Chronicles of the Apocalypse:...

By Pacman1994

Set months after their losses both of homes and loved ones, Kyle and what remains of his group must travel ac... More

Director
Executive Producer
Distributor
Music Composer
Cast/Characters
Visual Effects and Animation
Prologue
Chapter 1: Walking In the Winter Wasteland
Chapter 2: Miracle Train
Chapter 3: The Greatest Train Thieves in Apocalyptic History
Chapter 4: Winter
Chapter 5: The Frozen Bayou
Chapter 6: Technical Recruitment
Chapter 7: Breathe in the Toxic Air
Chapter 8: Collecting the Carriage and Railcar
Chapter 9: Escaping the Bayou
Chapter 10: Spring
Chapter 11: The Birthday Girl
Chapter 12: What's For Dinner?
Chapter 13: Viva Dead Vegas
Chapter 14: Freedom Vs. Motorbikes
Chapter 15: Quench Thy Thirst
Chapter 16: What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas
Chapter 17: Summer
Chapter 18: Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death
Chapter 19: Medieval vs Apocalyptic
Chapter 20: Fall
Chapter 21: Rad-City
Chapter 23: New Faces, New Town
Chapter 24: The House Warming Party
Chapter 25: Proving Thy Worth
Epilogue

Chapter 22: Radiate and Weep

7 1 0
By Pacman1994

At the railroad museum, Shawn, Chris and Margaret continue looking around for the snowplow, with Chris eventually finding one.

Chris: Got it!

Shawn: You shitting me?

Shawn, Chris and Margaret locate the snowplow.

Shawn: Fucking A....

At the Myrmidon, with Sarah resting, James, Cassandra, Rachel, Kayla and Rocky are discussing his recent conversation.

Rocky: And they want to recruit us?

James: Yeah....I don't believe it, either. You ask me; Kyle should've just shot them both.

Cassandra turns.

Cassandra: Is that who we are? We shoot people on sight now?

Kayla: Yeah....we're not those kind of people.

James sighs.

Rachel: What if they're people like us? What if they're someone who's telling the truth? Someone we haven't crossed?

James: We're people with guns, who are on our guard.

Cassandra: But we're also here to save Sarah...and those people didn't kill Kyle and Abigail on sight.

James: After all the shit we've done, the people we've killed, why would he want us to join his group?

Cassandra sighs.

Cassandra: People like us saved the world from the radioactive fluid to give the world another chance....people like us saved a girl who rolled to our gate with the Reapers....

Rachel: Saved a teenage kid from her bastard of a father. They can see that.

James: I don't know what he sees.....but it's not what he thinks.

Sarah is heard coughing, but before Kayla walks back into her quarters.

Kayla: Sarah! Hey! I'm here!

Kayla treats Sarah.

Kayla: Sarah....

Sarah: Kyle...where's Kyle?

Kayla: Him and Abigail are on a run for the medicine....they found survivors.....

Sarah: Survivors? From where?

In the center of the city, Abigail, with her gas mask, equipped, finally reaches the institute. Abigail then checks her gieger counter ticking, before she looks down.

Abigail: Shit....this radiation is no joke.....

Abigail then hears noises, and equips her weapon, searching the institute for the medicine. After travelling to the upper stairs, Abigail finally manages to locate the medicine.

Abigail: Yes!

Abigail then places the medicine in his backpack, then contacts the Myrmidon.

Abigail: James, do you copy?! James?!

James: Come in. Abigail? That you?

Abigail: Sure is! I got the medicine!

James: Thank god!

Abigail: I'm about to head back outside to contact Kyle and—

Suddenly, Abigail is attacked from behind by a mutated gorilla, causing her to drop the radio.

James: Abigail?! Abigail! Do you copy?!

