When August Ends

By spidermansbutterbeer

This summer was different, Y/N knew that from the second she arrived at the Cousins beach house. However, is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue: Thanksgiving

Chapter 16

598 6 13
By spidermansbutterbeer

I finished curling the last piece of my hair and applied some lipgloss. I was ready to go.

I took one last look in the mirror, Jean shorts and a blue cropped top with gold jewelry.

As I was about to walk out I hear a knock on the door. I turn to see Jeremiah in the doorway.

"Hey" I say.

"Hello. I just wanted to come by and say you played really amazing today" he says.

"Aw thanks Jere. You put in great effort too" I say laughing placing my hand on his shoulder.

"I try" he shrugs scrunching up his nose. "I also wanted to come and apologize. I know we're made up already but I was a real dick to you in the beginning of summer and I want to say I'm sorry again"

"It's okay Jere. We both had our wrongs" I say "you don't have to make it up or anything. I still love you for you"

"Can I take you to the summer dance?" He asks.

I freeze for a moment. I just kissed his brother earlier but now that he was standing in front of me. He wanted me. He was emotionally available and didn't deny any chemistry we had. And he was beautiful.

I nod my head yes. He smiles.

He leans down and I kiss him. It's short and sweet. We both smile at each other after.

"I'm gonna head out for a swim but you look like you have places to be. So uh, have fun" he says.

"Thanks. I will" I say. He walks out the door.

I smiled and grabbed my phone heading out.

I got down to the kitchen where my mom, Conrad and Susannah were all sitting.

"Where are you going?" My mom asks.

"Christy invited me to hangout on her friends boat" I say "I think a lot of the girls going are from the tournament today"

"Oh that sounds nice" my mom says.

"I'm sure they're all very nice girls" Susannah says.

I nod. "Well I'll see you all later"

I grab a piece of gum and walk out the door. I decided to walk as it wasn't that far away.

Once I arrive I'm immediately noticed.

"Hey girl!" Christy says walking up and kissing my cheek.

"You look cute" Nicole says with a side eye.

"Yeah super cute" another girl sitting there says.

"Shall we get going?" A girl I recognized from parties before says.

"Yes!" We all yell and laugh.

Once we're on the boat we all sit down with a glass of champagne.

"You were great today" one of the girls says too me.

"Yeah like super amazing" Christy chimes in "Jack had lots to say about you"

"Ooh like what? You guys like just broke up right?" Nicole comes closer.

"All good things" christy says. "But you guys broke up because of Conrad right?"

"Well- not like technically" I respond.

"Omg it's totally because of Conrad" a girl squeals.

"Oh no- Conrad and I aren't like a thing" I laugh uncomfortably.

"Girl you don't have to lie, I watched him kiss you after you guys won the game today!" Christy says.

"Oh- that was like an in the moment thing" I laugh.

"You and Conrad kissed?" Nicole asks quickly.

"I mean yeah but I'm not into him or anything" I make up for it quickly. "Jeremiah and I are actually more of a thing than Conrad and I"

"WHAT?" One girl screams.

"Yeah. We're not like dating but there's definitely more chemistry there" I nod.

"Good" Nicole spits.

"Who wants to play truth or dare?" One of the girls asks.

"Sure" we all agree.

We sit on the nice leather seats of the boat and I drink another two glasses of champagne.

I'm tipsy when I answer the dare of skinny dip in the water.

"Totally" I laugh climbing off the boat, the others following.

I get down to the water and strip. "Hey could someone hold my phone?"

"Of course" Nicole says. "Now go"

I'm fully stripped and jump into the water.

I'm laughing so hard I can barely breathe when I notice a change of mood in the whispers from the girls watching.

"Lying bitch!" Nicole screams.

She throws my phone down and grabs my cloths.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask.

"Go fuck yourself!" Nicole yells again back at me and gets in the car with the rest of the girls and my cloths. I begin to panic.

"Hey where's everyone going?" I yell.

"Somewhere that you're not!" Christy yells back and everyone snickers.

Once they drive away I quickly grab my phone.

