Hai Tujhe Bhi Izazat

By eliraovertheclouds

In Physics, we learn 'Opposites attract', in Chemistry, we learn 'Like dissolves like' and in Biology we lear... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Her Life
Chapter 2: His Life
Chapter 3: Hope For The Best
Chapter 4: Varanasi It Is
Chapter 5: Cold Coffee And Sandwiches
Chapter 6: Not Good For Health?
Chapter 7: A Favour
Chapter 8: Anatomy Class
Chapter 9: A New Couple?
Chapter 10: Library Lessons
Chapter 11: Crush?
Announcement
Announcement
Chapter 12: Canteen Or Tea Stall?
Chapter 13: Trouble
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Jealous
Chapter 16: Sorry?
Chapter 17: Caring
Chapter 18: New Feelings
Chapter 20; To Be Brave
Chapter 21: Misunderstandings
Chapter 22: Choose Her
Chapter 23 Doing what's right
Chapter 24: Changing Perspective
Chapter 25: Inside the mansion
Chapter 26: Dilemma
Chapter 27: At the police station
Chapter 28: During the holidays
Chapter 29: A mistake
Chapter 30: Brotherly bond
Chapter 31: Movie Night
Chapter 32: Field Trip
Chapter 33: Discovering the truth
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Announcement
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue

Chapter 19: Confused Feelings

838 57 14
By eliraovertheclouds

Abhimanyu's blood boiled as Anuj told him about his father. Anuj felt that he needed to tell Abhi about his condition before he leaves the city. God knows how long it would take him to return.

Abhi could not even imagine his mother going through all this, ever. He offered to go with Anuj but Anuj declined. Anuj wanted to do this alone. But he promised to call in case things went out of hand and he needed any help.

After dropping him off at the nearby bus station, Abhi came back to his room and decided to check on Aaradhya.

"Hello," she answered the call on the second ring.

"Hii! How are you? Did you eat those fruits?" he asked.

"Yes! I just did," she said.

"You are not lying, right?" he asked again.

"Don't worry Abhi. I am here now. She will have to eat everything and anything we give her," this time it was Tanu.

"Ok, Tanu, great!" he said feeling relieved. 

"Yeah, I am great. I know," she giggled.

"Yes you indeed are," he said laughingly.

"So.." Abhi continued.

"So?" Tanu asked.

"So let's meet in the evening then?" he asked not sure what he was asking.

"Yeah, sure!" Tanu answered.

"Ok then, bye!" he said.

Soon it was evening and they decided to meet in the park near the campus. As Aaradhya and Tanu came out of the hostel gates, Tanu remembered that she had to take some notes for photocopy so she went to take them. Aaradhya sat on the nearby bench waiting for her.

"Hii!" she heard someone calling her.

"Hello," she said with a small smile.

"May I sit here?" Yuvraj asked signalling at the space beside her.

"Yeah, sure," Aaradhya said moving to her right to create more space.

"Thanks," he said sitting beside her.

"I wanted to thank you for convincing Teena to meet me. You helped me a lot. Thanks," Yuvraj continued.

"You're welcome. I appreciate your acknowledging your mistakes and try..." She stopped abruptly when she felt someone sitting to her right.

"Continue," Abhi said looking at her and then shifting his focus towards his phone.

"I thought you would meet us in the park directly," she said in a nervous tone.

"I thought we'll go together. Any problem with that," he asked raising his eyebrows.

"No. No problem," she said weakly.

"Good!" Abhi said shifting his focus to his mobile again.

There was a complete silence for one minute. Aaradhya felt that her heart would come out of her chest if she keeps sitting between these two intimidating men for one more second. Why was Yuvraj still sitting here?

"I... I am going to call Tanu," with that she stood and ran toward her hostel gates.

"So... You and Aaradhya. Hmm" said Yuvraj once she left.

"Yup! Me and her. So what?" Abhi asked shifting his focus from his phone to Yuvraj.

"So nothing. Well, she is a nice girl," he said after a pause.

"Stay away from her, if you want your well-being," Abhi said in a very serious tone.

Yuvraj laughed loudly shaking his head.

"Don't worry! She isn't my type," he said getting up.

As he got up he saw Aaradhya coming out with Tanu. Tanu was telling Aaradhya something and they both were smiling. Is this girl always this talkative? Tanu must have felt his eyes on her because suddenly she looked in his direction. Their eyes met. Her smile faded. She immediately looked downwards. What the hell was he doing here? Has he rejected her application? When she again looked in his direction, she found him moving away from them. She took a relieved breath. This man is scary even if he does nothing. God!

Soon they were in the park sitting quietly, observing the beautiful sky and eating their ice creams. Teena and Dev have also joined them.

