Meeting the Marauders

By silentbynature

Ariana Rebecca Dumbledore is the only child of Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts. After being expelled... More

New and Old Friends
The Sorting
Playing With Fire
Practice
The Whomping Willow
Tryouts
From Cuddling To Skipping
The Results
The Surprise
The First Game
The After Party
My Book
What Happens in the Forest Stays in the Forest
Through Someone Else's Eyes
It's All Because I had Breakfast with the Slytherins
A Practice to Remember
My Guard Kitten
James' Proposal
Dating James
Lily's Temper
Kissing Practice
The Mysterious Owl
Meeting Up At Hogsmeade
A Date With James
Hallows Eve
IMPORTANT
The Halloween Scare
The Tragic Game
Fuzzy
Saved By Him
That Smell
Our Spot
The Truth Comes Out
The Prophecy
Not Kitten, Lion Protector
Back on the Field
I Don't Need
Don't Touch Hot Things
The Headmaster's Office
Being Strong
Scared to Death
As Time Goes On
Dinner With The Potter's
Break Begins
Petunia- The Holiday Ruiner
Christmas Morning
Befriending the Wrong One
To Save Him
Something Special
Ghostly Hour
The Consequences of Playing With a Werefolf
Who I Would Choose
The OWLs Begin
The Last of OWLs
You Don't Know How Sorry I Am
Saying Goodbyes
The Next Book!

Classes

87.1K 2.4K 2.8K
By silentbynature

Chapter 4: Classes
-Bex p.o.v.-

I followed Lily as she pulled me off to Transfiguration. I had to deal with Transfiguration first thing in the morning? Yeah that's not going to work well, I'll probably get my first detention.

Minnie made us all stand on the sides of the class room and wait until everyone arrived before giving us out assigned seats.

"Black, Dumbledore, Evans, Johnson, Lupin, McKinnon, Potter, Quincy, Snape, Pettigrew, Prewett, Yaxley," she went on calling people's names and placing them in certain spots.

I ended up sitting next to Sirius. The course started and she began explaining some rules. Something about being careful, another thing about paying attention when doing magic, she mentioned something about dangerous, another something to do with animagus. She went on talking and talking.

I zoned out about two minutes into her speech and just sat there playing with a rubber band that I had around my wrist. Twisting the band it ended up flying out of my hand and going over to my left.

I glanced over and saw Sirius holding his eye in pain. Slapping a hand over my mouth so I wouldn't laugh out loud, I looked up at him.

"Are you okay?" I inquired once I regained my composure.

"Do I look okay?" He hissed under his breath, "I was just hit in the eye with a rubber band!"

"Woah, calm down there, where did the band go?" I shrugged off his pain and glanced around me, searching for the band.

He bent down at his side and picked up my rubber band. Handing it to me with a glare, he muttered something under his breath I couldn't hear.

"Thanks, and sorry about your eye," I grinned. He growled slightly and turned away. I shrugged my shoulders at him and continued to zone out.

I was brought back when the bell rang signaling class to be over. I stood and headed for the door with Lily and the other girls. We all went off for Charms together.

Again I zoned out in that class. The second he told us we could sit I zoned out. But of course I was sitting next to Sirius again. Didn't anyone in this school have a surname that started with C?

I was forced out of my thoughts when Flitwick asked me to do the charm he was just talking about. Glancing up at the board I saw it was a simple levitating spell. I nodded and turned to Sirius, "wingardium leviosa." Sirius began floating around the room wherever my wand lead him.

"I was just asking you to do it on a textbook but I guess that is fine too, 10 points to Griffindor. Please return Mr. Black to his seat." I shrugged and dropped Sirius into his seat again. He glared at me again and returned to passing notes with James.

When that class was over we all went to lunch. Sitting in the same spot as breakfast I was soon attacked by a happy Liam.

"Bex! Guess what! I saw a unicorn in Care of Magical Creatures today! It was so cool," Liam climbed onto my lap and grabbed a few grapes.

"Oh really? And what did you learn?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at him curiously.

"That their blood is magical, if you drink it then you can stay alive if you were on the verge of death. But only desperate people drink unicorn blood because there is nothing worse than that." He explained with wide eyes.

"Nice, and in Potions?" I asked.

"The Draught of Living Dead." He answered with an unenthusiastic shrug.

"I remember having to learn about that in my first year," I nodded. "Pretty boring since you aren't allowed to brew it. You hungry?"

"Sorta." He shrugged but grabbed some crisps as the boys sat around us.

"Hello Bex," Remus spoke, smiling in greeting.

"Hi Remus, how's your hand?" I asked referring to this morning.

"It's fine, nothing to worry about." He smiled, giving me an assuring look.

"You sure?" I questioned, frowning.

He nodded. "Of course. You know, it was quite interesting. Can you do any of the other elements?"

"Umm well when you are young and cannot control your powers, you can do all of them, but as you get older your body starts to favor one element and all sense of how to manipulate the other elements disappears, leaving you with only one." I explained in a small voice, looking anywhere but at the people sitting around me.

"Which ones could you do when you were younger?" Remus scooted closer, trying to make eye contact.

"I did all of them." I spoke, glancing up but quickly looking away guiltily.

Lily turned to me and patted my hand in a reassuring way. "It's fine now, it's all over."

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking." Remus inquired softly, politely.

