Snowflakes In The Dark

By AvaElliot25

Born to a family who rejected her, Morana Kaida was the result of an affair. Cast out and hated for the loss... More

2: Friends, Teams and A Sweet Admirer
3: Snobby Rich Bastards and A Pesky Fire Dragon
4: Secrets Revealed With A Return
5: Big Sis Erza?!
6: The Dark Guild Eisenwald and Lullaby
7: Once A Dark Mage Always A Dark Mage
8: Do What You Got To Do
9: What It Means To Be A Fairy
10: There's No Time To Sleep In A Situation Like This!
11: Recovering and Relaxing It's My Birthday, I Can Do What I Want.
12: Daring Does and Don'ts
13: The Cursed Island With Secrets To Hold
14: Just What All Do You Know?
15: Who Really Is The Coldest Mage?
16: Where the Trust Lies
17: What The Past Cannot Erase
18: Can We Please Go Home Now?
19: A Break From The Action
20: What's the Worse that Could Happen?
21: This Means War
22: You Are My Treasure

1: Two Dragons and One Monkey

133 3 6
By AvaElliot25

It was a busy day at the Fairy Tail guild. Mages of all kinds were conversing and enjoying a drink and a meal. A lot was going on and everyone seemed to be full of energy that day. It was really a normal day like the rest. Everyone got along, except one. A woman stood off to the side as she watched everyone closely. Short messy wavy dark blue hair fell into her eyes. She sported a light gray winter trench coat with a lighter gray fluffy trim. A blue sports bra could be seen under her crossed arms. Dark gray cargo pants were tucked into black boots with gray fluffy trim around her knees. A scarf was wrapped around her waist. The ends had a giant snowflake embroidered into it with white fluff on the trim. Surrounding the snowflake was a dark blue crystal-like pattern that trailed to the middle, but it faded into a lighter shade of blue and the crystal pattern stopped partway.

"You know. Standing there isn't going to make you friends." A tiny old man took a sip out of a mug. White hair and a mustache, an orange jacket over a white shirt. Orange shorts and pointy shoes. He was an oddball as he sat on the bar counter, near where the woman was standing.

"It's too quiet..." She coldly glanced at the old man. "Erza left a day or so ago. What am I supposed to do?"

"Why don't you go on a mission with Gray?" the old man suggested.

"And pick up his stripping habit? I'll pass." The woman scoffed as she looked away.

"Now, now with your magic you'll be a perfect match with Gray!" The old man laughed as he lifted his mug.

"And you'll be a perfect punching bag.." The woman growled.

"Morana, why don't you help Nab with finding a job request?" A barmaid walked up. She had long white hair and was dressed in a maroon dress with matching heels. She had a tray in her hands.

"The slacker is so indecisive he won't know which is right and left." The woman glared at the woman.

"Hey! I can hear you!" Nab shouted. The man was standing by the request board.

"Oh calm down Nab, she's right. You've been standing by the board all morning and still haven't picked a job." Max chimed in.

"You want to say that again?! I'm waiting for the right job to show up!" Nab got into the man's face.

"Just pick a job and get moving! You're blocking the request board for everyone else!" Max got right back in Nab's face. Tension was high between them.

"Be a man and leave the rest for us will ya!" A large buff man interjected.

"Everyone always has to have a say in everything..." Morana mumbled as she watched in anticipation for a fight break out.

"This is the Fairy Tail guild." The Barmaid giggled. Morana scoffed as she looked away. "I know you are the newest member, you'll get used to the rowdiness. Don't worry."

"Did you hear what happened in Hargeon?" Krov laughed, catching Morana's attention.

"You just had to tell Natsu about that rumor you heard." Niggy sighs. He sat across from his friend at a nearby table.

"Hey! I'm just passin' on things I heard!" Krov said.

"What about an Ice Dragon?" Morana appeared behind Krov within seconds, scaring the poor man out of his seat.

"Mo-morana! Don't just show up behind a guy will ya!" Krov sweats as he looks up at the cold hard stare of the woman above him.

"Answer the question..." She growls.

"No! I only heard about a Salamander! I promise! Nothing about a Frost Dragon!" Krov immediately spills, frightful of the woman who only gave a blank stare.

"She's an Ice dragon, not a Frost dragon. Her name is Frost." Morana corrected before walking away.

"Holy shit! She's just as terrifying as Erza." Krov almost let his soul leave his body as Niggy sighs in relief.

"She's very terrifying...always scaring everyone," Niggy added.

