24 | Summer Jobs

💔💔

💔💔

A SUMMER JOB IS PART OF THE SUMMER FUN.

THE LAST MONTH HAD FLOWN PAST

And Isadora already felt like the summer was going by too fast, especially since it was nearly the Fourth of July, but Isadora had been spending most of the summer with her friends, although they'd all also been busy at their summer jobs while Isadora had been applying like crazy in hopes that she would find a job. Despite Billy offering for her to come and work as a lifeguard at Hawkins Community Pool, Isadora had decided she wanted to keep their jobs and relationships separate and ultimately upon Steve's suggestion, had applied for a job at the newly opened Starcourt Mall. Late yesterday afternoon, she had found out she had gotten the job and was starting work today, and so she was excited to tell Billy that she had gotten a job, but she was also praying that he wouldn't be upset with her for applying to a job Steve had suggested to her. As she was getting ready for work that morning, she heard a knock on her front door and she hurried downstairs to answer the door.

"Billy! You know you don't have to knock on the door, right? You're more than welcome to just walk inside. That's the whole reason why I gave you a key," Isadora said, as she opened the front door and smiled at her boyfriend, who smiled back at her before his face fell.

"You — you got a job?" Billy asked her, as he noticed the outfit she was wearing, the company logo on the left-hand side of the shirt an obvious giveaway.

"Oh, uh ... y-yeah. Steve recommended that I should apply to this place and I did. I ... I found out late yesterday that I got the job —" Isadora trailed off.

"Steve recommended this job to you? Isadora, I wanted to be the one to help you get a job. I put in a good word for you at the Hawkins Community Pool and you went running to Steve to help you get a job?"

"Come on, that's not fair. I didn't ask you to put in a good word for me at the community pool and I did not go running off to Steve, I —" Isadora said, but Billy cut her off.

"Well, from where I'm standing that's the way it seems, Isadora. I have to get to work," Billy said, before he turned and walked away from her house, and Isadora walked out onto the front porch.