The Great War | Billy Hargrove

By accio_nicolette

"I vowed not to fight anymore if we survived the Great War." Isadora Jones was not the biggest fan of Billy... More

Introduction
Playlist
Graphics
Prologue
1 | The Project
2 | The Party
3 | Confrontations
4 | Truth or Dare
5 | Apologies
6 | Warnings
7 | Heartbreaks
8 | Mixed Messages
9 | Second Chances
10 | First Dates
11 | Making Things Official
12 | School Dance
13 | Missing Girl
14 | A New Friend
15 | Making Plans
17 | Fixing Things
18 | A Need to Talk
19 | Truths Revealed
20 | Christmas Party
21 | A Christmas Surprise
22 | Graduation
23 | Pool Party
24 | Summer Jobs
25 | Distractions
26 | Finding Billy
27 | The Sauna
28 | The Search for Answers
29 | Finding the Flayed
30 | Preparing for the Fight
31 | The Battle for Starcourt Mall
32 | Face Off
33 | Hospital Visits
34 | Aquarium Dates
35 | Goodbyes
36 | Pep Rally
37 | Finding Eddie
38 | Eddie's Truth
39 | The Search for Answers
40 | Saving Max
41 | The Creel House
42 | Finding Watergate
43 | The Upside Down
44 | Vecna's Truth
45 | Battle Plans
46 | Preparations
47 | Luring Vecna
48 | The Piggyback
49 | Aftermath
50 | The Beginning of the End

16 | Girls Night

163 5 1
By accio_nicolette

💔💔

YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR THAT STORY?

"ALRIGHT, WE HAVE SNACKS, DRINKS AND MOVIES. ANYTHING ELSE?"

"No, I think we're all set," Hazel said, as Kendra looked over to where Isadora had just set down a bowl of chips and watched as the blonde chewed thoughtfully on her fingernail as she studied the set-up on the coffee table. Isadora slowly nodded before she walked over to join Kendra and Hazel on the couch, the three girls having decided to have a girl's night and Isadora was glad for her friends' company. After everything that had happened at the school dance and then the party, Isadora had only been leaving the house for school but had finally agreed to having a girls' night at her house tonight.

"How have you been, Isa?" Kendra asked.

"Yeah, fine," Isadora shrugged, making Hazel and Kendra look at each other. Steve and Hazel had ended up telling Kendra what had happened at the party and in turn, Kendra had told them the truth about the school dance. Isadora hardly even spoke to anyone anymore and barely answered questions in class and Hazel and Kendra, having both been worried about her, had decided to suggest a girls' night in hopes it would help cheer their best friend up.

"You're still upset," Kendra said.

"Yeah, of course I'm upset, Kendra. I was really starting to like Billy, to ... to fall for him and then he went and turned me into a game. I should've known from the beginning that I was just going to get hurt. You were right and so was Steve," Isadora said.

"None of us wanted to be right, Isa," Hazel said softly. Kendra looked towards Isadora, who grabbed another carrot stick and shrugged as she took a bite into it before acknowledging Hazel.

"I know."

"Isa, can I ask why did you even listen to Amanda, who has been trying to keep you away from Billy since the moment you two started working on the project together. I mean she was clearly trying to break you and Billy up," Kendra said. Isadora didn't say anything as she flicked through the VCRs sitting in a pile in front of her before nodding as she landed on Grease and she handed the movie to Kendra, who nodded, "Grease, good choice. I know that movie always makes you feel better."

"Y-yeah, it does," Isadora nodded as she looked down at her hands and tapped them together, thinking about what Kendra had just said. She didn't know what to think but maybe Kendra was right, maybe Amanda had just been trying to break them up but at this point, Isadora wasn't sure anymore and she was sure she didn't want to speak to Billy right now. Kendra looked towards Isadora and sighed softly before she put the VCR in and pressed play, and it wasn't long until the three girls were singing along to the movie and as Isadora got up and performed her dance routine to Greased Lightning, Kendra and Hazel watched her and both laughed and cheered for their best friend. It was the first time since the school dance where Isadora had felt some sense of happiness.

"Did you choreograph that dance yourself?" Hazel asked. Isadora stopped dance and froze up before slowly nodding.

