JUMP STREET'S JUNE BRIDE???

By Cowboy0928

I am just a big fan of the tv show. I don't own any rights to it. This is a story about two police officers... More

CHAPTER 1: SYDNEY'S BAD NIGHT
CHAPTER 2: TOM HANSON
CHAPTER 3: BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS
CHAPTER 4: THE MORNING AFTER
CHAPTER 5: HEARTFELT APOLOGY
CHAPTER 6: GIRL TALK
CHAPTER 7: MATCHMAKER JUDY AND TRUCE
CHAPTER 8: TOM IS F***ED
CHAPTER 9: HOW CAN I FIX THIS
CHAPTER 10: FRIENDS?
CHAPTER 11: YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO ME A FAVOR WOULD YOU?
CHAPTER 12: ALL NIGHT STAKE OUT
CHAPTER 13: BAD DAY
CHAPTER 14: OFFERING COMFORT
CHAPTER 15: YOU GOT A DATE
CHAPTER: 16 COUNT ON ME
CHAPTER 17: REVENGE
CHAPTER 18: PRE WEDDING-BLUES
CHAPTER 19: WEDDING ARRIVAL
CHAPTER 20: WEDDING BOMBSHELL
CHAPTER 21: WE'RE ENGAGED
CHAPTER 22: DARK DAY AND FLASHBACKS
CHAPTER 23: THREATS AND TORTURE
CHAPTER 24: WE ARE NOT ENGAGED
CHAPTER 25: IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
CHAPTER 26: TOM'S BEGGING
CHAPTER 27: JEALOUSY
CHAPTER 28: MEETING THE FAMILY
CHAPTER 29: PARTY CRASHERS
CHAPTER 30: RETALIATION
CHAPTER 32: DIAMONDS AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 33: SWIM PARTY FOR TWO
CHAPTER 34: TEASING AND EMBARRASSING STORIES
CHAPTER 35: FIREWORKS GOOD AND BAD
CHAPTER 36: FACING THE DAMAGE DONE
CHAPTER 37: BABIES AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 38: BULLIES AND THE BOXER
CHAPTER 39: THE BAD BOY AND THE KNIFE
CHAPTER 40: DOUBLE DATES
CHAPTER 41: FIRE STARTER AND CLOSE CALLS
CHAPTER 42: PROM AND HERO IN A TUX
CHAPTER 43: THE WAITING GAME
CHAPTER 44: A HERO'S REWARD
CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES
CHAPTER 46: WEDDING DRESS DISASTER
CHAPTER 47: TOM'S CHOICE
CHAPTER 48: ROB'S REVENGE
CHAPTER 49: BLINDSIDED
CHAPTER 50: WHAT DID YOU DO?
CHAPTER 51: OVERWHELMED
CHAPTER 52: WEDDING EVE
CHAPTER 53: WEDDING DAY
CHAPTER 54: THE TRUTH COMES OUT
CHAPTER 55: REST OF MY LIFE
CHAPTER 56: OUR LIFE
CHAPTER 57: THE CAPTAIN'S WIFE
CHAPTER 58: LAST CHAPTER: MY MARIA

CHAPTER 31: TOM'S FEELS THE HEAT

22 2 0
By Cowboy0928

The next morning, Tom slept late.  I woke up and went by his door, but his door was still closed. 

I started making his breakfast.  I turned on the little tv that was in the kitchen. It was a small one that set on the counter.

The local morning news was one.  

The anchor said, "coming up at the top of the hour, overnight, 4 Police Officers were jumped in a parking lot downtown, update on their condition and what they know so far about who attacked these cops."

I said, "that is terrible. Very scary to be a police officer now days.  Not just on cases, and the danger that comes from doing cases, or answering calls, or even simple routine traffic stops.  But also the danger that comes when you are off duty.  A lot of anger and resentment towards cops, and the bad cops I hate, because they make it so much harder on the good cops.  When there is a bad cop on the force, I wish that all the good ones, could get him out, but that isn't the way it works. I guess fear of retaliation, or fear of being seen as a narc or a rat. 

I made myself a smoothie, and was watching the tv and making Tom's breakfast.

I said, "it's the top of the hour, get to the update on what happened last night."

The lead anchor said, "A very bad night for some local police officers, were jumped from behind, by some sort of gang. Coming up we will go live to the scene."

They had the weather report, and then commercials. Then back to the lead story.

The reporter was in the parking lot, of some bar downtown, a strip club.  Which made me think of Booker, as Tom said that Booker likes to frequent the strip clubs and take girls home. I thought oh no, I hope it wasn't him that got hurt. 

She told how they had come to the parking lot, and then were jumped from behind, beaten pretty bad, not sure if it was the surprise attack, plus they were overpowered, or that they had been drinking.