"Natsu should return soon. Now that I think about it." The barmaid looked thoughtful as she returned behind the bar to serve drinks and food.

"He better have some information about his dragon. Perhaps Igneel would know something about Frost." Morana sat down in front of her, right next to her was a brown-haired woman.

"Oh please, like a fire dragon would be able to know where an ice dragon is. I don't even think they could be found. You would think that a dragon would be easy to find." The woman took a sip from a wine glass.

"Do yourself a favor and drink yourself dead, Cana," Morana growled.

"Mind your tongue Morana. Cana does have a point." The old man sighs as he warns the woman.

"Tch...then she shouldn't doubt Frost or Igneel," Morana grumbled as she rested her arms on the bar.

"You can't blame us for doubting them. We just think you two would have found them by now." Cana added. Morana knew the woman was right, but still, it hurt to hear the truth.

The guildhall doors burst open as a pink-haired man stormed in with a blue flying cat behind him.

"We made it back alive!" The man shouted.

"We're home!" The cat shouted.

Morana watched closely and cautiously as she held her breath. Natsu had returned, but he wasn't alone. Behind him, Morana had noticed a female. Blond hair, brown eyes, a large bust covered by a sleeveless white shirt with blue outlines, and a blue pleated skirt with a belt around her hips. Brown boots on her feet as she pulled a suitcase behind her.

Everyone was greeting Natsu and Happy as Morana only waited for a fight to break out. Krov, who had recovered from Morana's frightening conversation, had smirked as he looked over at Natsu. "Welcome back Natsu! Heard you went all out in Hargeon recently. Had to go startin' trouble."

Just like Morana predicted, Natsu slammed his foot into Krov's face sending him flying across the guildhall. Morana grumbled as she stood up.

"You lyin' bastard! You lied about that salamander! I'ma kick your ass!" Natsu roared. The blond jumped back shocked.

"Why did you do that, for?!" She screamed.

"Don't get mad at me! I'm only passin' on a rumor I heard!" Krov recovered as he glared at Natsu.

"It was just a rumor?!" Natsu shouted.

"You want a fight?!" Krov shouted right back and the two burst into a fistfight around the guild.

"So he didn't find Igneel..." Morana mumbled as she looked down.

"Awe don't get too down. I'm sure you will find your mother one day." The barmaid smiled as she rested her hand on Morana's cold shoulder.

"You think so Mirajane?" Morana asked as she looked up at the woman.

"Of course I do. After all, you went through, it's only reasonable that she's out there looking for you too." Mirajane giggled as she went ahead and served several members. Morana watched as Natsu went hammer on several guildmates. Chaos erupted as more and more people joined the fight. At one point she saw Happy being thrown across the guildhall as if he were the ball in a pinball game. The woman stood amid the fighting as she watched it unfold around her.

Meanwhile, the blond was standing in awe of being in the most popular guild in Fiore. "Oh wow! I can't believe I'm actually here!"

"Natsu finally made it back huh!" A shirtless man scoffed. He was ready for a fight as he marched through the fighting towards where Natsu was throwing fists with other members. "This ends once and for all!"

"Gray...your clothes..." Morana sighs as she watches the man walk around in just his underwear. This was why she stuck with just a winter coat, a sports bra, and pants. The blond was shocked and embarrassed as she watched the ice mage.

"Ain't nobody got time for that!" Gray shouted as he jumped into the fight. Morana rolled her eyes as she decided to head out of the guildhall.

"And there she goes...At least there will be only one dragon slayer to deal with." Cana took a large gulp of wine from a giant barrel. The blond was just standing in pure shock and confusion.

"This is normal around here...even I'm not used to it." Morana sighs as she finds herself next to the blond.

"Oh! You're new here too! Wait! I know you! You're that powerful ice mage! Winter Storm!" The blond jumped back frightened. Morana raised her eyebrow at the woman.

"Winter Storm? Is that what everyone is calling me? I've only been a part of this guild for a little over a year now and that's the name people are calling me? Well, it's better than what I have been called. My name is Morana Kaida." Morana crosses her arms as she watches Elfman jump into the fight between Natsu and Gray.

"Wow! Really! That's insane! My name is Lucy Heartfilia!" Lucy gasped excitedly at the woman. There was so much commotion going on as Morana sees Loke join the fighting while sweet talking two leeches that were on him. He was the one that annoyed the crap out of Morana the most.

"He's definitely off my list," Lucy mumbled as she watched too. She had a book that she pulled out and crossed him off. "What the heck is wrong with these people?! There's not one sane person in the whole place! Well, besides you it seems."

