45 | Battle Plans

💔💔

💔💔

THIS TIME WE'LL BE PREPARED.

ISADORA WAS BEING UNUSUALLY QUIET

The group had returned to the Mayfield's place after escaping from the Upside Down but Isadora hadn't said a single word since escaping and Billy glanced over to where she was sitting, her hands laced together as she seemed to focus her attention on a spot on the ground in front of her.

"Are you okay, Is?" Billy asked her gently. For a few moments Isadora didn't respond before she finally glanced over at Billy and shrugged. She couldn't shake the memory of what she had seen; what Vecna had shown her had left her feeling completely shaken and as the group sat in the Mayfield's living room, Isadora tried her best not to think about seeing the lifeless bodies of the people she cared about in the vision Vecna had shown her.

"Y-yeah, I ..." Isadora trailed off as she looked down at her hands.

"Is?" Billy asked, as he handed her glass of water before sitting down beside her. Isadora took a sip of the water before she started explaining to her friends what she had seen.

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet, the most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins, downtown on fire, dead soldiers and this ... this giant creature with a gaping mouth, and this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters, an army and they were coming into Hawkins, into our neighbourhoods, our homes and then ... and then he showed me Robin, Nancy, Steve, Kendra, Beatrix, B-Billy, and you — you were all —" Isadora trailed off as she choked back her tears and tried not to think about seeing the lifeless bodies of her friends.

"Okay, but he was just trying to scare you, Is, right? I mean ... I mean, it's not real."

"At least not yet," Isadora mumbled, as she looked over at Billy and wiped her tears away before continuing, "But there was something else. He showed me gates, four gates, spreading across Hawkins and these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but they didn't stop growing and this wasn't the Upside Downs Hawkins. This was our Hawkins, our home."