Natural disasters, I won by h...

By pinqu_

开局天灾,我靠囤百亿物资躺赢 作者:程加加 Not My Story More

Chapter 1 - 10
Chapter 11 - 20
Chapter 21 - 30
Chapter 31 - 40
Chapter 41 - 50
Chapter 51 - 60
Chapter 61 - 70
Chapter 71 - 80
Chapter 81 - 90
Chapter 91 - 100
Chapter 101 - 110
Chapter 111 - 120
Chapter 121 - 130
Chapter 131 - 140
Chapter 141 - 150
Chapter 151 - 160
Chapter 161 - 170
Chapter 171 - 180
Chapter 181 - 190
Chapter 191 - 200
Chapter 201 - 210
Chapter 211 - 220
Chapter 221 - 230
Chapter 231 - 240
Chapter 241 - 250
Chapter 251 - 260
Chapter 261 - 270
Chapter 271 - 280
Chapter 281 - 290
Chapter 291 - 300
Chapter 301 - 310
Chapter 311 - 320
Chapter 321 - 330
Chapter 331 - 340
Chapter 341 - 350
Chapter 351 - 360
Chapter 361 - 370
Chapter 371 - 380
Chapter 381 - 390
Chapter 391 - 400
Chapter 401 - 410
Chapter 411 - 420
Chapter 421 - 430
Check 431 - 440
Chapter 441 - 450
Chapter 451 - 460
Chapter 461 - 470
Chapter 471 - 480
Chapter 481 - 490
Chapter 491 - 500
Chapter 501 - 510
Chapter 511 - 520
Chapter 521 - 530
Chapter 531 - 540
Chapter 551 - 560
Chapter 561 - 570
Chapter 571 - 580
Chapter 581 - 590
Chapter 591 - 600
Chapter 601 - 610
Chapter 611 - 620
Chapter 621 - 630
Chapter 631 - 640
Chapter 641 - 643

Chapter 541 - 550

371 6 3
By pinqu_

ʚChapter 541 The second generation is quite cunning
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    Huo Yi listened attentively, but didn't wait for Rong Sanshao to open his mouth, so he asked, "How is the Hwaseong base developing after we left?"

    Rong Sanshao was slightly stunned, "It's pretty good, it didn't take long to start filling in The sea made an island. Later, when I went to the hospital to see a doctor, Professor Ma asked if there were any of you.

    You and your sister are both talents in the base. Director Jiang sighed at random, saying that when you went out, you either met Pirates, or the submarine is out of order, most likely it’s bad luck, God is jealous of talents.”

    Huo Yishen’s eyes were deep, “Do you believe it?”

    Third Young Master Wo was leaning against the wall tiredly with his shoes in his arms, looking a little foolish , "Brother-in     -law , can I still come to eat when I'm hungry?

    "     After closing the courtyard door, Huo Yishen went back to the house and pondered, "If you want to build a glass shed, the least suspicious way is to be a scavenger." It's not that     Jiang Ning has never thought about it. People have searched everywhere."     "There is a place that few people are looking for."     Jiang Ning suddenly realized, "Ocean."     The survivors had no tools, and the military had limited fuel.     It’s not too much to see a ghost ship with supplies in the vast ocean, right?     One is not stealing from the military, and the other is Gu Tinglin's identity is there, who dares to question and investigate her easily.     Do it, you have to do it right away, and start tomorrow.     After discussing the business, Jiang Ning mentioned Third Young Master Rong, feeling uncertain, "What do you mean by his coming tonight?"     Huo Yirong frowned, "Hug your thigh."     Jiang Ning frowned, "You want to threaten me?"     "Rong San Shao is a smart person. If he really wants to plot against you, he won't remind you in Hwaseong Base."

    Friendship is talked about, but after all, he came from a business family, so it is absolutely impossible to say that he has no idea.

    Jiang Ning's secret is like a plate of braised pork, while Rong Sanshao has been hungry for three days and three nights.

    He resisted the temptation once out of friendship, but how many times did he resist?

    Even if he really held back, aren't his elder brother and niece hungry?

    If we never see each other in this life, even if we want to find an idea, we can't find anyone.

    But the braised pork is not only in front of your eyes, but the aroma goes straight to your nose, which is simply tempting to commit crimes.

    Huo Yishen didn't want to speak ill of Rong San, but he had to guard against it in the last days.

    "Ah Ning, Third Young Master Rong is a hidden danger. Either kill him or become one of his own."

    It's not that Jiang Ning didn't think of it, but he didn't want to think about it. Sister Tian Tian said she didn't even believe that she had no feelings.

    But Huo Yishen said these words, which somewhat surprised her.

    But if she really let her do it, I really can't bear it. The most important thing is... the second generation is quite cunning, who can guarantee that he didn't tell others the secret or keep something behind his back?

    I'm afraid that a stone will start a thousand waves.

    For a while, she was a little undecided, and said with a headache: "What do you think?"

    Huo Yi thought for a while, "So far, he is more affectionate, and he has a strong mentality, so there is nothing wrong with wanting to hug his thigh.

    God needs help , There will be more and more people questioning in the future, and it is unrealistic to see one and kill the other.

    There is no permanent friend in this world, only permanent interests.

    Instead of one day he runs counter to us, and even resents us because of it, it is better to draw him in to tie up interests."

    Jiang Ning frowned, subconsciously wanting to refuse.

    Back then, Huo Yishen knew the secret because he was forced to rescue him many times and the tense life-and-death moments did not allow her to think too much, so she did it subconsciously and instinctively.

    The choice to disclose to Doudou is due to the trust that Aiwu and Wuhe have raised by their side for many years, and a situation that can no longer be concealed.

    Rong Sanshao has the heart to get close. If the interests are tied, there is an 80% chance that he will not betray.

    But Jiang Ning still feels a little risky for the most unpredictable human heart in the last days.

    Conflicted in her heart, she didn't rush to make a decision, "I'll think about it and talk about it when I come back from the sea."

    The sea trip was a temporary idea, so I had to tell the next door.

    When Jiang Ning got up in the morning, he happened to meet Gu Tinglin coming out.

    Knowing that she was going to go to sea, she looked puzzled, "The sea is unpredictable, you don't lack supplies, why do you insist on going?" "How can there be no shortage,

    and this is what we do.

    " Disagree, "What do you lack, I will find a way."

    "We will lack what we encounter." Jiang Ning has no way to tell the truth, so he can only tactfully say: "If you don't look for it now, it will only be more difficult to find in the future. , During this period of time, the weather is bad, and the seedling plan cannot be carried out, so I just went out for a walk."

    The relationship was not in place, and Gu Tinglin knew that he couldn't persuade her, "I have to go?"

    "Well, Doudou will stay, and the weather can plow the ground Raise seedlings."

    Gu Tinglin restrained his emotions, and said: "Take care of yourself and come back early."

    He was really worried that she would not adapt to the base, so he just left.

    Jiang Ning's lips and teeth moved, "If you're sick, you can come to find Doudou. There are regular medicines at home." Afraid that

    he would not speak, she took out several boxes of emergency medicine after returning to the house and asked Doudou to deliver it to the next door later.

    Driving to the pier, the two boarded the fishing boat and quickly disappeared at sea level.

    The fishing boat drifted with the ocean current, Jiang Ning and Huo Yishen took out the glass.

    The glass is collected from the factory, and the outer packaging has long been soaked in water, so it needs to be repacked before transportation.

    Now they are precious and cannot be bumped.

    When sweeping the entire factory, not a single piece of glass escaped Jiang Ning's clutches, not even the cutting machine.

    There are all kinds of materials, but fortunately there is not much difference in size.

    The two brought the cardboard boxes and pearl cotton over, and worked hard resignedly.

    It took more than three days to do this, and all the glass was packed, but the capacity of the fishing boat was still too high.

    Not to mention one ship, even three more ships would not fit.

    Thinking of the harsh weather, Jiang Ning put the fragile ones aside and chose explosion-proof bullet-proof glass, so he was afraid of flying sand and stones.

    The ocean at night can't be seen, as long as there are surging waves.

    Tired for three days, and didn't care about one night, the two rewarded themselves with a delicious meal, and then went back to the room to rest.

    Sleeping in a daze, he was suddenly hit hard.

    In an instant, the two who were awakened turned over and got up, quickly put on their body armor and picked up their weapons.

    There were a few bangs outside first, and then there was a big movement soon.

    Hearing the footsteps, there were about a dozen people, beating, kicking and panting, speaking incomprehensible words.

    The two wearing night vision goggles looked at each other, but they didn't expect to run into pirates when they came out.

    Jiang Ning was more cautious. All the packaged and sorted glasses were placed in the space, and the entire fishing boat was empty.

    Soon the pirates came down from the deck.

    The lower deck of the fishing boat was narrow, and the door of the room was quickly kicked open, and two men with torches walked in.

    The two people standing against the wall bullied themselves, quickly broke their necks, and shot at the same time...

ʚChapter 542 I'm sorry if I don't prostitute for nothing!
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    The bloody storm came, the two of them were very accurate in marksmanship and had silencers, and several of them fell down with headshots.

    Jiang Ning put the corpse into the space.

    The person above felt that something was wrong, and shouted down a few times, but got no response.

    They muttered in their mouths, drew their weapons and walked down.

    Taking advantage of the darkness, Jiang Ning hid under the stairs.

    A total of four came down. Seeing the blood on the corridor and the open door, they subconsciously looked over...