"Uh, y-yeah," she lied. Hazel furrowed her eyebrows together as she and Kendra looked at each other before shrugging as the movie continued and soon You're The One That I Want was playing and the three girls sang along loudly before bursting into laughter as one song ended and the final song of the movie began. As the movie came to an end, Kendra grabbed the pile of VCRs and started looking through them.

"Okay, so we have a few chick flicks here but I did also pick up some horror movies," Kendra said. Immediately, Isadora looked towards her best friend and shook her head.

"Absolutely not. I am not watching any horror movie," the blonde protested.

"Oh, come on, Isa. Horror movies aren't that bad and you might enjoy one of the ones I brought with me," Kendra told her. Isadora shook her head and Kendra nodded as she put the horror movies down before grabbing a VCR from the pile, "Okay, then what about another chick flick?"

"Sure," Isadora nodded. Kendra put the movie on and the three girls got comfortable as Isadora focused her attention on the movie, but as the girls watched the movie, Kendra quickly realised her mistake in choosing this movie as the movie was about a guy who had placed a bet he could get a girl to date him. Isadora stared at the TV, totally speechless as tears rolled down her cheeks. As she watched the movie, Isadora felt her heartbeat increasing as she realised that maybe Kendra was right, Billy had defended her against Amanda, who had always been trying to break them up and Isadora realised she had let Amanda succeed. If it wasn't for Isadora letting Amanda getting into her, none of this would have happened and she would be with Billy right now.

"Isa ..." Hazel said softly.

"It ... it was my fault," Isadora sobbed softly.

"We can turn the movie off," Kendra told her.

"Why? It's just a stupid fucking movie," Isadora snapped back, as she wiped the tears away from her cheeks as the realisation that she had been the one in the wrong hit hard.

"Is —" Kendra started but the blonde got up and left the room, slamming the bathroom door behind her before collapsing to the ground in tears. Her relationship wouldn't be totally screwed up right now if she never let Amanda get into her head. As Isadora tried to calm herself down, Kendra looked towards the bathroom before looking over at Hazel and sighing softly, "I never would have chosen that movie if I had known what it was about."

"Should we check on her?" Hazel asked.

"Maybe we should just leave her alone for a few minutes?" Kendra suggested. Hazel nodded and the girls waited as Isadora remained in the bathroom, burying her face in her knees as tears rolled down her cheeks. She hated feeling like this and decided to only stay in the bathroom for a few minutes before she wiped her tears away and pulled herself together before making her way out of the bathroom and over to the living room, where her friends were waiting for her.

"You ok, Isa?" Hazel asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'm totally fine but can we talk about something else or watch a different movie?"

"Sure," Kendra nodded.

"Suddenly a horror movie isn't looking like such a bad idea," Isadora joked. Kendra and Hazel looked at each other before the three girls burst into laughter. As Isadora laughed, she wiped her tears away before the three girls returned to the couch together and Isadora got comfortable under the blankets while Kendra put another movie on.

"I think this is some rom-com," Kendra said. Isadora nodded as the movie started playing and Kendra re-joined them but as the movie played, Isadora raised an eyebrow before looking towards her best friend.

"You know what, it's funny, the main guy kind of reminds me of Steve," Isadora said as she looked towards Kendra, who shrugged innocently and smiled over at her best friend.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Kendra retorted. Isadora rolled her eyes and smiled at her best friend.

"Uh huh, sure. Come on, Ken, I know you and Steve have been spending a lot of together lately and I know he broke up with Nancy," Isadora pointed out. Kendra glared at her best friend, who shrugged in response, "I'm just saying, it kind of seems like something might be going on between you two."

"I mean, Isa's right. We hardly see you anymore and you have been spending a lot of time with Steve," Hazel added in.

"Right? I mean, all I'm saying is we just want to know if there might be something going on between the two of you," Isadora said.

"Okay, fine, Steve and I are dating," Kendra said.

"I mean I knew something was going on but let me see if I've got this right, you're dating Steve Harrington as in the Steve Harrington?"

"Isa, you were literally just saying you knew something was going on," Kendra said.

"Yeah, but Steve Harrington?" Isadora shot back.

"Billy Hargrove?" Kendra retorted. Hazel looked between her friends and held her breath at Kendra's comment, worried that Isadora would snap back but the blonde smiled and nodded.

"Okay, that's ... that's totally fair actually. You know what, you and Steve are perfect for each other though. And if you're happy that's what matters, but seriously though, how exactly did this even happen?" Isadora asked.

