A Second Chance(Demon Slayer...

By prideful_sloth

In this world, they're two types of men. Men who women love and other men want to be, and men who no woman w... More

Characters Pictures
Harem
Prologue I (a loser's life)
Prologue II (meeting god)
Family's Blood
In Trouble
Kiss Night
Argument
Bring it on!!
Training Begins
Time Flies Quick
Final Selection
The Taste of Success
Shinobu's Offer
In the Butterfly Mansion
A man worthy of you
Till Next Time
First Body
The Hashira Meeting
Off To Kanae's
Return of the Prodigy
Distance
Sparked Attraction
Temptation
Love Me Too
The Pathetic Man
Flowers Change
Dependent
Wheels Turning
Challenge
Tamayo's house
See you again
Last Battle
Interesting Choice
It's Over
Days Later
Back to me
Appointment
Over the years.
After 4 years
Trial
Trial (II)
Horizon
Kamado
Reunion with the Insect Hashira
Please help us!
Message Of Sorrow
See you in Yoshiwara.
Difficult Prey
Koinatsu Oiran
A Demon's Jealousy
Echoes Of Danger
Unveiling the Upper Moon
Duty and Desire

The Duel

572 17 4
By prideful_sloth

It was just about a few minutes till sunset. The winds breezed through, tamely swaying the trees side to side moving their leaves like cheerleaders. Looks like even nature was intrigued by the spectacle.

The spectators felt differently though. Master just wanted a change of pace for the Hashira meetings as something like this never happens.

Uzui and Rengoku were the only ones excited to witness this.

Sanemi,Giyu,Obanai and Mitsuri even though she was all smiles couldn't care less. This was a massive waste of time as the outcome was incredibly obvious.

Kanae on the other hand was on the brink of tears.

"Y/N-kun!!. You do not have to do this!!! This is pointless and you'll get hurt for no reason!! You cannot beat him!"

Even with all her begging and crying which was all in Y/N's interest and safety.

Y/N simply looked at her and smiled in response before returning his gaze back to his opponent.

"Why, Why don't you ever listen to me, always such a reckless child"

She dropped to her knees and simply cried even more. She couldn't say anything else to the boy.

"It's okay, Kocho. He'll be fine" Rengoku says smiling while Misturi simply patted her back.

* * * * * *

'Okay Y/N this is it. Just do your best' you thought.

"Boy,..." Said Gyomei bringing you out of your head.

"Why do you want this duel? If you love fighting they're thousands of demons to slay" he said.

You thought for a moment before answering.

"Demons don't cut it for me. I've killed so many demons that I have no room to improve my skills because they're all trash. But with you, I can gauge where I truly am, " you replied.

"I see, most impressive. I wish you luck, young man" he said.

'Wish me luck? Is he saying I'm no threat?  No. he's just trying to get in my head. Focus. He might be strong but I'm faster than him. I'll just bombard him with my speed. Easy.'

You got in position as you grabbed your sword hilt while Gyomei simply stood with weapons wrapped around his arm.

And finally…

"Begin." The master kicked off the duel.

You zapped through the air at blinding speed. Immediately at his chin you tried to knock him out using the back of your blade.

'Got him!'

Right before Gyomei with all hit, he disappeared.

'He dodged that one. It's fine, I'll just go faster'

Y/N gradually increased his speed making slashes after slashes but Gyomei was able to match his speed regardless.

He moved to different angles creating after images slashing and slashing at blinding speed, yet Gyomei seemed unfazed and calmly read his attacks.

"I see why he's a prodigy, he's Hashira level already but honestly…the boy's nothing special" said Obanai.

""He's very big and strong so I'll just overwhelm him with speed.'  How obvious. His attacks lack any forethought" Shinazugawa says.

"Despite Gyomei-San's height and weight he's currently the third fastest Hashira. Stupid Y/N." Says Kanroji.

You obviously couldn't hear them as you kept slashing and getting more frustrated at him dodging everything. The only thing you were focused on was offense.

Suddenly you felt something. You briefly looked to your side, no reason just instincts and…

*Boom!!!*

"Y/N-KUN!!!!"

"..."

"..."

"....ah!...What just ha…? What just hit me?"

You checked your body for bruises.

You didn't fully believe you were still alive.

You had no bruises or anything and suddenly you started to feel lower back pain.

