Hai Tujhe Bhi Izazat

By eliraovertheclouds

In Physics, we learn 'Opposites attract', in Chemistry, we learn 'Like dissolves like' and in Biology we lear... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Her Life
Chapter 2: His Life
Chapter 3: Hope For The Best
Chapter 4: Varanasi It Is
Chapter 5: Cold Coffee And Sandwiches
Chapter 6: Not Good For Health?
Chapter 7: A Favour
Chapter 8: Anatomy Class
Chapter 9: A New Couple?
Chapter 10: Library Lessons
Chapter 11: Crush?
Announcement
Announcement
Chapter 12: Canteen Or Tea Stall?
Chapter 13: Trouble
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 16: Sorry?
Chapter 17: Caring
Chapter 18: New Feelings
Chapter 19: Confused Feelings
Chapter 20; To Be Brave
Chapter 21: Misunderstandings
Chapter 22: Choose Her
Chapter 23 Doing what's right
Chapter 24: Changing Perspective
Chapter 25: Inside the mansion
Chapter 26: Dilemma
Chapter 27: At the police station
Chapter 28: During the holidays
Chapter 29: A mistake
Chapter 30: Brotherly bond
Chapter 31: Movie Night
Chapter 32: Field Trip
Chapter 33: Discovering the truth
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Announcement
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue

Chapter 15: Jealous

954 60 10
By eliraovertheclouds

The biggest deceiver of our life is time. It never stops for anyone. Sometimes it passes at a speed ten times more than light. And sometimes it crawls at a speed ten times less than a tortoise.

The two hours for which Teena was unconscious passed painfully slowly but the two days before the examination passed extremely fast. The next fifteen days were very stressful for every one of them. They had to study so much and they all were disturbed because of that incident.

Aaradhya and Dev made Tanu understand that whatever Teena told the Principal was her choice. She just can't judge and hate her for that. Tanu has become normal again and was civil with Teena, at least. They all helped Teena as much as they could and everything was becoming normal again. Yuvraj came to the college as usual but something about him has changed. He tried to meet Teena so many times but she was always surrounded by her friends, especially Abhi. Aaradhya took care of Teena's meal, brought fruits for her and even went to her flat to cook khichdi for her as per the doctor's recommendation.

But she made sure to keep her distance from Abhi. She has seen him taking care of Teena. They look like husband and wife bickering over small things and then laughing at their silliness. Her heart ached at this. She doesn't know why and she does not want to know the reason. Teena was normal now. Her weakness was almost gone. She has nothing to do with this group now. She has completed her duty as a good human. She helped them when they needed it. Now she needs her piece of mind. Everyone else can go to hell for all she cares.

Their mid-semester examination was over today. There was relief on everyone's face. They would not secure good marks for sure but they all will pass, hopefully.

With all the thoughts in her mind, Aaradhya went to the canteen to take a cold coffee.

"Aaradhya, wait!" Abhi called. She closed her eyes. No no no! She does not want to talk to him.

"Yes?" she mumbled as she turned to face him.

"Wanna have a cup of tea?" he asked hopefully.

"No, thanks for asking!" came a simple reply.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to."

"I am not asking that. I want to know why you have been avoiding me for the last few days?" he asked without beating around the bush.

"Avoid? You? Why would I do that?" she asked.

"Not again Aaradhya! We have been there. Now tell me the reason." he knew the reason. But he wants to hear it from her.

"Let me think. Maybe you don't remember. You have a weak memory, I guess. You promised me something in the evening and broke that promise in the morning. That might be the reason." she said calmly. But she knows that this is only one of the many reasons she has.

"I did nothing. I just sent a gift," he said innocently.

"Bangles? Seriously! To a boy. That was too much. Whatever it is, you have your life, you are free to make decisions. Our vibe doesn't match. I don't think we can be friends for long. It's more convenient if we remain civil, instead. And you must leave now. It's time for your girlfriend's medicine." she said in a go. Then she realised she let her jealousy overpower her. She called Teena his girlfriend. She has no right to judge them. Why is she so pathetic?

"Girlfriend? Oh, now I get it! Are you by any chance jealous?" he asked smirking.

