Nerd in Disguise: Blood Bound

By lystrandra

As the only daughter to one of the most powerful Mafia families, Shay has sought to figure out her own path d... More

Nerd
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40: EPILOGUE <3
A/N
A/N

Chapter 34

238K 9.1K 3K
By lystrandra

"What are you doing?" I stare at Sky.

"Getting into the car?" Sky stares back at me before opening the passenger seat and sitting down.

"Yeah, you're not coming." I sit in the driver's seat and shake my head.

"Yes, I am." He glares at me.

"You are not." I glare right back.

"You need me and this argument is just wasting your precious time." He shuts his door with a bang before focusing on his laptop. "Well, are you going to start driving?" His smartass tone makes me want to grab his laptop and fling it outside the window. Knowing him, he'd probably fling me out of the window too. The laptop is his baby, his treasure, his prized possession. Yada, yada, yada.

"Um, no i do not need your presence. You should just stay here as you manage the traffic lights and whatever you do with those hacking skills." He doesn't understand why it's important for him to stay here. Who knows what may happen to him if he comes? What if someone happens to be accompanying Jacob? What if that someone is a very dangerous someone?

Yeah, I'm not going to get Sky into harm's way.

"If you don't let me come, then I shall not help you." Really. He's going to pull that card?

"Fine." I frown and start the car. I'm not happy, but I know Sky can be as stubborn as me.

He smiles triumphantly. "You know, I am not as harmless as you think. I can take care of myself quite well. I took some Brazilian Jiu-jitsu classes at the local gym twice a week for the past few years."

"Oh really now?" I glance at his frame before watching the street again. "And have you actually fought someone without gloves?"

"Yes, so I am quite capable..." At my second question, his voice hesitates. "Well, no. However,..."

"Yeah, it's different without gloves and instructors." I interrupt him.

"I still know how to fight though." He argues.

"Yeah, we shall get back on that subject as soon as I grab Jacob." I nod. "Guide me through your brain."

By this, I mean his hacker brain. He is currently turning all of the traffic lights in my direction green. However, I feel like he will be cutting it really close as some of the green lights turn green too suddenly. The other cars nearby almost collide with my car multiple times.

"Sorry. Somebody was distracting me." He smirks.

"Shouldn't we just take the freeway?" I glance at him.

"We could, but it's difficult to change the traffic lights on the freeway when there aren't any lights to change." There goes his smartass tone.

"Shut up." I say. "Just get me to the damn airport."

"Yes, ma'am." He salutes.

I don't like this sarcastic Sky.

*****

"That was fun!" Sky beams as he shuts his laptop.

"No, it was not." I huff. I slick back my hair, which looks like a rat's nest.

"I hate cars." I mutter under my breath. They are big and clunky. There are beautiful cars, but I shall always prefer motorcycles over cars. It's just so much easier to handle motorcycles. i don't even want to remember how many close calls I just experienced. I remind myself to never let Sky direct me through the streets ever again. I also cringe at the thought of the many scratches and bumps the car received. My brothers are not going to be happy with that.

Speaking about my brothers, I totally forgot to tell them I'm going to the airport. Then again, that will raise suspicion and alarm since they will think I'm boarding the next plane to Africa. Well, not Africa, but just somewhere not here. Of course, I would never do that without telling them...again.

"We did make it in record time, but you still have a person to find. Do you know how large the airport is? It's fucking large." Sky pushes me out of the car as he climbs into the driver's seat. "Oh, and stick this into your ear." He hands me an ear piece.

"Whatever for?" I ask.

"You'll need it." He says. "And here are your plane stuff you need to get in."

"Thanks." I blink in surprise. I totally forget that airplane security are paranoid as fuck. Forget what I said earlier, i fucking love Sky.

"You're the best." I hug him quickly."

"You're welcome. I'll take the car and park it somewhere." He states before zooming off.

"Be careful with the car!" I yell in a rush before sprinting toward the entrance.

As soon as I enter, I run to the airport panel that shows flight schedule. As soon as I spot Jacob's flight, I look at a map and study it before sprinting towards the departure area.

I also try to dial Jacob's number as I run. Let me tell you this is the most difficult thing ever.It's nearly impossible to run at full speed and call someone at the same time. Take into account the people who are either walking as slow as a turtle or running to catch their flight and it's a circus. It's fun dodging and crashing into people who throw the dirtiest looks at me.

Then, i remember I'm calling Jacob's old number. He probably has a new burner . Yep, that was smart.

"HEY! YOU! STOP!" I look to the side and see security guards point to me. They probably think I'm a terrorist.

