Hai Tujhe Bhi Izazat

By eliraovertheclouds

In Physics, we learn 'Opposites attract', in Chemistry, we learn 'Like dissolves like' and in Biology we lear... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Her Life
Chapter 2: His Life
Chapter 3: Hope For The Best
Chapter 4: Varanasi It Is
Chapter 5: Cold Coffee And Sandwiches
Chapter 6: Not Good For Health?
Chapter 7: A Favour
Chapter 8: Anatomy Class
Chapter 9: A New Couple?
Chapter 10: Library Lessons
Chapter 11: Crush?
Announcement
Announcement
Chapter 12: Canteen Or Tea Stall?
Chapter 13: Trouble
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Jealous
Chapter 16: Sorry?
Chapter 17: Caring
Chapter 18: New Feelings
Chapter 19: Confused Feelings
Chapter 20; To Be Brave
Chapter 21: Misunderstandings
Chapter 22: Choose Her
Chapter 23 Doing what's right
Chapter 25: Inside the mansion
Chapter 26: Dilemma
Chapter 27: At the police station
Chapter 28: During the holidays
Chapter 29: A mistake
Chapter 30: Brotherly bond
Chapter 31: Movie Night
Chapter 32: Field Trip
Chapter 33: Discovering the truth
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Announcement
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue

Chapter 24: Changing Perspective

848 56 27
By eliraovertheclouds

The best phase of student life is the period after the end of one exam and before the declaration of another.

That period was over for these going-to-be doctors. Their end-semester exam dates were announced. After these exams, they will become second-year students. They will become seniors. Time flies so quickly. It was like yesterday, they entered the campus and they are going to be seniors already. Their exams would start in about a month and the library was again full of students, studying hard to pass it.

When everyone was busy stressing about their vast syllabus, Tanu and Aaradhya were busy thinking about ways to help Teena. They were not sure whether to tell their other friends about this or not. And without their help, it would be difficult to take Teena out of this situation. So, last night they decided to focus on their studies for the time being. It's not like she is marrying him anytime soon. They will figure out a way eventually.

Things between Abhi and Aaradhya were becoming normal again. Aaradhya was slowly responding to his greetings. He would have not tried this hard if it was all about the bet. She felt a little guilty about assuming things even before asking him but she did what she felt was right at that time.

Tanu has changed her perception a little, just a little, about Yuvraj. He is not a complete asshole. He is a partial one. She has seen a completely different side of him with the children of the orphanage. He does not talk much with her. Just the things related to work. And she was not complaining. If anything, she was thankful. Anyways, it's not like she was dying for his attention.

Teena has been avoiding Tanu and Aaradhya for the past few days, afraid that they would try to convince her to break off the engagement. She does not want to discuss that topic any further. She has grown close to Anuj in the past few days. He was a very caring and helpful person. She wished Ansh was half as good as him. But she can't change someone, can she?

Anuj, on the other hand, has started to like Teena a lot. He has gathered all the courage he can and decided to confess today. He was going to tell her today, no matter what. What if she rejects him? But what if she accepts him? He has to take the risk and he would take it.

"Hii!" Anuj said approaching her.

"Hello!" she smiled brightly.

"So do you have any plans after the class?" he asked.

"No, nothing special. There is so much left to study, I'll work on that only," she answered.

"I was wondering if we can..." he was interrupted by the ringing of her phone which was kept on the table. 'Ansh' it read.

"Excuse me," she said picking up the call and walking to the corner. He could tell her mood was getting off each second she was talking to him.

"You were saying something," she asked as she returned.

"Yeah, can we hang out after the class," he asked.

"I am sorry. I can't. I have to meet someone after class," she answered.

"You just said you have no special plans for the evening," he said.

"I got to know about the meeting just now," she said looking at her phone.

"Oh! You are going to meet Ansh, I guess," he said.

"Yup," she tried to smile.

"Who is he? An old friend," he asked hopefully.

"No," she hesitated.
"My fiance," she said finally.

"Fiance?" Anuj asked shocked.

"Yes, we are going to be engaged soon," she said.

"Oh ok! Congratulations," he said getting up to leave.

"I wanted to tell you this earlier but..." she tried to say. She does not know why but she felt guilty for hiding this from him.

"It's fine, Teena. Have a great life ahead," he smiled and left.