"Jeal.... Jealous? Why would I be?" she fumbled with her words.

He took a step toward her and she stood still. As if her legs were tied to the floor.
He stopped just an away from her. He could sense her nervousness. Her cheeks were dark red already.

"I just wanted to ask you something," he said slowly.

"What?" she asked in the hope that he would say Teena is his sister or something of that sort.

"Which girlfriend are you talking about?" he asked smilingly.

"What?" she asked confused, raising her eyebrows.

"I have many girlfriends. So which one were you talking about? To whom do I have to give medicine?" he asked with a very serious expression on his face.

"I.. I..... I need to leave." saying that Aaradhya turned and walked out of the canteen with the speed of light.

Abhi could not help but smile at her behaviour. This girl was something. But then it struck him. He came here to talk with her and to apologise. But what did he do? Made her more mad instead. How is he such an idiot? He immediately followed her and found her standing near the stairs drinking water from her bottle. He went and stood in front of her.

Aaradhya was trying so hard to calm her heartbeat. As she took a sip of water she found him standing in front of her again. She got tensed and as a result, spat the water which directly went to Abhi's face and shirt.

"What the..." Abhi exclaimed.

"Sorry sorry sorry! I am so sorry! You frightened me by suddenly appearing like this. It's your fault." she said hurriedly. Why does she always embarrass herself in front of him? Just why!

"It's ok. I am sorry" said Abhi wiping his face with a handkerchief.

"Can we talk, please?" he asked keeping the handkerchief in his pocket.

Aaradhya was too embarrassed to even stand in front of him now. She made a promise to herself to maintain her distance from him. She will not break it.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asked.

"See Aaradhya, you are a nice girl. I don't want to hurt you. I was very furious at Yuvraj so I did what I did. I am sorry for that. To keep my promise I did not punch him directly and I am sorry for all I did. But I cannot take this behaviour of yours anymore. For the last few days, you are avoiding me as if I am some deadly disease. And I don't have any girlfriends. If it makes the situation better. " he said all he wanted.

Don't! Don't! Please don't! Aaradhya warned her heart, but still, it skipped a beat again. She thought he did not notice her indifference for the past few days. But he did. He did!

"Okk" she could bring herself to say this only.

"Ok?" he asked.

"Yes Ok! Now if you permit may I leave? Dev and Tanu would be waiting for me." she said.

"Oh! You are going out with Dev?" he asked cooly.

"And Tanu" she emphasised Tanu's name.

"Cool then! I'll see you around, I guess?" he asked hopefully.

"Yes of course. Bye" With that she left.

*********

Varanasi is famous for its street food. And today Tanu was going to try most of them. Her exams were over now. No more study for a few days, at least. She wore a beautiful pink kurti with jeans. Her Instagram was going to get full of some traditional aesthetics now. She was so happy.

Aaradhya saw a smiling Tanu as she tied her hair. She wore a light yellow kurti with a white palazzo. Tanu has forced her to wear this. She wants to post some roommates' goals on her insta profile. She has even forced Dev to come in a kurta. This girl can make anyone do anything she wants.

They all went to Shiv temple first. And then started to explore the nearby places. As they were eating chaat at a food truck Tanu saw Teena, Anuj and Abhi coming towards the same truck.

"Hii" Tanu said excitedly as they came near.

"Hii" they all greeted each other smiling except for one person whose smile vanished as she saw them. She greeted them quickly shifting her complete focus to the plate in her hand. She could feel someone's eyes on her and her cheek became red instantly. Is there something on her face? Why is he looking at her?

Abhi could not help but admit she looked very beautiful in traditional. He has seen her in a kurti before but now she was looking divine. How can someone be so simple yet beautiful? Yellow suits her, he noted. Suddenly she raised her head and looked directly into his eyes. And again she focused on her food. She wished now he will stop staring. But after two minutes she again felt his eyes on her.
Everyone else was talking on random topics but she could not understand a word they were saying.

Abhi was too involved in the conversation but his eyes found hers now and then. When he received his order he came and stood just beside her. She was irritated now. And when again she felt his eyes on her she gave him an irritated look.

