lover | park jongseong

By chapterwon

★ 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 ‹𝟹 "there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear.." More

★ 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 , cast ‹𝟹
‹𝟹 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 , playlist ★
★ #01 | party
★ #02 | talk
★ #03 | instagram
★ #04 | notifications
★ #05 | out of your league
★ #06 | encouragement
★ #07 | late night
★ #08 | plans
★ #09 | café
★ #10 | texts
★ #12 | you there?
★ #13 | checking in
★ #14 | phone call
★ #15 | comforting
★ #16 | tired
★ #17 | wild guess
★ #18 | gloves
★ #19 | biding time
★ #20 | the park
★ #21 | guitar
★ #22 | chaos
★ #23 | walks
★ #24 | drained
★ #25 | arrival
★ #26 | pumpkin carving
★ #27 | leaving
★ #28 | hugs
★ #29 | confession
★ #30 | haunted house
★ #31 | car drives
★ #32 | outfit
★ #33 | freshly baked
★ #34 | halloween
★ #35 | overwhelmed
★ #36 | lover
★ #37 | wine stained
★ #38 | when you're ready
★ #39 | reaching out
★ #40 | feelings
★ #41 | reassurance
★ #42 | pickup
★ #43 | will you?
★ #44 | date night
★ #45 | dinner for two
★ #46 | rainfall
★ #47 | preparation
★ #48 | late night drive
★ #49 | stargazing
★ #50 | sleep well
★ #51 | banter
★ #52 | ice cream
★ #53 | sleeping in
★ #54 | planning
★ #55 | go out with me?
★ #56 | finale
- ★ | bonus chapter | #01
- ★ | bonus chapter | #02

★ #11 | argument

1.9K 152 248
By chapterwon

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong

★ #11 | argument
"you seriously wrote a song
about him?"

now playing..

tolerate it , taylor swift
"if it's all in my head, tell me now. tell me i've
got it wrong somehow.. i know my love should
be celebrated, but you tolerate it.."

______

"SERIOUSLY.. what does he want me to do? This is just bullshit. I'm not going to drop everything just for him. Plus, I have other men on my line waiting for me." Oh Mijin rambled, pacing around the bedroom in Hyerin's apartment.

Hyerin hummed, eyes skimming over the letters written in her Notebook before peering back up at her laptop. Studying was quite hard when focused on something else; such as comforting her best friend who was venting about her boy problems.

"Dating is hard, Hyerin. Be grateful you don't have any boy problems." Mijin breathed out, causing said girl to pause, a small smile creeping up onto her lips before quickly wiping it off her face.

"Ahh, yeah. I guess I'm pretty lucky." Hyerin spoke in a quiet mumble, the faint sound of the ink from her pencil skimming swiftly over the paper filling her ears.

"By the way, we should go out soon. I'm getting tired of just coming over all the time.. it's so boring. Plus, no offense, but your apartment stinks ever since you got that puppy." Mijin grimaced, eyes narrowing at the sight of the sleeping puppy on her bed.

"Does it?" Hyerin tilted her head, a breathy laugh escaping her lips. "I must be too used to it to notice."

"Stop laughing, it's not even funny. I'm being serious, it's disgusting." The older girl furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head in disgust as Hyerin pressed her lips together in a thin line, going back to her work as the room filled with a brief silence.

"I swear, every time I come here you're always too busy to hang out with me. It's kinda rude, to be honest. I mean, at least acknowledge the fact that I literally came all the way over here?" Mijin complained, wandering over to stand beside Hyerin, who let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Mi." She let out, running her fingers through her hair. "I'm really trying my best here.. I want to hang out with you, and not have to worry about anything else. But you know how many assignments I have due this week. I really have to get this done."

Mijin only sighed, staying silent as her hands grazed along the items the girl had set out on her desk. Her eyes landed on an open notebook; set to the side as neatly written letters called out to her. With a curious gaze, she picked it up -- taking it into her hands.

"Is this one of your songs?" The girl questioned, watching as Hyerin turned her head before nodding and humming in response.

"This is recent.." Mijin muttered, skimming over the page quickly. "And it's a love song?" The girl raised a brow, narrowing her eyes.

"Who'd you write this about?" The older girl closed the notebook, tossing it down onto the desk before leaning against it. Hyerin shook her head, rubbing her tired eyes. "Nobody."

Mijin scoffed, nudging the girl who was sitting in her chair. "You and I both know that's a lie. You're too obvious, Hyerin." The girl pointed out with a laugh. "So, who did you write it about? Seriously, tell me. I'm your best friend."

Hyerin sighed, setting her pencil down and giving her friend her full attention. Pressing her lips together in a thin line, she debated on whether or not to follow on with the older girl's requests. After a moment, she finally gave in; replying.

"That guy I met at the party." She admitted, picking at her chipped nail polish. "We've been in contact." She informed in a quiet mumble, watching as Mijin's eyes widened.

"You've got to be kidding.." Mijin sighed out, crossing her arms over her chest as she shot the younger an unfazed expression.

"Babes, you know I told you he's way out of your league. You shouldn't be writing.. love songs about him. You'll only continue to catch feelings, and you know it won't work out. What did I tell you? Guys like him don't go for girls like you." Mijin reminded, smacking the top of Hyerin's head lightly.

"I can't believe this.." Mijin muttered, shaking her head. "You seriously wrote a song about him?"

Hyerin nodded slowly; embarrassment and regret rushing through her as she hugged her knees to her chest. "I did."

Nibbling down at her bottom lip, she spoke again. "I know, it's not a good idea to continue to write a song in such a category; but I'm trying to get rid of any romantic attraction I have towards him. He's a really sweet guy, Mijin. I'd like to be friends with him at the very least."

