The dragon kingdom ||httyd||

By zephyrhaddock02

This is my second time writing a runaway story of hiccup Haddock.. In this story let's just say that there is... More

Get to know the characters
My freedom
Meeting with someone
Get to know the princess and the dragon raid
The battle with the red death
Getting some supplies and going to Aldmoor
Meeting with The general Duke
The breakfast talk
spending time with new family
His new name and new place

New Academy and friends

218 6 8
By zephyrhaddock02

.

.

.

.

- A week later , At Minuet Academy-

Hannah Evander clapped her hands to get her students attention for announcement. Her amber-gold eyes shine with excitement. "Attention everyone! Before we start our lesson today. Let me introduce you to your new classmate. Please come in Mr.Ryder."

Everyone watched when a boy with auburn hair and green eyes cam in nervously. He was wearing the standard school uniform and carrying his bag on his left side.

                                  (Ignore the cat plz)

"Class, This is the adopted son of the General Ryder, Lucas"Hannah introduced him happily. "Let's give him a warm welcome and become great friends with him"

"Yes, Miss Evander" All the students happily said.

"Wonderful!" Hannah said before tapping her chin. "Let's see - ah Mr.Ryder, why don't you take the empty seat by Miss Elmer? Mind if you raise your hand, Miss Elmer?"

A young girl about Lucian age raised her hand. She had long dark brown hair that was held up in a ponytail and had snow-blue eyes.

Lucian slowly walked over to the young girl before taking his seat.

"Would you mind telling us a little about yourself, Mr. Ryder?" Hannah asked.

The students turned their heads towards Lucas.

The auburn teen bite his lip before nodding his head and got up from his seat. "Um...let's see, I...um love to draw new inventions. I like to...um explore, and...I have a dragon partner," Lucas replied .

The students gasp before starting to whisper, happily.

Hannah smiled, "I bet you want to follow your adopted father's footsteps onto becoming a General."

Lucas slightly opened his mouth to protest but quickly closed it and nodded his head.

"Then I wouldn't be afraid in the future," Hannah said. She giggled, "You'll become a great General someday, Mr. Ryder. Who knows maybe you'll become a stronger General."

'Highly doubt it,' Lucas thought but nodded his head, slowly.

"Now, shall we review what we've learned last week?" Hannah said as she grabbed a chalk and started writing something on the blackboard. She looked over at Lucas, "Mr. Ryder, if you think you know the answer, don't hesitate to raise your hand, understood?"

Lucas nodded his head before feeling a slight hit onto his arm. He looked over to see the young dark brunette smiling over to him.

"Hello, my name is Iyra. I hope we can become great friends and if you need any help, you can ask me anything."

"Um...thanks," Lucas said.

After an hour, everyone was either outside talking or playing among other teens. Lucas was standing by a window inside the classroom and was looking around. He had to admit but this is completely different than back home.

At Berk, the children had to learn how to survive throughout the winter days and learn mostly about fighting but here in Aldmoor, they learn everything that include numbers, nature and culture.

Lucas was so into his thoughts that he jumped a bit when he felt someone grab hold onto his shoulder. He turned around to see a boy with messy blond hair and have sea green eyes.

"Um...hi?" Lucas said.

"Hey there Ryder, the name's Luis Larson, nice to meet'cha!"

"Um...the same to you Luis," Lucas said, nervously.

"Ah come now, don't be so nervous. And plz call me by my middle name Asher cause thats what my friends calls me," Luis said before grinning. "Hey, did your Father introduce yea to his Elites yet? My Dad is one of them and he's the best."

Lucas shook his head, "No, he has not but I think he did mention that he will introduce me to some people soon."

"Great!" Asher happily said. He placed his arm around Lucian's shoulder, "I hope we become great mates like my old man and yours! Hey maybe in the future, I will be one of your Elites – that would be bloody wicked!"

"I-I...um guess," Lucas said.

Asher grabbed onto Lucas's arm, "Come let me introduce yea to the others."

Lucas didn't have time to say anything when Asher dragged him outside of the classroom. Asher walked over to a tree not too far from the school entrance to see Iyra with two other teens.

"Hey guys! Look who I have dragged along," Asher said happily. He placed his onto Lucian's shoulder, "Lucas, the boy on the right is Aydin Lexington and the girl on the left is Scarlett Walker. You already know Iyra Elmer"

"Greetings Lucas," Aydin said. He had short brown hair and has light blue eyes.

"Hey there Lucas, And plz call me Rose" Scarlett said. She had chestnut brown hair and Black eyes

"Hello Lucas" Iyra said, happily. "You did pretty well for your first day here. You were able to answer a few questions. I'm impressed."

"So did he just move here or something?" Rose asked.

"In a way, yes," Asher said. "My friends, he is the adopted son to General Ryder."

Aydin and Rose had a slight shock on their faces.

"Really?" Aydin said before grinning. "Well that would mean we will be seeing you a lot more. Are yea going to become a General like him? Or do you have something else in mind?"

"I...I um...not sure yet but I wouldn't mind learning how to fight," Lucas answered.