I said, "another bad look for cops. I mean first they are coming out of a strip club, yeah they were off duty, but now it's all over the news that these cops frequent that place, and second if they were too drunk to be able to fight and defend themselves, then they were probably too drunk to drive, you would hope one of them was a designated driver. "

She continued that they had an eye witness, he probably saved the lives of those officers, as he came out with his friend, to the parking lot, and his friend chased them, trying to catch them, and they stopped the beating, he stayed and rendered aid, and called police and ambulances. he described what he saw, there were 5 guys, wearing gang jackets, but wearing hockey masks."  She said, "hockey masks"  He said, "yeah like in that horror movie with the hockey mask. White, you could not see their face, at all, and their arms were covered up, honestly can't tell you what race they are"

She talked to the downtown metro crime unit, and they said that they think it must be a new gang, because the gangs they have, don't go in disguise and wear masks, and they didn't recognize the gang signs on the clothes. They have zero suspects, and don't know where to look, so we are offering a reward to anyone who can offer tips, or if you know who might have done this. They put up the number to call. Big money reward. Then said that when cops are attacked, no matter what unit, what city, when one is attacked, it's a brother hood, it's an attack on all of us, and they will make sure these 5 guys are caught and arrested, and sent to prison for this, and intend to file attempted murder charges."

The next update was another reporter at the hospital, saying that the cops were in critical but stable condition, and all were going to be ok, just had broken bones, ribs.

I had turned to go to the fridge to get some eggs out, and had my back to the tv, when I froze, because I recognized the voice that was speaking.  It was my old captain.  Captain Richards.  I turned around.

He said that on behalf of his unit, he was personally going to offer an additional reward, with his own money. That the 4 officers were his, and were great men. We won't stop until we hunt those 5 guys down. So if you are watching we are coming for you. And we will find you.

The reporter asked the conditions of his officers, and if he wanted to add anything, and he offered prayers to their wives and then showed a snapshot of all 4 of them together, just face shots of them.  I said, "Oh my God."  I had just got the eggs out and had them in my hands, and dropped them.  

Tom was coming out of the  bedroom.  He heard the eggs breaking. Heard me say "oh my God" a couple of times.

Tom said, "morning. don't worry about the eggs. I'll clean it up."

I looked at him.  I said, "Hanson"   He gave me a hug.

I saw his hand.  I said, "Tommy what happened to your hand."  He said, "it's fine. I just jammed it a little last night."  I said, "jammed it how."  He said, "being clumsy. So tell me how was your girl's night, did Allison have any fiascos"  I said, "no not really. She about had a melt down because her hair."  Tom laughed.

I said, "Tom"  He said, "how was the movie"  I said, "I didn't really like it."  I said, "Tom"  He said, "Why not?"  I said, "Hanson  I'll tell you later. So the reason I dropped the eggs."  Tom said, 'yeah"  I said, "I just was watching the morning news."  Tom said, "anything interesting."

I fixed his plate.  He sat down by me. He said, "Thank you. You are the best cook."  He smiled.

My mind was racing. Remembering last week, when Judy and I came back to find Tom there by himself, he telling us that the guys went with Booker to a strip club for lunch. How every time  I thought that they were talking and then stopped when I came in, and same with my dad and Tom. Judy thought that it was about my ring. How Jay put this night together, and planned on me going with Allison and Judy, damn was Jay involved in this I mean just lying for Tom, or did he actually take part in it.

I hate to even have these thoughts, but those 4 guys right after I see them when I was out with Tom. He never let on, that he saw them, or if he did maybe I was so freaked out and not paying attention and didn't notice he was looking. But still even if he saw them how would he know it was those 4 guys that I was staring at. I mean this is crazy. It can't have been Tom. I mean but his hands, and he is changing the subject. But how would he have known those 4 guys where to find them, at a strip club.

I said, "Hanson have you heard of the Blue Lounge."  Tom said, "yeah, never been there though"  I said, 'is that one of Booker's clubs"   Tom said, "yeah"  I stared at him.  Tom said, "Baby you don't have to worry. I don't go out with Booker. I never will go there. I can't stand that man."  I said, "I noticed that."

He smiled.  He said, "Sydney have I told you again how much I appreciate you cooking for me, but you don't have to."  I said, "I love to cook, so I don't mind."

I was watching him.

I said, "Tom guess what happened last night at the Blue Lounge."  Tom said, "what" 

I am trying to figure out if Tom is looking nervous, or looking guilty, is he trying to change the subject, or just making conversation.

Tom said, "Why didn't you like the movie? If you want, I can take you to a movie tonight, one you want to see. Who picked the movie, did Allison?"

I said, "I'd love to go to the movies with you, and yes Allison picked it, and I didn't like it because it was a gut punch because this guy cheated on this girl, but she took him back and it ended happy."

Tom said, "I'm sorry you had to see a movie like that. Why would Allison pick that when she knows."  I said, "I don't think she thought about it."

Tom's view:

Ok Sydney knows.  Or maybe I'm just feeling guilty lying to her. But she is looking at me weird, and then she asked about that strip club. Why would she ask about that club, and how the hell would she know about it?  Don't blow this Hanson. If she finds out, she is going to be mad at you.