"I've been asking that same question too. I would get out of here if you don't want to be dragged into fighting." Morana adds as she watches intently.

"Hi! Seems like you made a new friend, Morana!" Mirajane appeared behind the two females. They turned to see the barmaid.

"It's Mirajane! In the flesh!" Lucy squealed. Morana scoffed as she turned her head. Like she would make a new friend, she simply wanted to warn the mage of the chaotic normality this guild has.

"Um, don't you think we should try to stop them?" Lucy asked as she pointed to the fighting.

"They normally don't stop if you try to intervene," Morana mumbled as she ducked to avoid being hit by a flying cup.

"This is normal around here. If we stop then it wouldn't be as much fun." Mirajane smiled, but then was caught in the flight path of a flying Elfman. Lucy screamed as she panicked upon seeing Mira under her brother with her soul flying out of her.

"You aren't worth my time Stripper! Morana, I demand a rematch right now!" The flaming pyro shouted. Morana groans as she turns to see Natsu fighting his way to her.

"Would you quiet down? What does it take for a girl to drink in peace?" Cana turned and pulled out a card. A magic circle appeared in front of it.

"Oh yeah?! What are you going to do about it?" Gray challenged as he brought his hands together as a cold mist seeped off of them.

"You guys aren't manly enough!" Elfamn shouted as a magic circle appeared around his right arm changing it into a monster rock arm. Everyone started using their magic as Morana held out her arm in front of Lucy as her eyes were trained on Natsu. His hands were engulfed in fire as a challenging smirk was on his lips.

"This is really happening?!" Lucy squealed.

"This is going to get ugly...just get out of here," Morana warned the blond. Lucy had held up Happy to use as a shield.

"This always happens like this?!" Lucy cried out.

"Aye! Right, Morana!" Happy smiled.

"You both aren't worried about this?!"

"Not really, this is just something you get used to. If fighting isn't your thing, then this isn't the guild for you." Morana said. She was preparing herself to fight Natsu who had started his way towards her. A cold mist came off her hands as they suddenly were encased in ice.

"I'm coming for you Morana!" Natsu shouted, he jumped towards her but was cut short when a giant foot stomped on the ground. The entire guildhall shook as everyone stopped in their tracks.

"Calm down and quit acting like children!" The man shouted. Lucy looked like she was about to wet herself as she stared up at the giant. Morana on the other hand looked almost ready to pass out from fear herself. But it seemed more as she stood frigid with her head low.

"He's so huge!" Lucy shouted.

"I'm sorry I didn't know you were still here Master." Mirajane recovered as she stood up.

"Did you say, Master?!" Lucy jumped.

"Ha! I guess that means I won!" Natsu laughed. Morana flinched as she glared at the pyro.

"Natsu...shut up!" She hissed. A dark shadow covered Natsu as the master slammed his foot on top of the mage. Morana paled as she took a step back. Fear was evident in her eyes as she gulped. The giant looked over as Lucy squealed in fright.

"Well, seems like we have a new recruit."

"Yes sir!" Lucy watches in horror as the giant shrunk down to the size of a tiny old man. Morana seemed to relax once he returned to his normal size. She hated when he used his giant magic, it was terrifying.

"Nice to meet ya!" The old man raised his hand in the air as Lucy gawked at him.

"He's tiny!"

"And terrifying..." Morana mumbles as she slumps to the ground, calming down.

"This is Makarov. Fairy Tail's guild master." Mirajane explains.

"Now, no need to get all panicked. You know I wouldn't hurt cha." Makarov smiled as he pats Morana's back.

"I-I know Master..." She breathes out.

"He's really in charge around here!?" Lucy asked again as she watched the strange reaction from the ice woman.

"You bet!" The old man smiled before he jumped to the railing on the second-floor balcony of the guildhall. He had crashed on his back, but quickly adjusted himself. He coughed as he addressed the guild, everyone watched with a stiff gaze.

"You've gone and done it again! Look at this stack of papers that the Magic Council has sent this time, you idiots! This is the biggest complaint yet!" He showed off the papers "Do you not think before you act?! I have to deal with the higher-ups 24/7 because of you reckless rascals! What am I gonna do with you all?!" He shouted. Everyone had a guilty look on their faces as they were being scolded by the guild master.