    Jiang Ning fired a black gun in the back and sent them all away.

    After collecting the corpses, he carefully climbed onto the deck.

    Hey, there is actually a large cargo ship on the opposite side. Seeing that there has been no movement for a long time, the people over there are shouting with torches.

    When the ship arrived, she hated it, and she still couldn't forget the cruise ship that stayed at the Hwaseong base, but she didn't expect that a large cargo ship would come to her door.

    I'm sorry if I don't prostitute for nothing!

    If there is no response, another group of people will be sent over.

    The cargo ship is huge, and there are more than 30 people on the deck alone. I don't know if there are others.

    Some have guns in their hands, but the good and the bad are mixed, and they are probably snatched from others.

    The two returned to the bottom cabin and waited.

    Seeing that the first batch of robbers didn't respond, the people on the other side had a bad feeling in their hearts. Could it be that the ghost ship is haunted?

    They live by robbery at sea. They have never encountered any situation in these years, and countless bloody storms have come.

    For more than a year, there have been fewer and fewer survivors at sea. Survivors have come ashore one after another when they encounter the mainland. They have not opened for three months.

    If you don't do one more vote, you will have to eat the northwest wind.

    What ghosts are afraid of is that if they meet a good baby, their subordinates will want to take it all to themselves.

    The leader was in a hurry, and quickly sent the second group of people over.

    This time Jiang Ning didn't hide under the stairs, but used the cover of the night to lie down on the bow of the pirate ship hooked by the iron hook.

    Hearing the sound of climbing outside, there seemed to be seven or eight people.

    When they almost climbed up, the two dodged and hid in the space.

    About three or four minutes, and then slipped out quietly.

    Jiang Ning fired a black gun, and Huo Yishen threw a fuel bomb at the cargo ship.

    With his extraordinary strength, he moved quickly, and after throwing two shots in a row, he fired tear gas.

    Facing the ghost ship, the pirates were already vigilant enough. The men in the past had just finished saying that the fishing boat was empty, but suddenly gunshots rang out.

    The incident happened suddenly, and after some distance, the line of sight was not clear at night.

    There was only a loud "dong" explosion, and raging flames ignited all around.

    The pirates evaded in a panic, but after the left side was blown up and the right side was blown up, several people's bodies were on fire, screaming like headless flies and rushing around.

    They retreated one after another, hiding behind the bunker, but they smelled a pungent smell.

    The pirates who were downwind were useless to cover their mouths and noses, but they were choked to tears.

    More and more people were on fire, and the cargo ship was ablaze.

    At this time, Jiang Ning had finished firing his sniping guns, easily dealt with the second batch of pirates, and brought them into the space with the boat.

    Judging from the tattered equipment, these pirates were not professionals, but monks halfway through.

    It should be an ordinary evacuation ship of a national or city nature, but later experienced many difficulties at sea, and the cruel environment forced them to become pirates.

    Of course, Jiang Ning will not take it lightly.

    A few pirates who were not afraid of death rushed out of the flames and shot at the fishing boat.

    After shooting several times, I found that the sea was empty and there was nothing.

    See, hell!

    Everyone was so shocked that their jaws fell off.

    When he reacted, he hurried to put out the fire again.

    Gasoline burning is not something that can be extinguished if you want to.

    After the rescue failed, they went to the boss again, but they couldn't find it after looking around.

    Damn, that one seems to be on fire!

    He hurriedly rescued the boss, but his body was burned so badly that he was so dark that he couldn't even speak.

    I didn't lose my breath, but most of them couldn't survive for a few days.

    A total of ten people were burnt to death, plus those who disappeared with the ghost fishing boat, more than half of them were lost.

    The group of thieves had no leader, and they were both angry and frightened for a moment, damn it!

    After robbing so many times, I didn't expect to be folded in the gutter this time.

    The rest of the people looked at each other in blank dismay, and after making a brief noise, they were terrified to confirm that there were no fishing boats at sea.

    Go, right now, right now!

    They have been drifting along the ocean currents, and now they don't care about saving fuel, so they immediately turned around and set sail to leave this sea area.

    The cargo ship turned around in the dark and turned to maximum power.

    In the darkness, the surviving pirates cleaned the deck and threw their burnt and seriously injured accomplices into the sea.

    Throwing and throwing, everyone had a tacit understanding and lifted the boss up.

    Anyway, it can't be saved, so what's the difference between throwing it early and throwing it late, early death and early death!

    Excluding the crew, there are a total of more than 20 people left. After throwing away the boss, everyone has their own thoughts.

    But everyone is tired, and what if the ghost ship appears again?

    Let's wait until we leave this sea area.

    What they don't know is that there is a tail on the bottom of the sea that is not far or near.

    When Dongfang's belly is white, it is the time when he is most sleepy and fast asleep.

    The sea was windy and the waves were not too big, but the hull shook slightly.

    The eagle's claws flew up, firmly grasping the string of the boat, and the heavily armed black shadow quickly climbed up.

    Jiang Ning thought he would encounter danger, but he landed easily.

    Through the night vision goggles, the two found two pirates sleeping in a sheltered place on the far side of the deck.

    They should be on guard, but because they left the ghost ship, they should be on guard, and maybe many people died and no one changed their shifts.

    Jiang Ning walked over and harvested easily.

    After putting away the Tang Dao and exchanging weapons, the two searched the deck in the dark, and found that there was no one else except the two guards. It is estimated that the scale of this group of pirates is not large.

    The two gestured and walked down across the deck.

    As soon as they got down to the second floor, there was a sudden scream, and the movement was not small.

    Jiang Ning was surprised, and probably felt resentful.

    She is used to being picked up by others, and it is rare to be the one who picks up the leaks. She is very happy to see it succeed.

    The two of them were not in a hurry to go down, they just waited at the stairs.

    The screams became louder and louder, and it felt like killing a pig.

    The tools of crime may be so primitive that no gunfire was heard.

    For an hour, Jiang Ning's ears were buzzing. This kind of thing happens every day, and he has already been immune to it.

    After waiting for a while, there was finally no movement.

    The two went down to the second floor, and a strong smell of blood came over their faces.

    The corridors and walls were splattered with blood everywhere.

    The door of one room was opened, and Jiang Ning stood at the door, only to see that the room was extremely bloody, and the man on the bed was hacked to pieces.

    This way of death, either there is a deep hatred, or there is no gun in hand.

    The two searched the past row by row, and found that everyone's death was very miserable.

    Got it, it's the original murder weapon.

    After checking one by one, a total of 20 corpses were found.

    Where are the murderers?

    Passing by one of the rooms, Jiang Ning accidentally saw the tattered national flag falling on the ground.

    It turned out to be Gaolu.

    No wonder she didn't hear it.

    Jiang Ning was thoughtful, then walked to the cab...

ʚChapter 543
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    When they were almost in the cab, there was indeed a sound, and several voices were intertwined together.

    The two approached quietly, and found that the door of the cab was ajar, and there were about a dozen people sitting inside, all covered in blood, like Shura from hell.

    Romantic high-passers are not immune to becoming butchers in the end of the natural disaster.

    Judging from their blood-stained clothes, they were barely recognizable as crew members.

    In other words, it was the crew who killed the pirates.

    Can't understand, but they seem very engaged.

    Jiang Ning pushed the door open, fried the buns with his left hand, and charged with his right hand.

    Leaning halfway against the door, she said in English with a half-smile, "Excuse me."

    The crew members were startled, some with butcher knives and some with guns.

    Unexpectedly, behind the woman who broke in suddenly, another man appeared, holding a flamethrower.

    As long as anyone dares to act rashly, it will immediately become a delicious roast pigeon.

    The explosion seems to be real, what if there is only a colorful one?

    The quality of the firepower was too obvious, and the crew insisted on it, but none of them dared to take the lead.

    On the contrary, Jiang Ning didn't talk about martial arts, and the bullet wounded the right hand of the crew member holding a broken gun.

    The crew screamed and the gun fell to the ground.

    Jiang Ning smiled, "Since there are no bullets, why are you showing off? I'll give you another chance to put down all the guns, otherwise don't blame me for being rude!" The

    captain knew English, and he concealed his panic and pretended to be calm, "What are you going to do?"

    "Don't panic, I don't want your lives." Jiang Ning was polite and polite, "I just want you to turn the boat in a different direction and send us somewhere." "Where are we going?" "You will know then,

    but

    now I'm going to trouble you."

    Jiang Ning threw a bunch of ropes over and said, "Tie each other up."

    The fight against the pirates has exhausted their strength, and several of them were injured. To ensure the safety of all of us."

    Jiang Ning raised his eyebrows, raised the muzzle to his head, "Are you talking to me?"

    The captain had no choice but to let the crew tie each other back to back according to her request, and It's a knot.

    Huo Yishen went forward to check the knots, and searched them one by one.

    Jiang Ning's guess was right, the broken guns had no bullets at all, but were used for deterrence.

    All knives and sticks were confiscated.

    However, Jiang Ning had something even worse. He actually used ether to stun all the crew members.

    "I have done as you requested." The captain, who was startled by her coquettish operation, was angry, "What do you want?"

    Jiang Ning shook the gun in his hand, and smiled slightly: "Don't worry, I just want to know , why did you become what you are today?"

    With his head lowered by the gun, the captain had no choice but to tell the truth.

    This is Gaolu's official escape boat. At first there were more than 3,000 people on board, and they survived in the ocean after the land sank.

