The Great War | Billy Hargrove

By accio_nicolette

"I vowed not to fight anymore if we survived the Great War." Isadora Jones was not the biggest fan of Billy... More

Introduction
Playlist
Graphics
Prologue
1 | The Project
2 | The Party
3 | Confrontations
4 | Truth or Dare
5 | Apologies
6 | Warnings
7 | Heartbreaks
8 | Mixed Messages
9 | Second Chances
10 | First Dates
11 | Making Things Official
12 | School Dance
13 | Missing Girl
14 | A New Friend
15 | Making Plans
16 | Girls Night
17 | Fixing Things
18 | A Need to Talk
19 | Truths Revealed
20 | Christmas Party
21 | A Christmas Surprise
22 | Graduation
24 | Summer Jobs
25 | Distractions
26 | Finding Billy
27 | The Sauna
28 | The Search for Answers
29 | Finding the Flayed
30 | Preparing for the Fight
31 | The Battle for Starcourt Mall
32 | Face Off
33 | Hospital Visits
34 | Aquarium Dates
35 | Goodbyes
36 | Pep Rally
37 | Finding Eddie
38 | Eddie's Truth
39 | The Search for Answers
40 | Saving Max
41 | The Creel House
42 | Finding Watergate
43 | The Upside Down
44 | Vecna's Truth
45 | Battle Plans
46 | Preparations
47 | Luring Vecna
48 | The Piggyback
49 | Aftermath
50 | The Beginning of the End

23 | Pool Party

153 4 0
By accio_nicolette

💔💔

I LOVE SUMMER

SUMMER WAS ISADORA'S FAVOURITE TIME OF YEAR.

Back when she had lived in California, summer had consisted of going to the beach with her friends and family, surfing, beach parties, spending time at the Santa Monica Pier and fireworks, but summer in Hawkins was entirely different. There were no beaches but when Steve had suggested a pool party, Isadora had jumped at the idea, and so all of the friends were gathered at the Harrington house for a party, some of the group talking and laughing while others swam. Meanwhile, Isadora sat by the water's edge, her feet swaying back and forth in the water as she watched her friends swimming.

"Watch out!" Jaxon Tyrell, one of their fellow classmates yelled, as he ran and jumped into the pool, sending a spray of water over Isadora, causing the blonde to gasp as the cold water hit her skin and she wiped water away from her face before glaring at Jaxon as he resurfaced.

"Jaxon, what the hell?" Isadora asked.

"I told you to watch out. It's not my fault you didn't move, Blondie," Jaxon retorted. Isadora rolled her eyes before turning her attention back to her conversation with Jacqueline, who was talking to Isadora about college plans.

"I can't believe you will be leaving Hawkins very soon. I'm gonna miss you, Jacquie," Isadora said.

"I know, I'm going to miss you too, Is. Have you made a decision yet about where you're going to go for college?" Jacqueline asked. Isadora looked towards Billy before looking back towards Jacqueline and nodding.

"Yeah, I've decided to go to Eastview College. It's still close enough to Hawkins that I can just drive to college when I have classes," Isadora smiled. As the two girls were talking, neither of them were paying attention to Jaxon, who was swimming towards Isadora. Billy looked over to where his girlfriend was laughing at something Jacqueline said and lowered his sunglasses as he noticed Jaxon swimming towards Isadora, and suddenly he grabbed Isadora's arm and pulled her into the water.

"Jaxon!" Isadora cried as she resurfaced and pushed her now wet, blonde hair out of her face and Billy bit his lip to stop himself from laughing as he saw the look on Isadora's face, "I didn't want to get my hair wet."

"Baby, you're at a pool party. How exactly were you planning on not getting your hair wet?" Billy asked her.

"I ... I don't know but I wasn't going to get my hair wet," Isadora retorted, as she made a face at the question before sending a splash of water in Jaxon's direction.

"Oh, it's on, Jones!" Jaxon cried before the two of them started splashing each other with water.

"Hey!" Ellie Hopper cried as she got caught in the crossfire between Isadora and Jaxon. Soon, a full-fledged water fight broke out and Billy watched on in amusement as Ellie and Jaxon teamed up against Isadora and Steve, whom had been convinced to join the water fight by Isadora.

