Victoria's Rants

By mismadison

the place where I rant about stuff that irritate me to no end. More

disclaimer
ungrateful little uGh
five year olds on here
pet peeves
see you again // radio
abby lee miller
nae nae // whip
more pet peeves
lowercase writing
FRICKKK
story ideas // other stuff
{ 25 facts about your queen }
where's the wifi
the struggle to go to 1989
new covers!
grammar is not existent apparently
q&a?
three am rant
creativity
q&a.
holiday music // update schedule
one direction as an insult
the human
THE DM AWARDS
cry me a river
copying to the next extreme level
copying to the next level prt.2
I don't understand
the struggle to get photoshop
WHAT THE WHY UGHHHH
the faker has failed
paper towns and other stuff
it's really not that hard
for those of you confused people
one year
choice dancer
the dm awards prt.2
coming clean
my acceptance speech
really short rant about people who can't read
the copying of the dm awards
my stupid every day statuses
pros and cons of seventh grade
did someone say the fear of rodents
fake fans
well, why you don't just shut the
mexico is now the only hispanic country to exist
HELP
football games
oops
OH MY CRYING
how to rant
maddieeexziegler
unfollowing
the mean one is probably taking a break
no
the breaking point
chill por favor
love is such a funny thing
shut up
hALLOWEEN
done with ur grammar
can u not??
parents prtII
english class
one dirECTION
when friends are pissed
you're wrong
math teachers
deez nutz
STOP
nostalgia
honest opinions
burn book??
bs group chat
a dedication to kendallkisses
january 2016
public humilation
the so many questions it needs to stop tag
hiatus
dRAG ME DOWN
more questions lol stop tag
fuckboys
nicholas
crushes
nicholas the psychopath
nicholas the harrison ford hater
q&a prt ii
nicholas the german guy
nicholas the every day hacker
tag which one you are
your and you're
awkward asf
bsfinsta
random fact lol
alli
HELP
done
stressed out
somebody that i used to know
uhhhhhhh
new cover
buzzfeed unsolved
jill vertes
the dog filter
jacob sartorius
oovoo
adios

parents

264 23 16
By mismadison

okay so I don't know if I told anyone on here but next week I'm leaving to El Salvador, which is a country in Latin America and where my grandma lives. since I've never been there and has lived in Pennsylvania my whole life, I'm not really sure what it's like to live there.

so, while my family and I were dropping off my sister at the airport since she was leaving to Guatemala for a college thing, I said to my dad as a joke, I repeat, as a joke, "I hope we have air conditioning at our house," (we're staying with my grandma) "I wouldn't be able to sleep in the heat."

and then, guess what? my parents start a twenty minute life lesson about how some countries like El Salvador aren't fortunate enough to have things like air conditioners, shoes, or have a decent amount of money, like we are in America. it's like when you say you don't want the food they give you at dinner, and then they pull the card and say, "think about the children in Africa! they'd be so grateful to have a plate of food in front of them!"

I wanted to say so badly to them that I was joking and I knew we were going to have to deal with fans to keep us cool, but I didn't (we were in public, yes, I know my manners) and just listened to their lecture. you wouldn't believe how mad they were at me for saying something that sounded spoiled, but again, I was kidding. I didn't mean it, oh my god.

trust me, I really do feel bad about the kids there who only own a pair of flip flops, but how am I supposed to know what it's like living there if I haven't even left the well-developed country I live in? it's like this: "oh, I don't want to live in Australia! I heard there's deserts in every corner, and I don't want to live in a place where tumble weeds are at every corner. even though I've never been there, I'm pretty sure since there's the Great Victoria Desert, and not much else but a building or two."

what? how can you know what it's like to live there if you haven't gone there? same thing with me and El Salvador. sure, my grandma lives there, but she never talks about it (not that I know of, most of the time she speaks to me in Spanish and I can only understand about 3/4 of it). but how am I supposed to know it's a poor country if I've never been there?

(so far, I haven't studied the country in school. so don't comment how I should've known since I learned it in school, when I didn't even read a chapter or taken a quiz about it).

it just pisses me off how my dad sounded like I was supposed to know it, and how seriously he took it. like, I WAS JOKING. I'm sorry that I haven't flew my ass off there and lived in a home for a few days! honestly, I didn't even know El Salvador was a developing country still, I thought it was like Brazil or something. actually, now that I think of it, I haven't really thought of the country's economic activity, all I thought about was how far we were going to be from the beaches, lol.

basically, the lesson of the day is: don't tell a joke to your parents. they'll take it seriously and give you a life lesson about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
181K 358 19
Just a horny girl
4M 196K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...