Hai Tujhe Bhi Izazat

By eliraovertheclouds

In Physics, we learn 'Opposites attract', in Chemistry, we learn 'Like dissolves like' and in Biology we lear... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Her Life
Chapter 2: His Life
Chapter 3: Hope For The Best
Chapter 4: Varanasi It Is
Chapter 5: Cold Coffee And Sandwiches
Chapter 6: Not Good For Health?
Chapter 7: A Favour
Chapter 8: Anatomy Class
Chapter 9: A New Couple?
Chapter 10: Library Lessons
Chapter 11: Crush?
Announcement
Announcement
Chapter 12: Canteen Or Tea Stall?
Chapter 13: Trouble
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Jealous
Chapter 16: Sorry?
Chapter 17: Caring
Chapter 18: New Feelings
Chapter 19: Confused Feelings
Chapter 20; To Be Brave
Chapter 21: Misunderstandings
Chapter 23 Doing what's right
Chapter 24: Changing Perspective
Chapter 25: Inside the mansion
Chapter 26: Dilemma
Chapter 27: At the police station
Chapter 28: During the holidays
Chapter 29: A mistake
Chapter 30: Brotherly bond
Chapter 31: Movie Night
Chapter 32: Field Trip
Chapter 33: Discovering the truth
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Announcement
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue

Chapter 22: Choose Her

897 55 8
By eliraovertheclouds

Sometimes all we need is some time alone with ourselves to figure things out. Aaradhya needed the same. She just wished not to come across anyone whom she knows as she made her way to the small and beautiful temple just outside her campus.

There were very few people there. She sat in a secluded corner and cried her eyes out. How can she be so foolish? What was she even thinking? A charming boy like Abhi can never like her. There were so many beautiful girls there. Why would he even look at her? She has been so reserved all her life, and for the first time, she let her guard down. She tried to go with the flow but that was all a lie. They all must be laughing behind her back.

After crying for god knows how long, she gathered herself. She will not cry anymore. Not for someone who doesn't deserve her precious tears. She has cleared the toughest exam in the country and is studying at one of the best universities. She has a bright future ahead, her parents are proud of her. She won't let all this happiness turn into sadness just because of one incident. She won't. This was the last time she cried for him. She'll enjoy her college life and ignore him like he never existed. With this determination, she made her way out of the temple.

As she reached the gates, she found Dev entering. Not now! She doesn't want to talk to anyone.

"Hii Aaradhya!" he said smiling.

"Hii!" she tried to smile. But her red eyes and nose were enough to tell anyone she has cried.

"What happened? Were you crying? Is everything alright?" he asked.

"I am perfectly fine. I was just feeling a little homesick," she replied not meeting his eyes.

"Don't lie, Aaradhya! Did anyone say anything to you? You can tell me," he said.

"There is nothing to tell, believe me," she answered.

"Ok, as you wish. Come let's have some tea then. And I am not taking no for an answer," he said letting go of the reason that made her cry. If she is not comfortable telling him, he can't force her.

"Yeah, I need one," she smiled. She is getting a headache now, from all the crying she did.

They walked in silence as they reached the tea stall. The same tea stall which Abhi has introduced to her. She was busy in her thoughts as Dev kept a hot cup in front of her. She slowly sipped it. Dev hated to see her like that.

She was never this quiet with him. She always had some stories or incidents to tell.
He doesn't know when he started to like her. He knew even before falling for her that she was never meant to be his. He tried hard not to like her, not to fall for her but he failed. He failed very miserably. Somewhere, he knows she likes Abhi. That man was lucky. Dev even tried to confess once but then decided against it. He does not want to lose his friendship with her. So he decided to bury his feelings deep inside and never think of them again.

"Want more?" he asked when she finished her cup.

"No, I'll just go to my room now," she said standing up.

"Ok, let's go," he said following her.

She was very thankful that Tanu was not back yet. If Dev could tell she was off, Tanu would obviously notice it. And she will not stop before knowing the real reason. She doesn't want others' friendships to be affected because of her. Abhi was a great friend. And god knows what Tanu would do after knowing about the bet. So she decided not to tell anything to anyone.