The mutated gorilla then impales Abigail in the shoulder, causing him to topple over. The gorilla then backhands Abigail, causing her to be knocked onto the fire escape. The gorilla then climbs on the fire escape and attacks Abigail, hitting her gas mask and causing it to break. The fire escape then falls on the ground, but Abigail then finds her railgun and shoots the mutated gorilla dead. Abigail then stands up and realizes her gas mask is broken, exposing her to the deadly radiation. Abigail, beginning to become heavily eradiated, falls to the wall. His vision becomes blurry and her eyes become bloodshot red. Abigail then looks down at his state and his gieger counter ticking rapidly, before she hears laughing. Abigail then turns to laughing, shocked to see an hallucination of the deceased Selene, partially eaten.

Selene: Damn, girl...look at you now, girl.....you're in deep shit....I guess karma's a bitch, ain't it?

Abigail glares at Selene, who smiles.

Selene: I thought you were loyal to the cause, Abigail, but no. You're the kind of girl who puts your life on the line. The Reapers were all about blood.....Let me ask you a question; you think maybe this isn't Kyle's fault somehow? Maybe if he hadn't killed Lynn's brother, who you were currently with, from the start? Or maybe feed me to a pack of infected....like your friend, Marcus, did.

Abigail attempts to stand up, but Selene raises her hand.

Selene: Whoa, whoa...easy, girl....don't use up all your energy....now...just listen....alright...Do you think maybe if Kyle hadn't killed Roscoe from the start? Then maybe Maya wouldn't be dead....maybe Vivian wouldn't be dead....maybe Colm, Lynn and my friends....and shit, even me wouldn't be dead....maybe Maya and Vivian being alive could've changed things with Joseph and Marcus...Fucking destiny and shit, you know? Maybe they could've helped Sarah.....

Selene shrugs.

Selene: Then again, maybe not....maybe you wouldn't be infected with a shitload of radiation right now.

Suddenly, a hallucination of the deceased Joseph, who's missing one arm with a bullet hole in his forehead, appears.

Joseph: That's a fucking lie, man. Don't listen to her. I got bit at the hotel. It was God's way. It went the way it was always going to....just like this, man....just like this.

Selene: If you had put your conscience on mute, that small Jiminy Cricket, maybe you'd be a much stronger survivor that wouldn't have had this confliction, it could've been different....maybe the rent wouldn't have been due.

A hallucination of Lynn, who's face is hacked, appears.

Lynn: The rent has to come....You....Abigail, you always had heart...you remember when you didn't stop me from killing all those people in that town? Like that little girl? You could stop Selene, but you couldn't stop that? Could you? Hmm?

The hallucination of Maya's severed head appears, horrifying Abigail.

Maya: You want to do the right thing; you always have to do the right thing, Abigail....that's why Kyle tried talking to you. Cause you wanted to do the right thing.

Lynn: Not always. If you believe that, Abigail, then you're a stupid pitiful fucking—

Suddenly, Abigail snaps back into reality, as an radioactive infected attacks. Abigail stands back up and manages to hold back the radioactive infected, which then impales Abigail in the rib.

Abigail: GOD! FUCK!

Abigail then pulls out his pistol and shoots the radioactive infected dead, before she falls back onto the ground, leaning against the wall. Meanwhile, Kyle, Peter and Anna are walking to the car. Anna turns to Kyle.

Anna: How long have you and wife been married?

Kyle: Over twelve years...

Anna: Wow...that's a long time. Wish someone had the balls to propose to me.

Peter: And I will....once I find a nice ring....

Anna: Mmm-hmm....

Kyle, Peter and Anna finally reach the car, outside the radioactive hotspot. Peter takes off his mask.

Kyle: What are you doing?

Peter: It's not radioactive here...you can take off the mask.

Anna takes off her mask, before Kyle does the same. Peter then pulls out his backpack and pulls out the photos.

Peter: I apologize for the picture quality. I just found an old camera store last—

Kyle: I don't give a fuck. Just give me the photos.

Peter: Right...

Peter presents photos of Berrington to Kyle, who looks with interest. The pictures show families, walls and community houses.

Peter: As you see, if you join us, we'll be safe. Each panel in that wall is a fifteen foot high and twelve foot-wide slad of solid steel....framed by cold-rolled steel beams and square tubing. Nobody alive or dead will get through without our say-so. Security is important....and what's more critical to our community is people.