"N-no english!" I yell in the thickest Italian accent I can muster. Then, I continue running. That raises their attention as the guards talk into their walkie talkies rapidly before chasing after.

"STOP!" The two guards behind me yell.

I'm no terrorist. Still, if i yell that, they will think I am.

I see two more guards running down my path. I am not in the mood for this.

I rush through a crowd of foreigners, shoving my way through. "Sorry, excuse me, pardon."

I feel like more and more guards keep showing up. They are just going to delay my time even more.

"You are surrounded. Put your hands up." I think the guards say as a bunch of them come towards me. I can't really tell what they are saying because all them are yelling at me at the same time.

I would cooperate if i could, but I'm running low on time. I take out the envelope Sky gave me with all my airplane crap and dig around. "I cause no trouble." Once again, i maintain my thick Italian accent.

"ID please." One of the men says slowly.

"Run left now." Sky whispers through my ear piece, which I totally forgot existed. I follow his instructions immediately.

"Go through the crowd of foreigners to you left and duck behind the hat stand." I grab a hat and pretend to try it on. Grabbing sunglasses I peek at the mirror and watch as the guards pass by.

"Thanks Sky. I owe you one." I smile. This time I try to blend into the crowd so nobody wills stop me.

I eventually get to my needed destination. "Passport and ticket please." The lady at the front says. "You are lucky you made it in time. There seems to be a delay in the flight currently. Enjoy your flight."

"Thanks." I tell her as I receive my passport and ticket back. I board the plane and see people sitting around with a bored and frustrated expression. I would be bored if I had to wait another hour or so.

I head toward the first class section. I am not surprised that Jacob would ride a little more fancy.

I enter the section and notice a familiar head with brown* (edit) hair sticking out from a seat.

"Jacob." I say as I take the empty seat next to him.

"What are you doing here?" Jacob hisses at me dangerously.

"The question is: What the fuck are you doing here?" I glare at him with as much venom as I can muster.

"Well, since you're here, you already know why I'm here. You won't stop me from getting after that bastard." Jacob frowns.

"Yes, I will. I will call in a bomb threat if I have to delay you." I threaten him. "okay, maybe that is taking it a bit far, but still..."

"Why are you going after him? He's going to prison. He got what he deserved." I shake my head at him disappointingly.

"Jail is too easy for him. I want him to suffer for what he has done to me...to my parents." Jacob looks at me straight into my eyes. "He ordered the death of my parents."

"What are you going to do? Fly over to Florence and hope you catch him somehow? He's being transported on a private jet. He has guards stationed all around him to make sure nobody comes near him, friend or foe." I sigh.

"Did you think you could waltz right into the prison and miraculously see him?" I point out. "Were you going to kill him? He's going to be rotting in prison. That may not make me happy or satisfied, but at least he's in the worst prison possible."

All the while Jacob is silent. I stare at him. I worriedly wonder what's going on in that mind of his.

"I...I..." He seems to be at a loss for words.

"I honestly didn't think it through." He gulps. "I know I usually have a plan. I usually manage to keep my emotions in check. I mean how else would I be one of the most valuable agents the CIA has? I.." He grimaces.

"Please fasten your seat belts. We are ready to depart." The flight attendant voice comes on along with a low beeping noise.

"Jacob, you need to decide. You need to let go of Alfredo. Don't act so rashly. If you're going to go and attack the son of a bitch, at least let me help. We can do it together. You aren't the only who has had you life ruined by Alfredo Sauce. You need to plan this all thoroughly when you're calm and collected. I can feel and touch the rage pouring from your pores. Literally, it's like a wave of heat emanating from you." I poke him and yelp back in alarm. I'm exaggerating, but it does bring out a small smile to his face.

"Alfredo Sauce, huh?" His smile widens a bit.

"Yes, I mean who has the name Alfredo? It's just weird." I add.

We get up from the seats. Jacob grabs a duffle bag and we start heading to the exit.

"Excuse me, please go back to your seat." The flight attendant comes toward us and ushers us back to our seats. I tell a small fib.

"I'm sorry miss, but you must sit down. We will contact the airport staff about y our belongings, but the plan is moving. You cannot exit the plane." She presses firmly.

Jacob pushes in front of me. "I'm sorry for my sister. I'm Jacob, and you are...?"

"Lana." The flight attendant blinks in surprise as Jacob flashes a charming smile. I think bile just rose up my throat. The flight attendant is probably in her mid forties and she is all caked up in makeup. Her appearance is complete with a spray on tan and botox.