"Okay, okay, you win!" Isadora finally called, as she realised she was completely soaked and her friends laughed before agreeing to the truce. Relieved, Isadora climbed out of the pool and walked over to grab her towel, and wrapped it around her waist before she sat down on the ground in front of the chair Billy was sitting on and leant against his legs, as he wrapped an arm around her and kissed the top of her head before he began massaging her shoulders.

"Here, I grabbed you a soda," Kendra said, as she walked over to join her friends and handed the soda can to Isadora before sitting down.

"Mm, thank you," Isadora smiled at her, as she opened the can and took a sip.

"So, have you decided on what you want to do now that we've graduated?" Kendra asked Isadora, who took another sip of her drink before shrugging.

"Well, I will be starting college classes at Eastview College in September because I got accepted to medical school to study nursing, but maybe I could look into getting a job for the summer," Isadora said, as she leant back against Billy, who momentarily stopped massaging her shoulders and listened as she talked about her plans now that they had graduated. A part of him always knew Isadora was going to go to college but he was a little surprised to hear that she would be starting college in September.

"You know, you could always become a lifeguard for the summer and work with me at the Hawkins Community Pool," Billy told her. Isadora nodded thoughtfully at her boyfriend's suggestion.

"Yeah, maybe," she said, before turning her attention back towards Kendra, making Billy frown, neither of them realising that Isadora later deciding not to become a lifeguard at Hawkins Community Pool would be one of the best and worst decisions of her life. As Billy went back to massaging her shoulders, Isadora went back to talking to Kendra, "I'm just glad that I don't have to move states for college. Luckily, the college I got into is close enough to Hawkins that I can just drive there whenever I have classes and the college I got into has all of the courses that I need."

"And you're still set on studying nursing?"

"Yes, nursing first and then eventually I want to become a surgeon. I still think I want to be a Paediatrics surgeon," Isadora said before taking another sip of her drink. As Billy listened, he moved some strands of Isadora's hair out of his way, so that he could massage her other shoulder but as he did, Billy noticed a faint scar on Isadora's shoulder and he frowned as he looked at it, wondering how he had never noticed the scar before.

"A Paediatrics surgeon sounds like such an awesome job but won't that mean long hours?" Kendra asked, as Steve came and sat down beside her.

"Who is going to be a Paediatric surgeon?"

"No one, yet. When I got to college at the end of summer, I will be going into medical school and studying to become a nurse and then hopefully one day I will become a Paediatric surgeon. And yes, it will probably be long hours, Kendra. I mean I will probably have to spend a lot of time at college studying and then I'll be going on job placements and I'm sure once I eventually get a job in nursing, it will probably mean long hours workings," Isadora shrugged. Billy listened carefully as she talked about the future, the horrifying realisation hitting him that Isadora was probably going to be away from home a lot more than he had expected.

"And you're still planning to find a job for the summer?" Steve asked, unaware that the group had been discussing summer jobs just a few moments earlier.

"Yes, and one that'll hopefully last after the summer. If I do keep a job after the summer, it will probably mean that I'll be at college and maybe work a lot though," Isadora said. Billy continued to massage her shoulders as he listened, wondering what it would mean for their relationship if Isadora wasn't going to be home very much. There was a small part of him that was scared he was going to lose her and as selfish as it was, that same small part of him didn't want her to go to college, not that he would ever tell Isadora that. As he was massaging her shoulder, his fingers brushed over the scar and he could feel a slight bump in her shoulder. Billy hesitated before he gently ran his fingers over the scar, but all of a sudden, Isadora flinched and moved away from him before she got up and walked over to where Ellie was talking to Dustin, Will, Lucas, Max, and her friend from California, all of whom had been invited by Steve. Billy watched as Isadora started talking to the younger teenagers and wondered what had just happened.

"What was that about?"

"I don't ... I don't really know. She flinched when I touched her," Billy said, as he watched Isadora laughing at something that had just been said.

"She flinched?" Kendra asked. Billy nodded but didn't say anything further. He didn't know why and he didn't know what it was, but there was some kind of instinct that was telling him not to say anything about the scar. As he looked over to where Isadora was standing, he realised the pretty blonde had quite a few secrets and he couldn't help wondering why she had a scar on her shoulder and why it made her flinch.