I said, "Tom about the news."  Tom said, "What news"  I said, "on tv. There were 4 cops that were targeted and attacked last night."  Tom said, "wow really, did they get the guys who did it."  I said, "no."  He said, "Wow."

Tom is eating his bacon.   I said, "Tom," He said, "Baby this is the best bacon. I think I've ever had. I think though I'm going to have to double my work outs with you cooking for me. Unless you care that I'm probably going to gain weight."  I said, "you're too thin, and Tom, doesn't that upset you at all" He said, "yeah it does, I don't want you thinking I look fat."

I said, "Hanson I meant the cops being beat up. " He said, "yeah that does."   I said, "I mean you know how we are all brothers/sisters and when one officer is attacked, we all take it personally." Tom said, "yeah that is terrible Sydney. Did they say how they were?"  

I said, "yeah they are all stable but critical condition. With lots of broken bones, internal injuries."

Tom kept on eating.  He didn't look that upset.  I mean I just told him 4 fellow officers were attacked, and beaten, and he's eating like he's starved, and hasn't had a meal in like a month.

 I said, "there is a big reward out for any information."  Tom said, "I bet. That's too bad. But I guess they had it coming" I said, "What why would you say that."

Tom's view:

Ok maybe it's just me feeling guilty, and with her talking about it, I mean how would she know that it was the 4 cops that she knew. Or that I did it. But damn this girl scares the hell out of me. I mean she is so sweet, but I know she could kick my ass. I mean I know how hard she hits. I thought her dad was scary and intimidating, but hell she's worse.  The way she is interrogating me. She definitely knows.

Tom is starting to sweat.  I am feeling sick. If Tom did this, he could be arrested, they are facing attempted murder charges.

I said, "Tom are you hot?"  Tom said, "I'm flattered. Thank you."  I said, "What."  He said, "you said you think I'm hot."  Well, he got me there. I wasn't expecting him to turn this around like that.  I blush.

I said, "yes I do, but that's not what I said."  He said, "Oh it isn't. I thought you said, Tom you are hot."  I said, "I said are you hot in here, I mean the air is on, and I'm chilly. But you seem to be sweating."  Well I was chilly, until he just said that I think he's hot. 

Tom said, "I'm fine." Tom said, "You are beautiful Sydney. I mean I've not seen girls in the morning, but you wake up beautiful, it's like angelic."  That caught me off guard.  My face and whole body heated up.  I said, "Thank you."   

No, he's not going to do this. Get me all flustered so that I forget what we were talking about.

I said, "Tom" He said, "you are making me feel bad. You made me this delicious breakfast, and you aren't eating."  I said, "Tom" He said, "yeah" I said, "they said on the news that there were witnesses. That chased them" Tom said, "really that's good?"  I said, "yeah, I guess there was 5 of them, and they think it might be a new gang."  Tom said, "a new gang huh" I said, "yeah, I mean because they were get this wearing masks" Tom said, "masks huh."  I said, "you know what kind" Tom shook his head.  I said, "hockey masks."  Tom said, "hockey masks huh. That is weird."  I said, "yeah most gangs don't hide their faces."  Tom said, "yeah true they don't."

Tom said, 'So did they get a look at them on video"  I said, "No the funny thing is the security camera's ended up getting hacked, so they don't have them on tape."  Tom said, "must be a smart gang huh"

I said, "yeah why aren't you more upset. I mean cops attacked."  Tom said, "I am upset."  I said, "why did you say that they deserved it?"  Tom said, 'I just meant that they shouldn't hang out at that club. Bad characters around there."  I said, "Right."

I said, "So Tom, what did you and my brother do, and the guys. The guys came over right"  Tom said, 'yes the guys came over, we had a beer."  I said, "just one beer."  Tom looked at me.

Tom's view:

She is definitely grilling me. She has figured it out. Dammit.

Tom said, "your brother and I talked a lot, about growing up things we did with our dad's."  I said, 'That's nice. I know you have great memories of good times with your dad."  Tom nodded.

I think damn he is good at changing the subject and either getting me flustered or upset. 

Tom said, "he was telling me things he used to do to tease you."  I laughed. So did Tom.  Tom said, 'then he said that as mad as you would get at him, if he got swats, you'd be crying."  I laughed. Said, "yep"  Tom said, "we were talking about you getting busted watching that soap, and he said that the tears usually always worked on your dad, but not that time"  We laughed.  I said, "Right. I was shocked. I thought I could cry and he would tell me he was sorry."  Tom laughed. He said, "you were sneaky. Sydney. I'm shocked."  We laughed.

Did I say he was good, he's also smooth. Getting me totally off the conversation.

I said, "Tom you didn't say how you hurt your hand.  Let me see it. I need to take care of it."  Tom said, "it's fine."  I said, "Tom give me your hand."  Tom gave it to me.