"However," His disappointed glare turned into a smile. "I say to hell with the magic council!" the paper he had in his hands burst into flames as he threw it in the air. Natsu jumped and caught it like a dog as he ate the flames. Sighing, Morana stood to her feet as she crossed her arms. "Now listen up! Any power that surpasses reason still comes from reason. Magic isn't some kind of miraculous power. Magic is more than that, it's a talent that only works when the flow of energy from within flows with the energy in the natural world. To use magic one must have the mental strength and will to control it and to exceed limits from beyond. It should come from the heart and soul of your being! Magic is how you use it, and how it shows who you are. If we worry about following rules, then we will never know where our limits are and how to surpass them! Don't let those goody two shoes hold you back from your true potential! Cause that's what the Fairy Tail guild does and has become number one!" Makarvo shouted as he raised his pointer finger into the air. Everyone in the guild did the same as they all cheered and shouted.

Morana stood alone, despite being surrounded. She didn't raise her hand in the air like the rest, still, she worried. Her head hung low as she looked at her hands. Sighing, she slipped through the crowd and to her hiding place, which really was just the bar. Everyone around her was cheering and celebrating as things settled down. Lucy and Mirajane found their way to the bar as well. The barmaid got the stamp and gave Lucy the official Fairy Tail guild mark. The blond was excited as she walked over to Natsu who was by the job request board. Makarov sat down on the bar counter and glanced at Morana worriedly. She was a tough case for him but he understood why she is the way she is.

"Would you like something to drink Morana?" Mirajane asked as she returned behind the counter.

"May I have an iced tea please?" She asked as she lifted her head up. The barmaid had pulled her out of her thoughts with a sweet smile.

"Coming right up."

It wasn't long until a small child came running into the guild to talk with Makarov who was deep in thought over the troubled girl next to him.

"How come my dad hasn't come back yet?" The young boy asked as he looked up to the guild master.

"You are starting to work my nerves, Romeo. Your father is a wizard and you should have faith in him. Wait patiently for his return." Makarov reminded the boy.

"Yeah, but he said he would be back in three days and it's been a whole week!" Romeo pointed out. "Why won't someone go looking for him!"

"If I remember correctly he took that job on Mt. Hakobe." The old man said. Morana turned to look at the old man and the young child. Mirajane had set Morana's iced tea in front of her as she turned to clean a glass cup.

"Yeah! That's not far from here! Can't someone go and check on him?!" Romeo shouted.

"Listen, kid. Your father is a wizard and like everyone else in this guild, he can take care of himself. Now go home, have some milk and cookies, and wait for your father!" Makarov scolded the young boy.

"I hate you all!" Romeo shouted as he punched the old man in the face before running out of the guildhall.

"That's got to be hard," Lucy mumbled as she watched the entire thing happen.

"It's not like the master doesn't care or anything, but he really is worried," Mirajane said. A crack was heard as heads turned to see Natsu storming away from the request board that had a hole punched into it. Morana had joined his side as the two dragon slayers were walking out of the guild hall. An ice trail followed them out.

"Hey! Watch it, Natsu! You almost broke the board!" Nab shouted.

"Careful where you leave ice Morana! Someone is gonna trip and hurt themselves." Max shouted as he almost slipped on the trail of ice left behind by the ice dragon.

"This doesn't look good master. You know how those two are." Nab sighs as he stands next to Makarov. "I bet you those two are going up there to save Macao."

"When will those two ever grow up.." Krov said.

"What do you mean? Why did Natsu and Morana get so upset?" Lucy asked.

"Natsu and Romeo have a lot in common. I think he sees himself in Romeo. His father left him. As did Natsu's father, the one who raised him of course. He was an actual fire dragon and he taught him everything, from culture, and language to magic. He found Natsu wandering the forest and took him in. Then one day he vanished." Mirajane explained.

"That's so sad...but...what about Morana?" Lucy said.

"Morana is a hard case. She too was raised by a dragon. An Ice Dragon to be exact. However, she was taken from her mother. She was held against her will by evil people and was forced to do their bidding. It was only recently that she was rescued and brought to Fairy Tail for her protection. She knows what it's like to have her family taken from her. That girl doesn't want the same for Romeo." Makarov explained as he sipped his beer.

"That's terrible!" Lucy gasped.

"Just because we are members of fairy tail, doesn't mean we don't have our personal issues. Fairy Tail is a place where we can find refuge and help. It allows those to rely on others when there is no one else to rely on. Morana is still learning this, so give her time." Mirajane smiled.

***

A little while later both Natsu and Morana were holding their stomachs. Natsu lay down on the seat of a wagon as Morana covered the floor. Both were ready to puke their guts out.

"Why are you...." Natsu groaned, "Coming with?"