"Come on, just stand right here," Billy heard Ellie saying. He looked over to see her positioning Isadora right by the pool's edge and he raised an eyebrow as the blonde stood right where Ellie directed her to.

"I swear Ellie, if you're going to push —" Isadora was cut off as Jaxon walked up behind her, lifted her into his arms and then jumped into the pool and the two resurfaced, Isadora pushed her hair out of her face before glaring at Jaxon and Ellie.

"What the hell?" Isadora cried. Billy chuckled and shook his head as he watched Isadora get out of the pool and walked over to Ellie before she wrapped her arms around the younger brunette girl, making her squeal as she tried to push Isadora off.

"What are you two doing?" Max asked, as she walked over to where the two girls were standing.

"Nothing, I was just giving Ellie a hug," Isadora smiled sweetly before letting go of Ellie and walking back over to where Steve, Kendra and Billy were and wrapping a towel around herself before she sat down beside Billy, who wrapped an arm around his girlfriend and squeezed gently.

"I can't believe it's finally summer," Kendra smiled, as she lay back on her chair.

"I know, I love summer. It was always my favourite time of year in California. I remember back when I lived there, I used to spend summers on the beach surfing or hanging out with friends, going to the Santa Monica Pier, or going to parties with my friends. You know, I remember going to this one party where this one asshole spilt his drink all over me," Isadora said, as she leant back against Billy, who froze as he suddenly remembered the angry blonde girl whom he'd accidentally spilt his drink on.

"That — that was you?" Billy asked, making Isadora sit up before she turned to look at him.

"Wait ... what are you talking about? You were there?" Isadora asked him.

"Uh, yeah. I was the asshole who accidentally spilt their drink over you," Billy smiled sheepishly at her. Isadora furrowed her eyebrows together as she stared at her boyfriend before bursting into laughter.

"Is anyone else confused about what's going on?" Steve asked.

"What's so funny, Isa?" Kendra asked.

"Honestly? I remember seeing Billy at the party that night but we never really spoke, apart from when he told me to watch where I was going and called me a Princess. How come you were at that party? You didn't go to the same school as I did," Isadora said.

"One of my friends invited me," Billy shrugged.

"Oh, right," Isadora nodded.

"You used to go to parties in California?" Steve asked, as he looked towards Isadora, who shrugged before nodding.

"Yeah, I was a different person back in California, but I used to go to parties, but summer was about more than partying. I spent a lot more time at the beach hanging out with friends or surfing," Isadora said.

"You used to surf?" Billy asked her. Isadora nodded, as she looked over at her boyfriend and smiled.

"Yeah, I used to surf. We lived right by the beach and had ever since I was very young, so I learnt to surf pretty young and would spend hours surfing. My parents used to have to drag me out of the water so I wouldn't spend all day out there, although I would have loved to spend all day in the water. I would surf before school and after school, and would spend every weekend surfing," Isadora explained.

"I never imagined you would have surfed," Billy said.

"Yeah, my Dad taught me to surf when I was quite young so I grew up surfing. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm good at it, but I definitely enjoyed it," Isadora smiled.

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any more perfect, I find out you can also surf," Billy smirked before kissing her cheek. Isadora blushed before looking over to where their friends were and she nudged Billy.

"Come on, we should probably go and join everyone else," Isadora said. Billy nodded before they stood up and then Isadora, Steve, Billy and Kendra walked over to join the party. For the rest of the afternoon, the group enjoyed the party and the start of summer, all of them blissfully unaware of what the rest of the summer would bring.

💔💔

And this was the final chapter before the season three storyline begins.

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 6.4K 20
Your life in Hawkins was good although boring. One person managed to not only change that but also to make you feel things you didn't know were possi...
1.9M 46.9K 62
ใ€๏ปฟ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜๐—ผ๐—ป x ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ!๐˜ฐ๐˜ค ใ€‘ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ, Aven Hargrove was only seen and known as his twin, until a heartbroken boy pulled...
3.9K 68 16
Billy Hargrove doesn't care about anything or anyone. He just wants to live his life with no strings attached. Until a new girl moves to town that h...
1.1M 24.3K 67
"I got so many issues. Do you know that?" "You're just as troubled as me" In that moment I realized he and I were exactly alike. --- Billy Hargrov...