I touched it.  I said, "Hanson this looks like you were hitting someone."  Tom looked at me. With a guilty look on his face.

I said, "Tom Hanson you guys did this didn't you" Tom looked at me. 

I said. "Dammit Tom. I saw on tv the 4 guys who were beaten up, and I know them" Tom said, "you do."  I said, "Hanson please don't lie to me."

He said, "ok calm down. yeah I took care of them" I said, "oh my God Tommy. What in the hell is wrong with you? How did you even know that I worked with those 4? Have you lost your mind? What is wrong with you? Are you crazy Hanson?  I'm almost screaming at him. I'm pacing back and forth.

Tom said, "Sydney please just calm down."  I said, "Tom how can I calm down. You and the guys beat those guys and now they do you have any idea how much trouble. you are in"

Tom smiled.  He said, "Relax baby we aren't in trouble" I stared at him. I said, "yes you are."

Tom said, "Sydney" I said, "Tom they are going to charge the suspects with attempted murder. Attempted murder Tom."  Tom said, " we didn't try and kill them"   I said, "doesn't matter that is what they are charging. There is a big reward. Captain is even putting in his own money. Oh my God. My brother was the 5th guy. Oh my God Tom. How could you guys do this? You all lose your badge, my brother his law career. Prison. Oh my God."  

Tom gets up. He said, "Sydney. calm down."  He put his arms around me.  I said, 'Tom. How can I calm down?" Tom said, "just come sit down."  He took my hand and led me to the chair.

Tom said, "Sydney" I said, "Tom how could you do this? why would you do this?' He said, "I think you know the why. As far as how, Sydney don't worry. It's going to be ok."  I said, "I'm glad you are so calm" Tom said, "Sydney everything worked out according to our plan. It worked perfect."  I said, "Tom are you insane."  I started to get up. He took my hands. Holding them.

Tom said, 'Sydney relax. Listen number one those guys deserved it. Number two, we were careful. We wore disguises, the hockey masks gang clothes. Harry hacked into the security system, to shut down their cameras. We parked far away so they couldn't trace the car."

He smiled.  I said, 'Tom, I think you have lost your mind. How are you so calm?"  He said, "Sydney it's fine. We won't get caught" I said, "So you are so smart huh, at breaking the law, and you are smug and proud about this.  Great Tom. Just great"

Tom said, "Sydney, actually Booker since he's broken the law, he came in handy."  I said, "That's just great Hanson. Now you want to be like Booker.' He said, "I'm not wanting to be like Booker. Don't say that."  

I said, 'let's go."  Tom said, "What where?"  I said, "To my dad's."  He said, "Sydney I'm still eating." I said, "Tom hurry. I'm calling Jay and asking him to meet us over there."

Tom said, "Sydney" I said, "how did you even ok so you saw me notice them in the restaurant, but how did you even know that those 4 were the cops in my unit."  Tom said, "Sydney, it was obvious you were afraid, I could see it in your eyes, which upset me, and I could see your face was pale.  I noticed where you were looking, but I saw when they left, that you relaxed. I figured that those were the guys, so I went back to the station, and had Booker pull up a special website that had their faces."

I said, "Tom why would you do this?"  Tom said, "Sydney because they harassed you, and I think you need to tell me what they did."  I said, "Tom." I called Jay.  Allison answered, said Jay was still asleep.  I said, "Can you do me a favor and have him meet us over at dad's in about an hour."  She said, "Sure."

I said, "Tom I cannot believe this.  Dammit this is all my fault."  Tom said, "no it's not."  I said, "I am probably going to get you all sent to prison. Oh God."  Tom said, "Sydney no"  I said, "Tom because of me you guys attacked 4 cops."  Tom said, "well we are cops, so it's not as bad as it sounds on the news. We were just getting retaliation for what they did to you."

I turned the news back on. I said, "we need to see if there is any more evidence. I mean what if the witnesses can identify you."  Tom said, "They can't, we were in disguise, with hockey masks."  I said, "Where are your clothes."  Tom said, "in my room."  I said, "call the guys and have them bring their clothes over later today in a gym bag."  Tom said, "why"  I said, "We need to burn them"  Tom said, "Sydney no. Those are one of my favorite pairs of jeans'  I said, "Tom. We can't have any evidence"  He said, "Sydney it wasn't on tape."  I said, "Tom it doesn't matter there were witnesses. I can not believe that you did this. Now eat so we can go."

Tom said,  "i think I'm done eating. I'll go up and change."    I said, 'And don't you be calling my brother."  He said, "ok Sydney."  He went upstairs.  he came back down, and we went to my dad's.  the whole way Tom drove, I was ranting at him. I said, "Tom I can't believe that I'm lying to everyone about this fake engagement, just so that you can throw this promotion away"  He said, "I'm not throwing it away. relax Sydney we won't get caught."  I said, "Tommy, I don't want you to get arrested for this. This will be my fault."  Tom said, "no it's not they deserved it for what they did to you."  Tom said, "And you need to tell me what they did."

