Destined To Collide

By dvdhlzr614

What starts as a minor traffic altercation evolves into an unexpected romance that will rock their worlds. Me... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13/Prologue to Cogs of Deception
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
The Collision Expands- Chapter 24- Primer
The Collision Expands- Chapter 25- Donny/Linnie
The Collision Expands- Chapter 26- Derrick/Candace
The Collision Expands- Chapter 27- Kenny/Gina
The Collision Expands- Chapter 28- Chad/Janine
The Collision Expands- Chapter 29- Carmen and her family
The Collision Expands-Chapter 30- Spencer/Brook
The Collision Expands-Chapter 31- Donny/Linnie
The Collision Expands - Chapter 32 - Derrick/Candace featuring Chris
The Collision Expands - Chapter 33 - Kenny/Gina
The Collision Expands - Chapter 34 - Chad/Janine featuring Krystal
The Collision Expands - Chapter 35 - Carmen & Family: Noah featuring Russ + more
The Collision Expands - Chapter 36 - Spencer/Brook featuring Nathan
The Collision Expands - Chapter 37 - Various
The Collision Expands - Chapter 38 - Various 2
The Collision Expands - Chapter 39 - Craig/Krystal
The Collision Expands - Chapter 40 - Janine
The Collision Expands - Chapter 41 - Gina featuring Candace
The Collision Expands - Chapter 42 - Linnie featuring Carl
The Collision Expands - Chapter 43 - Brook
The Collision Expands - Chapter 44 - The Boys

Chapter 5

28 4 0
By dvdhlzr614

Continuing from the night at the bar

Carolynn-

So the event is winding down and I've been eager to speak with Donny the whole time. I'm still processing the information I learned from Janine. After I saw my Dad, he and Spencer were off talking and meeting people and then they both gave speeches, so I was pretty much on my own to chat with other friends I know from Dad's/Spencer's office and having afew cocktails. Spencer won't let me drive anymore anyways so I may as well enjoy it

It's strange; on the ride from to here from our loft, Spencer and I actually were talking about finally setting a date for our wedding now that he got this promotion. I must say I was shocked by this because we haven't talked about that in months and he's the one that brought it up. I was actually in happy spirits upon walking into the club with the blue gown I didn't like but all that went away when I spotted Donny on stage for a second and as I mentioned, that instinctively made me feel self-conscience and I don't know why.

But I did know that I did not like this blue dress and went outside for a second while Spencer was looking away and came back in and I pretended to be a cluts and tell Spencer my (ugly) beautiful dress got drenched. He wasn't really paying attention anyways so I quickly dashed into the laies room which was right next to the entrance, lucky for me, and pulled out the gorgeous black gown I'd been hiding under the (stupid) blue dress.

Why did seeing Donny make me feel this way? Was it from the shock of not expecting him to be here? Is it the fact that I was just reflecting on our budding friendship during the drive from Jersey? Or is it the fact that he's playing the guitar wearing dress pants and a white tank top undershirt (probably because the rain drenched his other dress clothes) with his sweaty, rainy hair and he looks, dare I say, sexy. I don't know what it is but this is silly, I'm in love with Spencer and devoted to him and we're about to plan our wedding/future (again, finally).

Besides, there's no way Donny would like me like that, but then again, he's come off as pretty aloof at times, so I don't what's going on in his mind; he's an enigma. To be fair, I've only known him for only a couple of weeks. We met on Monday morning and now it's Friday night. I'm just feeling really shy all of a sudden especially now that I know that I kind of knew of him all along through Chad and Janine. This has got to be kismet, right? I don't even know if he's seen me yet but it doesn't matter, I still know he's here. So that's why I'm distracting myself with friends and alchohol.

Donny-

What is happening? Why is it happening? How is it happening? I'm not even really sure where I am. Am I in another dimension? Most importantly, who the hell am I? This is what I'm thinking right now as our last set finishes and the event is ready to end. I've been ogling Carolynn ever since she came in, I'm sure she's seen me by now since I've been playing on stage. I know she wants to talk to me, but I feel all choked up seeing her. I haven't felt this way since Brooke. I need a drink. I go over to the bar and order a straight scotch with no ice and I down it one shot.

"There you are," it's her I know it even before I turn around, "I've been wondering where you disseappered to." Before I turn around I tell the bar tender to order another one as she sits next to me at the bar as she orders herself a martini

"Hey, you!" idiot, idiot, idiot why am saying it like that?! What is wrong with me?! Get a grip!

"Funny, finding you here, Donald," she began with a giggle. That's right! I know the name of the person I've been hearing about for years. This has to be a coincedence.

"Well hello, Linnie," I say after I down the second Scotch, "I'm glad we finally met...again."

