Quake

By Lonely_Lil_Simp

When the Marauders were in school they made a friend who one day disappeared, only to be pronounced dead soon... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Act I: The Avengers
The Avengers 1
The Avengers 2
The Avengers 3
The Avengers 4
The Avengers 5
The Avengers 6
The Avengers 7
The Avengers 8
The Avengers 9
Act ll: CA:TWS
New Arrivals
CA:TWS 1
CA:TWS 3
CA:TWS 4
CA:TWS 5
CA:TWS 6
CA:TWS 7
CA:TWS 8
Act lll: Avengers: Age of Ultron
New Arrivals Part 2
Avengers: AoU 1
Avengers: AoU 2
Avengers: AoU 3
Avengers: AoU 4
Avengers: AoU 5
Avengers: AoU 6
Avengers: AoU 7
Avengers: AoU 8
Avengers: AoU 9
Break
Act IV: Captain America: Civil War
New Arrivals Part 3
CA:CW 1
CA:CW 2
A/N...
CA:CW 3
CA:CW 4
CA:CW 5
CA:CW 6
CA:CW 7
CA:CW 8
CA:CW 9
CA:CW 10
CA:CW 11
CA:CW 12
CA:CW 13
Act V: Agents of Shield S3E19-20
AoS: S3E19: Failed Experiments
AoS: S3E20: Emancipation
Act VI: Black Widow
New Arrivals Part 4
Black Widow 1
Black Widow 2

CA:TWS 2

3.5K 88 7
By Lonely_Lil_Simp

[The Triskelion, S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters; Steve walks into Fury's office]

Steve Rogers: You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?

Nick Fury: I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff and Agent Ivanova had a different mission than yours.

Steve Rogers: Which you didn't feel obliged to share.

Nick Fury: I'm not obliged to do anything.

Steve Rogers: Those hostages could've died, Nick.

Nick Fury: I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen.

Steve Rogers: Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns.

Nick Fury: The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye.

"*Cough* Goose *Cough" Ana 'coughs' out. Fury turns his gaze on her and glares. She just smiles sweetly at him.

Everyone who heard what she had said were very confused, but they had a feeling they might not ever know the true story.

Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agents Romanoff and Ivanova are comfortable with everything.

Steve Rogers: I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns.

Nick Fury: It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all.

Steve Rogers: Except you.

Nick Fury: You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that.

"Oh yeah, very nice." James says sarcastically. He was trying to get Ana's attention so that she would stop making googly eyes at that Bucky guy.

His plan failed, however, when she turned her gaze on him and glared. "Actually, James, what he did was smart. If someone on the team was captured they wouldn't be able to tell all of S.H.I.E.L.D's secrets because they don't have all of S.H.I.E.L.D's secrets."

James shrank back at the look he received from the love of his life, but before she could do anything Bucky pulled her closer into him and kissed her head, whispering anything he could that would calm her down.

[Fury steps into an elevator with Steve following behind him]

Nick Fury: Insight bay.

SHIELD Computer: Captain Rogers does not have clearance for Project Insight.

Nick Fury: Director override, Fury, Nicholas J.

SHIELD Computer: Confirmed.

[the elevator starts moving down]

Steve Rogers: You know, they used to play music.

Nick Fury: Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these things for forty years. My granddad worked in a nice building, he got good tips.

[Nick looks up]

Nick Fury: He'd walk home every night, roll of ones stuffed in his lunch bag. He'd say "hi", people would say hi back. Time went on, neighborhood got rougher. He'd say "Hi", they'd say, "Keep on steppin'. Granddad got to grippin' that lunch bag a little tighter.

Steve Rogers: Did he ever get mugged?

Nick Fury: Every week some punk would say, "What's in the bag?"

Steve Rogers: What did he do?

Nick Fury: He'd show 'em. Bunch of crumpled ones and loaded .22 Magnum.

"The evolution of mankind, everyone!" Ana says, sweeping her arms as if she was presenting something.

"Wait, what's a .22 Magnum?" A halfblood Hufflepuff 1st year asked. Nat looked at her and smiled softly, "It's just a weapon. Something to be used for protection."

The little  Hufflepuff smiled and blushed, then turned to whisper to her friends. The avengers were shocked, they had never seen Nat be so soft and gentle before.

[Fury smiles]

Nick Fury: Granddad loved people. But he didn't trust them very much.

"Smart." Ana commented once again. Bucky smiled, "Doll, you're talking a little too much, don't you think?"

