Shadows (A Jay McGuiness stor...

By muchfanfics

Casey is not like every other girl. She is a god. Well, not yet. She has to learn how to balance her new doma... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilouge

Chapter 1

810 16 8
By muchfanfics

My name is Casey Hades. I just like being called Casey. My father is the Lord of the Underworld. My mother's name is, Persephone. Yeah, they are the same Greek gods that people say are myths. They had me. I will be a half god. I could become an actual god one day. But for now, this is fine. I am able to go between the two worlds. My father doesn't like it when I do, but I always bring him news, so it is sort of like a love/hate thing.

Today, I turned 21. Or at least I now look 21 in human time. I am actually 435 years old. Any way, I am now suppossed to find someone to basically marry. Except, when I find this person, I am instantaneously attracted to them. I will have this sudden urge to mate with them and to make them mine forever. When we do the ceremony, he and I will be immortal forever.

But first, I have to go to Olympus and find out what my domain would be. With my father being Hades and my mother being the goddess of spring and summer, I don't have any idea what I would have.

I looked in the mirror to make sure that I looked some what neutral. I look the female version of my father, minus the beard. I am 5'8", with dark red hair, long legs, pale skin (there isn't any sunlight in the underworld, so I don't exactly look like a Grecian goddess), but I have my mother's eyes. I decided to wear a long black skirt and a nice floral shirt.

Olympus has always been exciting to me. One day, I would have a throne with the rest of them. Everyone thinks that Aries and I will be attracted to each other. I hope not. That would be gross, cause he is my cousin. We both are feisty and opinionated, but I don't think that we are meant to be. Then there is Apollo, the Sun god. He is a prat. He thinks that the universe revolves around him. Well, it does, but you get my point.

"Casey! Let's go! You know how your uncle is when he has to wait!" My mother said.I ran out of my room and went to her. She had blonde hair and she just looked like summer. She was beautiful and I looked like death.

"Will you still be okay with it if I ended you with something from dad's area?" I ask her.

"Yes, Casey, I will still love you. Now, we have to go. Cerberus and your father are waiting." She said as she directed me to the doors. When I saw my father, he was playing with our three headed dog. Cerbus always loved me. He ran up to me and gave me a big kiss.

"Let's go." He said. we walked to the boat that crossed the sea of lost souls. It never really bothered me. I guess that I just accepted what it was. We made it to the front of the Underworld. Some people call it, Purgatory. Anyway, from there we are able to go to earth or to Olympus.

We walked in, what looks like, a closet. Even Cerberus was with us. Father said some words in Greek. Within 2 seconds, we were at Olympus. We walked towards the throne room. I looked around and saw all the god and goddesses that were there. Some were in their godly forms and others were in their human forms.

"Casey! How have you been?" Poseidon asked. I always loved my uncle. He didn't judge anyone. As gods, when we are in our human form, we don't have to worry about clothes. They just appear according to the weather. We could change them, if we wanted to. Poseidon always wore Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts.

"Uncle! I have been well. What about you?" I ask him. He smiles and chuckles.

"I am good. I am just wondering what you will get." He said.

"Uncle, how does Zeus pick?" I asked him. He was the most laid back, so he would tell me.

"Well, he looks at your father and mother's powers. He then looks at you to see if you lean towards your father or to your mother. I don't think that you are like them at all. I think that you are more like me or Hermes." He says. I had to agree with him. I wasn't as dramatic as my parents.

"Will everyone take their seats?" Zeus said as he came in. Poseidon used his water power to flow to his chair. I saw everyone sitting in their thrones. They all looked so intimidating.

"Casey Hades, will you please step up." Zeus commanded. I walked forward. I could feel all of their eyes on me.

"Casey, you have some say in this, what do you wish to be the goddess of?" He asked. My uncle was always business then family. Well, technically his business was family...

"I would just like it to be something that is suiting for me." I tell him. I can tell that he heard me.

"You are wise. Have you found your partner?" He asked. I knew that he wanted me to say yes and claim his son, Aries.

"No, I have not." I told him. I knew that meant that I can not become a full god until I found that one person. But I will still have the job. I will be a demi-god. There were plenty of demi gods. They liked being that way, but I want to sit on one of the thrones.

"I have taken Hades powers and Persephone's powers into consideration. I have thought this through. As The God of The Olympians and in front of The Olympians, I declare you to be the demi god of ghosts and earthly spirits. You are to protect them and help them to find peace. You are also to keep the rogues from destroying humanity." Zeus said. He ended with a lightning bolt to me. I turned into my actual god form

I felt a tail grow. I also felt my ears move to the top of my head. Zeus came off of his throne and gave me a torch.

"You are now the light for many of the spirits on earth. You will not be alone, though. I will give you two assitants. They will meet with you when you are on earth." Zeus said.

After that was over, I walked over to my parents. They hugged me and congratualted me.

"Good job! I guess that she got a little bit of both of us."Hades said. My mother just groaned and walked away. I felt someone tap my shoulder I turned around to see Aries there.