    There are more than 30 official boats. At the beginning, everyone worked together to deal with the storm at sea.

    But slowly, more and more people got sick, supplies became more and more scarce, all kinds of bloodshed began to be staged, and the survivors began to target their own people.

    The crew resisted the violence at first, then became helpless, watching in despair as the survivors continued to be butchered.

    Because the crew knew the technology, they were able to escape by luck, otherwise there would be no scum left.

    Later, in order to survive, the remaining survivors on the ship became pirates, constantly robbing the sea survivors they met, and turning around and running away if they encountered tough ones.

    They have also gone ashore, but it is more difficult to survive in the barren wasteland, and finally they have to return to the ocean to wander.

    Jiang Ning listened quietly, "Did you kill people?"

    The captain shook his head, "We didn't, but we couldn't stop them from killing and robbing."

    Jiang Ning always had a faint smile on his face, "You're lying."

    He always insisted that no , Today, all these are the result of long-term oppression to rise up and resist with a desperate fight.

    They all went through the end of the natural disaster, and you can tell at a glance whether there is blood on your hands.

    I believe that as early as when the survivors became pirates, the crew was forced to kill, and they definitely did not kill less.

    The pirates would not be vigilant against them all the time only if their hands were also stained with countless blood, otherwise they would not be killed so badly.

    For what happened to them, Jiang Ning couldn't speak of sympathy. This kind of bloodshed has long been common.

    She covered the sick captain with ether.

    To prevent fraud, more than a dozen crew members were all thrown into the house transformed from a container, and then locked from the outside.

    The cargo ship was huge, and the two of them went down from the second floor to check carefully.

    The third and fourth floors are warehouses, piled with messy things.

    A few sprouting potatoes, musty wheat, blood-stained or worn-out second-hand clothing, shoes and socks, etc.

    And most of the wood in the cabin...

    Yes, the wood of different lengths and shapes is probably salvaged from the sea and used as firewood.

    What a group of cowardly pirates, so poor... If it wasn't for the boat, Jiang Ning wouldn't have the heart to do it, and would pick up all the broken copper and iron.

    The fourth floor is the bottom cabin, which is full of dangerous goods, but the two accidentally discovered that there are more than 200 barrels of fuel.

    It looks like there is a lot of fuel, and the cargo ship will not last long if it really wants to run. It is estimated that the pirates saved it from their teeth.

    All the places were thoroughly checked, and it was confirmed that there was no hidden danger. The two returned to the cockpit and released the crew.

    After waking them up in a coma, the cold muzzle of the gun was pressed against the captain's forehead, and the coordinates were reported: "Drive to this place, don't play any tricks, as long as we are delivered safely, then we will let you live.

    " Affected by the ether, the crew had a splitting headache and were in a daze.

    Jiang Ning was not mean and gave them two hours to rest.

    At sunrise in the east, the freighter turned around and headed towards the designated coordinates.

    The weather is fine, standing in the cockpit facing the morning sun, the sparkling light glances thousands of miles away.

    The two are not tied to the crew, those who go to the toilet, those who cook to fill their stomachs, almost respond to every request.

    The speed of the cargo ship was neither too fast nor too slow, and Jiang Ning didn't seem in a hurry.

    After driving like this for two days, Huo Yishen took out the high-powered binoculars and said, "It's almost here."

    These two days, Jiang Ning and Huo Yishen took turns to rest, and always left one person in the cockpit to supervise.

    The crew members came in and out, and they were extremely vigilant and afraid at first, but seeing that the two of them never stopped them, they slowly lowered their guard.

    The skills of the captain and the helmsman were good, and when they encountered a moderate storm on the way, they managed to get through it steadily.

    Jiang Ning and Huo Yishen seemed to be supervising, but in fact they were not idle, and asked the captain to teach them how to sail.

    The captain was a little troubled, "This is a cargo ship, and it needs the cooperation of many people at the same time."

    Jiang Ning was very patient, "It doesn't matter, I can learn every position."

    The captain thought, if you don't know how to sail, how did you get on it?

    The slander belongs to the slander, but there is no certainty in my heart that these two people should come on the ghost ship.

    The captain, who believed in God, tried secretly with a cross, but it had no effect on the two of them.

    So the ghost ship is a fake, but it encounters pirates who upgrade and rob, and crushes them with shocking means. Not only does it kill them silently, but it also creates a psychological shadow on the other party, and then they can harvest easily.

    As for how the ghost ship disappeared, he has no scientific explanation yet.

    Two people can kill a boatload of people. If they are taken into a pirate's lair, there is still a chance of survival?

    Everyone was very nervous, but they could only pretend to be calm.

    Seeing the two holding hands and looking into the distance, the crew conveyed information with their eyes.

    Huo Yi had sharp eyes, "There seems to be someone in front."

ʚChapter 544 Hurry back, maybe there is still time
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    Jiang Ning looked in the direction he pointed, and vaguely saw an assault boat patrolling the sea.

    The people on the boat seemed to be wearing military uniforms from the southern base.

    It is true that there are patrols at the sea sentry points, but there are still more than ten nautical miles away from the pier, and the base is so short of fuel, under normal circumstances, the patrol area will not be expanded to such a large size.

    Is something wrong?

    "Bang!"

    "Bang!"

    "Bang!"

    After the gunshots, several crew members fell in a pool of blood.

    One of them was holding a sharp screwdriver and was stabbing Jiang Ning's back...

    Huo Yishen fired.

    Jiang Ning turned around, quickly took out his weapon, and dealt with all the crew members who fled to the cockpit.

    Shit and pee at every turn, really think she doesn't know what the hell they're up to?

    Just give them a chance.

    The captain backed away in fright, desperately trying to explain something.

    Jiang Ning raised his gun and sent him to God.

    The assault boats at the sentinel are patrolling, and if you move forward, you will soon find the cargo ship.

    Without any hesitation, Huo Yishen was in charge of stopping the ship, and Jiang Ning rushed to the bottom cabin to release all the packed glass, not forgetting to make some camouflage.

    On the third floor, other materials were placed, such as steel plates stockpiled in the early years, hundreds of catties of old grains and wheat, medicines and so on.

    This is a pirate ship that picks up tatters, so it's not surprising that anything appears.

    After putting away what should be done, he slid down the rope non-stop, put the fishing boat into the sea, and riveted the two boats together with the big iron hook on the cargo ship with great effort.

    After climbing up again, the assault boat got closer and gradually slowed down to stop.

    The patrolman picked up the binoculars and was looking and observing.

    Ten minutes later, the assault boat drove towards the freighter, took out its horn and started shouting.

    "Friends on the cruise ship, please pay attention. You have entered the waters of Fengcheng Base. If you are not a Chinese survivor, please leave quickly."

    Jiang Ning ignored their shouts, and arranged the scene as he and Huo Yishen disguised as fierce pirates, and won the thrilling victory Then they walked to the bow of the boat and raised the red flag in their hands, "My own people, don't shoot."

    As the assault boat approached, the two accidentally discovered that Rong Sanshao was also among them.

    When Third Young Master Rong saw the people on board clearly, he waved his hands excitedly, "Sister, brother-in-law." There were

    five patrolling soldiers in total. While struggling to climb up, Third Young Master Rong asked anxiously, "Why did you come back with a cargo ship?"

    "Don't mention it." Jiang Ning had a gloomy face, and wiped the sweat on his forehead with his blood-stained sleeve, "I came out with your brother-in-law to try our luck, thinking if we could find some supplies, but unexpectedly we encountered pirates robbing the ship. , I almost lost my life."

    Hearing the pirates, several people subconsciously pulled out their guns, "Are you all right?" "There

    was a fight the night before yesterday, and the people who injured more than half of them were tied up. Let's seize the opportunity and kill them."

    Several people climbed up and saw the traces of gasoline burnt on the deck and the bullet holes shot, it is not difficult to guess that it was indeed a fierce battle.

    They were just about to continue asking, but Third Major Rong pulled Jiang Ning aside and said in a low voice, "Sister, something happened to the chief, I came here to look for you in the name of patrol, you and brother-in-law hurry back, maybe there is still time "

    Jiang Ning thumped, "What's wrong with him?"

    "I'm sick, his lung infection is serious, and he's been in a coma for two days."

    Rong Sanshao said anxiously, "I'm afraid there will be trouble in the base. Aunt Shu hasn't announced it yet, but the hospital hasn't. The related life-saving medicine can only be delayed more and more seriously."

    Jiang Ning's head was buzzing, and he almost lost his footing, and Huo Yishen beside him quickly helped him.

    Young Master Rong patted his chest, "Go back right away, I'll take care of this ship."

    As long as it's not the tinder box, the base won't take a commission and confiscate the supplies brought back by the scavengers.

    Jiang Ning regained consciousness and hurriedly jumped onto the assault boat.

    Third Young Master Rong asked his soldiers to send the two of them back, and then find some people who can drive cargo ships.

    Charged and galloped, the whistling wind blew on Jiang Ning's face, and the broken hair on his forehead flew.

    She sat upright, her lips tightly pressed together.

    When he left, Gu Tinglin didn't have a serious health problem, why did he suddenly become unconscious due to a lung infection?

    Lung infections can be major or minor, but a comatose one is never a good sign.

    Huo Yi held her hand deeply, but found it extremely cold.

    More than ten nautical miles, more than 40 minutes to land.

    When going ashore, if it wasn't for Huo Yishen's sharp eyes and quick hands, Jiang Ning almost fell down.