Ana rolled her eyes and whispered back, "I'm just speaking my thoughts, is that's so bad James?"

He sighed, "No, but maybe quiet down just a bit, and just tell me your thoughts. You never know, someone might not think it's cute how you always speak your mind during movies like I do."

Ana huffed, "Fine, James. But only because it's you whose asking." He smiled and pulled her closer to his side, if possible.

James Potter watched the whole interaction in jealousy. The Bucky guy should not be that close to the love of his life. That should be him up there holding her and not that metal armed oaf.

[as they continue to ride down the elevator Steve notices the giant Helicarriers]

Nick Fury: Yeah, I know. They're a little bit bigger than a .22.

Many of the witches and wizards look at the screen in awe, having not seen anything like it before.

[as Fury shows Steve round]

Nick Fury: This is Project Insight. Three next generation Helicarriers synced to a network of targeting satellites.

Steve Rogers: Launched from the Lemurian Star.

Nick Fury: Once we get them in the air they never need to come down. Continuous suborbital flight courtesy of our new repulsor engines.

Steve Rogers: Stark?

"Glad you think so highly of me, Capsicle." Stark says. Steve just rolls his eyes at the nickname.

Nick Fury: Well, he had a few suggestions once he got an up close look at our old turbines. These new long range precision guns can eliminate a thousand hostiles a minute. The satellites can read a terrorist's DNA before he steps outside his spider hole. We gonna neutralize a lot of threats before they even happen.

Steve Rogers: I thought the punishment usually came after the crime.

Nick Fury: We can't afford to wait that long.

Steve Rogers: Who's "we"?

Nick Fury: After New York, I convinced the World Security Council we needed a quantum surge in threat analysis. For once we're way ahead of the curve.

Steve Rogers: By holding a gun at everyone on Earth and calling it protection.

Nick Fury: You know, I read those SSR files. Greatest generation? You guys did some nasty stuff.

Steve Rogers: Yeah, we compromised. Sometimes in ways that made us not sleep so well. But we did it so the people could be free. This isn't freedom, this is fear.

Nick Fury: SHIELD takes the world as it is, not as we'd like it to be. It's getting damn near past time for you to get with that program, Cap.

Steve Rogers: Don't hold your breath.

[Steve turns and walks off]

[Steve takes off on his motorcycle; in the Smithsonian Museum there is an exhibit dedicated to Captain America]

The Smithsonian Narrator: A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world. The story of Captain America is one of honor, bravery and sacrifice.

"Wait, you have your own museum?!" A little 2nd year asked in awe. Steve looked at the kid and smiled, nodding as an answer to his question.

[Steve, keeping his face hidden under a baseball cap, walks over to the exhibition]

Ana leaned over to Bucky, "Can I please comment on this to everyone?" Bucky thought it over, and then nodded as a yes.

Ana smiled happily, "Steve! That is the best disguise I have ever seen! I mean really, it must've take hours for you to come up with it. There's no way anyone could ever recognize you when you're wearing that!"

Everyone burst out laughing at the girl's obvious sarcasm. Steve rolled his eyes, "We'll no one recognized me, did they?" He questioned.

Ana sighed, "Just you wait, Capsicle, someone is bound to recognize you. Ya dumbass."

Everyone laughed at the banter between the two, and once they all calmed down they turned back to the screen.

Woman on PA: (faintly) Welcome to the Smithsonian. Visitor information booths are available on the second level.

Smithsonian Narrator: Denied enlistment due to poor health, Steven Rogers was chosen for a program unique in the annals of American warfare. One that would transform him into the world's first super soldier.

[a boy recognizes him, Steve smiles puts his finger against his mouth to indicate for the boy to keep quiet and the boy nods, Steve then watches some old footage of himself]

"And what did I say?! I told you, someone was bound to recognize you." Ana shouts out, forgetting her promise to Bucky, who was sat by her side trying his best to muffle his laughter.

"Ya, I know, I know." Steve says, admitting defeat.

Old Footage Recording: In this rare footage, everyone's favorite war hero, Captain America...

[Steve goes to the display where there are mannequins with costumes of Steve's old commando squad]

Smithsonian Narrator: Battle tested, Captain America and his Howling Commandos quickly earned their stripes. Their mission, taking down HYDRA, the Nazi rogue science division.

[Steve walks over to a display of his friend Bucky Barnes]

Smithsonian Narrator: Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes and Steven Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes is the only Howling Commando to give his life in service of his country.

Bucky smiles at Steve and he returns the favor, both reminiscing on their childhood with fond smiles.

