[Shadow Sovereign's Second Tr...

By PyroSaiyan

A young Tarnished of no renown, (Y/n), succeeded in his journey. He was granted the opportunity to be the ne... More

The End
Limgrave - 1
Limgrave - 2
Limgrave - 3
Limgrave - 4
Godrick, the God of Grafting
Roundtable Hold - 1
Roundtable Hold - 2
Caelid - 1
Starscourge Radahn, the God of Gravity
Caelid - 2
Transitionary - 1
Rykard, Godly Hydra Apophis - 1
Rykard, Godly Hydra Apophis - 2
Transitionary - 2
Transitionary - 3
Malenia, the Blade of Miquella
Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot
Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot - 2
Transitionary - 5
Home - 1
Mohg, Lord of Blood
Status of the Lands Between
Home - 2
St. Trina's Dreamworld - 1
St. Trina's Dreamworld - 2
Finale - 1
Finale - 2
Finale - 3
Finale - 4

Transitionary - 4

1.6K 80 37
By PyroSaiyan

In my opinion, it's been far too long without an update. This chapter isn't even something I'd say was worth the wait, but it's a set-up to something that is actually pretty major in the grand scheme of the story.

But hey, I hope this chapter gets me back into the swing of things! Next chapter should be roughly a week from now, just like it was in the past!

For this chapter's question(s): What is your favorite aspect about Elden Ring? Or, what is your favorite aspect about Solo Leveling?

One more question for those who finish the chapter, what should the USL be named?

I hope you enjoy the chapter, and don't worry, more will be published soon!

-----

Near the center of the Weeping Peninsula, (Y/n) stood next to an Erdtree sapling, his hands firmly roaming the bark. For the last several hours, he'd spent all his time funneling energy into the sapling. It was already several houses tall, although it was incomparable to a proper full-sized Erdtree, it was something impressive.

Just standing near the tree, (Y/n) could tell the tree was blooming into something truly powerful. An aura of power emanated from the tree, and (Y/n) could see it was empowering his Shadows.

[Shadow of the Erdtree: Enhanced the efficiency of Shadows by 100% within a three-mile radius.]

All around, his Shadows were working hard to create a large building, and it was working incredibly well. The base was the Roundtable Hold, and with over ten thousand different Shadows working together in perfect synchronization, it was nearly finished.

Melina fluttered into existence next to (Y/n), appearing from Stormveil Castle, where their allies currently were staying. She let out a small sigh, analyzing the Shadowy Erdtree that was growing by the minute. "So, this is a blooming Erdtree? Beautiful, even as it radiates an aura of death."

(Y/n) nodded, taking his hands off the tree. "I hope it won't be too overpowering for everyone else," He winced. "That would be really counteractive."

Melina laid a gentle hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder. "It should be okay. Your power is routed in death, but it does not demand payment. You create life within death, even if it spawns from death within life."

(Y/n) blinked slowly, staring at Melina. "If I wasn't so used to you by now, that wouldn't have made any sense. Gladly, I've been around you for a while now, so... thank you, my love."

Melina's face reddened, but she gently nodded. "It is my pleasure." Melina turned her attention away from (Y/n) and focused on the now-finished building. "What should we call it? We'll need a name for what should be our new home."

(Y/n) hummed for a moment before a thought flashed through his mind. "The Shadow Palace!"

Melina blinked. "Absolutely not."

"What? Why?"

"The Shadow Palace is...."

"Then what about the Shadowtable Hold?"

"Did you just replace Round with Shadow?"

"Yes."

"...No."

"Fine, let's just call it the Unnamed Shadow Location for now."

Melina bobbed her head slowly at that. "The USL. For now, that's better than the other options. More important than the name, our next course of action is vital, isn't it?"

There was a brief period before (Y/n) began to empower the Shadow Erdtree, and during that time, he pulled Melina into the know about Sellen's situation and Moony's presence.

Assuming that Melina was referring to that, he nodded, "We need to eliminate the Formless Mother, immediately. But...." (Y/n) hesitated.

After defeating and reviving Rykard and Rennala, (Y/n) was 100% positive in his ability to defeat any of the Demigods, and even Radagon or the Elden Beast. However, that surety didn't extend to a direct altercation against an Outer God. They were once beings outside of his mere comprehension, and even as split as the Greater Will's power must've been, it was strong enough to dramatically enhance Godrick, Radahn, and Rykard.

So, (Y/n) wasn't horribly confident in his ability to barge into an Outer God's territory and successfully eliminate them. If they were even half as difficult to kill as he'd proven to be, he was sure he'd have a pretty difficult time handling them.