You realized you had just been launched into a tree and the adrenaline was so high that the pain took so long to register.

You looked at your sword as it emitted smoke.

'I was in that much danger just then?' you thought, 

'This is…fun!!!' you slowly let out a wide grin.

You looked around and Gyomei was gone, again, instinctively you looked up and you saw the back of his shoes. Inches away above your face.

You swiftly moved out of the way. His dropping Impact created a dent on the ground making a smokescreen.

Out of nowhere, his flail ripped through launching at you full speed. But this time you were ready.

'Guess. I have no choice'

"Star breathing, fifth form" you braced your legs for the exchange. A technique you've never used for even a demon.

"Beserker!!!"

You launched yourself at Gyomei and the exchange that would take place in the next few seconds could only be described in one word. Disastrous.

The clash could be heard in a far distance. The ground were shaking as if it was an earthquake.

As he violently whips his chains around and they ripple their way up to you.

You moved around the trees, in sharp, snake like movements. Slightly dodging by a hair.

The moment you get your chance you zap towards him for the final hit only to be met with his ax.

But you can only hit and run for now.

The spectacle was incredible, even though they knew Hashiras and they should probably stop this. Nobody could walk in-between that. They all just watched with their jaw dropped until they heard a slash somebody got hurt.

"Omg!!" Yelled Mitsuri.

It was you. The side of your forehead had been gashed.

The rest were simply wide eyed and mouth opened.

Even though you were hurt, this time you were calm. It was excruciatingly painful and the blood was so much it was covering your eye. But you were calm. You could do it.

'Tch! It's fine! Its all good!Stick to your techniques, you'll get him this next exchange' you thought yourself.

"Son. I'll advise you to stop this. I respect you and you've proven yourself. That's enough" Gyomei said, even he was slightly breathing heavier.

As if his words were insignificant, you moved forward anyways. You jumped from tree to tree and took advantage of the narrowness of the terrain. 

He was like a bear hunting an ant. He tried and tried but you had become unreachable. Then suddenly…

"Star breathing, fourth form"

You appeared right behind him

"Star Slash!"

The spectators couldn't believe their eyes. It was as if in a dream. It was as if a star just shot past gyomei and the aftermath him bleeding.

Nobody had ever dueled Gyomei and made him bleed. Ever. Except now of course.

Silence engulfs and then cheers erupted.

"Y/N-KUN!!!!" Kanae yelled

"Yes! Yes!! That was Flashy, boy!!!" Uzui cheered.

"Fantastic!!! Utterly FANTASTIC!!! BECOME MY STUDENT!!!" yelled Rengoku.

"I don't believe it" Says Obanai

Sanemi kept quiet.

Gyomei looked at you with wide eyes. He was enraged beyond control and his pupils were basically gone. Not that they were ever there anyways. He dropped his weapons.

*POW!*

*Crack!*

"Shit! I went too far"

With a massive blow to your gut breaking multiple ribs and knocking you unconscious immediately. The duel was decided.

It was now sundown, the duel was over and Gyomei was indeed the Victor.

* * * * * *

"Has Onigawara arrived, mother?" Said a young looking boy as he stared down at the house his target resides in.

"No, son.  He appears to be running late." Says a young looking lady.

"Well it's sundown and we have our orders from him.  If he doesn't show up in the next five minutes we begin without him." He said.

"U-understood" she said reluctantly.

"Begin what? I think you chose the wrong venue sir" a voice came from behind them.

A/N- Hola👋! Ciao👋! Bonjour👋! Schedule gotten very tight lately and it's probably not freeing up soon. Story will have to take backseat. Of course it'll be regular but not as consistent as it used to be. Till next time. Ciao✌️✌️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 181 8
After getting split away from her friends during a crowded party, (Y/n) is saved by a mysterious person. Though the two cannot see each others faces...
11.9K 169 27
"The moon can't shine without the sun for it is a star and the moon is not, but the sun doesn't notice the moon left in the background, it is too foc...
33.8K 658 17
(Art and Anime do not belong to me!) (Demon Slayer X Reader) One word were in their minds. Escape. Freedom. Restart. They work hard and look out for...
154K 7K 73
Well this wasn't what I expected when I died. It's not the best but not the worst either. New goals for this life you may ask. 1. Survive 2. Save ev...