She felt like crying. She has grown fond of Anuj in the past few days. Maybe she does not deserve any good person in her life. She only deserves people like Ansh and she has to accept it sooner or later.

***************

"Ansh is in Varanasi for a few days. He wants me to stay in his bungalow till he is here," Teena told Tanu and Aaradhya. She felt like she has to inform them before shifting.

"And? You are not going to shift, right?" Tanu asked.

"My parents also called. They said that...." she started explaining.

"So you are shifting," stated Aaradhya.

"Tell him your exams are coming in less than a month. You need to study and.." Tanu suggested.

"I did. He asked me to come for the weekend and I cannot refuse it. So I am going there for the weekend," Teena explained.

"You can trust him, right?" asked Aaradhya.

"You called him an asshole. Why? What did he do?" Tanu asked.

"He.. He asked me to have sex with him when I was in 12th standard. I refused. He was so mad. He always got what he wanted. That's why he asked for my hand in marriage. To satisfy his ego," Teena said looking at the floor. She was ashamed to tell them this even if it was not her fault.

"That son of a bitch! And you are going to stay with him alone in his bungalow? Are you out of your mind?" Tanu said unbelievably.

"He will not try anything. He promised me that when I was hesitant to shift," Teena said.

"And you believe him? What if he tries to do something, Teena? You cannot stop him. You are not physically stronger than him," Aaradhya tried to make her understand.

"I'll take care of myself. I promise. I told you this so you both don't go on searching for me during the weekends," Teena said.

"I have to go now. Bye," she continued and left, leaving the other two sitting there.

"This is enough. Call Abhi, Anuj and Dev. we have to tell them. We have to find a way out of this," Tanu said. It was not right to discuss Teena's personal life with their friends and that too in her absence. But there was no option left.

"I think that is the only option left. We would need their help. My mind is not working at all," said Aaradhya taking out her phone.

After fifteen minutes, All five of them were sitting on the campus ground. Tanu and Aaradhya told them everything that Teena had told them.

"And you are telling us this today," accused Abhi.

"That bastard. He is going to die from my hands," said Anuj angrily.

"She can't risk living with him alone. We have to stop her," said Dev.

"It's impossible to convince her," said Aaradhya.

"I don't have the word impossible in my dictionary, " said Tanu confidently.

"Then buy a new one. No wonder you are so weak with your vocabulary. It's all the fault of the cheap dictionary you have," came the same voice she feels irritated with.

"Excuse me?" Tanu said looking at him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" asked Abhi angrily getting up.

"I was just sitting there reading my book when I heard you all talking about Teena, " Yuvraj said showing the book in his hand.

"You were eavesdropping?" asked Tanu.

"Thanks to you. It seems like someone has inserted a speaker in your throat. I did not do it intentionally," he said looking at Tanu.

"Even if you listened to that all, what are you doing here?" Abhi asked.

"I want to help," he said.

"We don't need your help. She is our friend. We are very capable of helping her," this time it was Anuj who said this.

"Really? Tell me how?" Yuvraj asked crossing his hands.

"We will figure it out. You should leave now," Abhi answered.

"Listen, believe me when I say I myself don't want to see your ugly face anymore. But I feel I owe her this. I really want to help," Yuvraj said looking at Abhi.

"Hey, don't call him ugly!" Tanu interrupted.

"Still less ugly than you. Don't worry, no one can beat you in ugliness," he said looking at Tanu.

"Will you guys please stop this crap! Please!" Aaradhya said standing up.
"We do have a serious problem to deal with. Don't create more. Yuvraj sir, do you have any solution?" she continued.

"From what I heard, it's not possible to convince Teena to back off. She won't. But that boy Vansh or Ansh whatever his name is he can," he said looking at Aaradhya. Only she was the sane one in this group. Poor soul! How she survives with these maniacs all day?

"Woww! Big brains have an idea. So can your wonderful mind tell us why he will back off from the engagement?" Tanu asked sarcastically.

"That we have to figure out. We'll warn him, scare him if needed," Yuvraj said.

"And what makes you think you can scare him off?" Dev asked.

"What makes you think I can't?" Yuvraj asked instead.

"Tomorrow is Saturday. She will shift to his house for the next two days. We'll have to do something before that," said Aaradhya.

"Go to your rooms now. Think of a good plan. Let's meet tomorrow. Don't worry we won't let that bastard harm her," said Abhi looking at everyone.