"This...doesn't....concern you.." Morana added as she curled on her side to hold her stomach.

"I thought maybe I could help," Lucy answered. "You two really do have a bad case of motion sickness. It's just another reason to feel sorry for you two."

"Aye!" Happy said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Natsu gagged. The motion of the wagon kept both dragon slayers down.

"Oh, nothing." Lucy was quick to change the topic as she watched the two suffer. She was thinking back to what Mirajane and Makarov had shared with them when the wagon had stopped.

"Oh, I guess we're there," Lucy said.

"This is as far as I can take you." The driver said to them. Natsu opened the door and a blast of snow came blazing in. It had swept Happy off his paws as he clung to one of the doors. Morana gasped as she darted out of the wagon and into the snow.

"I'm free!" She cried out as she took in the blizzard. It was like it was fueling her body with magic energy as she stood like it was nothing.

"Where the heck are we Natsu?! Why the hell is it freezing snow?!" Lucy shouted above the rushing winds. "It's a frozen wasteland!"

"Hey, this frozen wasteland is my home." Morana snapped as she slipped off her winter coat. Already they could see shimmering scales on her skin as she tossed her coat at Lucy. The blond didn't hesitate to put it on.

"Why is it so cold?!" Lucy was complaining as they started their way along the mountain pass. Morana has taken the scarf around her waist and wrapped it around her neck. "AND WHY ARE YOU ONLY WEARING A BRA?!" Lucy shouted when she saw what Morana was wearing.

"I'm an Ice dragon slayer...the cold is my element," Morana explained.

"Yeah. It doesn't bother me." Natsu added.

"What is wrong with you people?!" Lucy shouted.

"Aye...the question is, what's wrong with you." Happy said.

"Why you! This is summer! Why the hell is there a blizzard!" Lucy was still freezing with Morana's coat on as she pulled it closer to her body.

"That's just the climate of Mt. Hakobe." Morana sighed, she was getting annoyed with the blond's constant complaining.

"She just keeps complaining doesn't she," Natsu said, reading Morana's thoughts.

"Aye." Happy clung to Natsu's shoulder.

"Wait, I know!" Lucy stopped as she pulled out her keys.

"She's a celestial wizard?" Morana questioned as she watched Lucy open a gate key.

"Open gate of the Clock Constellation! Horologium!" Lucy summoned the spirit as a grandfather clock-like thing appeared. Lucy was quick to slip inside as Morana and Natsu stood in confusion.

"A clock?! Whao!" Natsu said.

"That is so cool!" Happy shouted. Morana just rolled her eyes at the two as she turned around and walked off and kept going. Within seconds she disappeared into the blizzard. Lucy, who had seen the ice dragon walk off, pointed it out, but Natsu and Happy could not hear her.

"What? I can't hear a word you are saying." Natsu complained.

"She says Morana walked off and I'm staying in here and out of that blizzard." Horologium shared.

"Damn it! She walked off!" Natsu freaked out but then calmed down as he looked to where Morana went off to. "All well, why did you tag along?"

"Because I didn't know where Macao was! If I had known it was a frozen wasteland I wouldn't have come! She shouts." Horologium states.

"You should have asked that before you came with us. Macao took on a job to defeat Volcan, it's a giant monster." Natsu explains. Lucy sat terrified at what Natsu shared.

"What?! I want to go home! She cries frightfully." Horologium said. Natsu turns around and heads off with Happy right behind.

"Well be my guess, I say back," Natsu grumbled.

"Aye!"

It wasn't long before Natsu, Happy, and Lucy were searching through the blizzard for their guild mate. Morana was nowhere in sight and Natsu didn't seem bothered to find her. Lucy on the other hand was complaining left and right about her situation.

"Macao! Where are you?!" Natsu shouted. A presence shot toward Natsu and Happy and attempted to attack from behind. With quick reflexes, Natsu managed to dodge it. It was a giant Volcan, which looked like a winter monkey.

"That's a big Volcan.." Happy pointed out.

"Hey! Where's Macao?!" Natsu shouted. The Monkey sniffed the air and turned towards Lucy.

"Hey! Listen when I'm talking to you?!" Natsu shouted as the Volcan ran off towards the blond and smiled excitedly at her.

"Me like women." The Volcan grinned as Lucy seemed terrified. Without hesitation, the Monkey picked up Horologium and ran off. Natsu was right behind as well. The poor blond was screaming the entire way.