    The car was parked at the pier, Huo Yishen took the good car and came over, "A-Ning, you don't have to worry too much, there will be a solution."

    Jiang Ning was in a mess, leaning quietly against the car window without speaking.

    The speed of the car was very fast, and it didn't take long to stop at the gate of the courtyard.

    Jiang Ning got out of the car and rushed into the yard.

    Shu Xueqing was here, as was the director of the hospital, discussing Gu Tinglin's condition.

    Seeing Jiang Ning come back, Shu Xueqing with dark eyes turned red, "A-Ning, your father..."

    Jiang Ning's lips and teeth parted, "What's wrong with him?"

    "He's been waiting for you."

    Gu Tinglin was in a very bad state Poor, but the hospital didn't have any medicine, and the antibiotics Jiang Ning left behind didn't work.

    The dean said that it is a miracle that he can survive until now.

    Even if there is medicine, it is too late.

    Shu Xueqing stayed on guard for several days, both physically and mentally on the verge of collapse, she couldn't hold back her tears when she saw Jiang Ning come back.

    Jiang Ning didn't say anything, and walked towards the room with a sullen face.

    The two subconsciously wanted to follow in, Huo Yi took a few steps to guard the door, "A Ning wants to be alone with father."

    Gu Tinglin was still in a coma, his face was pale and bloodless, and he had lost a lot of weight.

    As a doctor, just listening to his breathing rhythm, Jiang Ning felt unoptimistic.

    Without thinking too much, she brought Gu Tinglin into the space.

    The CT machine has radiation, and Jiang Ning specially installed it in the container in the black earth garden to conduct an emergency inspection for him.

    Seeing the video results, I can't help but let people gasp.

    White lungs!

    Jiang Ning warned himself to be calm, it's not the worst yet.

    First put on a ventilator for oxygen supply, and a cardiopulmonary monitor.

    Ordinary antibiotics don't work, and the medicine will be dispensed immediately.

    I was put on hormones, and I hung four or five bottles of them together with other medicines.

    Jiang Ning stayed by the side for a moment, watching the medicine slowly flow into his body through the infusion tube.

    It wasn't until the monitoring index values ​​improved that she was slightly relieved.

    In the past, when he was standing, his brows were rigid and his body was as straight as a pine.

    She never took a good look at him when his eyes met.

    Now unconscious, the evil spirit on his body has disappeared, his facial features are much softer, and a sense of fragility has swept over him.

    It turns out that mountains can also fall.

    Now he is no different from ordinary people, life and death are unpredictable.

    Jiang Ning held his hand against his forehead, wide and thick, but without the warmth of the past.

    I wanted to open my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

ʚChapter 545 Tears streaming down my face
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    After the injection, the monitor maintained a stable value.

    Jiang Ning took Gu Tinglin out of the space.

    The director of the hospital had already left, but Rong Sanshao came.

    "Sister, how is the chief?"

    Jiang Ning didn't answer, but looked at Shu Xueqing, who was looking uneasy, "I have medicine there, so it's more convenient to take care of."

    Shu Xueqing wanted to say that moving around is not good for patients, but she thought of Gu Tinglin However, he still nodded and agreed.

    "Okay, you spend more time with him."

    Even if you find him back, but the father and daughter spend too little time together.

    I always thought there was still a chance, and I didn't rush to take my time, but the accident came earlier than tomorrow.

    Huo Yishen carried the unconscious Gu Tinglin back to the house next door, with Third Young Master Rong helping him.

    Jiang Ning followed and left, seeing Shu Xueqing sitting absent-mindedly, all her energy was taken away, she couldn't help turning her head and comfortingly said: "He won't die." This sentence seemed to be said

    to Shu Xueqing, more like it was said to herself .

    Shu Xueqing nodded, but tears were streaming down her face.

    After everyone left, she dared to cry bitterly, "Old Gu."

    Jiang Ning vacated a room and went to the warehouse to bring a camp bed, and the three of them worked together to put Gu Tinglin in place.

    She took out the medicine and asked Huo Yishen to help feed it.

    Doudou boiled the noodles and brought them out to fill the stomachs of the three of them. She asked with a worried expression, "Can Uncle Gu be cured?" Her brother

    and sister-in-law were not around, and she went to the next door to help from time to time these days.

    No one expected that Uncle Gu would fall ill when his brother and sister-in-law left. She took out all the medicines at home that could be used, but it still had no effect.

    Jiang Ning was in a daze, "Doudo, why did he suddenly get sick?"

    Doudou also heard about it, "Uncle Gu went out to inspect the base. The weather was fine, but suddenly it was raining and the wind was drenched. The fever didn't go away the night he came back." The antipyretics didn't work at all

    .

    Jiang Ning had a headache, "His illness has turned into pneumonia."

    Doudou said what he heard in the past few days, "Many people who were exposed to the rain were sick, vomiting, fever, aches and diarrhea, but they didn't even go to the hospital. Medicine can only be used to reduce fever physically, acupuncture or acupoint massage."

    However, there are relatively few serious cases like Uncle Gu.

    Jiang Ning frowned tightly, the sky had even been eroded by acid rain, and it was not uncommon for it to carry germs.

    Gu Tinglin's body was exhausted, and he was easily infected by germs.

    Virus infection is very troublesome. If it is still a new type of virus...

    Jiang Ning has a splitting headache and hopes that everything can be done in time.

    She has no appetite, but now is not the time to collapse.

    After serving the boiled gnocchi with beans, Jiang Ning forced himself to eat.

    Rong Sanshao comforted him while eating, "Sister, the chief is blessed and fateful, and you are protected by God, and your medical skills are so powerful, the King of Hades will have to walk around when you see him..."

    Comforting Huo Yishen whose identity was robbed, " ..."

    Rong Sanshao continued to babble, "He is the leader of the base. He has a woman and a family to take care of. He is an upright character. He will definitely be fine." After

    he finished all the good things, Huo Yishen still what can i say

    Doudou added an extra bowl for Rong Sanshao, "Uncle Rong, I'm sorry to trouble you with your busy schedule these past few days, right? Someday when Uncle Gu gets well, we'll treat you to a big meal." "It's okay

    , I work..."

    After being pierced by "uncle" with ten thousand arrows, Third Young Master Rong's heart was dripping with blood, "Little Douer, call me brother from now on, I'm still young."

    "But, you are older than my brother."

    Rong Sanshao was riddled with holes, but Doudou's face was full of innocence.

    Forget it, my sister and brother-in-law are in a bad mood, so he won't argue with Xiaodouer today.

    After eating and wiping his mouth, Major General Rong San roughly talked about the supplies on board, "Sister, the cargo ship has come back, there are a lot of glass in it, there is also a lot of fuel, there are a few water towers, a few useless guns..." He

    counted The supplies from the last cargo ship were reported, "Sister, what do you plan to do with it, just give me an order, and I will arrange it.

    " Not even the scum.

    Jiang Ning was not in the mood, "Let's put it aside for now, we'll talk about it in a few days."

    Third Young Master Rong didn't stay long and hurried back to work.

    Jiang Ning went back to his room, entered the space to check his medicines, and thought about how to use them most effectively.

    After so many years, she has never neglected traditional Chinese medicine, and has studied with Professor Li and Ma Guangnian, and has in-depth research on classic prescriptions.

    After prescribing the prescription, she rummaged through the prepared herbal medicine to prepare it, and decocted a few doses to store it in the space.

    It was almost dark when we came out.

    Jiang Ning checked Gu Tinglin's pulse, first fed some half a bowl of chicken soup as a base, and then gave him a nutritional injection, and then gave him traditional Chinese medicine.

    Shu Xueqing specially made porridge and brought it over to take care of her.

    Jiang Ning had no choice but to put away the monitor and cover Gu Tinglin with a quilt.

    Shu Xueqing asked nervously, "Ah Ning, how is your father doing now?"

    "The fever has subsided for now." Jiang Ning explained, "I suppressed it with special hormone drugs, and I have to continue to observe."

    Shu Xueqing was tampered with Heart, it was only then that he breathed a sigh of relief, "I made porridge, and I want to feed it to your father, and then wipe his body."

    "I've just fed nutrition granules just now, which is good for my body's recovery. If I wipe my body, Ah Shen will do it later." It's not that I don't want to let her take care of it, but Gu Tinglin has needle holes on his body and traces left by monitoring equipment.

    Shu Xueqing As the head nurse, it is easy to be discovered if she takes care of her personally.

    Jiang Ning didn't want to make trouble, "Auntie Shu has worked hard for you these days, I will take care of you next time, come and accompany him when you are free, and your own health is also important." Shu Xueqing put the porridge down and went into the house to take care of Gu Tinglin

    .

    The head nurse is not fake, but she is undoubtedly half a doctor with more experience.

    She was well aware of the dangers of pneumonia, and the dean even issued a critical illness notice, thinking that she would not be able to escape this time.

    Now the condition has not deteriorated, and the fever has subsided.

    Shu Xueqing's tormented heart calmed down, she gently held his hand, her voice was extremely gentle, "Old Gu, Ah Ning is back, you must get better, and the future will be better." Jiang Ning stood outside the door,

    listening She was talking with Gu Tinglin, feeling mixed feelings.

    She returned to the room and let the two of them get along quietly.

    Shu Xueqing stayed for half an hour, then got up and went back to the next door.

    Pneumonia is easy to get worse repeatedly, Jiang Ning dare not take it lightly, set up a bed next to him, and took turns keeping vigil with Huo Yishen.