We got there.  Jay was there. Allison had let him out and went to meet her friends.

I took Tom's hand, and we went in.  My dad said, "hi honey' I said, "hi daddy I need your help."  He hugged me.

Jay looked at Tom. Then me.  He said, 'hey Syd" He went to give me a hug.

I said, "Jay what the hell is wrong with you?"  He said, "um well nothing I was going to give my sister a hug;" Jay looked at Tom.

Tom said, "She knows."  Jay said, "Hanson I should have known you would cave and tell her. You are so whipped."  Tom said, "i am whipped alright, but I didn't cave. She's too smart She knew it before I woke up."  I said, "it's all over the news."

I hit Jay's arm. I said, "Have you lost your mind. What the hell Jay? Your law career, just down the drain, did you even consider daddy and what this will do to him, to his standing in the community, to his law practice, to his friends and reputation, it's clear you don't care about your reputation, but what about him, that you get sent to prison."

Jay said, 'Sydney calm down" Tom said, "Good luck with that one."  Jay laughed. So did Tom.

I looked at Tom. I said, "Hanson that's not funny."  He said, "no you're right it's not funny. I'm sorry."  Jay laughed. He said, "dude you are so whipped."

My dad said, 'Sydney honey just calm down. Everything is going to be fine." I said,"daddy no you don't understand what my crazy fiancé and brother did."  My dad said, "honey you just need to relax. Everything is fine."  I said, "oh my God. You know about this"  

Jay said, "yep he helped us plan it."  I said, "oh my God. Dad, what in the hell."  Tom and Jay were laughing.  I looked at Tom. He stopped laughing. Jay said, "man Hanson you are whipped." Tom said, "tell me about it."  I said, "you guys I'm serious. Dad how could you let them do this, you know that these idiots are" Tom said, "hey um can you think of another name please."  I said, "shut it Hanson" He said, "ok I guess idiots not that bad."  Jay laughed. So did Tom.  I shot them both looks. Jay said, "yeah could be much worse, you should hear the names she calls Rob."  They laughed.  I glared at them. 

I said, "keep on laughing. You won't be laughing when you head off to prison for attempted murder.'  Jay laughed.  Jay said, "Sydney it's not attempted murder. We just roughed them up."  I said, "maybe instead of sleeping late, you should turn on the news, and see that they are going to charge attempted murder."  Jay said, "but they aren't going to catch us." I said, "I can't believe that my boyfriend who is a cop, and my brother who is a lawyer."  Tom said, "excuse me boyfriend, I think we are past that."  Jay laughed. So did Tom. I said, "As I was saying, I can't believe both of you are so proud of yourselves for breaking the law."  My dad laughed.  I said, "and my dad too."

I said, "I need your clothes."  Jay said, "um Sydney I kind of am not wanting to be naked right here."  I said, "Jay I'm serious, the clothes you wore last night."  Tom said, "thank God you didn't wear your suit, because she's burning them" Jay looked at Tom.  He said, "no way" Tom said, "yep. My favorite pair of jeans."  I said, "I'm right here guys, I can hear you."  My dad said, "Sydney calm down. They are not going to get caught."

I said, 'Daddy you and Jay are lawyers. How can you put yourself at risk."  He said, "because they deserved it. I know they did something to you." Tom said, "Sydney I know you're upset."  I said, "oh you know that I'm upset. My brother and fiancé may have just thrown their life away. I'm way past upset.  And really Hanson, just whose idea was it to send me off to that hideous movie."

Tom said, "that wasn't my idea. That was your brother's. And I'm sorry that Allison picked a terrible movie for you to see. I'll make it up to you, take you to the movie tonight." Jay said, "Allison said she loved the movie. so you didn't"

Tom said, "yeah it doesn't really help to try and change the subject, your sister is too smart for that."  All three guys laughed.

I said, 'this is really great. My dad, brother, and fiancé, all laughing about committing a serious crime That is just wonderful. That you all think it's so funny. If you get arrested, I will lose all of you. But yeah, just keep laughing it up. Don't give a damn about me or throwing your life away committing a crime."  I was crying.  Tom said., 'Baby come here."   I said, "Don't baby me."  He said, "I'm sorry that you're scared and upset, but it's going to be ok. We thought it out. And we did it perfectly. They will never know."

My dad said, "And if they were to get caught, I will take care of it and get them off the charges."  I said, "I can't believe you thought this was ok. You're a lawyer."  Tom said, "He's also a father. And those dirt bags deserved it."  I said, "I never asked you to do this. In fact, I've not told you guys who they were, for this very reason. But yeah, keep on laughing. You are now criminals."

I said, "I don't know what's making me feel worse, the fact that 4 men who are law enforcement officers, and one who defends people and the law, all smug and happy committing a perfect crime, or the fact that you are all laughing and making fun of me, because I actually give a damn what happens to you guys, and I don't want to live my life without you. I don't want you to go to prison because of me."