"Then I wish yea luck if General Ryder trains yea," Rose said. She leans over at his face, "Though I would imagine that General Ryder is a strict parent, is he?"

"What – N-No! He's not strict at all!" Lucas said. He smiles a bit, "H-He's quite funny and kind to me and to my dragon but then again he too has a dragon partner as well."

"Mm never would have imagine General – wait! Dragon?!" Rose said in shock. "You too have a dragon partner as well?!"

Lucas had a confuse look on his face but nodded.

Aydin sighed, "You see lucas all of us minus Iyra here have a dragon partner too."

Lucas widened his eyes, "Y-You – all of you have dragon?!"

"They sure do," Iyra said. "Rose has a Monstrous Nightmare named Firestorm, Aydin has a Skrill named Thunder and Asher has a Deadly Nadder named Spikeshot"

"How were you guys able to train your dragons?!" Lucas asked.

"Well Thunder sort of found me but tell yea the story later," Aydin said.

"The same with me but Spikeshot is awesome!" Asher said "So what type of spices is your dragon?"

Lucas bite his lip but just as he was about to reply, there was a loud ringing sound. The auburn teen winced a bit before rubbing his ears.

"Damn, I guess I have to find out later," Asher said. "Come on Lucian and Iyra, or we will be late for Literature."

"See you two later then," Iyra said softly.

Rose and Aydin nodded before walking away from them.

"Where are they going?" Lucas asked as he followed Asher and Iyra to their classroom.

"They are a year older than us so they go to an upper class," Iyra replied . She tapped her chin, "Hey Asher, did Damien say to you that he will be absent today?"

Asher nodded, "Sure did and ask if I can get these week's assignments for him. I will be going to his place to give him the work. Hey Lucian, want to tag along with me to Damien's place?"

"Um...s-sure but let me ask my Dad if I can," Lucas said.

"Great," Asher said happily. "If Aydin and Rose can come along as well then maybe we can show you around. Our favorite place is this riverbank that is not too far where you live."

"You...You don't say," Lucian murmured  before getting an idea. "I...I can ask my Dad if we can use one of his cottages. Maybe one of them is close by to that riverbank."

"That would be wicked! Thanks a bunch Lucas!" Asher said. "You think you would be able to hang out this time Iyra?"

"...properly not," Iyra murmured before offering a smile. "But let me go and ask my Father if I can hang out with you all."

"Here's for hoping," Asher said as he crossed his fingers.

After school, Lucas carefully made sure no one was looking and went in the carriage to visit the Palace. King Cassius informed the gate guards about Lucas and Toothless visits.

Lucas used the far end of the entrance gate before going over to the garden and spotted Althea sitting by the large fountain and was reading a book. Right by her was Shade and Toothless, sleeping together.

"Hey, Althea!" Lucas shouted.

Althea looked up from the book before seeing Lucas. She smiles, "Hiccup, you came! So tell me, how was your first day of school?"

Lucas walked over to her before taking a seat at the edge of the fountain while Althea sat next to him. He started telling her his day in school and his new classmates.

"Luis Larson, Aydin Lexington, Scarlett Walker and Iyra Elmer are sons and daughters to some of Victor's Elites," Althea said before smiling. "They are great and you wouldn't have to worry about them making fun of you."

"So you met them before ?" Lucas asked.

"I have but only in balls or parties," Althea replied. She smiled, "But I do know their Father's."

"I will be soon meeting them," Lucas said. "I think later today after our lesson or tomorrow."

Althea made a face, "Sometimes I hate taking these language lessons."

Lucas laughed, "I can maybe understand why but Victor explain to me why I had to learn to speak and read different languages."

"Let me guess, in case that our enemies or future allies are from a different country," Althea said as Lucas nodded. The princess sighs, dramatically, "I know, I know but it's still boring."

Lucas nodded.

The two spend another half an hour before heading inside the palace and into the library. For about two hours, Lucas was beginning to slightly understand on how to speak and read Latin while Althea was having trouble with French.

After spending two hours , Victor then came to take Lucas and toothless to the elite arena to introduce him to his major elites. By the moment he got there , he was already tired and and a little bit hungry. He just hoped that his mom doesn't cook but then again she made big breakfast for him tho.

"Already tired aren't ya? After this, We will head home since it was your first day after all," Victor said while Lucas agreed in a tired mood.

"Ladies and Gentleman , Let me introduce to my adopted son Lucas Dion Hiccup Ryder, my heir." Victor introduced as he place his hand over his right shoulder.

.

.

.

.

~TO BE CONTINUED~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 280 27
What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance, a new Chief...
390K 8.4K 22
Complete!!! Hiccup was always a nuisance to the vikings on Berk. He was viewed as a runt, a shame, and a screw up. That all changed when he became th...
289K 5.8K 21
Hiccup and Toothless left Berk thinking no one cared. Being the neglected child of Berk (despite his family, and being the heir to the village), Hi...
184 1 2
Was going to be a one-shot but I decided to turn it into an actual book. Oh I decided to change Hiccup's age, so when they defeated the Red death...