It was 8:30 p.m. when Tanu came back. She looked tired.

"That son of a bitch! He made me do all that boring work alone. May he rot in hell," Tanu said as she entered.

"What? What happened?"Aaradhya asked.

The rest of the night passed with Tanu telling Aaradhya what an asshole Yuvraj was. He did not even appreciate her work. Aaradhya was thankful that Tanu was so busy cursing him that she did not notice anything about Aaradhya. They studied for some time and called it a night.

*************

The next day Aaradhya ignored Abhi in class. He tried to sit beside her but she changed her seat. She did not go to the canteen afraid to see him there. And all this did not go unnoticed by their friends. Aaradhya went to her room immediately after the class whereas Tanu assembled everyone else in the canteen.

"So?" she said looking at Abhi.

"So?" he asked not meeting her eyes.

"So why is Aaradhya so sad?" asked Dev looking at him.

"I.. She... Actually we....." Abhi tried to speak but nothing came out.

"Cut the crap, Abhi. Just tell us what happened. She was ignoring you like a disease," this time it was Teena.

"Is everything alright?" Anuj asked in a gentle tone.

"Ok fine! But please don't judge me. Some of my football team friends challenged me to impress her. We had a bet. I accepted it and I admit it was wrong of me to do that. But after one or two meetings I accepted my defeat. I realised she was so sensitive, she was not made for these foolish bets. After that whatever I did or whatever we have in between ourselves was natural. I did not do it because of the bet. But she heard one of the boys, yesterday and she thinks I befriended her just for the sake of that bet. She is hurt and that's why she is ignoring me," he told everyone finally. And regretted it the next second from the looks they all gave him.

"I can't believe this!" said Tanu.

"How can you accept such stupid bets?" said, Teena.

"That's why she was crying yesterday," said Dev.

"Oh!" said Anuj.

"Oh? That's all you have to say," asked Teena with an accusing look.

"Oh my god!" said Anuj again. He was not sure how to react. Abhi said he realised his mistake and finished that bet long ago. Why were they all being so dramatic now?

"She will not talk to you again," said Tanu after a few minutes of silence.

"What?" he asked widening his eyes.

"Yeah, once she stopped talking to one of her school friends and she did not talk to her till now, " Tanu told him seriously.

"Don't scare him, Tanu. She talks to her on her birthdays," said Teena with an assuring look.

"That was very convincing Teena. Just don't try convincing anyone again," said Abhi looking at her.

"So now what? Will we have to choose one of you?" asked Anuj seriously.

"I'll choose Aaradhya," said Dev and Tanu in unison whereas Anuj and Teena looked very confused.

"Oh god! What kind of friends are you all? Instead of trying to solve this, you guys are making teams already." Abhi said looking at them unbelievably.

"Solve this? Are you mad? She will stop talking to us too if we take your side," said Tanu.

"Relax guys! I'll clear all this up. And if you all ever need to choose between me and her, choose her," Abhi said standing up and leaving.

************

Aaradhya was busy making her notes when Tanu entered the room.

"Abhi told us everything," she said.

"Oh! Ok," Aaradhya answered not looking up from her book.

"He is sorry for that. And he did not befriend you because....." Tanu tried to make her understand.

"Listen, Tanu, I have no problem with you being friends with him. But don't defend him. I don't want to hear anything related to that topic. It's not like we were dating or something. If I don't want to be friends with him anymore, that's my decision. I hope you understand." Aaradhya said looking at her.

"I understand. I am sorry," Tanu said quietly. She doesn't want to upset her anymore. Whatever it is, it's between the two of them. They will resolve it if they wish, she has no right to interrupt.

"Do you want to have some ice cream?" Tanu asked trying to change her mood.

"Of course!" Aaradhya smiled, closing her books.

As they went to buy ice cream, they found Yuvraj standing there near the shop.

"Hii!" he smiled at Aaradhya, completely ignoring Tanu.

"Hello," she replied politely.