I ran up the stairs to my bedroom.  Tom said, 'Dammit, she's really pissed. She went off on me all the way in the car."  

Jay looked at my dad and laughed.  Tom looked at them. Running his hand through his hair.  He said, "you guys I don't want her upset at me."

My dad said, "Son let me give you some advice, sit down."  Tom did.

He said, "You don't have much experience with woman, do you?"  Tom looked at him. He said, "I mean being in a relationship."  Tom said, "you're right. Last girlfriend I had was when I was 16."

Jay said, "you need to just chill, accept the fact that Sydney is emotional, and she will get upset, and as long as they aren't something bad like you cheating on her, or you flirting with another girl, she is going to calm down."

My dad said, "A word of advice, don't go running up to her, just give her space, if you run to her, then she is going to think that she can control you. It's not anything on her, it's what women do. They see that you are whipped for them, and she will become the boss, and you don't want her to be the boss. I mean you always need to let her think that she is, but you have to be the boss in the relationship."

Tom said, "Sir I'm confused. I mean we are talking about your daughter here. Shouldn't you be telling me I should do whatever she says to keep her from crying"

Jay and my dad laughed.  My dad said, "yes we are talking about my daughter, and like Jay said, if this was something involving another woman, or cheating, I would be angry and defending my daughter, and going after you. But this is just about men versus women."

Tom ran his hands through his hair.  Jay said "You can't let her control you on all aspects of your relationship. Let her boss you and control you on some things"

Tom said, "like what things" Jay said, "let's say there is a girl flirting with you, you shut it down, then you let Sydney control the situation so she knows that she can trust you. If like this girl is flirting with you at a specific bar, then you let Sydney tell you that you can't go there.  But if you want to go over to my house and have a beer, yet Sydney wants you to come to the mall with her, and then watch as she gets her hair done, then you tell her no I'd rather go to Jay's."

Tom said, "that doesn't sound like something Syd would do."  Jay said, "you're right that is my girlfriend."

My dad said, "Sydney is just like her mother. It's uncanny. Not only in looks, but just her personality and how she acts.  If my dear wife was here, she would be pacing and yelling at me and Jay for this.  Women get upset easy and can overreact. I'm not saying to ignore her when she is like this, I'm just saying to let her cool off. It's best. Rather than chasing her around when she's mad. More than likely, you won't be able to calm her down. She will calm down soon. Just chill and let her come to you."

Tom's view:

I don't like Sydney being mad at me. I feel sick. I think I better try and fix this. If she stays mad at me, then I could lose her. The guys have figured it out, so I might as well admit it to myself that I love this girl. I never planned on falling in love again, but I was helpless to stop. I don't care about this fake engagement. I mean actually I wish it was a real engagement, but I can't ask her to do that. But I don't want her upset and hurt and crying because of me. I need to do something.

Tom said, "I'm sorry, I guess I'm really whipped for your daughter sir, but I just hate the idea of her being upset with me. Could I go upstairs and talk to her, I mean would you tell me which room is hers."  The guys laughed.  Jay said, "I'll take you up there."

Jay took him up there, pointed to my door.  He patted Tom's shoulder.  He said, "As a man, I'm sorry for you man, caving this quickly will just lead to her knowing she has total control over you, but as a brother, I'm happy for her that she has a man like you."  He went back downstairs.

I was lying on my bed.

Tom knocked on the door.  I said, "Come in"

Tom opened the door.  He said, "Sydney."

I said, "Tom how nice, you took a break from laughing at me with my brother and dad."

I rolled over to my side to not face him. 

Tom said, "Sydney, please don't be mad. I'm sorry. I should not have laughed with them. Please Sydney. I don't want you to be mad at me."

I said, "can you shut the door" He did.

I said, "Why don't you want me to be mad at you? I'm not going to bail on our deal if that's why" He said, "Sydney no our fake engagement has nothing to do with any of this. I don't care about that, I care about you, I don't want you mad at me. I hate the idea of you being upset because of me."

I said, "Tommy, I don't want you to get in trouble for this."  He said, "I don't think we will. We came up with a good plan. It worked. Sydney come on; all we did was rough them up. We didn't kill them. They are going to be fine."

Tom sat down.  He said, "Sydney, I know you are a really sweet girl, but you can't possibly feel bad for those pigs. I mean, can you?"

I said, "no Tom. I don't feel bad for them being hurt. They are disgusting pigs I hate them. But I worry about you and my brother. I don't want to lose you."  He said, "you won't. I promise."  He hugged me.

I love his hugs.  They make me feel safe, and at peace, and warm.

Tom said, 'Sydney I would not have done this, unless we had a plan that would work without us getting caught. I am not going to let your brother risk his law career, or the guys their badges I would have done it alone if I thought there was a chance we'd get caught."

I said, "So you'd risk your badge, your promotion?"  Tom said, 'yes, I would, because Sydney I saw the look of fear in your eyes, and I have to be honest, it's been making me feel sick, and I've been obsessing over it. I mean Sydney, it scares me what they might have done to you. The fact that you still won't tell me, scares me."

I said, "Tom I didn't want to tell you because I don't like talking about it, and I didn't want you to go after them, and either get yourself hurt, killed, or put in prison. I don't want you getting hurt or losing your badge over me."

Tom said, "So are you saying you care about me?"  He smirked.   I said, "yes Tom I do care."  He smiled.  He said, "Good. Because I care about you"

Tom said, "you know Syd, I already beat them up, so now you could tell me."

I said, "Fine Tom."

Tom said, "Did they um God I hate to say it out loud. It is scaring the hell out of me" I said, "no if you are asking if they raped me" Tom took a deep breath. He said, "Thank God. I was so scared. That fear in your eyes."

Tom had my hand. I said, "Although I was afraid that they would. I mean I knew what they wanted from me, and I worried about it."  I said, "Tom, they scared me so bad." He said, "I'm so sorry."  He hugged me.

I said, "one case I had to go be used as bait, to catch this rapist."  Tom clinched his fist.  I said, "The captain assured me I would be safe, that the guys would be watching the video that they set up, and right as he made his move, they would come in to save me. that I would say the catch word that they would hear and know to come in. And so I was trying to fight this guy off, and he was stronger than me, and so I said the catch word but they didn't come, so I said it again, then I knew that I was alone in this, so I tried to fight the guy, and kneed him and ran, and he pulled me by my hair, and shoved me into the wall, giving me a concussion, and I fell, and I thought, but then they came in at the last minute."  I was crying.  Tom said, "I'm so sorry."  He was kissing my head.  I cried on his shoulder.

I said, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be crying on you."  He said, "Why not."  I said, "Because I wasn't raped, and it happened a year ago."  Tom said, "you thought you were going to be.  Did you tell the captain that they didn't come when you called for them" I said, 'No I was too scared to. When I was in the ER, one of them came in and said there would be consequences if I got them in trouble. So, I didn't.  Then when I went to work on Monday, I opened my desk, and there were dead rats."

Tom said, "I'm going to kill them" I said, "Tommy no."  I grabbed his arm.  I said, "Tommy please let it go."  He said, "Sydney what else."  I said, "I used to hate to open my desk, because they would put explicit pictures of their um " Tom clinched his fists.  I said, "And made comments about what they wanted from me. They would frame me for messing up on a case, and say that they would fix it, but I had to give them bj's. Which I refused, so then I got written up for mistakes I didn't even make."

Tom said, "Sydney  I need names of the others. So are you saying that not one cop helped you."  I said, "It was mainly those 4 that did it all, some others would laugh, but didn't do anything, and some didn't know all that was going on, but they would come into the room, and the guys would stop for fear of the others finding out. And telling"

Tom said, "Why didn't you go tell one of those officers. Ask for help" I said, "I was going to, but then I got a text on my phone, even though I never gave them my number, and it said don't you dare tell or else we will be paying you a visit tonight at your house. Tommy I was so scared."

Tom said, "And you didn't go to Joe, because you were afraid that if you got them fired or charged, they would retaliate by coming after you at home."  I nodded.

He said, "Did you tell Rob?"  I nodded and cried. Tom said, "Did Rob go after them?"  I said, "no."  Tom said, "That son of a bitch. So, Rob did nothing. What did you tell him"  I said that they were harassing me, wanted me to do sex favors for them, they were bullying me, left pictures."  Tom said, "And that asshole did nothing."

I said, "yeah he said that if he got involved and went after them, it would make it worse, and it would make it bad on him, because his image, and his business. He couldn't fight and get in trouble. he would look bad to his boss, to the clients."

Tom said, "I'm so sorry Sydney."  I said, "I knew if I told Jay he would go after them. So, I made Rob promise to not tell my dad or Jay." I was crying. I said, "Tommy those guys threatened that if I told something bad would happen to Jay and Rob. That there would be an accident, their brakes go out."  Tom hugged me.

Tom said, "I'm going to kill them"  I said, "Tom no. Please. If you go after them again, or any more of them, it's too dangerous. You might get caught. And even if you don't, if they realize that it's because of me, they will come after me. Tom please."  He said, "fine I won't. But you promise me that if you ever come into contact with any of them, see any of them, or they see you, and I'm not with you, you tell me. Do not keep anything from me Sydney, Promise me right now. in fact, not just those guys, but if any guys bother you, tell me, don't hide things like this from me."

I said, "I promise. I know their routine, where they go, I avoid all those places. I haven't ran into them ever, except when you and I were eating last week."

Tom said, "So your dad and brother are laughing at me."  I smiled.  I said, "Why"  He said, "Because I'm whipped over you." I laughed.  I said, "you are such a good actor Tommy:

Tom thought to himself, no Sydney. I'm not acting.