Lucy found herself in an ice cave as the Monkey was dancing all around her. It watched with a creepy smile and what appears to be hearts for eyes? She didn't know why, but she knew she wanted out of there. After a few minutes of this, Horologium started to glow as he returned to the celestial spirit world, leaving Lucy behind.

"Horologium?! Where are you going?! Come back?!" Lucy cried out.

"Sorry, but my time is up!" Horologium said as he disappeared. Lucy sat terrified as the monkey loomed over her.

"Give me an extension!!" Lucy shouted. Pounding footsteps were heard as Lucy looked behind the monster to see Natsu running towards her. "Natsu!"

"Hey! Where's my friend Macao!!" The fire dragon demands. He slipped on the ice-covered floor and slid right into a wall passing the monster and Lucy. Thankfully he was close enough that Lucy could run behind him for cover. The Volcan glared at Natsu, annoyed as he listened to what the pink man had to say.

"I don't think talking to him is the right thing Natsu," Lucy said unsure as she watched the pyro speak.

"Where's Macao?!" Natsu asked once more. The Volcan gave a thoughtful expression before excitedly pointing in a direction. "Wait! I think he's gonna show us where Macao is?!"

"You're just gonna trust his words?!" Lucy shouted. The blond watched the stupidity of the fire mage leaning out a small opening of the cave before the Volcan pushed him out. "I should have seen that one coming" Lucy whines. The Volcan returned his attention to Lucy who pushed herself against the ice cave walls.

"Pretty Woman." The Volcan said.

"Ice Dragon Frozen Fist!" A shout echoed out as a blur slammed into the monkey. It wasn't enough to stop the Volcan but it definitely sent him flying across the ice cave.

"Morana!" Lucy gasped as she saw the woman standing in front of her.

"Lucy, are you alright? You're not hurt?" Morana asked as she checked the woman over.

"I'm fine! It's Natsu! The Volcan pushed him out the opening in the cave!" Lucy pointed to the opening as Morana peered out of it.

"That idiot...He'll live." Morana scoffed.

"Why aren't you worried?!" Lucy shouted.

"He's a dragon slayer...and annoying as hell." The ice dragon returned her attention to the blond. "It's hard to kill him." Lucy stood in shock and fear at the woman.

"Ice monster!" The Volcan recovered from the attack and glared at Morana.

"This is my home and you are intruding." Morana cracked her knuckles as she stood in front of Lucy. "You're a celestial wizard right?"

"Um yeah..."

"Good, pull out a strong spirit...I need your assistance."

"Right!" Lucy nods her head as she pulls out a golden key. "Open gate of the Golden Bull! Taurus!" A giant bull, with the body of a strong man and the head of a bull, appeared from the celestial world.

"Mooo! What an utter pleasure to serve you Miss Lucy." the bull said as he held a giant ax over his shoulder. The bull caught sight of Morana and hearts appeared in his eyes. "Mooo! What is this?! What a beautiful bod you have."

"A perverted cow? That's your strongest spirit?" Morana asked, confused as she glanced at Lucy. The blond just sighed.

"He is..."

"Very well, I can work with it," Morana said.

"Taurus! Help Morana fight that Monkey!" Lucy shouts.

"Mooo! Getting to fight with a woman like that?! Must be a dream commmoooo true." Taurus said. "Why not afterward I get a smooooch from the both of you."

"If you do good I just might," Morana smirked as Lucy saw the iridescent look on her skin shimmer.

"No touch my women." The Vulcan glared at the cow.

"Your women? Them fightin' words Moooookey." Taurus declared.

"I'm surrounded by perverts..." Morana sighed. "Taurus let's go! Swing at me!"

Taurus drew back his ax and swung hard at Morana. The ice dragon timed it perfectly as she jumped up and was shot toward the Monkey by Taurus' ax.

"Ice Dragon Freezing Talon!" With her black boot covered in jagged sharp ice, she attempted to kick the monkey. Yet the monkey quickly dodged as he ran around the fighter to Taurus.

"Wow! He's fast!" Lucy shouted.

"Not fast enough," Morana growled as she slammed her hand on the ground and swiped across it shooting out ice spikes towards the monkey. Taurus dodged the ice attack as did the monkey. However, someone else joined the fight. That someone was Natsu who had kicked Taurus across the cave and knocked him out cold.

"You idiot! That was a friend!" Morana and Lucy shouted as they glared at the pyromaniac.

"Wait? He was a friend?" Natsu looked at the monkey.

"No, you idiot! The bull! Not the stupid monkey!" Morana stormed over to the fire dragon and grabbed his vest. "Do you not have a fucking brain?!"