"I am so happy for you! Being the goddess of ghosts is pretty cool! And you just look really cool too!" He said.

"Thanks, do I look scary? How do I look?" I asked him. He laughed and left me. Then I saw Athena and Hepheastus walking ot me.

"Casey! we are so happy for you!" Athena said. Athena was always so diplomatic.

"I didn't think that you would get that. I thought that you would end up being your dad's right hand man." Hephaestus said in a gruff voice.

"Thanks you guys! I guess when I find my other half, I will get a throne like you." I say to them. We said our good byes and they left me alone. I was dying to know what I looked like. I ran over to Aphrodite, knowing that she would have a mirror or something.

"Aphrodite! Could I get your help with something?" I said as I led her away from Zeus, Hades, Hestia, and Hera.

"What is it that you need help with?" She asks. She was a sweet person, but she made every female feel self conscious with her beauty.

"I was wondering if you had a mirror on you. I just want to see what I look like." I explained to her. She pulled out a little compact mirror. She gave it to me.

I saw a woman staring back at me. She looked completely different than what I usually see. This woman had pale skin. The area around her eyes was completely black. Some of the blackened area came onto her face. Her eyes were also different. Instead of the bright green eyes that I usually see, I saw white eyes. Her hair was also different. she had white streaks in the front of her hair. In her hair, there are two jagged ears that were white. This woman looked like death.

"This is me?" I say to the mirror. She moved her mouth when I moved mine.

"Yes, it is! I will show you a trick in order to get back in your human form. You just have to shut your energy down. That's it. Just tone it down." She said. I did as she said and I went back to the girl that I was used to looking at. The one with green eyes and a little bit of dark eye make up. I sighed in relief.

"Thanks Aphrodite." I told her, She nodded and swayed over to Hephaestus. I walked over to Posiden, Zeus and Hera. Hera always annoyed me. She was such a stick in the mud and she was really clingy to Zeus.

"Hello." I stated. They looked at me. I knew that Poseidon was going to help me with whatever I needed. If I played this conversation right, then Hera would help also.

"Zeus, I have a rreally big question for you." I tell him. He looks at me with a gentle look on his face.

"Ask away." He tells me. I looked at Hera and saw that she was interested.

"Where is my domian? Like where do I stay?" I asked him. Everyone had a place that they stayed. Zeus and Hera stayed in Olympus, Poseidon had the sea, my father had the Underworld, and so on.

"You are like Hermes. You have a place everywhere on Earth. But you are always allowed in the underworld. When you are a god, I will see that you and your other half have an island. I think that will be a good change than what you have had." He said. Great, so I don't have a home until I find this one soul. What if he already died. I know that Hades puts them in a rotation, but that would take forever.

"Hera, how will I know when I have found my other half?" I ask her. She smiles. This was her realm. She is the goddess of Marriage.

"You will have this sudden need to make them happy. You will also not be able to stop thinking about them, until they are yours. You will also be able to feel the same emotions as them. When you are around them, it will be hard to control yourself until you two are together." She explained. I understood what she was saying.

"Thanks, that helped a lot." I told her. I bowed to them and went over to Eros. He was hanging with Hermes, Apollo, and Artemis.

"Eros, I have a question for you." I told him. They all looked at me.

"What is it, Ghost-Girl?" He replied. He always teased me when ever he could.

"How do I find the person that I am supposed to be with?" I ask him. He looks at Apollo and Artemis. This was not a good conversation to bring up in front of the goddess of youth and purity. Why didn't I just pull him away?

"You don't need a man! Jeez!" She said. I saw Hermes roll his eyes.

"Let's just ignore her. Okay, I will do this for you, because I want to visit your island. I will let you know where and what age he will be when you meet him." Eros said as he reached into a bag. He pulled out a book and a pen. He wrote my name in the book and ink appeared below it.

"Okay, you will meet him in England, this year, and he will be 23." He said I looked into the book and I saw that it had drawn a face. I tried to look at it, but all that I saw was a curly head of reddish brownish hair. At least I know what his hair will look like.

"So cousin, seems like you are a wanderer just like me." Hermes said. I just smiled at him.

"I guess that I am. Maybe you could show me around London one day." I suggested. He laughed and agreed that he would.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 99 18
Kelsey is a normal girl, living life, until her world is changed when she bumps into Jay. They develop feelings, but drama gets in the way, will he...
7.8K 194 16
*COMPLETED* *Correcting Mistakes* Max has known he was gay since he was a child, but he's never told a living soul. Unfortunately (or in his case, f...
71 4 1
Lilly Gallagher is girlfriend to a member of one of the biggest boybands in England, but the boyband K3 and The Wanted have a bitter rivalry. When Sa...
34.4K 646 24
Jay, Nathan, Jay, Nathan. She's with Jay, she loves Nathan. What will she do when her and Nathan's fling become's open. What will she do when Jay fin...