JUMP STREET'S JUNE BRIDE???

By Cowboy0928

I am just a big fan of the tv show. I don't own any rights to it. This is a story about two police officers... More

CHAPTER 1: SYDNEY'S BAD NIGHT
CHAPTER 2: TOM HANSON
CHAPTER 3: BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS
CHAPTER 4: THE MORNING AFTER
CHAPTER 5: HEARTFELT APOLOGY
CHAPTER 6: GIRL TALK
CHAPTER 7: MATCHMAKER JUDY AND TRUCE
CHAPTER 8: TOM IS F***ED
CHAPTER 9: HOW CAN I FIX THIS
CHAPTER 10: FRIENDS?
CHAPTER 11: YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO ME A FAVOR WOULD YOU?
CHAPTER 12: ALL NIGHT STAKE OUT
CHAPTER 13: BAD DAY
CHAPTER 14: OFFERING COMFORT
CHAPTER 15: YOU GOT A DATE
CHAPTER: 16 COUNT ON ME
CHAPTER 17: REVENGE
CHAPTER 18: PRE WEDDING-BLUES
CHAPTER 19: WEDDING ARRIVAL
CHAPTER 20: WEDDING BOMBSHELL
CHAPTER 21: WE'RE ENGAGED
CHAPTER 22: DARK DAY AND FLASHBACKS
CHAPTER 23: THREATS AND TORTURE
CHAPTER 24: WE ARE NOT ENGAGED
CHAPTER 25: IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
CHAPTER 26: TOM'S BEGGING
CHAPTER 27: JEALOUSY
CHAPTER 29: PARTY CRASHERS
CHAPTER 30: RETALIATION
CHAPTER 31: TOM'S FEELS THE HEAT
CHAPTER 32: DIAMONDS AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 33: SWIM PARTY FOR TWO
CHAPTER 34: TEASING AND EMBARRASSING STORIES
CHAPTER 35: FIREWORKS GOOD AND BAD
CHAPTER 36: FACING THE DAMAGE DONE
CHAPTER 37: BABIES AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 38: BULLIES AND THE BOXER
CHAPTER 39: THE BAD BOY AND THE KNIFE
CHAPTER 40: DOUBLE DATES
CHAPTER 41: FIRE STARTER AND CLOSE CALLS
CHAPTER 42: PROM AND HERO IN A TUX
CHAPTER 43: THE WAITING GAME
CHAPTER 44: A HERO'S REWARD
CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES
CHAPTER 46: WEDDING DRESS DISASTER
CHAPTER 47: TOM'S CHOICE
CHAPTER 48: ROB'S REVENGE
CHAPTER 49: BLINDSIDED
CHAPTER 50: WHAT DID YOU DO?
CHAPTER 51: OVERWHELMED
CHAPTER 52: WEDDING EVE
CHAPTER 53: WEDDING DAY
CHAPTER 54: THE TRUTH COMES OUT
CHAPTER 55: REST OF MY LIFE
CHAPTER 56: OUR LIFE
CHAPTER 57: THE CAPTAIN'S WIFE
CHAPTER 58: LAST CHAPTER: MY MARIA

CHAPTER 28: MEETING THE FAMILY

21 1 0
By Cowboy0928

Tom called his mom, and she wanted him to bring me home to meet her on Wednesday. Tuesday we are to have dinner with my dad and brother and Allison. I've been nervous all day. Tom tells me to relax.  I told him "How am I supposed to relax. I mean how are you relaxed. My dad is still going to grill us, I felt like I was on the witness stand yesterday with all his questions, and Jay does not believe it, and if he has told Allison that he doesn't believe it, she is going to probably tell Kris. Tom, we have too much riding on this now. Not just my stupid ex friends finding out, but your job is at stake. How can you just sit there and be all calm"?

He said, "Sydney I'm nervous. I need to make your father accept and like me. But I think I can. I mean I do respect you so much, and I care about you so much, and he's got to be able to see that once he gets to know me. And I just hope that I can convince Jay. But worrying and freaking out about it, to the point that it is going to make them think something is up with me, is not going to help. I'm trying to remain calm and not act like I'm freaked out."

Tom was in the spare bedroom getting dressed. He wasn't sure what to wear. He wanted to look nice. I told him he didn't need to dress up. But he wanted to, so he picked out a brown suit. I told him he looked very handsome, but we have to go, so that we aren't late. My father hates people who are late.

We go in my car.  We go in. My dad gets up to hug me, and kiss my cheek, and then shakes Tom's hand.  He said, "your brother will be here shortly, Allison had one of her many emergencies."  I laughed.

My dad asked me about work. Said that he talked to Joe and that he has questions now for Tom. He heard that Tom is going to be promoted to captain. Does that have anything to do with this engagement? I felt like I could faint. I mean of course now my dad is going to figure it all out.

Tom looked at me. Tom said, "no sir. I mean I am in love with your daughter. I would rather have your daughter than any job. And I told her that I would turn the job down, just because I don't want her thinking that is" I said, "Daddy Tom is the best one for the job. He is the best leader. I mean he is in charge with our boss is gone, and he works so hard, he works every day 7 days a week, goes in on the weekends, to prepare, and it's so much better to work cases with him, because he does research and we are so much more prepared, with all his hard work."