"Who, you callin' an idiot!? I do too have a brain!" Natsu shouted.

"The way I see it you don't!" Morana growled.

"Are you two seriously going to fight at a time like this?!" Lucy shouted.

"Aye! This is normal for these two. Natsu normally does something stupid and it makes Morana mad! It's like they say fire and ice don't mix." Happy added.

"Happy! When did you get here?" Lucy gasped.

"I went to get Natsu!" Happy pointed out. The two watched as the two dragons were pulling at each other before rolling across the iced floor in a wrestle.

"You have got to be kidding me..." Lucy sighs.

While the two dragons were rolling across the ground the monkey took the opportunity to attack. "My woman!"

"Fuck off!" Morana and Natsu shouted as they swung their fists in total sync. The monkey was sent flying as the two straightened up.

"This isn't over! I demand a rematch!" Natsu shouted as he lifted his arm in the air.

"You won't even last a second, flames for brains. Need I remind you are in my home..." Morana smirked as she cracked her knuckles.

"I want a fair playing field! We fight at the guildhall!" Natsu declared.

"Whatever makes you happy..." Morana sighs. "Let's just focus on pulverizing this monkey and finding Macao."

"Now you're talkin'! I'm all fired up now!" Natsu shouted. The monkey recovered quickly as he slammed his giant monkey fists to the ground. Ice spikes fell from the ceiling. Morana rushed towards him only to quickly stop. She immediately bent backward to avoid an incoming attack.

"He found Taurus' ax!" Lucy cried out.

"Miss Lucy...please be careful." A dizzy Taurus mumbled. The blond was shaking her spirit to go back to the spirit world as Natsu jumped over Morana.

"Hey! Over here Monkey head!" Natsu shouted as he tried kicking the monkey in the head.

"Don't get too cocky Natsu!" Morana shouted as she quickly readjusted and rushed at the monkey from low to the ground. Together the two started attacking. It was clear that they were easily overwhelming the Vulcan with their unpredictable fighting. Where Natsu went, Morana was sure to cover from a different angle. When Morana attacked, Natsu was sure to pack some heat. Lucy stood in awe at the way the two mages fought.

"Alright, you monkey! You listen up! My guild is my friends! Gramps and Mira! Even Gray and Elfman. I even consider Lucy and Morana as my friends too!" Natsu spoke. His words caught Morana off guard as she ducked from the swinging ax. "That means Macao is my friend too! So give it up and tell me where he is! Cause I ain't leaving without him!"

Being down to the ground, Morana was distracted by Natsu's words. She never thought Natsu would consider her as his friend, but he did. Distraction is never a good thing when you are in a fight. The monkey saw that Morana was open and swung the ax right down on her.

"Morana!" Lucy and Happy shouted. The ax never hit her, instead, it was caught by Natsu with his bare hands.

"That's not cool man!" Natsu grunted as he stood above Morana while withstanding the pressure the monkey was putting on the ax.

"Natsu.." Morana whispered. Then a gasp left her lifts. She was quick to spin around to gain momentum before landing an attack on the monkey. "Ice Dragon Freezing Talon!" The monkey was sent flying across the cave and with luck, Natsu kept the ax from the monkey.

"Nice work Morana!" Natsu smiled as he dropped the ax.

"Yeah...thanks.." Morana looked at the fire dragon confused before returning her attention to the fight. The four of them looked at the monkey who looked defeated.

"Where's Macao!" Natsu demanded from the Volcan.

"Um...Natsu...I don't think he's gonna talk." Lucy deadpans. She was right, however, that didn't mean the Volcan was out of the question. Seconds later the monkey glowed brightly as it pixelated into an adult male.

"What the heck was that?" Natsu shouted, his eyes widened as he recognized who the man was. "Macao?!"

"So Volcan take over magic...really does work..." Morana mumbled.

"Wait! You mean to say that the big perverted monkey was your friend all this time!" Lucy shouted.

"Aye, he must have been taken over by that Volcan." Happy explained.

"What do you mean taken over?" Lucy asked

"It's a possession spell. These monsters live by taking over a person's body and using the host to supply energy. They are like body thieves." Morana interjected and explained.

"Aye! They are evil!" Happy added.

"And to think that it got Macao.." Lucy mumbled.

With help, the four of them were able to patch up the unconscious Macao. Morana had remained silent as she watched from a bit further away. Lucy had helped her bandage the man up with the supplies Natsu carries.

"Damn it! Macao! Don't die on me! Don't give up! Romeo is waiting for you!" Natsu shouted.