"You really want to know?"

"Yes, I really want to know. Please, Ken, I need the distraction and I want to hear a story that has a happy ending," Isadora said. Kendra hesitated as she looked towards her best friend. A part of her wanted to tell Isadora how she and Steve had gotten together but she didn't want to upset the blonde, or upset her more than she already was.

"Isa, are you totally sure you want to hear that story?" Kendra asked.

"Yes, come on, please," Isadora begged.

"Okay, fine. So, do you remember the Halloween party?"

"Yes," Hazel nodded.

"Of course, Steve convinced me to go to that party even though I wanted to stay home and read," Isadora complained.

"You always want to stay home and study or read," Hazel reminded the blonde.

"Okay, the point is that yes I remember that party. Wasn't Steve sill dating Nancy at that time? Oh, he didn't cheat on Nancy, did he? Suddenly I think I like him a little less," Isadora said.

"No, he didn't cheat on Nancy. Can I please finish my story before you jump to anymore conclusions?" Kendra asked.

"Oh, yeah, sure," Isadora nodded. Kendra rolled her eyes at the blonde before continuing with her story.

"Steve and Nancy got into a bad fight at the Halloween party —"

"What? That's why Steve ditched the party early and I ended up having to get a lift home with Billy?" Isadora asked.

"I don't exactly remember you complaining about getting a lift home with Billy," Hazel reminded Isadora, who glared at her friend.

"You had left the party by the time Steve and I left," Kendra frowned.

"Oh, right."

"And can I please finish the story?"

"Oh, yes."

"Thank you. So, Steve left the party after his fight with Nancy and I went to check on him, and it was ... it was kind of like it was between us when we were younger. We just spent the night eating ice cream and hanging out, the way we used to when we had been kids."

"Oh, and then you got together?" Isadora asked.

"Not quite."

"Oh."

"Isa, please stop interrupting," Hazel said.

"Sorry."

"Anyways, Steve and Nancy ended up breaking up at school the next day an at first after their break-up, things were pretty good between Steve and myself, but he was still pining after Nancy, not that I really blame him for that, but we ended up getting into an argument about it, especially since Nancy had gone off with Jonathan."

"Wait, she did?"

"Yes. Steve asked me why I was so upset about it and then implied I was jealous. I kind of got upset at him for telling me I was jealous and it led us to us getting into an argument. He asked me why it was upsetting me so much and that was when I kind of yelled at him that it was because I was in love with him."

"You yelled at him you were in love with him?" Isadora smiled at her best friend.

"Yes, and I guess in that moment Steve must have realised he was in love with me too. We have been on a few dates since but it was the night of the dance we became official," Kendra told her friends. Isadora nodded as she looked down at her hands.

"The dance?"

"Yeah, the dance," Kendra said. Isadora bit her lip as she looked away from her best friend and tears formed in her eyes and she blinked them away before looking back towards Kendra and smiling.

"I'm happy for you, Ken, I really am," Isadora said. Kendra smiled at her best friend before the girls returned their attention to the movie. For the rest of the night, the three girls watched movies together and spent the night talking and for the first time in days, Isadora felt a little better but she also couldn't stop thinking about how she had been the one to allow Amanda to ruin her relationship with Billy and she realised she had to find a way to apologise to Billy if she wanted a chance at fixing her relationship with him.

💔💔

Isadora is slowly coming to the realisation if she didn't listen to Amanda, her relationship wouldn't be ruined right now 🥺

Also I wanted to add this chapter to show more of Isadora's friendship with Kendra & Hazel

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 46.8K 62
ใ€๏ปฟ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜๐—ผ๐—ป x ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ!๐˜ฐ๐˜ค ใ€‘ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ, Aven Hargrove was only seen and known as his twin, until a heartbroken boy pulled...
12.9K 358 38
Kali found herself falling in love with the bad boy. Turns out they have more in common then she first thought.... โš ๏ธTWโš ๏ธ Will contain: Bad Language ...
143K 3.1K 20
Billy Hargrove was everything i lived for. We made so many great memories. i cant lose him. Not now, not ever. He's still in there. You dated Steve...
1.1M 24.3K 67
"I got so many issues. Do you know that?" "You're just as troubled as me" In that moment I realized he and I were exactly alike. --- Billy Hargrov...