    Sure enough, a high fever suddenly developed at night.

    The pills didn't work, so Jiang Ning quickly gave an antipyretic injection.

    As soon as the fever subsided, the blood oxygen dropped again, and oxygen was quickly supplied.

    After tossing all night, it finally stabilized at dawn.

    Shu Xueqing next door didn't rest all night, and came to visit early.

    Doudou made breakfast, and Jiang Ning invited her to sit with her, "Aunt Shu, you go to work when you should, and I will take care of the house, so nothing will happen."

    How could Shu Xueqing be in the mood to go to work, but now there are many patients in the hospital, and there is an urgent shortage of medical staff, she doesn't even have time to rest, she keeps spinning.

    Furthermore, if she is here, it will be inconvenient for Jiang Ning to take care of her, so it is better to leave more space for the father and daughter to get along alone.

    After weighing things up, Shu Xueqing still decided to go to work, so she wouldn't be so worried when she was busy, "Ah Ning, if someone from the military headquarters comes to visit the doctor, just say that your father's illness is not very serious and he will be fine in a few days."

ʚChapter 546 Dad, I'm Sorry
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    Jiang Ning was slightly surprised, she didn't expect her to think so comprehensively.

    Seen through by Jiang Ning, Shu Xueqing said coyly: "The army is not as complicated as outside, but your father's status is special, and it affects the whole body. I was in a hurry and wanted to ask

    Doudou to help send your father to the hospital. I happened to meet you A friend of yours came over.

    He mentioned it, so he kept it a secret, and he only said that your father had a cold."

    The vision is different, and the things you see are different.

    The friend she talks about should be Rong Sanshao.

    The army is a closed-loop society. Even if discipline is strict, as long as there are people, there will be interests and conflicts.

    The southern military was formed and brought up by Gu Tinglin. He was the top leader conferred by the state from the beginning, and the team was selected and trained by himself.

    With him in charge, even those with active minds under his command have to hold back and serve the common goals and interests.

    But is he about to fall?

    Who doesn't want to take it to the next level?

    Will the third child be convinced by the second child, or will the second child tolerate the presumptuousness of the third child?

    People are not ruthless, and their positions are unstable.

    If Jiang Ning hadn't appeared, Gu Tinglin would have disappeared like this, and Shu Xueqing's treatment as the chief's widow should not be bad.

    But now that Gu Tinglin has more daughters and sons-in-law, and they show up with a large amount of supplies, even though Jiang Ning has no ambitions, they really don't think too much?

    From the fact that Shu Xueqing waited for Gu Tinglin for twenty years, it is not difficult to see that she is a person who puts love first.

    Except for Gu Tinglin's job, her world is not complicated, and she doesn't have a deep understanding of the complexity and cruelty of people's hearts under the end of the natural disaster.

    She was not wrong, but once Gu Lin entered the hospital, the paper would not be able to contain the fire at all.

    Once they have thoughts that they shouldn't have, it is impossible to suppress them any longer.

    Even if Jiang Ning came back in time and pulled Gu Tinglin back from the gate of hell, the team's taste changed.

    Regardless of Jiang Ning's god-making plan or Gu Tinglin's future management, it is definitely not a good thing.

    Jiang Ning sighed, the second generation of slippers was actually reliable at the critical moment.

    "Well, after all this is over, I'll treat him to dinner and thank you."

    After Shu Xueqing left, Jiang Ning went into the room to give Gu Tinglin an IV, acupoint massage, acupuncture and so on.

    After finishing everything, half a day passed.

    Shu Xueqing came back to visit at noon, and seeing that Gu Tinglin was in stable condition, she hurried back to the hospital to be busy.

    In the afternoon, someone really came to visit.

    Not the second in command of the base, but Secretary He.

    A few days ago, he accompanied Gu Tinglin to inspect, and also fell ill after being exposed to the rain.

    Fever, vomiting, body aches and pains, but relatively young and in good health, it can be regarded as hard work.

    The serious illness has not yet recovered, and Secretary He is weak and bloodless. He just got out of bed and struggled to come over. "Comrade Jiang, how is the situation of the chief?"

    Jiang Ning invited him into the room, "It is stable, and we need to continue the treatment.

    " Gu Tinglin's secretary had nothing to hide, and his hesitation would make people suspicious, so he graciously let him in to have a look.

    "When will the chief wake up?"

    The pneumonia has changed so much that Jiang Ning is not absolutely sure, but he can't reveal the critical time, pretending to be relaxed and saying: "It is possible at any time."

    Then he asked with concern, "I heard that Secretary He also I'm sick, how is it now?"

    Secretary He covered his mouth and coughed, and said shortly, "It's much better."

    Jiang Ning said enthusiastically, "If you don't mind, I can treat you."

    Secretary He couldn't wish for it. You must know that the chief's body conditioning medicine for the past two years was prepared by her, and the effect seems to be very good.

    Jiang Ning carefully diagnosed and treated him, "He has just recovered from a serious illness, and his body needs conditioning and nutrition."

    She went into the storage room and grabbed three doses of herbs for conditioning the body, as well as two canned fruits.

    Secretary He was frightened to death, this is a luxury item, how dare he accept it.

    "Take it." Jiang Ning forced it to him, "The body is the capital of the revolution. You have worked hard these years, and you can work better when you are cured. After taking the three doses of medicine, come back and make adjustments at that time.

    " As the chief's secretary, this position is extremely important, and it must be extraordinary to be able to follow Gu Tinglin for so long.

    You can't really just use him as a secretary, but give him both kindness and prestige.

    Secretary He had no choice but to accept it, and said tactfully: "The leaders are worried about the chief's health and want to come to visit. Since the chief needs to rest, I will go back to them." Jiang Ning was very satisfied, "Thank you, thank you for your hard work.

    " "

    Secretary He left, he looked down at the things in his hand, a little dumbfounded, but at the same time couldn't help but feel relieved for the chief.

    He finally waited for this day.

    In the evening, Shu Xueqing didn't come back until it was dark, and Doudou had already prepared dinner.

    She felt so embarrassed that there was nothing she could do to help.

    Jiang Ning said calmly: "Aunt Shu, we are a family, there is no need to see others too much."

    Shu Xueqing was surprised for a moment, feeling that she seemed to have changed a lot this time, not as indifferent and alienated as before.

    It is estimated that it has something to do with Lao Gu's illness.

    Life is impermanent, I hope everything still has a chance.

    During the meal, she talked about the current situation of the hospital, "There was a problem with the rain a few days ago, and many people in the base were sick."

    Jiang Ning followed her words, "Is there a cure?"

    "Drink more boiled water, acupuncture or massage, and only use medicinal treatment if the condition is very serious."

    The medicine is still exchanged with Jiang Ning.

    The herbs grown in the hospital were not harvested well, but they were still used.

    It's not perfect, but hopefully it works.

    Jiang Ning didn't know what to say, "I hope I can get through this."

    In the first half of the night, Huo Yishen kept watch.

    Jiang Ning patted his waist, "It's been hard for you these few days."

    Huo Yishen held her in his arms, "It's only natural to take care of my father-in-law. The situation is improving and he will be fine. Don't worry too much. I broke myself."

    "I'm fine."

    Jiang Ning returned to the room, but couldn't sleep because of tossing and turning.

    Huo Yishen didn't call her, and kept watch all night.

    After breakfast, after Shu Xueqing left, Jiang Ning continued to administer hormones to Gu Tinglin, and then moved into the space for a CT scan to check the condition of the lungs.

    Judging from the latest image data, the area of ​​the white lung has been greatly reduced.

    The medicine is working.

    Unable to restrain his excitement, Jiang Ning took several deep breaths.

    She walked into the room and wanted to take Gu Tinglin away, but found that he slowly opened his eyes.

    The four eyes faced each other and stared for a long time.

    After a while, Gu Tinglin sat up from the machine and wiped Jiang Ning's face with his hand. His voice was extremely hoarse, "Don't be afraid, I'm still here."

    Jiang Ning realized later that tears were streaming down his face.

    She lost control for a moment and hugged him tightly, her throat choked and uncomfortable.

    I'm afraid this time it's also Nankeyimeng.

    She has been dreaming for the past two days, dreaming that the monitor shows four straight lines, and the harsh sound of the machine is like a sharp knife.

    Woke up with a painful heartache.

    "Dad, I'm sorry."

ʚChapter 547 His Answer Surprised Her
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    Gu Tinglin was very dizzy, and his whole body was spinning, but when he heard her voice, he was extremely awake.

    Is this a dying dream, or...

    Gu Tinglin couldn't believe it, but the person holding him was still trembling.

    He tried to hug her back with a generous heart, "Father is here."

    When Jiang Ning woke up, she was actually quite embarrassed. She didn't expect to live two lives again, thinking that she had seen through feelings long ago. use.

    She closed herself off and faced this broken world with indifference, thinking that she would not be hurt.

    But when the hard shell covering him was broken, he found that he was still an emotional animal in the end, and he couldn't control himself.

    She let go and stepped back two steps away, turning around and wiping her wet face indiscriminately.

    Gu Tinglin came back to his senses and looked around.

    Shocked, but not particularly shocked.

    "Where is this?"

    Jiang Ning's head was buzzing, and he didn't know what to answer for a moment.

    She took a deep breath and calmed down after a while, "You can walk out of this door."

    Gu Tinglin thought thoughtfully, "Are you sure?"

    The space has a relationship with him, but the beneficiary is her.