Everyone nodded and moved in the direction of their respective hostels and flats. But none of their hearts was at peace.

*****************

It was six in the evening already. It was getting dark. But Tanu decided to visit that idiot's bungalow. Rich people have secrets buried in their homes. Maybe she can find something against him and use it to blackmail him. Yes! This was a perfect idea. But she can't tell anyone about this. They won't allow her to go there at this time. So she took her scarf, informed Aaradhya she was going to buy some stationary and went to the address Teena has shared on the girls' Whatsapp group. They have insisted she at least share the address with them so that they can reach her if something went wrong.

As she reached her destination she found a very big beautiful mansion in front of her. That guy was rich! Very rich! As she was thinking of the ways to enter it she heard someone calling her.

"Why are you here at this time?" again that irritating voice. Why god why? What sins has she done that she comes across this devil always!

"I can ask you the same question," she said instead of answering.

"Wait for a second, you are not thinking of entering this mansion, right?" Yuvraj asked.

"I am and I will," she said with determination shifting her focus to the mansion again. There were two guards at the main gates.

"You are not going anywhere. Just go back to your hostel," Yuvraj ordered.

"Who are you to tell me that? I will do what I want. Maybe I can find something against him in there and use it to blackmail him," she said with confidence.

"I see! Earlier I used to think that the top floor of your body is empty. But no! It's filled with crap. Great," he said tapping her forehead.

"Shut up! You are no...." she stopped abruptly looking behind him.
"Abhi! Aaradhya! What are you both doing here?" she asked.

"What are you both doing here?" asked Abhi looking at them both.

"You went to buy stationary, right?" Aaradhya said giving Tanu an accusing look.

"I am sorry! I thought you would not allow me to come here. But you came here yourself. Why did you not tell me that you wanted to come here too?" she gave Aaradhya the same accusing look.

"I wanted to but Abhi said......" she stopped when she felt him pinching her hand.

"I did not say anything," Abhi clarified.

"Yeah he did not say anything," Aaradhya joined him.

"Oh god! I am going to become mad now! Why are you all here?" Yuvraj said frustratingly.

"Why are you here?" Tanu asked again.

"You both did not come together?" asked Aaradhya.

"Do you think I would come with this psycho?" answered Yuvraj.

"What are you all doing here?" came a voice.

They all turned to see Anuj and Dev standing there.

"I can't take this anymore!" exclaimed Yuvraj holding his head.

"I came to kill that bastard," said Anuj.

"Take this and kill him. Go now," Yuvraj said taking out a gun. They all gasped.

"Did you really come here to kill him," asked Aaradhya.

"Not exactly, I just kept it, in case things go out of hand," he answered.

"How did you boys get the address? She shared it with me and Aaradhya only," Tanu asked.

"I have my sources," said Yuvraj.

"I took it from Aaradhya," said Anuj.

"So if we all are here, what should we do next?" asked Dev.

"I am going to enter this," Tanu said pointing towards the mansion.

"Me too," said Aaradhya.

"Ok, and after entering what would you do?" asked Abhi raising his eyebrows.

"I don't know but Teena is inside. I just want to ensure she is safe. Her phone is switched off," said Aaradhya.

"But why is she here today? Wasn't she supposed to shift here on the weekends," Anuj asked.

"How would I know?" she said.

"Ok, so we both are going in there. You guys wait outside," Tanu said looking at them.

"I am coming with you both," said Abhi, Anuj, Yuvraj and Dev at the same time.

"We all can't go there. Someone has to trick the guard too," Abhi said.

"Tanu would do that. The rest of us will go inside," Yuvraj suggested.

"Excuse me! I am going to go inside. Select someone else for this task," she said. She has other plans. She has to find something against Ansh in this mansion.

"I will do that," said Dev finally.

"Thank you, Dev," Tanu smiled at him.

*****************

This was a long chapter to write.
Do vote and comment guys.
It makes my day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

995 75 48
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...
361 11 11
Amaira Singhania is average in any sense that counts. Be it grades , beauty , friends, family , anything. Her eyes does not shine , her face does not...
28K 2.7K 32
She makes an exception to attend her best friend's birthday party instead of being with her family, and that's when she meets him. He was charming, a...
128K 9.1K 89
*BOOK TWO OF THE EMOTIONS SERIES* First, they said study well. After that, get a job. Then, get married. After marriage, the obvious, have a kid. Bu...