[Steve watches an older looking Peggy Carter being interviewed]

Peggy Carter: That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve...

(Peggy hesitates)

Peggy Carter: Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would later become my husband. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life.

[Steve looks at the photo of Peggy he'd kept in his old compass]

Steve smiles sadly at Peggy.

[Steve visits Peggy, who is now lying sick in bed]

Steve Rogers: You should be proud of yourself, Peggy.

[Steve looks at Peggy's family photos by her bedside table showing her with her children]

Peggy Carter: Mm. I have lived a life. My only regret is that you didn't get to live yours.

[Steve looks sad]

Peggy Carter: What is it?

Steve Rogers: For as long as I can remember I just wanted to do what was right. I guess I'm not quite sure what that is anymore. And I thought I could throw myself back in and follow orders, serve. It's just not the same.

[Peggy chuckles]

Peggy Carter: You're always so dramatic. Look, you saved the world. We rather...mucked it up.

Steve Rogers: You didn't. Knowing that you helped found SHIELD is half the reason I stayed.

[Peggy takes Steve's hand]

Peggy Carter: Hey. The world has changed and none of us can go back. All we can do is our best, and sometimes the best that we can do is to start over.

"That's some pretty good advice." Clint acknowledges. Tony smiles, "Yeah, Aunt Peggy was always wiser like that."

Steve was surprised at first, Aunt Peggy? But when he thought about it, it made sense. Howard and Peggy were close, and so of course Peggy would be apart of Howard's son's life.

[Peggy starts to cough, Steve turns to get her some water and goes to hand it to her]

Steve Rogers: Peggy.

[suddenly Peggy looks at Steve like she's seeing him for the first time since he was frozen]

Peggy Carter: Steve?

Steve Rogers: Yeah.

Peggy Carter: You're alive! You...you came, you came back.

Steve Rogers: Yeah, Peggy.

[Peggy begins to cry]

Peggy Carter: It's been so long. So long.

Steve Rogers: Well, I couldn't leave my best girl. Not when she owes me a dance.

People look at the screen sadly. It must be heartbreaking for everyone who knows her to have her not remember everything. To be sick like that.

[Fury is alone in his office; to his voice controlled computer]

Nick Fury: Secure office.

[all the windows are blackened, Fury takes out the flash drive Natasha had downloaded all the files from the the Lemurian Star and places it in his computer

A chorus of "woah"s and "wow"s were echoed around the hall. No one but the Avengers had seen anything like that.

Nick Fury: Open Lemurian Star's satellite launch file.

SHIELD Computer: Access denied.

Nick Fury: Run decryption.

SHIELD Computer: Decryption failed.

Nick Fury: Director override, Fury, Nicholas J.

SHIELD Computer: Override denied. All files sealed.

Nick Fury: On whose authority?

SHIELD Computer: Fury, Nicholas J.

[Fury looks confused and worried]

"Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense?" A random kid asked. Everyone was thinking the same thing, except for the people who had already experienced it.

[Fury enters elevator]

Nick Fury: World Security Council.

SHIELD Computer: Confirmed.

[Alexander Pierce is holding a virtual meeting with the World Security Council]

Fury glared at the sight of Pierce. He could hold a serious grudge and he fully intended to keep this one for the rest of eternity.

Councilman Rockwell: If Nick Fury thinks he can get his costumed thugs and STRIKE commandos to mop-up his mess, he's sadly mistaken. This failure is unacceptable.

"Costumed thugs?" Ana whispered angrily. Bucky noticed how worked up she was getting and started to rub his hand up and down her arm, to try and calm her. Which thankfully, worked.

Councilman Singh: Well, considering this attack took place one mile from my country's sovereign waters, it's a bit more then that. I move for immediate hearing.

Councilwoman Hawley: We don't need hearings, we need action. It's this Council's duty to oversee SHIELD.

Councilman Yen: A breach like this raises serious questions.

Councilman Rockwell: Like how the hell did a French pirate manage to hijack a covert SHIELD vessel in broad daylight?

Alexander Pierce: For the record, councilman, he's Algerian. I can draw a map if it'll help.

Councilman Rockwell: I appreciate your wit, Secretary Pierce. But this Council take things like international piracy fairly seriously.

Alexander Pierce: Really? I don't. I don't care about one boat, I care about the fleet. If this Council is going to fall a rancor every time someone pushes us on the playing field, maybe we need someone to oversee us.

Councilman Yen: Mr. Secretary, nobody is suggesting...