"Come, Aaradhya, we are getting late," interrupted Tanu before he starts a small talk.

"Yeah, right. Your friend there has to find someone else to irritate. Hurry up!" said Yuvraj looking at Aaradhya.

"Excuse me?" said Tanu.

"Excused," he said looking briefly at her.
"So, Aaradhya how are you? Is everything fine?" he continued.

Tanu did not say anything, she just grabbed Aaradhya's hand and walked towards the shop. Idiot! He has the guts to ignore her. Fine! She will show him what real ignorance is!

"Two chocolate cones," she ordered reaching the shop.

"Three chocolate cones," came a voice just standing behind her. She gritted her teeth and turned to look at him, taking two steps backwards immediately after turning because of the proximity they shared.

"What the hell is your problem?"she asked.

"Problem? Except for you, I don't see any problem here," he said looking around.

"See, if I am not answering you back it doesn't mean you can say whatever you want. Just stop bothering us," Tanu said with anger evident in her tone.

"Guys, please! Stop fighting like two five-year-old children, " Aaradhya interrupted.

"Tell your friend. She always tries to find a way to talk to me," said Yuvraj looking at Aaradhya.

"Sorry, what? Talk to you? Oh please! I'd rather die than find reasons to talk to you," she said rolling her eyes.

"You ice cream, Ma'am," said the shopkeeper.

"Thank you. Sir will pay for them," said Tanu smiling at Yuvraj taking all three ice creams and leaving.

"It's ok I'll pay," Aaradhy tried to take out money but Yuvraj stopped her.

"Don't worry, consider it my treat. Just go after her before she comes in front of a car or bus," he said signalling towards Tanu who was trying to cross the road.

"Thanks," said Aaradhya following her

"One more chocolate cone," ordered Yuvraj taking out his wallet.

***********

As Aaradhya and Tanu reached their hostel gates, they found Abhi sitting on the bench in front of it. Aaradhya tried to ignore him and increased her pace to enter her hostel.

"I'll have to climb your balcony if you don't stop now. And you know I can do it, even if I get suspended for it, " he said walking towards her. Her steps halted. She knows he can do that. And she does not want anything of that kind to happen.

"What do you want?" she asked facing him.

"Five minutes. I'll leave after that," he answered.

"Fine!" she said walking towards the bench.

Tanu stood there awkwardly. What was she supposed to do? Leave them alone, maybe.

"I am going to the room," with that, she ran towards the hostel gates.

"How will you believe me?" he asked sitting beside her.

"I won't," she answered not looking at him.

"We were friends even before that bet, Aaradhya, " he said looking at her.

"We were?" she asked sarcastically.

"Yes, we were. That was a stupid thing that I accepted and regretted immediately. Me being friends with you had nothing to do with that," he said sincerely.

"Obviously! You being friends with me had nothing to do with that. You trying to be more than friends was because of the bet," she said trying to hold her tears.

"We are more than friends?" he asked her.

"Not anymore," she answered.

"What should I do to gain your trust again?" he asked finally.

"Just stay away from me," she said.

"I can't do that," he said not meeting her eyes.

"Why?" she asked frustrated.

"I don't know. But I'll keep disturbing you till you behave normally with me again," he said with determination in his voice.

"Keep trying," she said standing up and going towards her hostel gates.

A part of her wished him to be successful in convincing her while the other wanted to never trust him again. She decided to leave it on time. Time will make everything clear, right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 20.9K 61
Archana have everything that a girl could wish for, studying in one of the top universities of India, she have everything a human ever need, loving p...
41.1K 3.6K 32
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ Almost all of us have fallen for s...
10.2K 790 75
*MATURE BECAUSE*: It contains serious, sensitive and triggering topics like self-harm, unhealed trauma, assault, murders, etc. Reader discretion is a...
1.6K 106 15
"FOR ALL THE GIRLS WHO THINK IT IS ONE-SIDED, BUT DEEP DOWN, SOMEWHERE, THEY KNOW THAT IT IS NOT" _____________ Anyone would be on cloud nine if t...