Conrad: I meant everything I said by the pool a few nights ago. I want you and only you.

Motherfucker. He couldn't have just waited to tell me in person?

They read that message and now I'm stuck here with nothing.

I panic and I grab my phone again. I call Conrad.

After one ring he picks up. I can hear music barring in the background.

"Co-conrad" I sniffle as I begin to cry.

"Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" He asks quickly.

"P-please come get me. I'm s-scared" I cry more.

"Where? Are you with anyone?" I feel him moving due to the breaking up over the phone.

"The dock. No-no they left. They left me and I don't have any cloths" I cry.

"Fucking bitches" I hear him say. "I'll be there as fast as I can. I'll stay on the phone with you if you want"

"No-no I don't wanna waste battery" I say "Just please come quick I'm really scared"

"Okay, I'll be there in five minutes" the line dies and I pout. Why me?

CONRAD

Once I hang up the phone I storm out of this stupid party.

As I'm walking towards my car on the front lawn I see Nicole pull up with the girls that Y/N was with.

"Where the fuck is she?" I walk towards them.

"Taking a dip" Nicole laughs. "Good to know she's the only one you want"

"I-I was gonna tell you" I say "but I- this isn't important right now. You fucking left her alone. Do you know what could happen?"

"Whoops" Nicole shrugs as walks past me with her clan. I see Jacks girlfriend Christy walk past as well.

I rush into my car and speed out of there towards the dock. I arrive 4 minutes later. I drove 70 the whole way.

"Y/N?" I yell as I park the car.

"Here" I hear her say and I rush towards the end of the dock. She's completely bare under the water.

"I have a towel in my trunk give me one second" I say.

I grab the towel and she takes it climbing out of the water.

I rub her shoulders warming her up.

"I'm sorry- I shouldn't have let you go hangout with those kind of girls" I say.

"No- you shouldn't have sent that message when you knew I was with them!" She yells back at me.

"I-I'm sorry. I couldn't keep it to myself anymore. After that volleyball game I-I needed you" I say.

She doesn't say anything for a moment.

"I don't have any cloths" she says.

"Shit" I say thinking of a solution. "Oh here"

I unbutton my flannel top and give it to her turning around.

"Okay" she says and I turn back around. She's shivering in my flannel top and my top half is bare.

"I-I'm sorry" I say.

"Please just take me home" she says and I nod.

We get in the car and I pull out of the driveway.

The radio station plays lightly in the background.

We pull up to the house a minute later. We both sit in the car for a moment.

"Not gonna run away like usual?" She whisper laughs.

"No" I say "not this time"

She turns towards me. "Did you really mean everything you said by the pool?"

I face her. "Mhmm"

She unbuckles her seatbelt and leans over the center counsel.

I place my lips on hers and place my hand on her cheek. She kisses me back placing her hand on my shoulder.

I back up my seat and pull her on top of me.

"Conrad I'm not wearing anything" she says.

"That's okay, I won't look" I whisper and she smiles.

We continue kissing. This is how I always imagined it would be. Her and I. Sneaking around during summer.

I adjust her again and we both laugh as she knocks into the car horn.

I kiss her again. "We better head inside"

She nods and we both walk into the house. We head up the stairs and to the place our bedrooms part.

"Have a Goodnight" she says. I kiss her again up against her doorframe.

"Connie" She whimpered.

"Sleep with me tonight" I wrap both my arms around her.

"I-I'm gonna stick to my own bed until I can figure things out" she whispers.

"Oh" I say "okay"

I kiss her one last time and head into my room.

What a night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.4K 1.3K 10
𝙈𝙖𝙮𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙠𝙡𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙅𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙖𝙝 𝙁𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨. �...
27.9K 784 56
Cousins beach was the place to be during the summer for a group of three friends who all had kids of their own, yet this summer going into college Co...
4.1K 44 38
Kaia Baker speneds all of her summers in Cousins Becah at Susannah's beach house and her two sons, Conrad and Jeremiah. Kaia has always had a crush...
123K 1.6K 19
Every summer, three families come together and spend time in cousins beach. There's the Fishers, who own the house, The Conklins, who haven't missed...