[they are interrupted by Pierce's assistant walking in and whispering something to Pierce; to the council]
Alexander Pierce: Excuse me.

Councilman Rockwell: More trouble, Mr. Secretary?

Alexander Pierce: It depends on your definition.

[the meeting ends as Pierce leaves]

Alexander Pierce: I work forty floors away and it takes a hijacking for you to visit?

Nick Fury: A nuclear war would do it too.

[they shake hands; referring to Pierce's meeting with the World Security Council]
Nick Fury: Busy in there?

Alexander Pierce: Nothing some earmarks can't fix.

Nick Fury: I'm, uh...here to ask a favor. I want you to call for a vote. Project insight has to be delayed.

Alexander Pierce: Nick, that's not a favor, that's a subcommittee hearing. A long one.

Nick Fury: It could be nothing, probably is nothing. I just need time to make sure it's nothing.

Alexander Pierce: What if it's something?

Nick Fury: Then we'll both be damn glad those Helicarriers aren't in the air.

[Pierce hesitates a moment before replying]

Alexander Pierce: Fine. But you gotta get Iron Man to stop by my niece's birthday party.

"I'm not a bargaining chip." Tony says indignantly. The avengers look at him oddly.

[Nick shakes his hand]
Nick Fury: Thank you, sir.

Alexander Pierce: And not just a flyby, he's got to mingle.

"I'm not mingling with anyone." Tony says once again.

[Pierce turns and leaves]

[Steve goes to a PTSD group meeting where Sam is counselling other veterans]

Female War Veteran: The thing is I think it's getting worse. A cop pulled me over last week, he thought I was drunk. I swerved to miss a plastic bag. I thought it was an IED.

Some look at the soldier sympathetically.

Sam Wilson: Some stuff you leave there, other stuff you bring back. It's our job to figure out how to carry it. Is it gonna be in a big suitcase or in a little man-purse? It's up to you.

"Wow, Sam," Ana started, "I never knew you were that wise." Sam just rolls his eyes, "Ha, Ha." He says sarcastically.

[after the meeting ends Steve waits for Sam as he finishes saying goodbye to the veterans]

Female War Veteran: I'll see you next week.

Sam Wilson: Yeah.

Female War Veteran: Yeah. [Sam walks over to Steve]

Sam Wilson: Look who it is. The running man.

Steve Rogers: Caught the last few minutes. It's pretty intense.

Sam Wilson: Yeah, brother, we all got the same problems. Guilt, regret.

Steve Rogers: You lose someone?

Sam Wilson: My wingman, Riley. Flying a night mission.Standard PJ rescue op, nothing we hadn't done a thousand times before, till RPG knock Riley's dumb ass out of the sky. Nothing I could do. It's like I was up there just to watch.

Those who understood what loss felt like looked at Sam in empathy, but he just waved off all the looks.

Steve Rogers: I'm sorry.

Sam Wilson: After that, I had really hard time finding a reason for being over there, you know?

Steve Rogers: But you're happy now, back in the world?

Sam Wilson: Hey, the number of people giving me orders is down to about zero. So, hell, yeah. You thinking about getting out?

"I can get that, Sammy Boy." Ana says. Everyone chuckles but Sam rolls his eyes playfully once again at the brunette.

Steve Rogers: No. I don't know. To be honest, I don't know what I would do with myself if I did.

Sam Wilson: Ultimate fighting? [Steve laughs] It's just a great idea off the top of my head. But seriously, you could do whatever you want to do. What makes you happy?

Steve Rogers: I don't know.

"That's deep." A random person said. Steve just looks down.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

A/N:
Heyyy! I should be getting quite a few chapters out this week so be looking out for those. Most of the updates will come at anytime from 12am to 6am because sleep is overrated and for the weak!

Anyways, hope you have a great day/night, and make sure to drink lots of water! And pls pls pls vote and comment because it really helps!

Thx for reading, The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 183 13
Amelia Potter's world fell apart on October 31st 1991. She lost everything. Her brother, her friends, and now her entire home. After Dumbledore asked...
36.3K 1.5K 78
BOOK: 1 Josette Hart's life was a mess. An evil mother who wants revenge on her family, created Josette to help her in her motive. 9 years locked up...
6.6K 336 21
atelophobia [noun; a-te-lo-pho-bia] ➸the fear of never being good enough . The fear of failure. Anastasia dreamed of being the perfect black widow an...
775K 25.2K 132
Follow the girl who lived, Anastasia Lily Potter and her friends as they go back in time, to their parent's era, and time at Hogwarts, carrying with...