with a bang.

The first year slytherins laughed and cheered, Regulus included, As the gryffindors stayed silent, including James.

"Yes... well done miss potter." The teacher said yet her tone sounded defeated.

"Thanks!" The girl said, before walking over to Regulus.

"Don't take it easy on him, he won't take it easy on you." She whispered to him.

"Aww, look at you all worried about me." He responded tilting his head to look down at the girl.

"You could get hit by the knightly bus and i'd throw a party." She spat, "However i'd like to see James wollow in embarrassment for a few days so try your best."

"Whatever you say." He smirked before taking her place where she was previously stood.

James appeared to be having a similar pep talk with Sirius on the other side. The boy still rubbing his head from where it hit the floor.

"Are you ready?" The teacher asked.

Neither of them replied, their eyes glued on eachother.

"Bow."

Regulus, despite being a year younger, was taller than James and simply looked down on him.

Adira wanted to kill herself for finding this incredibly attractive.

"3..."

Neither lifted their wands.

"2..."

"Oppugno!" James shouted, causing a book to fly at Regulus extremely quickly.

Adira couldn't help but feel impressed at the boys fast reflexes as he simply flicked his hand and the book flew away from him.

"Really? if you needed a head start you could've just asked." Regulus snarked.

"Tarantallegra!" James shouted again, ignoring the boys comment.

"Protego." Regulus said almost as if he was bored, "Stupefy!" He shouted back with more effort this time.

James went flying backwards and he hit a wall, the duel over within seconds.

Regulus looked down at the boy on the floor in genuine surprise, "I thought he'd be able to last longer then that."

"Shut up Regulus." Sirius said as he rushed to go and help his "real" brother up off the floor.

The first years didn't say anything, clearly a little disappointed with how quick the duel ended.

"Oh... Good try Mr Potter." The teacher said, looking crestfallen at this point.

Adira didn't say anything. Feeling a mixture of conflicting emotions, her worry as her brother flew back. She hates him, why does she care if he's hurt or not? Then the most embarrassing. the way she was extremely turned on by Regulus' nonchalant attitude as he walked over to her.

"I thought you said he wasn't going to take it easy on me." He said with a smirk, that fucking smirk.

"Well maybe i just forgot how shit at duelling he is." She decided to reply with.

He shrugged, "See you in potions." He said as he walked out the door leaving Adira with James and Sirius.

She went to follow out after him but was stopped by a hand on her wrist.

"Hey." it was Sirius, she turned to see where James was and saw him standing with the teacher talking about some random shit she didn't care about.

"What?" She asked, pulling her arm out of his grasp.

"What's going on with you and Regulus?" He asked, his tone seemed to be casual but also laced with concern.

"Why do you care?" Adira asked, her face stoic.

"I don't. Just curious." He said.

She stayed silent, staring at him with a blank face. "Great. Bye."

"No wait." He said again, causing her to turn around and sigh.

"You're wasting my time..."

"My family is full of death eaters." He whispered suddenly, causing her to freeze.

"...What do you mean" She said in the most innocent voice she could conjure up.

"That's why i left. I... I'm worried about you... You shouldn't be around Regulus."

"You've never been worried about me before, why now?" She asked, seriously.

Part of her really wanted a genuine answer, an apology for everything that he did and everything he didn't do. He never treated her like James... Yet he never said anything and that was saying everything.

The boy looked conflicted, not knowing what to say, then he said, "Nobody else cares about you, suppose i feel guilty for not offering help."

silence

"Goodbye Black."

***

"And then he says, "nobody else cares about you, i feel guilty for not offering help." Adira repeated to Narcissa as they were laying on their separate beds.

"What an actual shit stain." The blonde girl said in disgust. "He's a freak of nature! Who does he think he is saying that to you!"

"He's probably just mad i made him look like a fool in the duel." Adira concluded, not letting his words get to her.

"You're so right." The blonde girl
said back "Public humiliation would've hurt him."

This gave Adira an idea.

"Public humiliation you say." She repeated with a manic smile.

"Oh no... I know that smile... i don't like that smile." Narcissa said cautiously.

The best thing about The Marauders is that they have a lot of enemies. Due to their rudeness and pranks they've made a lot of friends but also a lot of rivals.

Therefore, Adira was able to get away with pulling a few pranks on them over the years, they assumed it was somebody else.

Sure, Adira was a suspect but they assumed she wouldn't stoop to their level... They was wrong.

"How do you feel on pulling a little prank with me Cissa?"

"If i say no you're going to make me anyway, aren't you?" The blonde asked, trying to hide her amusement, it was always nice to see Adira in a happy mood.

"You know it." The brunette smiled back.

"Then i suppose i don't have a choice."

She was interrupted by a knock on the window, causing both girls to turn their attention.

"Do you recognise that owl?" Narcissa asked, and got a head shake in reply, "Then i'm not answering it."

"Merlins balls." Adira replied standing up to go and let it in.

It was a black owl, so jet black that it was practically invisible even though she was standing right infront of it.

this day, this time, next week.

There was no name, address nor signature. Then again it wasn't really needed.

Just like that, a fear bubbled up Adiras throat, their plan needed to take action, and fast.

***
a/n: edited this twice and still hate it soz.

2.4K words

got this out as fast as i could to say thankyou for 6K reads!!! LOVE YALL

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

124K 2.7K 24
ೃ⁀➷ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘙𝘦𝘨𝘶𝘭𝘶𝘴 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘩𝘦 �...
101K 2.6K 33
❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞: 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐫 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭. ...
26.8K 1.4K 17
❝You don't find me handsome?❞ Regulus' breath tickles the nape of Laura's neck, sending a wave of happiness down her spine. She leans backward to fa...
1.9M 50.6K 179
✾𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳✾ ✧ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ✧ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ 𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩...