√ | i hate you, 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥...

By sadessinks

BOOK 2/3 of The Rekindling Hearts series. [ description ] ⤷ Ashley and rachel known each other for p... More

I HATE YOU
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
i. fresh tree hill air
ii. wild child
iii. fraternizing with the enemy
iv. collateral damage
v. game of thrones
vi. game of thrones ( part 2 )
vii. better me
viii. round one
ix. aren't you special
x. up all night
A C T II ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xi. weatherman
xii. weatherman ( part 2 )
xiii. lean on me
xiv. bird songs
xv. bird songs ( part 2 )
xvi. the aftermath
xvii. the aftermath (part 2)
xviii. jay, platonic love of my life
xix. lavender haze
xx. new rules
A C T III ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxi. new era
xxii. elephant in the room
xxiii. stolen test answers
xxiv. home sweet home
xxv. house party
xxvi. always, i'll care
xxviii. night terrors
xxix. what you mean to me
xxx. till then . . . tree hill
THANK YOU
BOOK THREE

xxvii. rage before prom

99 12 0
By sadessinks

________________________________________

I HATE YOU
:: xxvii. | rage before prom

Everyone continued to stand there, as Peyton brought her fist down by her side. She then turned around, pushing through the crowd, heading towards the door. Chad followed behind and called out to her. As he was just about to approach her, his phone went off. He pulled it out and saw the now five messages from his mom.

Ashely approached him, glancing down at his phone.

"I'll pick them up. Go after Peyton."

He reached in his pocket for his keys, then handing it to her with a quick smile. He soon ran out the door with Ashely watching him. Just as she was about to head out as well, Brooke approached her with a light tap on her shoulder,

"You have to talk to her ash."

At the sound of her voice, Ashely faced Brooke. She didn't know why but she was genuinely mad for her friend.

"And say what?" Her tone grew, "You gave her shit about Lucas when you did the same thing."

"Nathan and her weren't together." Brooke shook her head.

"That doesn't matter." A sigh escaped Ashely's lips, "I know what Luke and Peyton did hurt you but she was honest with you, Brooke and you couldn't give her the same respect. Talk about hypocrisy."

Ashley turned on her heels and resumed to head out the front door. Just when she does, she notices her brother standing in the driveway. She assumed Peyton just bolted, not waiting for Chad or anyone. She got in Chad's car, started the engine and drove up next to him, hoping he get in.

He opened the door and sat on the passenger's side. With the car still running, Ashely just looked to him — waiting for something to come out of his mouth.

"Let's just get the parents." He softly mumbled.

Ashely took her foot off the brake and began to drive to the airport. She felt really bad about the whole situation. Peyton, Brooke — she didn't know what to do to help make the situation better. Now her brother was upset and they were on their way to get their parents? Seems like Ashely didn't miss a beat.

• • •

The two arrived at the airport finally, parking in the garage. Ashely turned the car off. She stayed and buckled as her brother was unbuckling. He looked towards her as he opened the door, realizing she wasn't moving like she was getting out as well.

"You're not coming?"

She shook her head, "I'll be here."

And with that, he exited the car and shut the door before heading into the airport. He went and met his parents at the baggage claim. They already had their bags with them, so fortunately there was no hassle with that. He greeted his parents and they soon began their way to the car.

As they were exiting the airport, he informed them that Ashely was waiting in the car. They didn't need to say anything for him to know that they weren't happy about that. They thought that she was at school and knowing that it's near the end of the semester and she's here and not in England, did not sit right with their parents.

Once they approached the car, Chad lightly knocked on the window and Ashely unlocked the car. Everyone got in, parents in the backseat and Chad in the passenger.

"Mom. Dad." Ashely greeted them as Chad's door closed.

"We'll have a talk when we get home." Was all that was said from her father. She knew she was expecting a hurricane and Chad knew he had to be there for her.

And so after a forty something minute drive, they most definitely had that talk. In the Donovan household, there was screaming, arguing, offensives — it was all around bad. Then Chad came clean about his non-college plans and his parents were over the roof. They blamed Ashely for Chad's decision and just like every time, he defended her. It was always war in that house, the siblings versus their parents.

Soon enough they all called it quits and headed to bed. All were angry and they already had enough drama going on in their social lives, they didn't need it from their family either but you get what you get.

• • •

It was another apology tour but Nathan was doing the apologies, not Brooke. She felt as if she wasn't in the wrong which pissed certain people off the most other than him and her sleeping together.

The first place he stopped by was of course Brooke's. He returned the tape and whatnot before heading to the next person on his list which was Chad. He didn't know why but he felt as if he owed him one too. But Chad wasn't home, meaning Ashely answered. Chad was at his girlfriend's place, consoling her.

"Hey." Peyton called out to Chad, "Which one?" She held up two prom dresses, one red and the other white.

He pointed, "I like the red."

"It's brooke's." She spoke coldly, tossing it behind her. Peyton  then hung her dress up on her closet door using the hanger. She then went and sat in the chair in front of her desk.

Chad sat on the edge of her bed, just staring at her. He didn't know what to say, he didn't know how to make the situation better. So he began to speak out his ass and see how far that would get him.

He finally parted his lips about to speak, "Can't wait for tonight. It's gonna be great, huh?"

"Hm."

He sighed, "I'm trying to be here for you peyton. I don't know what to say anymore."

"Then you can just go." She blurted out, "I'm not going to prom anyway."

"What?" He stood up abruptly.

"You can go by yourself."

He began to head to her bedroom door, "I know you're going to look beautiful tonight. I'll be here by seven." Chad left her room and downstairs, out the front door. As he began to his car, he ran into Nathan who had been looking for him. Nathan didn't need to say anything, Chad already knew, "No need."

So the musician went on his way and the basketball player, went on his way up to Peyton.

He walked up the stairs and knocked on her door before coming in,

"How are you?"

She spun around in her chair, facing him, "I'm you three years ago, I don't care."

He leaned on the doorframe, "And that's what makes us so different. You do care, Peyton. You always cared."

"If I do care, then why aren't I going to prom?"

He began to approach her, "Because you're hurt. But i know you very well to know that you do want to go to prom. You couldn't leave Chad hanging like that." He continued, "And it's a one in a lifetime experience. I know you wouldn't miss that." He gave her a pat on the shoulder and a light smile before leaving her house as well.

She knew he was right. She knew she wanted to go, she was just so angry but she was willingly to cool it for the night just to be with her friends and dance with the guy she loves.

• • •

It eventually got dark and everyone was finishing up getting ready for the night but Ashely on the other hand, she was a sitting duck. All her friends were going to prom but she had already graduated the year before. So how she going to seize the night?

As she began to think of all the ways she could spend her night, a head peeked in after a light knock on her door.

"Heading out." Chad furrowed his brows, "You good?"

She nodded with a smile, "Have fun."

He gave her one last smile before closing her door back and heading out. She heard the front door open and close. She heard him get in his car and drive off, ready to seize the night as well. She hoped even with all the bullshit going on that everyone had a good time, even Brooke.

As she finally decided to stay in and watch movies, a truck honked outside. She rushed to the window and immediately recognized it, even though the street lights were dim.

Ashely rushed downstairs and out the door, she approached the car with a bit of swag to her step — trying to act as normal and cool as possible.

The window was rolled down on the passenger's side, "Get in."

She didn't even hesitate. She got in and closed the door. She commented as she buckled up, "Can't believe you remember where I live."

He looked her way, "It's been a month, not a decade."

The two continued to share a look with each other before bursting into laughter. As the laughter continued to fill the truck, July took it out of park and into drive. His foot slowly pressing the accelerator as Ashely rolled the window back down, now feeling the light breeze seeping through the night.

to be continued . . .

a/n:
three chapters left you guys )):

PLSSS COMMENT
UR FEEDBACK OF
THIS CHAPTER OR
THOUGHTS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600K 20.5K 124
Parker Taylor and Brooke Davis find themselves in a romantically entangled mess as they try to set each other up with other people. [Brooke Davis x...
227K 6.7K 77
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.4K 73 10
Audrey Hope, your average rich girl. Or so she may come off. When the Krane Family moves to New York juicy secrets and entertaining lies get exposed...
45.7K 1.3K 40
a story of two girls who kindle a flame during summer break