41 | The Creel House

💔💔

💔💔

THIS PLACE IS CREEPY.

ISADORA SAT ON THE PORCH AND WRAPPED HER ARMS AROUND KNEES

It was rather late and everyone else was sleeping, but Isadora had found herself unable to sleep as she had yet another nightmare and she had decided maybe fresh air would help her sleep.

"Here you go, Love," Billy said, as he walked outside and wrapped a blanket around Isadora's shoulders. She looked over at him and smiled as he sat down beside her before handing her one of the mugs he'd brought outside with him and Isadora took it from him and took a sip before nodding.

"Mm, that's delicious, thank you."

"I saw you weren't in bed and figured you might need it. You couldn't sleep?" Billy asked. Isadora took another sip of the hot cocoa before shaking her head.

"No, I couldn't. You know, we were lucky today. If it wasn't for Beatrix, Nancy, Kendra and Robin figuring out that music could save Max, we would've lost her," Isadora said softly, as she tapped her fingers against the mug.

"How'd Ellie know Running Up That Hill would be the song that would save Max from Vecna?" Billy asked. Isadora looked down at her mug and hesitated, knowing she had promised Ellie that she wouldn't tell anyone the truth and she took a sip of her hot cocoa as she thought about how she was going to answer Billy's question. 

"Well, Ellie and Max are really close and spend a lot of time together, so I guess it does make sense that Ellie knows what Max's favourite song is," Isadora finally said, shrugging as she looked away from Billy and sighed softly, "I'm just glad it worked."

"Me too, Is," Billy said quietly. Isadora looked over at him before she took his hand in hers and squeezed gently.

"Hey, Max is okay. We saved her," Isadora told him.

"She's still cursed, Is, and until we figure out how to get rid of Vecna, she's in danger. I — I don't want to lose her," Billy told Isadora, who nodded and looked down at her mug, wondering how Billy would react if he knew that she was also cursed.