"You see, even that alone is an nearly impossible concept." Mijin grumbled, shaking her head repeatedly as she paced around the bedroom.

"What is?"

"You being friends with him."

"How is that an impossible concept, Mijin? We've been texting, and we even hung out at a café yesterday. I'd say we're close to friends already." Hyerin explained, eyes following her friend's movements.

"You don't understand, Hyerin. Guy's like that aren't even willing to be friends with someone like you. I'm sure he was just being nice. Guys are jerks, but you wouldn't understand that."

"What do you mean, I won't understand? You act as if I haven't been in a relationship before. A toxic one, as well. I know how shitty people can be, I don't live under a rock." Hyerin sighed, rubbing her temples.

"Here we go again.. another day of you starting unnecessary arguments for no reason at all. My god, these days I can't even talk to you without some shit coming up and you suddenly acting like a bitch. This is ridiculous.. what happened to the old you?" Mijin pestered, jaw clenched as Hyerin stared at her; a mix of sadness and anger pent up in her eyes.

"Am I a bitch because I'm not complying to every single little thing you ask me to do? That's it, right? I'm just a bitch because I'm not following your orders like.. like a pet. This is so unfair." Hyerin spoke shakily, standing up from her chair as she furrowed her brows.

Silence filled the room; a shocked expression painting itself across Mijin's face as she choked on word, struggling to find a response to the sudden confrontation -- something she wasn't used to receiving from Min Hyerin.

"I--- don't deflect this onto me! This is your doing! We wouldn't be arguing right now if you would've just listened to me!" Mijin argued, raising her voice as Hyerin huffed.

"Exactly! Every argument feels like it's just because I don't listen to you. I don't immediately drop everything to follow your.. your orders. And then, you get upset at me." Hyerin countered, voice quiet as she gripped onto the hem of her t-shirt tightly.

Mijin let out a strangled gasp, taking multiple steps forward and pausing only a mere four feet away from the younger girl. "That is so not true!" She demanded, pointing her index finger her way in a threatening manner.

"But, it is." Hyerin said quickly, heaving out a deep breath as her gaze shifted to her puppy; of which had woken up startled and confused upon the unexpected yelling filling the entirety of the apartment.

"Look, can we please just talk instead of yelling? You're startling not only me, but the puppy. And I don't want to yell at you, either." Hyerin begged, feeling anxious at the sight of her angered friend.

"Is that really all you care about? Some damn puppy? You're nothing but a self absorbed piece of shit! Fuck you, Min Hyerin!" Mijin shouted, raising her middle finger as she slipped off Hyerin, who stood completely frozen.

Quickly realizing her mistake; Mijin's eyes widened at her own words, a gasp leaving her lips as she clasped her hand over her mouth. Stumbling forward, the girl placed a gentle hand over her shoulder. "Hyerin, you know I--"

Hyerin pushed the girl's hand off of her shoulder, shaking her head silently as she avoided Mijin's gaze. "Please, just go. We both clearly need time to ourselves."

"No way am I just leaving? Let's just talk. Now." Mijin demanded, beginning to speak once again. "Come on--"

"Mijin." Hyerin spoke firmly, looking up to meet her gaze with tearful eyes; ones she tried her best to mask as she continuously blinked away the forming tears at her waterline.

Mijin huffed, shaking her head as she walked out of the bedroom, wandering towards the front door as she slipped her shoes and jacket on in a hurry. "I can't believe you aren't even trying to resolve any of this. Does our friendship really mean nothing to you?"

Hyerin stayed silent; too distraught to even speak. Therefore she stood, watching quietly as Mijin slipped her arms through the sleeves of her navy colored jacket, a breath of disbelief leaving her lips.

Everything in Hyerin was begging for her to say anything, something. To let Mijin know that she cared more than she could imagine. But, something held her back. Part of her knew it would just lead to yet another unwanted screaming match.

"I can't believe you." Mijin huffed out, glaring at Hyerin as she opened her front door, exiting her apartment before slamming the door shut behind her.

As soon as the girl's figure disappeared behind the door, Hyerin broke out into a fit of sobs; mentally cursing herself for being so stupid as she blamed herself for the heated argument.

If she had just stayed silent as always, perhaps things wouldn't have ended the way they did. Maybe Mijin would still be content, happily roaming around her apartment as she rambled on about her week.

There she sat, alone on the floor of her living room; drowning in her own guilt as she leaned her head against the locked front door -- heart stinging as she chewed at her fingernails subconsciously.

She knew damn well that after the events of today, it'd take her quite a bit of time to process and recover from the emotional damage she had received from hurtful words thrown her way during said argument.

______

★﹐authors corner .﹗﹑
did you guys know that everyone
reading this message is insanely
cool ??? *real* !!!

guys if you can't tell i'm so bored
and i have nothing better to do
with my life so we all know what
that means... !!

time to update lover 🤗‼️

crying

okay

anyway
july 15th, 2023 -- 11:44pm.
not proofread.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 719 26
𝗘𝗡𝗛𝗬𝗣𝗘𝗡 𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗧𝗦 An enchanting collection of romantic oneshots, unveiling captivating chapters that intertwine the members of Enhypen...
104K 4.2K 22
-ᴍᴀғɪᴀ ᴀᴜ "𝐈 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐭�...
147K 4.9K 31
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝗜 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗴𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗟𝗲𝗲 𝗛𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴 ❞ 𝗹. 𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗲 𝗮𝘂
8.7K 490 13
"Then who?" "You." OR -after getting rejected by his crush, Jungwon starts his journey to find the perfect boyfriend, with his best friend, Jake.