    Gu Tinglin is so perceptive, "Perhaps, it's just a dream."

    Jiang Ning understood what he meant, but since he found out, it doesn't make much sense to hide it, "The scenery outside is nice."

    Gu Tinglin pushed open the door, rich The crops and medicine fields come into view.

    He saw helicopters, cruise ships, submarines, fishing boats, countless military cards, various containers, and even tinder boxes.

    Countless materials are stacked neatly and orderly, making people dazzled.

    Wherever he looked, even though he was used to seeing the head of the storm, he was still extremely shocked.

    Gu Tinglin looked at her, and couldn't hide his pity in his eyes, "Isn't it tiring and dangerous to collect these?"

    Jiang Ning was stunned, he didn't expect this to be his first reaction when he saw the space.

    Even Huo Yishen never said that.

    The heart was a little paralyzed, the heat kept rushing to the brain, and the eyes were sore, "It's, it's okay."

    She got used to her rationality, and she quickly cleared up her emotions, "Do you know how this space came about?"

    Gu Tinglin didn't know.

    "You gave the jade pendant to Song Yaling back then, and she left the jade pendant when she sent me to the orphanage."

    Jiang Ning told the truth, "Two days before the typhoon, I accidentally activated it At that time, it was only about 80 square meters, and the space area and materials were collected slowly later."

    After finishing speaking, she looked at Gu Tinglin intently, "If you go back to the source, the space is strictly yours, but it is bound to me by chance. Sure, maybe you can find a way to take it back."

    Gu Tinglin looked indifferent, "The jade pendant is a family heirloom of the Gu family, passed down from generation to generation, but it eventually created a space in your hands. This is the fate between you and it.

    Since It has chosen you, it already belongs to you, I will not covet it."

    Thinking of her experience, guilt welled up in his heart, "Furthermore, you and I are father and daughter, mine is yours. Missing yours Growing up, as a father, I have really neglected my duty, and because of it to keep you safe in the last days, I feel less guilty in my heart."

    His answer surprised her a little.

    Want to say something, but don't know what to say.

    After calming down a bit, Jiang Ning said again, "You have served the country and the people all your life, and you don't want to use the materials in the space to create human beings?"

    Gu Tinglin was silent, and then said after a while: "Of course I want to, but haven't you already done so?"

    Jiang Ning was dumbfounded.

    If the land sinks, in order to save more humans, he may really be unable to help but speak up, but he has stabilized now.

    The space is only about 20 acres of land, but there are tens of thousands of people in the base. How many people can they support even if they are fully supplied?

    Natural disasters have been going on for more than ten years, and it is not uncommon for people to indulge in evil.

    It is only natural to get something for nothing for a long time. Once the desire is not satisfied one day, hatred will follow.

    Gu Tinglin would not risk his daughter's life.

    Even if you want to do it, you have to find the perfect balance.

    "A Ning, I'm very pleased that you can still maintain this heart after going through thousands of sails."

    "You can do whatever you want without worrying about it." Gu Tinglin patted her on the shoulder, "As long as I'm still standing, you don't have to worry about it." Wronged."

    Jiang Ning turned around and raised her head slightly, desperately trying to calm herself down.

    Does he know something?

    That's right, she traded rare metals for submarines at the southern military base.

    Coming out of the space, Gu Tinglin lay back on the bed to recuperate, and he fell into a deep sleep soon after being tired.

    Different from the strictness in the past, the corners of the mouth are slightly raised, and the state of the body is extremely relaxed.

    Jiang Ning unscrewed the door and found Huo Yishen guarding the living room.

    Back in the room, she told what happened just now, "He knows space."

    Huo Yishen was not surprised, from the moment he decided to stay, he knew that there would be such a day sooner or later.

    Even Gu Tinglin's decision is not surprising.

    He has completed the national mission, and the Huaxia region no longer exists, but its culture and nation will never disappear, and will be passed down from generation to generation.

    The first half of my life was dedicated to the country, and the few years left to make up for my loved ones is beyond reproach.

    As early as when Gu Tinglin named the base Fengcheng, some seeds had already taken root.

    The beloved son of the parents has a far-reaching plan for it.

    After this time, Jiang Ning has accepted Gu Tinglin from the bottom of her heart.

    Huo Yishen is really happy for her, this is what Jiang Ning has been missing for two lifetimes, and now she finally has a chance.

    When Shu Xueqing came back at noon, she couldn't hold back her tears when she saw Gu Tinglin awake.

    Jiang Ning didn't bother, and went into the kitchen to cook carefully.

    What should not have appeared, did not appear at the dinner table.

    After lunch was over, Jiang Ning brought Gu Tinglin a bowl of herbal pork rib soup.

    Gu Tinglin was afraid that she might have concerns, "Your Auntie Shu is not a complicated person, and she never asks what shouldn't be asked."

    This is the way the two get along, and they have been used to it for more than ten years.

    Jiang Ning nodded, "Yes."

    After this incident, both of them knew that with Jiang Ning's arrival, many things would change quietly at any time.

    In the afternoon, Secretary He came to the door again and almost cried with joy when he saw the chief woke up.

    Gu Tinglin was able to get out of bed and walk, so he moved back to his home to recuperate.

    Jiang Ning didn't stop him, and put the medicine and the injection water into the bag, and at the same time, he didn't forget to tear off the production date on the hanging bottle.

    No, sure enough, several high-level military officials came to visit.

    Furthermore, since Gu Tinglin has been ill for so many days, it is estimated that there is a backlog of business affairs that have not been dealt with.

    Jiang Ning could only prick up his ears to listen to a few words. After all, the base's plate is so big, even if he is sick, it doesn't mean that he can just let go.

    When it was dark, an unexpected visitor came, "Sister."

    Seeing his smile, Jiang Ning had a terrible toothache.

    She was surprised that this guy can step on the meal every time, and there is no one else.

    This time, it's not something that can be easily dismissed by lumps of dough. Jiang Ning asked Doudou to fry an extra egg, half a plate of ham, canned luncheon meat, and canned fish.

    Rong Sanshao yelled, "Sister, you are so kind to me!"

    He was so impolite, he ate, "Brother-in-law, I haven't eaten eggs in more than ten years.

    " , "Little Douer, your cooking skills are superb.

    "

    After finishing two bowls of fragrant and soft rice, Third Young Master Rong slowed down, "Sister, is my dad cured?"

    Dad? Jiang Ning's eyes narrowed!

ʚChapter 548 Show Me Your Abilities
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    Facing Third Young Master Rong's thick-skinned and self-familiarity, Jiang Ning was speechless, "It's better."

    Third Young Master Rong didn't feel the slightest bit, "Let's just say, our father is blessed with great destiny, and he fights illness with righteousness. You have to get seven points back, and there is no problem in living to a hundred years old."

    Jiang Ning couldn't hold back his eyes.

    "Sister, the corpses on the cargo ship have been disposed of, and I asked someone to clean the cabin."

    Rong Sanshao returned to the subject, "There are a lot of supplies inside, what do you plan to do with them?"

    Gu Tinglin's illness is no longer serious, as long as Just keep healing until healed, it's time to deal with the cargo ship.

    Jiang Ning thought for a while, "The fuel oil is left on the ship, and all the glass, steel, and wood are shipped back for me. The moldy food is thrown away. I will give half of the good ones, and the other half will be given to you. If the army is in charge of the glass

    , The hard work will be paid for by fuel, and if ordinary people are asked to carry it, it will be paid for by food or medicine.” “As long as

    our team takes care of it, the fuel fee earned will be handed over.” Rong Sanshao is shrewd and cunning, and his abacus is loud, “The fuel can be reduced. The main point is, how about giving each soldier another two catties of food?" What

    can Jiang Ning say ?

    This kind of person can be eaten anywhere.

    It's just that the beating came too late. If the natural disaster hadn't come, his business achievements would be no less than that of Master Rong.

    Of course, it is also possible to go in and step on the sewing machine with half of the criminal law on your back, or to drive a bumper car and crash it.

    "Sister, you and brother-in-law are so kind to me, how can I ask for your things again." He said righteously, "Don't worry, the supplies on the cargo ship have been counted, and I guarantee that none of them will be missing.

    " He was noisy, took a deep breath and rubbed his forehead, "The food is divided in half, and the soldier's salary comes from my share." "

    Sister, how can it be, this is you and brother-in-law in exchange for their lives..."

    "Half your portion will be given to Captain He, and I will visit him in two days."

    Rong Sanshao's mouth went over his head, "Okay, sister."

    It was too late to cover his mouth!

    He was very proud of being commanded by his sister, "Sister, where to put the glass? You can't fit it in your yard." "

    I want to use glass to build a greenhouse, but there are no accessories for riveting..."

    "Sister, don't underestimate it. With the wisdom of our Chinese people, can a living person be suffocated to death by urine?"

    Rong Sanshao patted his chest and promised, "I will take care of this, and I promise to build dozens of glass greenhouses for you." Thinking of

    his foolishness     , Jiang Ning slammed the

    alarm in his heart, "Are you sure ?"

, and his recent performance, Jiang Ning decided to give the opportunity, "Okay, let me see your ability."

    Rong Sanshao was very happy, grinning to the back of his ears.

    Jiang Ning suddenly sighed a little, remembering how beautiful he was in the car modification club, slippers with diamonds, surrounded by beautiful women in fragrant cars, traveling in tens of millions of luxury cars... But now because he took over the project, he is as happy as a three-year-old child

    .