Furthermore, with the creation of his Shadow Erdtree, he realized that where the fight may take place could change how efficient he and his Shadows may be. Overall—

"I don't feel very confident about our odds. I feel like heading there now may be akin to a deathwish, as ironic as that may sound," (Y/n) admitted.

Melina looked out into the distance, at the Erdtree and even past that. Her gaze was complicated. "If the current Shadow Army can't reasonably win that fight, what we need is one incredible ally. But if that's the case, it's a question of who that should be."

(Y/n) pursed his lips in thought. He opened his mouth, but before he could speak, there was the sound of flapping before Agheel landed next to him. From atop the Shadow Dragon, Millicent leapt down, her face slightly pale.

(Y/n) gave Agheel a look, but the dragon turned away sheepishly. It seemed that Millicent's desire to join Melina and (Y/n) was strong enough to convince Agheel to take her away from Stormveil Castle.

Millicent let out a little breath of relief before standing up straight and tall. "What about Malenia?"

The Shadow Sovereign and his Maiden glanced at one another. Melina's eyebrows rose.

Millicent glanced away nervously, "I asked Salem to keep me informed."

(Y/n) opened his mouth, then decided to close it. He smiled, rolling his eyes. 'Salem, you're an annoying wingwoman.'

Despite the distance between the two, (Y/n) heard Salem giggling. 'If Malenia is the choice, Millicent should be an incredible ally, correct?'

(Y/n) rolled his eyes a bit more, but he couldn't deny Salem's words. He turned his attention back to Millicent gesturing towards her. "Malenia would be an incredible ally to have, but if the Outer God of Rot isn't completely sealed anymore, she may be a bigger threat than an ally."

Millicent met (Y/n)'s eyes steadily. "She will be our ally. I... I can feel it."

(Y/n) turned to Melina, and she simply bowed her head.

If anyone had a useful say regarding Malenia, (Y/n) would be the leading figure. He'd personally fought against her, and he'd seen what state she was in last.

(Y/n) gnashed his teeth for a second before sighing. "Let's return to the Roundtable Hold. Depending on Sellen's condition, Malenia may be one of our better options, but we shouldn't miscount the Fire Giant, or Maliketh, if we can find him."

Millicent bowed in appreciation before sitting on the ground, looking at the Shadows working like a well-oiled super machine. "I'll remain here until you two return."

(Y/n) gave Millicent a gentle smile as Melina grabbed his hand. "We'll be back."

Millicent gave (Y/n) a smile, and then he and Melina disappeared. Just a flickering instant later and they were in the Roundtable Hold. The area was oddly devoid of life. The lights of the hold flickered, and an emptiness seemed to fill the space.

(Y/n) glanced around, and he could see flakes of golden energy peeling off the walls of the Hold.

Gideon Ofnir and Ensha stood to the side, leaned against the wall. The former's attention was clearly on (Y/n) and Melina, but he didn't say or do anything specifically. He simply watched.

Ensha, on the other hand, studied his weapon, the Clinging Bone. It was the hardened hand that was giving off the vague energy of a royal king. There was a soul that was rising from the weapon, but it wasn't strong enough for (Y/n) to actively try to summon the spirit.

As the leader of the Roundtable Hold, Gideon had a very potent connection with the Hold, and his desire to keep it protected at all times was without comparison. However, it was clear that the Hold was on its last feet, just through a simple analysis on (Y/n)'s part.

(Y/n) spread his supernatural senses throughout the Hold, and immediately, he noticed the lacking presence of the Two Fingers. Or rather, they were physically there, but they were dead. Extending his senses for a soul, (Y/n) couldn't find anything.

'I suppose a Shadow that let me speak to the Greater Will wouldn't be too useful. It's not like it would be useful for anything else,' (Y/n) thought, giving Melina a quick glance. Her expression told him that she sensed the death of the Two Fingers just like he had. However, she was thinking of something that he hadn't.

'Why would the Two Fingers die now?' She thought. 'Is it because of the Frenzied Flame? Or perhaps, was it no longer worth it for the Greater Will to split its power among even the Two Fingers? Either way, I suppose we don't need to worry about the prying eyes of the Fingers, whether that's the Two or Three Fingers.'

She gave (Y/n) a gentle look, and he nodded back to make sure his understanding was clear. It was bizarre, but he could understand her thoughts perfectly.

Without a word exchanged, the two walked past Gideon and Ensha, walking through a corridor to see Roderika and Hewg conversing.

"Master Hewg, the Roundtable Hold isn't safe for us anymore. I'm positive that Lord (Y/n) will come find us, but that can only occur if we don't fall with this place," Roderika begged the misbegotten blacksmith. Her hands were clenched in frustration.