Kyle looks at Peter and then sighs.

Kyle: I'll discuss it with my people. Once we get the medicine, we'll take you and Anna back to our train....Can the train get to your community if we say yes?

Anna: It should....the railroad your train is on travels all around the U.S, right?

Kyle: It should....

Kyle attempts to contact Abigail.

Kyle: Abigail...do you copy? Abigail, come in....Abigail?

Peter then looks ahead, then frowns.

Peter: Uh...Kyle?

Kyle: What?

Peter points to the sky as the shot flare is seen by Kyle, Peter, and Anna.

Anna: Oh....no....

Kyle: She's not answering the radio! We gotta get Abigail!

Peter: Quick! Get in!

Kyle, Peter and Anna get into the car as Kyle then contacts Shawn.

Kyle: Shawn, do you copy?!

Shawn: Copy. What's up?!

Kyle: Please tell me you guys have that snowplow!

At the Myrmidon, Shawn, Chris, Margaret and Rocky are installing the snowplow to the front of the train.

Shawn: Installing it to the front right now! James filled me on those survivors' you guys found. How's the medicine coming along?!

Kyle: Abigail went to go retrieve the medicine, but she's not responding! She shot a flare into the sky. She might be hurt.

Shawn: Shit, where are you?!

Kyle: We're getting Abigail and then heading to the entrance of the city. Tell Kayla to keep treating Sarah! Please!

Shawn, Chris, Margaret, and Rocky sprint back into the train as Shawn turns to James.

Shawn: James, Marcus might be hurt! Punch it!

James pulls on the train accelerator as the train moves. Back at the institute, Abigail is dying of the radiation as he continues to hallucinate Selene, Lynn, Joseph, Maya and Marcus, who has a stab wound in his chest, present.

Marcus: You know, it's okay, Abigail....you gotta know that now. I didn't think you were a burden.

Joseph: It's okay that you didn't want to be a part of it anymore, Abigail....

Abigail's lip quivers.

Marcus: You don't have to be a part of it.

Selene laughs.

Selene: That's your problem right there, girl.

Abigail: And what's my problem?

Selene: You don't want to be part of it, but you don't ever get what you want. Not in this world. What it is now. That is what it is. Open your eyes and see.

Maya: You don't have to. If you don't want to. You don't, Abigail.

Lynn walks up to Abigail, her face barely holding together.

Lynn: You're a Reaper, Abigail....you were one of us....you were blood...but yet, you're someone with compassion...with morals...with regret........you knew; there was no going back from that path. The moment you did it; you became what this world always creates...killers.......but you're no killer...and you're weak....You would stand there in front of the man who killed my brother, a man who you once loved, and you would forgive him.

Joseph: That doesn't make you weak, Abigail. That makes you a stronger person....cause it's not over.

Abigail then begins to stand up.

Lynn: It is over.

Abigail then glares at the hallucination of Lynn.

Abigail: You're wrong....You're dead and you're wrong, Lynn.....Kyle did me a favor...I was gonna leave your asshole brother....and at first, I was angry at him....for sometime, but I didn't lose myself....I know who the fuck I am. I know.

Abigail then points at the hallucination.

Abigail: You....you're dead...you are a killer, Lynn....you're the weak one...not me.....you killed your own father just to get revenge....just to get what you want....everything you were is dead.....I'm trying to help Kyle, because it's not over....because it's what makes us....

Abigail then begins to cry.

Abigail: Human...it's what makes me...human....It's not over.....

Abigail then wipes his tears and then stands tall.

Abigail: You're wrong, Lynn....The Reapers were never a family! I didn't give in to my revenge...I put it to side and did what I could to help this family! And that's why you died; cause you tried to avenge blood....but blood doesn't matter...not this family.....and that's why I pity you...I'm not dead yet! You hear me, you bitch?! I'm not fucking dead yet!

Abigail then staggers back.