"A pretty name for a pretty girl." Jacob leans on the side and winks.

Yep, definitely vomited.

"Well, my sister and I let something important in the bag in the waiting room. I know the airplane has yet to leave, so it would be great if we could leave the plane." Jacob leans closer to her. Gross.

"I'm sorry, but the plane has been detached from the jet bridge. There is no way of exiting unless you go from the emergency exits." She frowns.

"Ah, thank you then." He takes her hand and kisses the top of her wrinkly skin.

She leaves, flustered.

"I'm not even going to comment on what you just did." I shudder. "Let's go through the emergency exits then."

"Whoa." I say as the plane begins to move. "Shit. We are not going to leave on this plane." I begin to panic. I rush towards the entrance we came from. I look at the hatch; I hope this works. I grab the handle of the door, but stop as Jacob covers his hand over mine.

"What are you doing? We need to leave the plane." I say.

"Think of how high the plane is from the ground, or this entrance is from the ground." Jacob mentions. "We will fall to our deaths from here."

He shuts his eyes momentarily, before opening them. "Wait here."

I wait impatiently.

"Excuse me miss, I must insist that you return to your seat. It's for your own safety." Another flight attendant comes toward me. This time she's younger, mid twenties, of Indian descent. Her face has warm smiling lines, giving her a gentle, welcoming vibe.

"Ah sorry," I smile gently before returning to my seat. I can't help but obey as she's so kind looking...

Five minutes later Jacob returns to his seat. "It's no good. If only I had my badge with me..." he punches the wall in frustration, which draws the attention of other passengers. They stare at him in shock and alarm. "That was just another thing that I lost along the way with the Alfredo drama.." he mutters under his breath.

"It's okay. There's a stop between the flight right? It's not nonstop. The plane stops at Kansas City i think right?" I try to remember.

"Yes, it does." Jacob nods.

"That sly dog." Someone who sounds like Sky says into my ear. It takes me a few seconds to realize the earpiece is still on. I forgot about Sky.

"Stop looking around. You're going to make Jacob suspicious." Sky scolds me.

"You okay Shay?" Jacob looks at me oddly. "We can take the return flight home at Kansas. It's fine. We shall just have to cozy up together until then." He grins.

"Yay..." I roll my eyes and lean to the opposite side of him.

"Hey," Jacob complains as I turn my back to him.

"Took you long enough." Sky says. "Don't say anything, but I found out the exact plane that Alfredo Acerbi is on. The sly dog. Jacob somehow found out too because your plane stops nearby Acerbi's. Acerbic will be switching planes in Kansas City."

"What?" I say in shock.

"What." Jacob says also.

I give into the urge to slap him. The resounding sound of the slap is louder than I expect as the passengers look at us again. "Sorry." I whisper to them.

"Ouch!" Jacob rubs his cheek. "What did I do?"

"That's for not telling me you weren't blown into pieces after the explosion. I would hit you more if I could." I glare. I don't know completely if the pit stop at Kansas City just coincidentally meets up with Acerbi's plane, but this is too much of a coincidence. However, I'm going to let the events play out and see what Jacob does.

"I'm sorry. I was preoccupied..." Jacob says.

"That's a poor excuse. You know that."

"Yeah, I know how it sounds. Sorry." He apologizes. "i didn't want to drag you into my own personal problems and vendettas. I also knew you would disapprove."

"But here I am stuck on a plane with you as we continue to head towards ADX Florence. I never want to go near a jail..."

"Yes, I'm sorry." He apologizes once more.

"Would either of you like a refreshment or beverage?" The kind flight attendant comes near us and asks.

"Yes, I shall have a strawberry lemonade please." I order.

"A coke for me." Jacob orderes. "Thank you."

We get back to our topic.

"So you never told me what your plan was. I know you have a plan." I give him my "no bullshit" look, at least I hope so. If he doesn't tell me the truth, I'm going to bring it up.

"I was going to intercept Alfredo Acerbi as he switched onto another plane. I would hid myself in the plane that would transport Acerbi to the plane. If that did not work, I would take out the pilot. I cannot take out the guards without piquing the guards' suspicions." He actually says it.

"Wow, he told it right to you." Sky gives a low whistle.

"You can fly?" I ask this question out of all the questions possible.

"Yeah, I have my certification." He nods as if it's the most normal thing a nineteen year old kid can have.

"So you were going to do this all by yourself huh?" I lay back comfortably into my chair. "I'm surprise you told me."

"yeah, well I know you. You probably already figured it out so there is no point in hiding the plan anymore. Plus, you're talking to Sky anyways." Jacob leans closely to my side and whispers, "Hi Sky."