"No, it's fine. Uh when I was younger, some girls had started picking on me and Lily because we were hanging out with Severus." I looked towards Lily she nodded, signaling me to continue. "Well one girl pushed Lily and caused her to start crying. So I started getting mad. It wasn't like a young wizard losing control, it was much worse. The ground started shaking and that itself caused those girls to start crying. But remember this morning when I said I lose control of my body and I do things I can't remember?"

"Yes," Remus nodded. The others watched me intently, listening to my story.

"Well that's what happened. I lost control and my powers took over, when I woke up from the daze Lily had to explain all of this to me. She said that my whole body caught fire, I was ablaze and shooting fire every where. The fire left my hands but wind took its place. One girl got sucked up in the small tornado and thrown on the other side of the playground. The wind changed to water and I shot gallons of water at another girl. She flew back and lay knocked out in a puddle of water. The last girl, the one who pushed Lily, she was sucked down into the earth leaving only her head sticking out of the ground." I looked up and was met by very surprised faces.

"Remind me never to make her mad." James muttered to Sirius, staring at me hesitantly.

Remus shot them a look and turned to me, "what a horrible experience."

"For those girls." I said, looking away.

"For you all, Lily had to see it, you had to live it and those girls had it done on them." Marlene explained what Remus meant, patting my arm.

"I didn't remember a thing of it." I shrugged.

"You still had to go through it." Alice said softly.

"So how do you figure fire is the element that stuck with you?" Remus changed the subject, continuing his curious interrogation.

"Fire was my first element, it's always the first one that stays. When a child is born and their eyes are an abnormal color you can tell they are going to have a power." I spoke.

"And what color were yours?" Sirius asked, finally speaking up.

"Golden." I answered and took a bite of macaroni.

"Wow, that seems pretty." Marlene spoke with a soft smile.

I shrugged and looked down at Liam, as he was still on my lap. He smiled and snuggled into me. Soon after that, the bell rang signaling lunch over and it was time for next class. Liam grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "Come on, lets go outside!" I waved at the others and let Liam pull me away. "I saw a tree from when we got out of the boats and I thought we could climb it." He explained and lead me to a beech tree by the lake shore.

I smiled at the fact that this was the tree I always climbed when I was younger. He let go of my hand and began to climb. When he stopped and settled on a branch I began climbing after him. Settling on the branch under him I smiled up at him and he smiled down at me.

"What's your favorite color?" He questioned, starting a game of twenty questions.

"Emerald green." I smiled up at him.

"Like your eyes." He smiled at the bright sky, "mine's blue."

"How about favorite animal?" I asked, watching him stare at the sky.

"Bear," he grinned, glancing back down at me.

You laughed and nodded. "Barking squirrel."

"That's an animal?" He asked confused, narrowing his eyes in question.

"Yeah I read about it in muggle school, these guys were exploring the states and they saw these animals that started barking like a dog but looked like a squirrel. Turns out it was a prairie dog but they called it a barking squirrel." I began to grin as I explained it.

"That's silly!" He giggled and asked my favorite food.

"Chocolate," I answered in a heartbeat.

"That's not a food," he rolled his eyes playfully. The grin hadn't left his lips since we first came out, it made me smile just watching him be happy.

"We can eat it right? It's food." I smirked as I outsmarted his simple definitions.

"It's a dessert," he protested, not giving up so easily.

"Dessert is still food." I argued back, laughing lightly. We continued on asking each other questions until the bell rang and I went for Potions.

The afternoon classes continued on like morning classes. Boring. I barely paid attention to anything and zoned out.

I began thinking about Liam and wondering why he had stuck to me so fast. Sure, I liked him and liked being around him but why did he pick me? Was it because I saved him or did he generally like my company. Whatever the reason I decided he was to become my new little brother. I would watch over him and take care of him, I would make sure no harm came to him. Leaving Herbology with a new sense of satisfaction, I smirked to myself. Liam was now mine, and I would not let him go or let him be treated badly. If anyone messed with him they would have to go through me.

I went to diner and pulled Liam close to me, he grinned at me and went back to eating. "How was your first day of classes?" I asked starting conversation.

"Great! I got to use my new wand in Charms but in Transfiguration all we did was listen to the rules Professor McGonagall told us. She said if we didn't follow the rules then we wouldn't get to use magic in her class." Liam explained with a sense of urgency, frowning as he talked about not being able to use magic.

"I know, pretty harsh, huh?" I smiled softly at him.

"Well she said we could hurt someone if we didn't follow her rules so I guess they're okay." He shrugged, his frown lightening.

The girls giggled, telling Liam there would be worse things at Hogwarts than rules. I laughed along with them and we continued to talk about our days.

By the time it was time for bed I was ready to pass out, it had been a long day, at least tomorrow was Friday. I thought happily as I fell asleep.

------------

The first day of classes! Haha what do you all think? Comment, vote, share, follow, etc. thanks!

*EDITED*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 6K 33
All Alanna Harpshire wants is to finish her schooling years with good grades and a few great friends. She has everything planned out and knows exactl...
393K 8K 28
Delaney Black. The daughter of non other than Sirius Black. This year she goes to Hogwarts and discovers things about her father, herself and her fam...
39.7K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
2.1K 35 9
Just some fanfic and oneshots of the Marauders! Hope you enjoy, and please leave comments and constructive feedback! [All characters belong to JK Row...