Hewg scoffed, continuing to pound away at a blade, sharpening it before continuing further. "I will stay here until I create a God-Slaying Weapon, and then I will continue even further, until I no longer have the strength to smith."

Roderika stuttered, "B-But Master Hewg! What point in there in smithing here if this is your demise?!"

"Girl, you fret for naught. Even if I die here, that man will lose nothing. So, I might as well live a life of my own choosing. I recommend you do so too. If you wish to leave, now would be the time to do so. That man will find you, one way or another," Hewg said, not even looking up to Roderika. He jostled his leg, and the chain that connected him to the Roundtable Forge clattered against the ground. "I can't leave even if I wanted to."

(Y/n) knew that Hewg was quite loyal to Marika's original wishes, but he also knew that the old blacksmith was smart enough to know the state of the Roundtable Hold. Despite that, Hewg was willing to stay. His tenacity and determination were admirable.

However, he wasn't strong enough to look Roderika in the eyes. In truth, Hewg saw the young woman as a daughter of-sorts, and even in the very short amount of time they'd spent together, he could easily say he wanted the best for her. So, he couldn't look up to see the frustrated tears forming in her eyes.

It was a tragedy, without a doubt.

(Y/n) tapped his knuckle against the wall, and Roderika and Hewg's attention shot towards him.

But tragedies were why (Y/n) got a second chance to fix things.

Roderika's eyes widened and Hewg suddenly looked exhausted beyond belief, but there was an undeniable glint in his eyes.

With Melina by his side, (Y/n) approached with a gentle smile on his face.

"Hewg, you're partially right. If you die, I could just revive you and still have your mastery in blacksmithing by my side," (Y/n) began, and he could see Roderika's face pale. Hewg, however, seemed to have accepted such a grim fact. "But my life is much better with living allies within it."

Hewg scoffed, "Even if you're strong enough to fight against Queen Marika, I will not betray her desires. I will create a God-Slaying Weapon."

(Y/n) nodded, "And I'm not asking you to put a halt to that goal. But in this state, the Roundtable Hold will be destroyed, and your memories will go with it. You know this just as well as I do."

Hewg's eyes widened as Roderika gasped.

"W-What do you mean, my Lord?"

(Y/n) didn't respond to the Spirit Tuner and simply kept his eye contact with Hewg. Hewg opened his mouth slowly, "So, you truly are like Queen Marika. That look... you've done this before, haven't you?"

For a moment, (Y/n) debated what he should say, but he simply decided to nod. "Yeah, I've met you before, and lost you before."

Hewg took a deep breath, then slowly began to stand. "Then, I will leave this place behind." At full height, he was taller than (Y/n). He met his eyes and glanced at Melina. "Queen Marika's daughter. It's an honor," he bowed his head.

Melina bowed her head back, noticing that Roderika was thoroughly confused, but was mostly unwilling to ask questions. Regardless, she looked quite determined and satisfied by Hewg's decision.

'She is... cute. We really should keep her in mind. She's quite easy to ignore, because of her reserved demeanor. (Y/n), you made quite a major decision with this young woman,' Melina thought, and (Y/n) grew an awkward smile.

(Y/n) bent down and simply touched the chains, and they crumbled to dust. The simple presence of an Outer God destroyed them. His eyebrows rose, but he didn't complain.

He looked up to Melina and gave her a quick nod. Without a word, she extended her hands to Roderika and Hewg, who took them, and promptly disappeared.

With a slow breath, (Y/n) went to check on Sellen. At first, he was pleased to see that she was simply sleeping, but as he approached, he felt a bone-chilling presence beginning to form within her. He could see a dark red energy swirling around her body.

Kneeling next to her bed, he gently held her hand. Rather than being sickly cold, she was horrifically hot, as if her very blood was beginning to boil.

She opened her eyes, sweat running down her face. "Well, my apprentice, it seems that I'm making some more problems for you, aren't I?"

(Y/n) tenderly shook his head. "No, this isn't your fault. Two Outer Gods are reaching out to you, I don't know if many people could handle that very easily." He gripped her hand. "Look, we're gonna kick the Formless Mother's ass to hell and back, but we can't go in right now. We're trying to figure out where to go next, and Malenia is looking like our best option."

Sellen smiled weakly, "Smart choice. With Miquella down there, sleeping, Malenia will have personal reasons to join the battle. But... recruiting her...."

(Y/n) grinned awkwardly, "Yeah, that's where the difficulty is gonna come from. There's a young woman named Millicent who may have enough of a connection to Malenia to bring her back to herself, even if it's only for a little bit."

Sellen clenched (Y/n)'s hand. "So, then why are you talking to me, big guy? You've got more important things to handle."