Tom said, "Actually I'm not acting. I don't want you mad at me, and it was upsetting me to stay down there. Your dad was giving me advice about women and about relationships, since my last girlfriend was when I was 16, and he was telling me that I need to just let you calm down, not freak out if you are mad at me."

Tom laughed.  I said, "what."  He said, "your dad said you are just like your mom, not just in looks but personality, but I'm thinking you also are just like your dad."  I said, "how so?"  He said, "you are one hell of an interrogator."  We laughed. He said, "I'm serious.  I was sweating, as scared as your dad made me, you were worse.  I'm thinking you need to try for detective because you busted me without any evidence."  He laughed.

He said, "I wake up and I'm busted, without saying a word."  We laughed. I said, "I texted the guys and told them I needed them to come over to my dad's asap and gave them the address. They should be here any minute."  Tom nodded.

I said, "Hanson I can't believe you would risk your badge for me:" Tom said, "As much as my job has been my life, when it comes to my friends, or my mom, it's just a job. 

The guys came in Dennis's car.  He said, "Sydney mention anything in your guy's texts?"  They said, ": no."  Booker said, "Hanson probably blabbed."  Doug said, "he's so whipped probably"  They laughed.

We went downstairs.   The doorbell rang. I went to get it and let the guys in.  They all said, "hey Sydney."  Tom shook his head.  

I said, 'I cannot believe you guys would just break the law like that, but I thank you that you had Tommy's back. If Tom did this on his own and got hurt."

Booker said, "of course we wanted in on this sweetheart."  Tom grimaced at that word.  Shot him a look.  Booker said, "now Hanson don't get all jealous. I know she's yours.'

Doug said, "we always have each other's back, Sydney. Hanson's but yours also. We are family" Harry said, "And you are a part of our family" I hugged them, all 3.

Tom scratched his head.  Tom said, "Damn Jay, something not right with this. They get hugs, and I get screamed out."  He grinned so I knew he was teasing. Jay laughed.

Booker said, "Hanson you are so whipped, doesn't surprise me you sung like a canary."  Tom glared at him. He said, "I did not sing like a canary. She is too smart, she figured it out before I even got out of bed"

The guys laughed.  I said, "I was watching the news making breakfast for Tommy. And they were talking about the attack, and I had my back to the tv, but heard my old captain's voice saying it was his officers. Then they showed their pictures and I saw the 4, and I put it all together. I still can't believe you all would risk your badge, and Jay your law career. But it means so much to me that you all care for me that much. Tommy I'm sorry that I screamed at you. I was just upset."  I hugged him.  He said, "it's ok."

I said, "I'm still upset. You guys they are going to charge attempted murder, if you get arrested"  My dad said, "They won't get arrested. We planned it out. They can't be identified, there is no security footage, they had hockey masks on, and gang clothes."  

Tom said, "boys I have bad news for you. The boss is making you burn your clothes. She's insisting."  The guys said, "you're joking" Tom and Jay shook their heads no.  The guys laughed, but said, "ok" I said, "Another thing, no one is to know about this, unless they are here in this room. Not even Judy. I don't want to put her as an accomplice for knowing and not telling. So Doug you can't tell Dorothy, Booker you can't tell your friends, Harry, Tom, Jay you can't tell Allison, is that clear."  They all said, "yes ma'am."

My dad asked them if they wanted to stay and have a barbecue. So we did that. I called and invited Judy over.

The guys left, and I was saying goodbye to Judy.

Tom said, "guys Sydney told me what they did, and honestly part of me wants to go kill them. But I won't. I promised her I'll let it go."  My dad said, "Son can you tell us" Tom said, "no sir, I think that is for Sydney to tell you. I will tell you it's not as bad I mean it's not what you might be afraid of happening. They didn't attack her or rape her."  Jay and my dad said, "Thank God."  Tom said, "But she was scared of them."

We went home.  That night Tom was in his room, I was in mine.  I went and knocked on his door.  He said, "Come in" I said, "Hey sorry, I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry for cussing you out and ranting at you and thank you for what you did for me. It was very sweet Tom."  I went and kissed his cheek.

Tom said, "you're welcome, and you are worth it. And promise me you will tell me if they ever come near you or any guy."  I said, "I promise."

I said, "I think if your police career doesn't work out, you might have a job with boxing"  He laughed. So, did I.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 334 26
TW: Sexual content, trauma, sexual abuse, drug abuse, depression, swearing _________________________________________ What happens to an exploded star...
9.5K 261 21
For Detective Kevin Ryan there's always been a clear line between the good and the bad; The cops and the criminals; The guilty and the innocent. Wha...
6.3K 57 85
Tom Hanson is on his last chance as a cop. His other unit didn't go well. He grew up a loner. Has a lot of baggage from his past. He comes to 21 Ju...
3K 19 43
Sydney Alexander is a police officer. After going through a betrayal, she leaves town, and joins a new unit. She falls for one of her fellow cops...