    Time.

    "Sister, the glass was directly transported to the plantation in the southern district. There was a sandstorm earlier, and there was a problem with the rain a few days ago. All the vegetables turned yellow and withered. It can't be saved.

    " It can be harvested, but it is ruthlessly destroyed by the harsh weather.

    It is foreseeable that the life of survivors will be more difficult in the next period of time.

    When the second generation was full, Jiang Ning gave six bottles of canned fruit, "Not for you, four bottles for your elder brother and niece, and two bottles for Captain He."

    He was used to being called in Aoyuan, but Jiang Ning still called He Tianming that way.

    After eating and taking, Rong Sanshao was not polite at all, "Thank you sister, it takes time and effort to transport materials and build a glass greenhouse. I can't spare so much time on duty. I will let my elder brother and niece run errands. But don't

    worry , You must have done a good job, or you will screw my head off and play it as a ball."

    Jiang Ning really thought he was noisy, "Young poor, hurry up."

    Turn off the lights at night and rest.

    Seeing that she was neither in need nor sleepy, Huo Yi was puzzled and said: "Is there something on your mind?"

    Jiang Ning thought for a while, "San Shao Rong is quite reliable this time, I decided to give him a chance."

    "Tie him into our profit chain?"

    "Yeah."

    Gu Tinglin's illness was like a heavy punch on Jiang Ning's heart, and some matters should not be delayed.

    Third young master Rong likes to brag, and he has a purpose in getting close to her, but it's hard to see people's hearts, and it is precisely because he has a conspiracy in his heart that he can be safely drawn into the team.

    Whether engaging in communication or survival, he has his own unique ways.

    As a partner, it should be a good choice.

    After making this decision, I felt a lot more relaxed, and hoped that he would not let her have a day of wielding a knife.

    After breakfast, after Shu Xueqing went to work, Jiang Ning went next door, "Why didn't you get an IV?"

    Gu Tinglin explained, "There are too many patients in the hospital, and your Aunt Shu said to come back at noon."

    Jiang Ning took out the stewed chicken soup to replenish his body, Put the drip on again.

    Seeing that there were still handwritten documents on the table, her face darkened, "You work so hard every day, you really don't intend to kill yourself?"

    Gu Tinglin denied, "I have already let the people under my hand take care of the unimportant matters."

    After coming back from hell again, and with his daughter's concern, he was willing to talk about his work problems, "Military affairs are fine, but government affairs are a headache."

    Jiang Ning has long been concerned about this issue.

    Even the southern military base with 300,000 people can be handled. Now there are only about 5,000 soldiers, which is just a piece of cake for Gu Tinglin.

    But the southern military base is purely militarized management. Even if there are scavengers composed of countless small forces, no one dares to act presumptuously in the base. This is due to his iron bowl method of governing the base.

    But Fengcheng is different, it is not a military base, but a base led by soldiers.

    It is simply not realistic to militarize all survivors.

    But if the army is socialized, the base will also be chaotic.

    The reason why modern society can develop civilized and rapidly, first of all, it is necessary to separate the military from the government. These are two lines that go hand in hand. They intersect in turmoil, but they run parallel in peacetime.

    Complement each other without disturbing each other.

    To manage society, iron and blood are not practical, but more wisdom is needed.

    Under the watchful eyes of the soldiers, the survivors dare not kill and set fire, but today you steal firewood, tomorrow he steals clothes, or there is a quarrel in the street, you punch me, this kind of trivial thing happens every day occur.

    If you let stubborn and stubborn soldiers judge right and wrong, it will only intensify the conflict.

    It's not a serious crime, and we can't point a gun at them, but they are exhausted by these nonsense every day.

    Jiang Ning didn't want him to die from overwork, "Have you ever thought about completely separating the military from the government?"

ʚChapter 549 Are you ready for the handover of power?
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    Gu Tinglin had thought about it a long time ago, and even kept implementing it, but the effect was very bad.

    It's true that they are father and daughter, but Jiang Ning's words hit the nail on the head, "You are divided, but you are not divided."

    The functions seem to be separated, but the people who manage are still soldiers.

    People's thinking and personality will solidify and cannot be changed in a short time.

    There are specializations in the art industry, and generals who are vigorous and decisive in the military may not even be comparable to ordinary people in other industries.

    Gu Tinglin understood what she meant, "We have selected among the survivors, but we haven't found a particularly suitable government management talent."

    Jiang Ning asked, "Is there really none?"

    Gu Tinglin thought sharply, "You mean He Tianming?"

    He The people really went to invite them, and they still visited the thatched cottage three times, but they were all rejected by He Tianming.

    reject? Jiang Ning was surprised, but quickly realized.

    "Before you went to invite him, were you prepared for the handover of power?"

    These words made Gu Tinglin pause.

    It's not that he doesn't want to, but it's about power and trust, and there are too many aspects involved.

    He was thoughtful, "Do you trust him?"

    Jiang Ning told all of He Tianming's experience in Fengcheng, "He is a rare talent in government affairs, but military affairs and government affairs are two completely different management systems. He knows very well that the power of government affairs is not in his hands, and in the end, he is afraid that he will not only fail to achieve results but will make him feel ashamed, so he will continue to reject you."

    Gu Tinglin thought for a while, "A Ning, the military and political reform will affect the whole body, especially It is a drastic reform, and the obstacles encountered are huge, but Fengcheng needs to develop rapidly, and the reform trend must be followed."

    In fact, he knew in his heart that Jiang Ning made the suggestion because he was worried that his body would not be able to bear it.

    Reform is what he has always wanted to do. One is that there are few people in the base, and the bad weather can't even solve food and clothing; .

    Looking at Jiang Ning, Gu Tinglin said softly, "It will take time, and I will arrange it."

    Some things don't need to be said, they can be understood with a glance.

    After finishing the drip, Jiang Ning left him a package of rice noodles, Cantonese-style sausage enema, and two catties of pills, "I'll ask Ah Shen to come over and install the range hood later."

    Gu Tinglin opened his mouth to refuse, but he didn't say anything in the end.

    Even if the next door is too eye-catching to walk around, Jiang Ning pondered: "Open a door on the courtyard wall?"

    This is what Gu Tinglin would like to see, "Okay."

    So Huo Yishen opened a door on the courtyard wall, It is convenient for the two to come and go.

    Then install a range hood for my father-in-law.

    Jiang Ning calculated the time, but he didn't come back for most of the day.

    When he came back, he felt like something was different.

    Jiang Ning was slightly surprised, as if his figure was more upright, but his brows were more relaxed, as if he had returned to the scene on the 18th floor when the two first met.

    She couldn't help asking curiously, "What happened?"

    Huo Yishen poured her a glass of water, and said calmly, "A-Ning, Dad wants me to join the military, and I agree."

    Jiang Ning was surprised, and said after a while: "Aren't you..."

    In his previous life, because of disaster relief, he missed the opportunity to go home to pick up his sister, and as a result, Doudou was left with only a bone.

    Participated in the rescue for ten years with grief, but ended up being eaten alive.

    Once again, he still chooses the same path.

    Weng son-in-law had a heart-to-heart conversation, and what he said hit the nail on the head. As early as when Huo Yishen stepped into Fengcheng, he had expected such a day, so he readily agreed.

    He said calmly: "Ah Ning, whether it is the escape from Hwaseong or the encounter in the North Pole, I don't want you to experience it again. I am your husband, and I should protect you carefully, instead of choosing to

    escape when the secret is exposed. , or risk your life to confront it.”

    As long as you are strong enough, even if wolves look around, they can’t hurt you at all.

    Huo Yi deeply wants to give Jiang Ning a home, a place where he can live with peace of mind, instead of endless wandering.

    Even though the two of them didn't mention the god-making plan, how could they really hide it from Gu Tinglin.

    He is already planning to help Jiang Ning.

    The reason why I went to Huo Yishen first was because I wanted to find out about the two of them.

    The father-in-law is the same all over the world, I hope that the son-in-law can be strong enough to protect his daughter from wind and rain, and be her lifelong harbor.

    This time it's just a pre-battle, as long as Huo Yishen agrees, it will no longer be a problem for Gu Tinglin to have a heart-to-heart talk with his daughter.

    Jiang Ning didn't object, "What department does he plan to put you in?"

    "Not yet." But if you want to climb the ranks, there is no easy way.

    How could Jiang Ning not know that Gu Tinglin was paving the way for the two of them.

    In the evening, just as the food was on the table, Cengfan Wang arrived on time, "Sister, brother-in-law."

    He brought over the medicines he found on the cargo ship, "I just finished my duty." What

    can Doudou say, silently adding an extra pair of bowls and chopsticks .

    Young Master Rong's brows are curved, Xiao Dou'er is really smart.

    Cengfan Wang is so impolite, he just opened his mouth and said, "Sister, your cooking skills are really good, I can live three years longer with just one bite."

    Jiang Ning ruthlessly exposed, "Your brother-in-law did it."

    "Well, my sister and brother-in-law are really loving. Not only are they more and more like husband and wife, but even their cooking skills are indistinguishable from each other."

    Jiang Ning, "..."

    Huo Yishen "..."

    After flattering, Rong Sanshao got down to business, "Sister, the glass has already started to be transported to the plantations in the southern district. My elder brother has found some carpenters who know how to work. There is still a lack of materials to build a glass greenhouse, but the base Many survivors will go out to scavenge and find things. Some things can barely be exchanged. Just exchange them for food or herbs. In addition

    , the steel bars and steel plates found on the boat can also be used to build greenhouses.