Abigail: Good people....like me...can live....They can....

Abigail then slides back against the wall and falls to the floor, just as flashing lights appear. Abigail then shields her eyes. In her hallucination, Joseph and Marcus are helping Abigail up on her feet, but in reality, Kyle, Peter and Anna are helping Abigail up.

Kyle: Abigail! We're here! We got you!

Anna looks at Abigail's backpack, revealing the medicine.

Anna: She's got it! She's got the medicine!

Peter: We gotta get him back to the train!

Kyle and Peter climb to the front of the car while Anna stays in the back with the dying Abigail.

Anna: I'll stay back here with her! Just drive!

Peter drives to the Myrmidon while Kyle contacts James.

Kyle: James!

James: Talk to us, Kyle! What's happening?!

Kyle: We got the medicine! Abigail is eradiated very badly! We need to treat it, immediately! Keep Moses and Rachel away! They don't need to see this!

Peter drives the car through the city of Boston as Abigail looks out through her bloodshot eyes. Abigail then begins to laugh.

Abigail: I did it....

In a final hallucination, Joseph, Maya and Marcus are in the car with Abigail, all of their wounds that lead to their demise healed. Joseph turns in the passenger seat.

Joseph: You sure did, sister....You sure did.

Marcus turns to Abigail in the driver's seat.

Marcus: It's going to be okay, Abigail.....it is...

Abigail then turns to the hallucination of Maya.

Maya: It's much better now, Abigail.....

Abigail looks at all her deceased friends, then smiles, drawing one last breath and finally dying. Anna gives a tearful look.

Anna: Kyle....Kyle...

Kyle: What?

Kyle looks in the rearview mirror to see Abigail has died. Kyle then fully turns to the back, then becomes frantic.

Kyle: No....no....no! Do something! Anna!

Anna: Kyle....

Anna shakes her head.

Anna: She's gone....

Peter is saddened while Kyle pounds his fist on the dashboard.

Kyle: Fuck!

The car returns to the Myrmidon as Kyle, Peter and Anna stepping out. Kyle carrying Abigail's backpack just as Shawn, James, Cassandra, Rocky, Chris and Caleb rush to the trio.

Cassandra: Did you get the medicine?!

Kyle: Yeah...yeah, we got it....

Margaret: Where's Abigail?

Kyle looks up at Margaret, then back at the car, where the survivors looks towards to notice Abigail's dead body in the back. The survivors mourn.

Rachel: Kyle!

Rachel runs out of the train, panicking.

Rachel: Do you have the medicine?!

Kyle: Yeah!

Rachel: Sarah's having another attack! You have to hurry!

Kyle: Oh, god!

Kyle runs in just as Sarah is having an attack of the tuberculosis. Moses is holding her hand.

Moses: Hold on, Sarah!

Kyle: Oh, god! No! No!

Kayla: Where's the medicine?! Come on!

Kyle pulls the medicine out of his backpack and gives it to Kayla, who immediately pulls out a syringe and administers the medicine into the syringe.

Kayla: Hold on, Sarah! Hold on!

Kayla then injects the medicine just as Shawn, James, Cassandra, Caleb, Chris, Margaret, Peter, Anna and Rocky arrive.

Kayla: There....that's it!

After some moments, the attack stops, but Sarah suddenly flat lines, and dies.

Kyle: No....No...

Cassandra puts her hands on her mouth and becomes tearful while James shakes his head.

Shawn: No...come on, Sarah....

Kyle gives an determined look and performs CPR.

Rachel: (tearful) Sarah....

Kyle: Come on, Sarah! Come on! SARAH! NO!

Kayla: Kyle....

Kyle continues pushing on Sarah's chest.

Kayla: Kyle...

Kyle: No! No! I am not fucking losing her!

Shawn: Kyle....

Kyle: THIS IS MY FUCKING WIFE! I'm not letting her go, goddammit!

Kyle speaks to Sarah.

Kyle: Sarah! Listen to my voice. I love you, baby.....please....please...don't do this to me, Sarah! Come back! You fucking come back to me! Please!