"What?" she hissed.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"Is there something on my face? Why are you looking at me every two minutes? " she asked slowly so that no one else hears it. But unknown to her Tanu was watching the exchange very carefully.

"Yes, there is! Your face and cheeks are all very red. What happened? Are you alright?" he asked, gaining everyone's attention.

"What happened, you ok Aaru?" asked Teena. She has started to call her Aaru from the time she came to cook in her flat.

"Ya, you are all red. Do you need water? "asked Dev

Anuj forwarded a bottle filled with water that he always carried with him.

Tanu watched silently. Without uttering a word. She saw Abhi standing there smiling. He was enjoying this.

"I am completely fine. It must be because of the long walk we did," she said slowly.

"We have to go to the fair also. Do you want to return to the hostel room?" Dev asked concerned.

"You guys are going to the fair, we too," said an excited Teena.

This was the last thing she wants now. She cannot be in the same place as Abhi at least for some time. She will go to the hostel directly. She loves going to fairs but it's not the last fair of her life. She'll go any other day.

"I think I will return to the hostel. And you all are not gonna cancel your plan because of me. You guys carry on. I'll go there some other day." she said.

"You sure you don't wanna go to the fair? Like a hundred per cent sure?" Abhi asked throwing his empty plate in the dustbin.

"Yes yes! I am sure. You guys should go now. You'll get late otherwise." she said smiling.

"Ok. Then let's go back. Come" Abhi said pointing in the direction of their campus.

"Excuse me?" she asked bewildered.

"What?" he again asked innocently.

"You all are going to the fair. I'll go myself. No one needs to come with me."

"Yes, they all are going. I don't like fairs anyways. I was not going to go with them."

"Yes, he doesn't like fairs. He just came to eat this. You both can go back together." Teena interrupted

"You don't like fairs? What kind of human are you?" Aaradhya said giving him a weird look.

"I'll tell you while walking back. Now come," he said gesturing her to move ahead like a gentleman.

Why is it always her? She declined to go there because she wanted to avoid him. And now she has to go back with him. Why god why? Why always her? She wanted to cry at her luck. But controlling herself she walked ahead.

They walked in silence for a few minutes and Aaradhya wanted to reach her hostel like this only.

"Are you feeling better now?" Abhi asked, trying his best to suppress his smile.

She gave him a deathly glare instead of smiling.

"Ok sorry!" he said raising his hands in surrender.

Soon they reached the tea stall where they usually had their tea.

"Wanna have tea? My treat," he asked again.

She wanted to decline but the beautiful aroma of tea reached her nostrils. She said nothing but sat on the seat outside it. Abhi smiled and went to bring two cups for them.

"So you like fairs very much, I guess?" asked Abhi carefully choosing the topic to discuss something so that she can feel comfortable.

She smiled. Many of her childhood memories were related to fairs. She enjoyed going there very much.

"I love them. I have been going to every fair I heard of since I was in class fourth. First, my dada ji took me there. I liked the rides too much. I still love them. Why don't you like them?" she asked him.

He was embarrassed to tell her that he was afraid of the rides. What would she think? He could feel his ears becoming red. Whenever he felt embarrassed his ears would become red. Aaradhya noticed his hesitation.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," she said hoping that he would tell her.

"It's nothing. I just don't like them much," he answered.

"Ok let's go!" she said letting that topic go.

When they were about to reach her hostel Abhi looked at her again.

"What?" she asked.

"Yellow really suits you. I never liked it personally before but it looks good on you. And I wanted to say this as soon as I saw you but I thought blood might come out of your cheeks then. Well, bye!" he said, winked and left immediately.

This time her heart did not miss a beat. This time her heartbeat increased so much that she could hear it. She was sure her cheeks would be red than a tomato right now but unknowingly a smile formed on her lips as she entered her hostel.

Unknown to them someone else was watching this exchange very keenly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 399 23
"Watch where you are going, Miss hot chocolate!!!" He growled, his frustration clearly palpable in his voice as the liquid drenched his shoes in an u...
18.7K 434 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
722K 32.6K 53
[Edited • Completed • Revised] When twenty four years old software engineer, Shree Jaisingh is proposed to marry an equally talented, young and fortu...
20.9K 1.9K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...