I gulp. Ever since everything, I still get jumpy whenever Jacob leans too closely to me...

"Anyways, are you going to help me with my plan or stop me?" Jacob asks seriously.

"I'm going to stop you, you fool. It's a suicide mission. You are going to get killed!"

"There's no other chance to do it!" He raises his voice. He takes my earpiece and drops it into the coke that is delivered.

"HEY! That was expensive!" I take the now broken ear piece. Then, I add, "Yeah well it's better than dying!" I try not to raise my voice too much.

"Well, I don't have much to live for." Jacob says quietly. "My parents are dead. I have no close relatives or friends. This is the life of an agent. I was created to have no ties."

"You have friends. You have my family. You have me." I grab his hands and grasp them tightly. "Nothing is going to happen to me. You've seen how capable I am. I won't die easily. Plus, my brothers love you. For once in my life, they don't have the need to scare away any guys. They respect you."

"Ever since my parents were murdered, I've lived my life with a goal, or target. I don't know how to live without someone to kill. It's morbid I know, but Alfredo Acerbi has kept me alive. I won't know what to do without him. I have not purpose in life." Jacob explains. He takes away his hands from grip. This hurts me a bit, even though I wish it doesn't.

"Yeah, well if you kill him you still won't have a goal in life. You need to move on. Haven't you read and learned from all those stories where you can't live your life on revenge. Revenge is not the way." I sigh. I don't know how else to make him listen. Do i need to carve it into his forehead?

"I know. Alfredo Acerbi has done a number on you. He's done a number on many people. Do you really think killing him is the answer? Let's just go home. You can live a normal life. Don't dirty your hands more than you already have..." I am running out of words to say.

"I understand, but I can't." Jacob looks at me sadly.

"Yes, you can. You just won't." I exhale loudly. "Please, I'm only going to ask you this once. Just go home with me. Let Alfredo Acerbi suffer in prison. Let him rot."

"Do it for me." I almost beg, an action I am not accustomed to doing.

"Alright." Jacob agrees.

"Alright?"

"Yes." He laughs so softly. He presses his forehead onto mine and groans, "You're too stubborn for your own good."

"I know." I laugh.

He lays back into his chair next to me. I smile a bit as we hold hands. Things are turning out better.

______________________________

A/N

Yesh, I'm mean. i didn't get to the best part yet. I was going to, but i didn't.

I estimate that I will have at least three more chapters? or five? Dunno yet. My pace is random.

I decided on changing the title to Blood Bound after I complete the story.

AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WAITED FOR ME!

AND OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I HAVE 1 MILLION VIEWS!!! :D

thank you everyone!

also, please wait patiently. We all have our own personal schedules and lives. Remember that I only write this story for fun. it's purely because I enjoy writing; it's not to gain votes, get more reads, or get more followers. I mean, it's amazing and great that I do get any votes, reads, or followers, but that's not my intention. It's just difficult when some people message me to update, or comment multiple times to update.

Yet, that's not everyone. A majority of readers who comment and leave messages are SIMPLY SUPER DUPER NICE PEOPLE. Thank you for the compliments :) thank you for the suggestions :) thank you for the funny comments too haha. You guys brighten up my day whenever I have stressful days. I can always count on you guys.

Anyways, I had some stupid technical difficulties where chapter 33 and 32 flip flopped. That was annoying. I hope it's fixed. Also, i was updating chapter 34 and pressed "publish" instead of "save and preview." Thus, people panicked when they couldn't find 34. I unpublished it! SORRY FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING.

lAlso, i have a killer headache so this chapter may not be the greatest. I feel like i made have made some errors: grammatical and storyline wise. I can't really think because of this damn headache.

Thanks once more

Question of the day: I'm bored because now that I uploaded i have nothing to do but binge watch netflix, do you have any questions for me? lol. any questions whatsoever.

I love you all

Comment please

Criticisms!

Suggestions!

and Vote if you liked<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.9K 4K 42
"Why the secret?" "Secret? More like secrets. And why do you care anyway?" "Because secrets are like lies, and I always find the truth..." ••••• Elna...
26.8K 1.9K 94
"I look into his eyes and it's a never-ending sea of green that pulls me in. I can't find my way out, I'm lost in his eyes and it's the greatest feel...
2.3K 174 31
Highest rank 54 in Adventure. - sometime in 2017 8 in spy kids- June 29,2020 23 in bf - May 20th,2018 74 in undercover May 20th,2018 23 in spy- Augus...
294K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...