Kyle then cradles the lifeless Sarah in his arms. In a near death experience, Sarah is a white clear environment and looks around to see a figure. She looks closely to discover the figure is of her father, Lucas.

Lucas: Hello, honey....

Sarah: Daddy?

Sarah sheds a tear and then hugs Lucas.

Lucas: My oldest daughter....the strongest of my children....

Sarah: Daddy...I've missed you so much.....Daddy, I'm sorry....for what I've become....what this world has made me into....

Sarah breaks down, crying. Lucas touches Sarah's face.

Lucas: Sarah....

Sarah: I'm become such a horrible person....I've killed so many people....

Lucas: Look at me....

Sarah raises her head, looking Lucas in the eyes.

Lucas: I am so proud of you....for the woman you've become...you've become so strong....

Sarah: But Daddy....Nathan and Ashley....Rose...my little girl. My whole family is gone.

Lucas: It was different with them....

Sarah: Maybe if I had done more.....they'd still be alive....

Lucas: They are....right there...

Lucas turns behind him, revealing the ghosts of Nathan, Ashley and Rose, who all smile at her.

Sarah: Can I stay with you all? Be with my family forever?

Lucas: Of course, you can, sweetie....you can be with all of us....

Sarah smiles and begins to walk, but then suddenly, Lucas stops her, nodding his head.

Lucas: But not now....not like this. You still have a purpose here...

Sarah: What are you talking about, Daddy? What purpose? To be a killer in this world? To live in a world where all we have to worry is about surviving? To kill?

Lucas: You have to stay with your husband....Sarah, Kyle needs you....that girl needs you....this family...the one you've built since your brother, sister and I have been gone....since I've left this Earth, they need you more than this family does....

Lucas then hugs Sarah.

Lucas: My little girl....this is your story. It always has been.

Lucas and Sarah then break from the hug.

Lucas: Now, turn around and go back home....Your family needs you. I love you.

Sarah laughs, then smiles, before nodding. In reality, the Myrmidon, Sarah jumps awake.

Moses: Fuck!

Kayla: Holy shit!

Shawn: She's fucking alive!

Sarah then sits up as Kyle, Shawn, James, Cassandra, Caleb, Rocky, Margaret, Moses, and Chris sigh with relief. Kyle then kisses Sarah, passionately, then hugs her. The other survivors then come in and hug Sarah, holding her close.

Rachel: You're going to be okay....

Peter and Anna look at each other and smile. The group then break from the hug, then Sarah notices Peter and Anna.

Sarah: Uh....I see we have new friends. I'm Sarah...

Peter: Peter. Kyle's told us about you.

Sarah laughs, then looks around.

Sarah: Where's Abigail?

Rachel: Yeah, is she okay?

Kyle, Shawn, James, Cassandra, Caleb, Rocky, Moses and Chris give saddened looks while Rachel wipes away a tear. A few hours later, a funeral is held for Abigail as her body is laid down in a dug hole with the group laying over a sheet over her body. Kyle, Shawn, James, Sarah, Cassandra, Caleb, Rocky, Rachel, Kayla, Moses and Margaret place dirt over Abigail's body. After burying Abigail, a cross is placed over her grave. Kyle then turns to Peter and Anna before approaching them.

Peter: I'm sorry about Abigail....she was a good person.

Kyle: We'll go to your community....for Abigail....

Peter: You're making a wise choice, Kyle...

Kyle sighs.

Kyle: I hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 0 4
Shortly after her eighteen birthday, April Philip had been taken from her apartment in the dead of night by a group by the name The Hand That Feeds...
3.6K 75 4
*Now available on Amazon, Lulu, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, and More!* - 4 Chapter Preview - They said to beware of what was to come. They were...
91.6K 3.1K 29
꧁𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙴𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚅𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛꧂ 𝙰 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚋 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘...
409 67 23
Chibi faces the many realities of her life causing trauma, losing the ones she loves and sacrifice. In a world of strong warriors Chibi is determined...