"Isn't it funny," she begins, "we were complete strangers a couple weeks ago and we've become friendly, but now we know we're not complete strangers after all."

The alcohol is helping a little bit. I think Carolynn may have had a little, too.

"Yeah, this is crazy, right?" I say.

"Yeah, totally," she replies, "when Kenny told me about your background I knew it sounded familiar, and, in fact Chad and Janine would use what happened to you as a cuationary tale, how one moment can change the course of our lives. What's funny is that troughout of all those years of us having Chad and Janine as mutual friends we never saw any picture or video of eachother." she shrugs and takes her martini from the bar tender.

"I'll be honest," I say, "I can't really say one way or another because my memories from before my mom's accident are pretty foggy but I remember bits and peices, especially when someone or something jog's my memory. So when Chad explained to me who you were just now, I remembered them talking about you all the time but because of my memory issues I can't really say whether or not I saw any photos of you. This is a bit of a strange conversation, isn't it?"

"How so?," she asked brightly, "You don't think it's some kind of sign that we just so happen to have our jobs so close together, the way we met, and then it turns out kind of knew each other? We don't have to act like we've only known each other for a week."

"If you say so," I say "I think it's just a coincidence. To me, we've known each other for, what, two 3? Don't get me wrong these two weeks have been great and I'm still debating if I want you to be my friend or not." THAT I say with a sarcastic grin to which she returns the smile and gives me a little nudge with her shoulder to mine.

I turn my head the other direction for a second I can't let her see my blushing cheeks, that I feel across my face with just that small amount of physical contact in spite of myself in spite of myself. If Kenny was here, he'd want to slap me for saying what I said. We continue with insane small talk.

Of course, I'm happy that we've had this connection through mutual friends. I remember Chad and Janine always talking about her and although I never met her or even ever seen a picture of her she sounded like someone I'd like to meet. Yes, that's something I vaguely remember from before the accident.

I have to be this standoffish with her because she's unattainable, she has Spencer who she clearly loves and even if she wasn't I don't think she would ever think of me that way.

I have to protect myself from my own stupid feelings and if I do it enough I can convince myself that what I say is true because I will state this here and now. Just one time to get it over with. Yes, I've become completely smitten by her and I really really hate myself for it.

Carolynn-

"Alright, Donny Downer, enough of the small talk," I begin saying, "answer me, please, how could you think this isn't a sign?"

He gives an annoyed huff, "In case you haven't, you haven't noticed my life sucks and it's what I deserve. You waltzing into my life hasn't really changed that. So we kind of knew of each other before you hit me with your car (ugh, he's never going to let me forget that one will he?), so what? You say it's a sign? A sign for what?"

Ooh crud, that's a good question. Maybe it's the booze that made me say all that without thinking this through.  It sure isn't a sign that we're soulmates. Spencer already fills that role. Ever since Mom beat cancer, I've been a big believer in all that stuff; soulmates, true love, finding the 'The One', fate, destiny, kismet, karma, all the concepts I never liked nor understood before that, much like Donny. I think I've come up with an answer for him.

"It's a sign that we're supposed to be buds and you have to start being nice to me." I say cheekily, "I know you're capable of it," I continue, "besides saving my butt with Spencer's car, but you helped me move into my stuff into my apartment, plus I've been seeing you in action at your job. You're really good with kids, I've seen you console little kids or make them laugh when their parents are busy." I state. Then with a low cheeky little voice, "I think all the moms love you and you have that gaggle of young college age girls swooning over you."

He gives me a tired smile and shrugs  "It's easy for me to deal with kids," he says, "when you have a special needs broth- oh shit!," He abruptly interrupted himself, "I still need to visit Chester!" He begins to get up and then he looks at me, "I'm sorry I've gotta go to the hospital before it's too late." He begins, "sorry for bailing on this stimulating discussion," he says sarcastically, "I'll see you back in town."  He frantically gets up and grabs his guitar case to leave.

But what happens next totally catches me by surprise and I'm sure he's asking himself why he did this. I think it was the booze for him too; he kisses me on the cheek and then heads toward the door and I turn around to look after him, completely stunned.

Donny-

Why the hell did I just do that!?.

End of chapter please comment and vote below

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654K 13.9K 59
[COMPLETED / UNDER REVISION] The Sequel of This Book is titled "A Third Chance To Love". "If Love Was Forced" is a story of a girl who was arranged...
132K 3.4K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
7M 208K 78
Mari Hansen ran away from home at 15 not being able to stand her radically religious family anymore and was desperate to be nothing like them which l...
74 37 22
"Is it really that big of a deal?" Hudson asks. Is it a big deal that I matched with this insufferable man instead of my husband? He's right, there'...