"So guys! Any plans for the weekend?" Teena asked excitedly.

"No, nothing special," Aaradhya answered.

"You sure?"Abhi asked.

"Yes, Why?" she looked at him.

"I thought, your appreciating someone was disturbed by me today. So you might want to complete that task during the weekends," he said looking at her.

"What's wrong with that? If he is trying to be good why can't I appreciate it," she asked.

"Who said you can't? I am just asking if you are dedicating your weekends to that too," he said not breaking eye contact.

"Stop with your sarcastic comments Abhi," she said feeling frustrated. She already is not feeling well and here he is hell-bent on irritating her.

"Ok! Take it easy guys. Why are we arguing over someone like him? He is not worth our time," said Tanu trying to make the environment light.

"Yeah! I think I will go to my room now. You guys enjoy!" Aaradhya said standing up and giving a small smile at Tanu, Teena and Dev, ignoring Abhi.

She did not wait for their reply and turned to leave. She was just trying to be nice to everyone. She always has been. She just cannot hate anyone for long if they don't deserve it. And Yuvraj was ashamed of whatever he did. Why is Abhi so pissed if she talks to him? It's not like she hangs out with Yuvraj all the time.

She felt a tug on her arm. She turned to see who it was and as expected it was Abhi.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To complete my appreciation session. Leave my hand!" she said trying to free her hand from his hand.

"I am sorry! I should have not said that," he said not leaving her hand.

"It's Ok. Leave my hand," she said not looking at him still trying to free her hand.

"Don't try. You won't succeed. I'll leave it once I am convinced that you forgave me," he said holding it more tightly.

"What is your problem, Abhi?" she asked pausing her struggle.

"I don't know. I am trying to figure that out myself," he said looking into her eyes.

She did not say anything after that. Instead, she turned and started walking again, this time with Abhi holding her hand and walking slowly with her.

"I want ice cream," she said after two minutes.

"You just had one," he said.

"Now you have a problem with me eating more than one ice cream too," she said glaring at him.

"No! Come let's get one."

They both ate their ice creams in silence and walked on the campus for a few more minutes before he dropped her at her hostel and went to his.

"So?" Tanu asked as Aaradhya entered her room.

"So?" Aaradhya said.

"So what's going on between you two?" she asked directly.

"Nothing," Aaradhya answered not meeting her eyes. Her cheeks were becoming red again.

"Keep telling yourself that. Even a blind can see something is going on there but take your time girl. I won't force you to tell me anything," Tanu said with a small smile.

"I am not sure myself Tanu. I don't know," Aaradhya said genuinely this time.

"It's ok. Just leave it on time," Tanu gave her an assuring look.

The rest of the night passed with some study, a little talk with their parents on the phone and a lots and lots of gossip.

                         ************

The next day Tanu got ready to meet the club head again. She really wanted to work for those children. Even if he rejects her, which he probably will, she will find another way. He can rot in hell for all she cares.

As she entered the room, she found Yuvraj and some other students sitting there discussing something.

'Miss Tanu Mehra, is it?" asked one of the boys.

"Yes," she said not sure about how he knows her name.

"Welcome to the Akash group. We are a team now. You will truly enjoy the experience, " he said smiling at her.

"I am selected?" she asked

"Yes. You are," he smiled.

She looked at Yuvraj with a surprised expression. She was prepared to be rejected. She smiled widely looking at him which he returned with a bored look. He was an asshole, there was no doubt about that but she was so happy now. He was not that bad.

"Thank you so much, everyone. So when will we visit the orphanage?" she asked excitedly.

"You need to learn a few things first. Be here at five in the evening. And don't be late. If your application can be accepted easily, it can be rejected too," Yuvraj said with the similar bored tone he usually uses with her.

"Ok," she said looking at him.
"Bye! Let's meet at five," she smiled at everyone except Yuvraj. That rotten egg-faced man doesn't deserve her pretty smile.

Tanu was so happy as she returned to her room. She always wanted to do something like this, to work for needy people but she never got a chance. Except for Yuvraj, everything was good about this club. She has decided, she will ignore that man as much as she can. He uses such a gentle tone when he talks with Teena, Aaradhya or anyone else but with her, God knows what shocks he gets. He is always so rude to her. Whatever, she doesn't care.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 1K 42
He loved her, Just like how much she loved him. He loved her, and he confessed just now. He loved her more than his dreams and goals. But could she b...
51.1K 4.9K 48
New city, new faces and completely new feelings. To achieve her goals, Aarohi, a small town middle class girl landed on the city of dreams i.e. Mumb...
389 31 22
An always smiling girl called Naina Arora learns that her father is suffering from lung cancer and thus begins her journey to save her Dad by meeting...
39.4K 3.5K 31
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...