"He's not going to die, Natsu. A spell like that has a high survival rate." Morana rolled her eyes as she picked up a piece of ice and began munching on it. Slowly Macao stirred awake, before opening his eyes.

"Natsu.." Macao groaned.

"You're ok?!" Natsu sighed in relief. Even Lucy smiled as she saw that the man was alright.

"Even Morana? Man...I'm pathetic...I defeated 19 of those brutes. But the twentieth...that's the one that kicked my ass. I'm so angry with myself. How could I face Romeo like this..." Macao covered his face with his hand.

"Quit your whining...You stopped 19 monsters, you did your job. Don't be too hard on yourself. Romeo will still love you even if you stopped only one." Morana said. She was sitting with her legs crossed as she looked down at the ground. There was a hard look on her face as everyone glanced over at her.

"Aye! No matter what, you still did your best!" Happy jumped up.

"Yeah! Don't be too hard on yourself! 19 is better than none!" Natsu stood up and he offered the man his hand. Macao smiled as he took it. Lucy on the other hand sat shocked by the fact that Macao took on 19 of those monkeys.

"Now let's go home!" Natsu smiled. Morana watched the fire dragon, still confused by the fact that Natsu called her his friend. It felt nice to the ice dragon to hear it but to believe it. That was another thing.

***

The sun was setting by the time everyone got back to Magnolia. Lucy had returned Morana her winter coat and walked beside her. It was clear to the blond that there was something off with the ice dragon. She wasn't like the rest, but Morana was also still new to the Fairy Tail guild much like herself.

Glancing at the ice dragon whose attention was on Natsu, Happy, and Macao. The two males were chatting away together. It was like Morana was in her own little world as she observed them.

"Hey..you ok?" Lucy gently nudged the woman.

Shaken out of her thoughts, Morana turned to the blond, "Oh..yeah I'm fine..."

"They're amazing aren't they?" Lucy smiled.

"Yeah...they are..you haven't met all of them yet." Morana sighs as she looks down. "Why did you want to join this guild?" The ice dragon's question caught Lucy off guard.

"Oh! Well, you see! I have heard so much about this guild. And I'll admit, at first, I wanted to join because it was so popular. But now I see how they really are. I want to be a part of that as well." Lucy had a genuine smile on her lips as she looked at the ice dragon.

"You really want to be a part of this?" Morana asked shocked, by the blond's honesty.

"Well, who wouldn't!"

"Hey, Romeo!" Natsu shouted, catching the female's attention. Just head sitting on a staircase was Romeo. The little boy gasped when he saw his father and the dragons. "Look who I found!"

"Dad!" Romeo bulldozed his father to the ground as his eyes filled with tears. Lucy jumped in shock as a fond smile pulled Morana's lips.

"I'm so sorry Dad!" Romeo cried.

"No...I'm sorry for making you worry." Macao said, comforting his son.

"I'll take it! I'll take it 'cause I'm a wizard's son!" Romeo cried.

"The next time those bullies pick on you here's what I want you to say.." Macao said. Morana nodded her head as she turned on her heel and walked off. Natsu wasn't too far behind as he hurried to catch up to her. Happy right by his side. Lucy was quick to join the group with a smile.

"Can your old man defeat 19 monsters all by himself? Cause' mine can." Macao told his son. Romeo had the biggest smile on his lips as he stared at his father.

"Natsu! Happy! Morana! Thanks for your help!" Romeo called out to them. Natsu and Happy had turned around and waved at the kid while Morana simply had a smile. Her hands were stuffed into her pockets as she kept heading toward the guild. She'll admit, she felt good helping out. It was something she didn't do often and the reward was great.

"Lucy! Thank you for bringing my daddy back to me!" Romeo called out. The blond blushed as she turned around and waved at the kid. Macao could be seen holding up the fairy tail sign with his hand. It was a great day indeed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289 0 27
This is a story of a new member of Fairy Tail. One day a girl in a cloak walked in and asked to see the master. No one knows her identity. Who is she...
202K 4.1K 23
╰┈➤┆(𝐘/𝐍) (𝐋/𝐍) is one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet. She looks more innocent than mirajane. But behind that sweet smile is a butt kicki...
918 27 25
Cassidy and Terrwyn Ryu were two sisters who joined Fairy Tail not long after Natsu. A few years later, they were promoted to S-Class and disappeared...
372K 10.3K 60
The seven-year gap changed everything. Fairy Tail is mocked by the townspeople, Guilds now fight for power titles, And an innocent little fairy that...