    The old master calculated that the glass brought back Almost 20 mu of land can be built."

    Jiang Ning had no objection, "Well, you can do it as you see, and you don't need to report everything, I will see the result." "

    Sister, don't worry, I promise it will be beautiful."

    After finishing the meal, Dou Dou went to the kitchen to wash the dishes, Rong Sanshao sat there and didn't seem to want to leave.

    Seeing Jiang Ning raising his eyebrows, he quickly sat down, "Sister, I met an old acquaintance at the pier today, guess who it is?" The

    mysterious look probably has something to do with her, Jiang Ning said casually: "Who "

    "Xu Kaitai."

    Jiang Ning thought about it in his mind, and it turned out to be instructor Xu.

    He has long belonged to the Hwaseong base, why did he come to the Fengcheng base? Could it be that he was looking for Gu Tinglin.

    Jiang Ning frowned, "What is he here for?"

    Rong Sanshao met Xu Kaitai at the Hwaseong base. After all, the leader of the southern military did not come. Even if the base is okay in all aspects, regional groupings are still common.

    People are divided into groups, birds of a feather flock together, even dogs are companions, let alone humans.

    But the strange thing is that Xu Kaitai disappeared less than two months after Jiang Ning, and never came back after leaving the mission.

    There were no secrets in the circle, and Rong Sanshao knew after a little inquiring that Xu Kaitai had accepted the task of going to sea to find the southern military and other leaders.

    It's just that it has disappeared without a trace since then...

ʚChapter 550 Should I Look For A Chance To Have A Child?
previous chapter
bookshelf
Table of contents
bookmark
next chapter
    No one knows whether Xu Kaitai was not found, or whether he was in danger in the ocean.

    The list goes on and on, and some people leave and never come back.

    But today, Rong Sanshao saw Xu Kaitai again, and it didn't look like he just landed.

    He couldn't help being curious, so he inquired in private, only to find out that Xu Kaitai had already appeared at the southern military base before he re-emerged on land.

    In other words, he not only found Gu Tinglin a long time ago, but also chose to stay.

    This is understandable, everyone has roots, he was originally from the southern military base, so he naturally has a greater sense of belonging to the old base.

    Just like when Third Young Master Rong drifted to the Fengcheng base, he decisively chose to stay.

    But what is Xu Kaitai doing out in the submarine?

    It is said that every time he leaves, it will last for several months.

    Jiang Ning was a little dazed, and then suddenly realized.

    When Gu Tinglin saw the space scene, why did he look shocked but not particularly surprised.

    It turned out that he had already guessed.

    When she was in the southern military, Xu Kaitai knew that she was under special care from the chief.

    He found the southern military team in the vast ocean, and told Gu Tinglin everything about the Hwaseong base.

    Gu Tinglin knew very well that Jiang Ning would never return to Hwaseong base in this life.

    And he also knew in his heart that the five major military forces gathered at the Hua base, and their military ranks were equal, but the base needed a leader.

    Even if the major leaders can sit still, can the people below sit still?

    At the end of the world, all parties work together to fight disasters, unite as one to build civilization, and the goal of twisting together to develop upward will not change.

    But under the general trend, the team is composed of armies from all sides, as long as it is a human being, there will be conflicts and selfishness.

    As the leader of one party, Gu Tinglin would not be clear about it.

    It is good to know that the Chinese civilization is continuing. Where to build is not to build, but to bloom everywhere is a grand sight.

    For the Hwaseong base, there is not much difference between having him or not.

    Not only did he think so, but even more so did his generals.

    The first half of his life was dedicated to the country, and the Hwaseong base had risen, but for the rest of the time, Gu Tinglin wanted to protect those he owed more.

    Therefore, Gu Tinglin established the Fengcheng base, and Xu Kaitai went to sea to find her.

    Jiang Ning took a deep breath, he really didn't say a word.

    This is the father's love like a mountain, moistening things silently?

    If so, it would make sense for him to ask Huo Yishen to enter the army department.

    After living two lives, Jiang Ning has never been cared for by such a heavy love, and his mood was tumbling for a while.

    Speaking of Xu Kaitai, Rong Sanshao couldn't help but think of his brothers at the Huacheng base, "I don't know how Liu Cheng and the others are doing there?"

    Jiang Ning calmed down and said calmly: "No matter where you are, you are continuing the Chinese civilization. "

    Seeing through, Rong Sanshao touched his stuffed stomach and left.

    Next door, Shu Xueqing worked overtime and didn't come back until evening.

    She was afraid that Gu Tinglin would be hungry, but who knew that he not only cooked, but also kept food for her.

    Shu Xueqing was surprised, "Old Gu, is the sun coming out from the west?"

    Gu Tinglin knows how to cook, but not much.

    When I was young, I often went on missions, and even if I returned to the army, I still had a meal. Later, as the rank of the army increased, I was often too busy, and I didn't have leisure time.

    Shu Xueqing has been taking care of her daily life these years.

    Two simple dishes, and his cooking skills are really not flattering, but Shu Xueqing is very happy, this is the first time he cooks for her.

    Gu Tinglin was looking forward to it, "How are you doing?"

    Shu Xueqing told the truth, "It's salty, but you can eat it." "

    Next time you cook, remember to call me." Gu Tinglin was a little disappointed, but then suddenly realized Said: "I'll learn a few dishes."

    Shu Xueqing was very happy at first, but she paused when she heard his words, "Want to cook for Jiang Ning?"

    Gu Tinglin had a heart, but his cooking skills were really poor.

    To be honest, Shu Xueqing felt a slight gap in her heart, but she quickly adjusted.

    How can he be jealous of Jiang Ning, he has always felt guilty and blamed for missing his daughter's growth and suffering for her, but he has been with him for more than ten years.

    He doesn't know what will happen tomorrow, but he is willing to spend his time on Jiang Ning. He is a responsible person.

    Gu Tinglin smiled, "I will do it for you and Aning in the future."

    With his words, Shu Xueqing was satisfied.

    After eating, she washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen, only to find that there were new supplies in the kitchen.

    Exquisitely packaged rice noodles, sausage and bacon, and fresh balls.

    Shu Xueqing was surprised, when did the base get such good treatment?

    She opened her mouth to ask, but seemed to think of something, squatted down and put the supplies where no one else could see them.

    Lying on the bed with the lights off at night, Shu Xueqing could feel that he was in a good mood, but he didn't seem to be sleepy.

    "Old Gu, still not sleeping?"

    Gu Tinglin hummed, "Go to sleep first, I have something to think about." Shu Xueqing

    couldn't sleep, so she hugged him sideways, "The two of them, A Ning, have settled down, and they are both young. Little one, shouldn't it be time to find a chance to have a baby?"

    The conditions in the last days are difficult, and she has no chance to have a baby.

    The natural disaster was too severe, and there were not many children in the base who were as old as Doudou. The youngest and suitable for childbearing belonged to Jiang Ning's group.

    If there is no more birth, who knows if there will be a chance in a few years.

    Gu Tinglin didn't think about it, "It's not the best time yet, let's wait until these days. It

    will get better and better in the future, but childbirth is indeed a big problem.

    Although there are still young and strong, there are very few women in the base. Moreover, the living conditions are poor, and many people have already collapsed. They are afraid that they may not have a chance when the conditions improve in the future.

    This reminds Gu Tinglin, "Your hospital can research this aspect, and when the conditions improve in the future, you can use medical means. Let more women have reproductive opportunities. "

    Shu Xueqing nodded, "I will discuss with the dean tomorrow and make medical preparations in advance. "

    Gu Tinglin rested at home for two more days. The pneumonia was not completely cured, but he still went to work. He had

    a family and a daughter, so he didn't dare to work as hard as before. He went home to rest after finishing the important things at hand.

    During the illness, there was good news.

    The soldiers who went out to search for resources sent news that a limestone was found more than 100 miles away.

    We can find a way to build a lime kiln to calcine the limestone at high temperature into lime, which can be used as building material silt to further solve the problem of silt shortage . In addition ,

    there is even better news. A coal mountain was discovered more than 300 kilometers away.

    But it is not an open-pit coal mine, and it is estimated that a large amount of manual excavation will be required.

    This news is extremely exciting. Coal can not only solve the fuel problem, but also solve many mechanical problems. The source of kinetic energy.

    But the trouble is that there is not enough manpower.

    After the excitement, it is difficult for all the high-level smart women to cook without rice.

    Fengcheng Base started from scratch, and there is no mechanical assistance, and the number is even more disadvantaged. The soldiers have been divided into two. If things go on like this, everyone will have to be scrapped.

    Since moving bricks and food and clothing, it is really difficult to choose.

    After listening to their discussion quietly, Gu Tinglin said, "There are many things and few things, so choose appropriately."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 510 27
Extreme climates are befalling the earth, and natural disasters such as floods, typhoons, extreme heat, and extreme cold are staged in turn. Jiang Zh...
8.3K 147 12
After Lu Xiaoxiao was reborn in an accidental car accident, she was bound to a convenience store management system. [Drip-received a customer today (...
39.6K 595 47
A ​​ruthless flood swept the world, natural disasters came, extreme cold and heat, earthquakes and a series of extreme weather appeared, human civili...
197K 7.2K 51
❝ TO LOVE AND TO BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ❞ in which a toughened rebel commander finds hope in an annoyingly charming farm boy. ...