"I'm gonna take you away from the Roundtable Hold, because it isn't safe for us anymore. We already have a new place to stay at, I just... wanted to talk with you for a moment."

Sellen giggled weakly, "What, did you miss me or something?"

"...Yeah."

Sellen opened her mouth, but then closed it after a moment. "If you.... After this is all done, will we be able to... be together?"

(Y/n) held her hand just a little bit tighter, gently rubbing her hand with his thumb. "Yeah, it's gonna be different, and it'll be... five of us, I think, but yeah."

"Five, huh? I didn't know my apprentice was such a lady-killer. Well, I'll have to meet my other competition."

"Not competition, I promise."

"...I don't like being sappy, so I will say this sparingly, okay?"

"Mhm?"

"I love you; you annoyingly perfect person."

"I love you too, you brilliant witch."

-----

(Y/n) sat Sellen down on a bed within the USL, in what ended up as his room. It was a grandiose area, with weapons of all sorts lining the walls. The bed was inarguably too big for any one person to take up, but it was also incredibly comfortable.

Either way, it was good for Sellen, who needed as much rest as possible. By her bed, Therolina, Irina, and Edgar stood together. The former two's powers were already flowing over Sellen, guiding her to more restorative rest. Edgar's job was to be the last line of defense, if the time came to it where that was needed.

"To be honest, I have no idea if you two can stave off the Formless Mother if she forces more of her power on Sellen, but we have to try. There's only one more thing I can really do, if you two are okay with it."

Therolina and Irina nodded, and Edgar took a step back. (Y/n)'s energy pulsed and swirled around the two Healers. Their forms began to break down, and a new being was created.

[Through Shadow Fusion, Shadow Maiden, Therolina has fused with Shadow Priestess, Irina to create the Shadow Angel, Raphael.]

[Shadow Angel, Raphael can be maintained indefinitely.]

Raphael floated gently a foot above the ground, cloaked in robes from head to toe. Two large white wings extended from the woman's back, and she held a simplistic staff with a crystal on its tip.

Raphael's healing abilities were a few ranks above Therolina and Irina's abilities, so for the time being, it was better to have them fused to assist Sellen's condition.

Raphael bowed lightly to (Y/n) before energy swelled around her staff and she continued to soothe Sellen. Edgar gave (Y/n) a bow of respect before sitting down with his hand firmly on his Grafted Blade Greatsword.

(Y/n) exited the room to find Melina and Millicent waiting for him, speaking patiently with one another. As the door shut behind him, both women's attention fell on him.

"We're heading off to Malenia."

Millicent's eyes flashed with slight dread as her hand lingered over her stumped arm. "And how will we get... there, wherever it is?"

(Y/n) smirked, and from the sky, the Shadow Dragon Adula landed, blowing dust up into the air. With one joyful flap of its wings, the dust cleared, revealing the beautiful dragon in all her glory. "We'll fly, obviously."

Millicent sunk slightly, "Ah."

(Y/n) helped Melina up top of Adula's back, and he gestured for Millicent to come towards him. She gripped her arm, looking down at the stump. (Y/n) let out a gentle, "Ah."

He bent down and pulled something out of his shadow and approached Millicent. He extended the item. "Here," he offered it.

"T-This is... how did you...?"

He was offering the Valkyrie Prosthesis, the old arm of Malenia. It was found in the Shaded Castle, but (Y/n) personally hadn't gotten close to the castle. Regardless of that, Megara had made her way to the castle after (Y/n) defeated Rykard.

(Y/n) smiled at Millicent, pushing it closer to her. "Malenia is... really threatening. I'd rather we go there with everything we've got than holding any reservations. I hope this'll help."

Millicent met (Y/n)'s eyes with an indescribable emotion. She took the prosthesis from him and put it on. A moment after getting used to it, she held her new golden arm up and clenched her new hand a few times before nodding confidently.

"Let's go," she said, climbing atop Adula all on her own.

(Y/n) grinned, hopping onto the dragon. She took off that second, and (Y/n) acted like he couldn't hear Millicent's screams, just to save her pride.

"Next stop, Miquella's Haligtree!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 778 29
This will be a male reader insert. Our story will begin with a young man who sacrificed his own life for a random stranger, but didn't survive. But w...
76.6K 2.5K 31
It was just a regular day for you, after an exhausting day of work, you got home and get your well-deserved day off. The only difference is that you'...
129K 3.9K 15
Girlfriend Scenarios included!!! Steven Universe x Male Reader Reader x Harem Coal Reader + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— + Γ— Coals, A lowly...
9.4K 88 35
It's a new age of Order for the Lands between. The new Elden Lord (Y/N) (L/N) has now giant land to rule and if that wasn't hard enough he is now wit...