Facades of Souls

By JihoonsDaddyDaniel

. He too ... was a tempter; he, too, was a link to the second, the evil world with which I no longer wanted t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chaptet 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 18

43 1 0
By JihoonsDaddyDaniel

   " Your highness, why don't you come out? " asked Jongho by the door of his prince who haven't left his room since yesterday. Unfortunately, there was no response and it's not like he expected him to speak. How would Wooyoung forget yesterday's events this fast, he was simply exhausted that's why he even slept. Right now, he is just laying there staring at the ceiling and wishing his father just comes and end him right here. He was of no use and he is only causing his beloved people to suffer. If he is the reason of their suffering then why shall he exist to begin with.

   Wooyoung is out of it and nothing will snap him out of it, it was no longer the abuse it's simply the nonexistent safety of his people because of him. Things would have settled down if it wasn't for him, after all Hongjoong wouldn't have betrayed the king and San wouldn't have to be endangered because of him. What was he thinking like he deserved to even live, this was no longer about him. When was his life an importance anyway? He only lived because that's what he was forced to do, he had no choice. Then again, no one would have stopped him from killing himself.

   " Father will not come if I were to just kill myself " thought Wooyoung under his breath staring at the chandelier of his bed room, he was certainly thinking out loud. It's not like he was lying, the king is scared of Hongjoong so if Wooyoung is dead, he will no longer involve himself. San on their hand can easily protect his kingdom with no disturbances. He suddenly stood up and looked at the balcony of his room, which had a view of the garden. He thought it was not a bad idea to simply jump off here and leave somewhere else.

   He took no time as he jumped off the balcony all quietly, because he knows Jongho is sensitive to noise and at any he will come. There wasn't much knights so it was easy for him to slip in between up until he climbed off the rails that surrounded the castle. He doesn't even know anything in here and he has never stepped foot away from Hongjoong and the others. He was starting to panic as he went through an unknown path, and there he saw a river. He went and sat next to one of the rocks, he thinks he is insane for doing something like this.

   " I could easily drown myself here and no one would even know " said Wooyoung chuckling to himself as he raised his head up and taking in the new air, it didn't practically feel good but it wasn't so bad. He took a deep breath as stared at the sky. He wasn't a fan of nature or doing risky stuff but perhaps he doesn't care anymore. He was dead in Mingi's arms whilst his people almost died so why does he have to care about himself. It was his fault for involving people to his life knowing they don't deserve to live like this.

   On the other hand, it didn't take so much for Jongho to notice the sudden disappearance of his prince. His heart sank thinking he was kidnapped but he knows there is no way someone would be this quiet. " H-HONGJOONG I CANT FIND HIS HIGHNESS " screamed Jongho barging in Hongjoong's room, upon hearing that statement come out of Jongho he jumped of his bed and hastily took his sword. " You are telling me something happened TO HIM AND YOU DIDN'T KNOW? " said Hongjoong madly as he glared at Jongho who swore there was no noise coming from his bedroom.

   " He didn't even answer me nor did he get off bed today morning " said Jongho his hands shaking, how did he fuck up? How did he slip off his fingers so easily? What did he just do? " N-no you must be fucking joking Jongho.. " said Hongjoong barging in the meeting room where Seonghwa, San and his men were. " Your fucking kid wants to die " continued Hongjoong pulling Seonghwa off the chair, in response Seonghwa panicked whilst everyone stared at them weirdly. " No no no no YOU- GOD I SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT " said Seonghwa in horror as he started running outside, Wooyoung has never ever left on his own and nor does he think of doing so.

   If Hongjoong is saying so then it must be true , because Jongho would never let anyone take his prince. It's definitely Wooyoung who went off, because Hongjoong did not like how Wooyoung looked last night. " What is going on ? " asked San stopping in front of them making them all displeased. " GET OUT OF MY WAY, WOOYOUNG HAS DISAPPEARED " yelled Seonghwa pushing San away and sprinting to his horse. " He probably left by the balcony, we will go to each path separately but we must haste. " said Hongjoong taking the left side, with Seonghwa on the right and Jongho straight to the front. They didn't even exchange one more word before they sprinted off, just as impossible it is for Wooyoung to leave alone, he is no way in the castle.

   " SEND EVERYONE TO FUCKING SEARCH FOR HIM EVERYWHERE AND ANYWHERE IN THE ENTIRE KINGDOM " screamed San taking his sword without thinking and got on his horse as his two knights followed him immediately. His heart sank and he could no longer see anything, where in the world is his husband. He himself didn't like the way Wooyoung was when he woke. him up. He simply thought he was exhausted, but what is happening? Was he kidnapped? He was sure of the protection he gets from Wooyoung's knights, so there is no way.

   San and Wooyoung's three knight's heart were throbbing in pain, especially Seonghwa. He can't believe he left Wooyoung to listen to his dark thoughts, he should have known better. Hongjoong could have sworn that Wooyoung would think of making himself suffer. He knew Wooyoung felt like everything happened because he existed. Their heads wracked with every single thing that might happen to Wooyoung or what he will do to himself. 

   Wooyoung shivered as the wind blew near him, he certainly hates this weather. Who is he to complain over the nature of weather in this region anyway. He watched the water noticing its explicit details as he wondered how was it created. Wooyoung then suddenly noticed a figure on the other side of the vast river. At first he was alert but then he thought to himself why should he care when he certainly doesn't want to live. Without any protest the person on the other side jumped in, Wooyoung thought that perhaps the person was hunting for food or something. About three minutes has passed and Wooyoung's anxiety kicked in, did that person just kill them-self ?

   Without further thinking, Wooyoung jumped in the water and swam to reach the area the person jumped in. He noticed the bubbles coming off the water so he took a deep breath and went under water to find a women sinking down. It took everything in Wooyoung's weak body to pull her out of the water, right where the women jumped off and maybe further. The women immediately started coughing out the water in Wooyoung's arms who was panting for air. He was anything but a swimmer so this was a miracle he survived.

   " Are you out of your damn mind? " asked Wooyoung angrily looking at the stranger in his arms who was regulating their breathing. " What is a lady like you thinking, jumping off the river like that? " continued Wooyoung making the lady in his arms look away in the hands of a stranger. " It will make my parents happy if I were to die " she said in a broken voice causing Wooyoung to frown. He was sure his parents will be happy if he died too but he strictly didn't die just so he torments them. The situation simply changed because everyone is in danger because of him.

   " Your life is more valuable than theirs if they are going to be happy about it, young lady " said Wooyoung not really thinking it's a good idea to place her on the ground. Nonetheless, he took off his coat and placed it around her, it was freezing here. " What would you know anyway? " she said moving away from him a little and engulfing herself in his coat, how could it be freezing even in the morning.

" Oh, I would know. I came here to do exactly what you just did " said Wooyoung shrugging his shoulders as he sat down on the ground. He just noticed how he doesn't even know where he is right now. She simply froze at his statement, thats simply fucked up at this point. " If you don't mind me asking, kind Sir, whats your name? " she said staring at his attire, that's definitely an aristocrat and thats not a place they would never go to.

" I'm Jongho, whats yours? " said Wooyoung lying through his teeth but he can't just say his name is Wooyoung, not when he is married to the crown prince. The only name that came to his mind that is practically rare and not usual is Jongho. " Ooh you must be from another kingdom, I'm Veilyn.. " she said hiding her family's name, I mean it will definitely tarnish her image and she had enough of everything. Besides, Wooyoung didn't reveal his family name either so it was only fair.

" For your information, I'm no kind sir, in fact I knew who you were as soon as my eyes landed on you, Lady Celestial daughter of Count Celestial " said Wooyoung making her widen his eyes, who was he? He had to be someone she knows if he knows her. The name Jongho rang no bell whatsoever, which scared her. Wooyoung batted no eye nor was he even kind to someone who was about to die. Why shall he care, he is a cold natured person in the end.

Veilyn has gone silent, he knows who she is but she doesn't know. Worse case scenario is he will tell everyone of her doings and that will only make her life much miserable. This man might have saved her but that doesn't make him any better. " It's your life not anyone's, if the rumors about Count Celestial is real. I'm sure it will do you good someday. Suicide is a cowardice move, however revenge is not. " said Wooyoung patting her shoulders before he stood up, ready to leave. That was too much socializing and he is sure his knights are losing their minds right now.

" Good luck with that Countess " said Wooyoung making all of Veilyn's body to shiver, he did not just tell her to over throw her parents and become head. She thought she was hearing things at first but no as far as she can tell the gentleman was dead serious. It was true though, why haven't she ever thought of that? It's not like her parents was worth protecting.

" Children these days.. " said Wooyoung chuckling to himself walking into god knows where, as if he ever cared over throwing off his entire family off the throne. He knew he was lost when he couldn't recognize where he was, he just continued walking to where his foot led him. He knows his knights will eventually find him, but he was not ready for all the scolding he will get. It's his first time running away yet he knows how his knight acted when he disappears to the bathroom and they think he is gone.

About an hour passed, and Wooyoung is dead tired so he just slumped down and sighed deeply. He definitely regrets this more than he expected, should have just stayed in the castle. " Me and my depressed ass " he said groaning in annoyance, he just wants to go back to his bed and sleep, perhaps in his husband's arms. He tried to hug himself and warm up but it was not working and he couldn't stop shivering, he regretted giving it the lady. Whilst he sulked under the shade of the tree, the others were outrageously panicking.

   San was desperately searching for any sign of Wooyoung, where could he be? He reached the river where Wooyoung was previously near, he noticed the very same lady Wooyoung abandoned just shivering inside Wooyoung's coat. The young lady panicked at the sight of the knights rushing to her, with San leading. " Have you perhaps seen a young man with a brown hair with blonde highlights? " asked Yunho approaching the women without his horse in order not to scare her.

   " What? " she blurted out absolutely terrified because she definitely knows that emblem very well. She panicked, why would the royal knights of  the crown prince out here and asking about the very man who saved her. San was getting impatient because as far as he remembers that coat strictly belongs to his husband. " He asked you, if you have seen him or not, young lady " said San getting off his horse and no one can ever forget that face, the face of their future king, crown prince San.

   " Y-y-your royal h-highness... he went this w-way " she said pointing directly at where Wooyoung went, she definitely felt guilty for telling them but what can she do? They were glaring at her and basically threatening to end her. San spared no glance towards the lady, since that coat was ticking him off. " Take her to the castle " said San making his knights oblige as he sprinted towards the path.

" WOOYOUNG? WOOYOUNG? YOU SCARED ME " screamed Seonghwa in horror as he almost fell off his horse at the sight of Wooyoung near the tree. He went everywhere in search of Wooyoung like a mad man. He went and crouched down to his level to check if he was okay before he engulfed him. " What were you thinking god...Wooyoung.. " said Seonghwa as low as whisper whilst Wooyoung froze just glad to have someone with him. " Hyung...I'm.. sorry " mumbled Wooyoung under his breath, he was freezing, lost and absolutely devastated from yesterday.

" Why are you so wet? What happened? Did you fall? Are you sure you are not hurt? " asked Seonghwa giving Wooyoung no space to even reply as he just stayed quiet as they heard sounds of horses coming. " You scared not only me but even Prince San " breathed out Seonghwa wiping his tears before San and his team arrived. He let go of Wooyoung making him shake as Seonghwa remembered how he had no cape or coat over him. He simply took his sword and sprinted on his horse searching for him.

   As soon as San saw Seonghwa's horse, he hastily made it next to him before he jumped off his horse, taking his coat off in the process to wrap Wooyoung up who was obviously freezing. He then took him into a deep hug to protect him from the cold and that he can feel him. He was all shaken up not knowing where he was or the danger he might have been in.

   " Do you like scaring me? " asked San in Wooyoung's ears causing him to flinch, he was already shaken up and this is making it worse. " Why is your hair wet? " asked San as he caressed his hair and remember how that women had Wooyoung's coat and they where definitely soaked in water. " A women tried killing herself and I jumped in the water.. " mumbled Wooyoung under his breath, its not like he wanted to lie or hide anything. He didn't care wether that women got exposed or anything anyway.

   " Is that so? " said San standing up in the process before he carried Wooyoung infront of half of his knights. Making him blush fifty shades darker as he tried to shake him off but it was of no use. San wasn't really fond of the idea that a women was in Wooyoung's arm entirely wet. However, Wooyoung's intentions were so pure that it made him forget about it and just focus on warming him up. " L-let me go " whispered Wooyoung making San shake his head before he placed him on top of his horse.

   " He will be riding with me, and inform the others that I have found him " said San getting on top of his horse with Wooyoung closely in front of him. Wooyoung stuffed himself in San's coat to hide a little from San who was obviously so close. " Thank you for your hard work, you can go back to your original posts " said Yunho as the knights all nodded and moved past him.

Wooyoung wants to avoid answering anything related to his on impulse running away. He knew Hongjoong probably figured things out and thats why Seonghwa looked disheveled. He shivered at the thought of Hongjoong knowing him inside out, but apparently he was an open book. San kept Wooyoung as close as possible so that he doesn't fall, making him lay his head on San's chest.

" You won't say anything..? " asked Wooyoung hesitantly refusing to look at San, his silence was threatening. It scared him so he risked it all by asking that and he doesn't want an answer. " About how you scared me to death? I had the entire kingdom search for you " said San enough for Wooyoung to hear, as he hurried to the castle for Wooyoung not to freeze. Wooyoung sighed covering himself more if possible, he seriously didn't want an answer.

   He should have just jumped in the river when he had the chance, what good did it do him staying here anyway? " So what? " Wooyoung blurted out his inner thoughts, moving away from San. It's not like the entire world stopped with him disappearing for a bit, the exaggeration. He could have just died and no one would have found him, so there was no point.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 1K 12
for better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health ... till death do us part...? really?
226K 14.9K 73
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮. She was...
15K 766 23
maybe he is right, there is no safer place in this world than beside him.
37.5K 2.6K 42
❝I don't know if I wan't to kiss you or shove you off of a cliff.❞ ❝Can I pick?❞ - - - - Wooyoung, the prince -soon to be king- of Ecidora finds hims...