Jay came with Allison. Jay hugged me and shook Tom's hand.  Allison gave me a hug and said hi to Tom.

My dad said, "Tom can I get you a drink" Tom said, "uh just water is fine sir."  I said, "I can get it."  Jay said, "aw come on now Hanson we know you like the beer."  I looked at Jay. So did my dad. And Tom.

Tom said, "yeah I do drink beer, but not all the time, usually just when I'm out, like at a bar."

My dad jumped on that.  You go to bars often?  Do you take my daughter? What kind of bars? How much do you have to drink? What do you do if women come up to you and want to go home with you, or flirt with you? God I feel sick. I mean Tom is the one facing all the questions, but I feel like I'm on the witness stand. I think Tom feels the heat, as he keeps looking at me.

Tom said, "I don't go out often, I work hard, and by the time I get off out of  school, then back to the station to do reports, or research, I'm beat, and I have to get up early, I have a schedule I stick too, eat, lift weights, work out, and then go to bed early, so I can get up at 5 am. We have a once a week thing that we all do, and Sydney goes to at a local bar, that is a small bar, and we play pool, I'll have a few beers there, and then I do have beers at home that I have on the weekends when I'm working on research, but I don't get drunk, and I turn down girls who want to flirt with me, and turn down any hookups. I assure you sir; I am fine giving up sex. I don't want to have a meaningless empty hookup, when I know that after I'm married, Sydney and I won't just have sex, but make love, and have a once in a lifetime connection. She's it for me. I never want to feel empty or alone again."

My dad said, "where do you work out?"  Tom said, "just at home. I have weights and do sit ups and push-ups."

Jay said, "Did you play sports in school?"  Tom said, "yes football wrestling. I ran track as well."

My dad said, "we do have beer if you want one."  Tom said, "I mean I can if you want me to, but I usually have water for dinner." I said, "you guys stop. Tom is a good guy, I wouldn't be with him, if he wasn't."

My dad said, "we will be the judge of that honey. You were deeply hurt, and I'm afraid that this is a rebound."  I said, "it's not. Tom and I have this special connection I mean I feel like I've known him for years it's so easy to talk to him."

Tom said, "I feel the same. Actually, from the first minute we met. It felt like we have been friends for a long time. I've told her things that I've never told anyone else in my life."  

My dad said, "details about Rob and what he did to stab you in the back, when you were friends."

Tom said, "yes sir."

My dad said, "I understand you would hate him for what he did, but you understand I have to ask you, does that play a part in your interest in marrying my daughter? I mean to stick it to Rob. To hurt him, or to pay him back. Take what was his?"

Tom looked at me.  He said, "while I do hate him, it happened 8 years ago, and I assure you sir, that I do not care about my ex-girlfriend, as far as I'm concerned, she doesn't exist, I don't hate her, nor do I care anything about her, and she could be married to Rob it wouldn't matter. With that said, I will always hate Rob, but I have to say after Sydney told me all about what he did, her walking in on him, and then him saying it was a onetime thing, and begging her to take him back, and then while it was actually 8 months, I'd say that I hate him even more now, for him hurting her. And I'm not taking what is his, because Sydney is not his, she stopped being his the day she kicked him out of her life."

I have to say I'm impressed with Tom's answers. I mean he is definitely cool under pressure. If he's scared, he's not letting my dad know.

My dad said, "tell me about your father? What does he think of you getting married?"

Tom had tears in his eyes.  I said, "Dad stop. His father is passed."  Tom said, "Syd it's ok"

My dad said, "I am sorry. I didn't know."

Tom said, "it's fine. My dad was a cop, best cop I've ever seen, and the reason why I wanted to be a cop. He was killed when I was 16, on the job."  Tom looked down.

My dad said, "I'm sorry for your loss. Your dad was definitely a hero, and I'm sure he is very proud of you following in his footsteps."  Tom said, 'Thank you." What does your mother think about Sydney and this quick engagement."

Tom said, "My mom is excited to meet Sydney. I've told her a lot about her, ever since Sydney started, and we are going to see my mom tomorrow night. She doesn't know yet about the engagement, I'll tell her tomorrow. But she is very happy that I have Sydney in my life."

My dad said, "your engagement tell me about when you plan on getting married."  Tom said, "I'm leaving that up to Sydney. I know we haven't known each other long. And I want to do things the right way, the old-fashioned way, and court her. She deserves to be wooed and courted and romanced. Like I said, I blurted it out because I was wanting to make her feel special, I know she was feeling bad being at the wedding, and then having her old friends there, I don't know why, because Sydney was the most beautiful girl in the room, at least to me, but she feels like she is not, and she feels inferior to all the other girls, and I wanted her to know how I feel about her. I hate that I didn't have a ring ready for her, and I know that was not the place to propose. I needed to do it privately and give her a romantic night."

Jay said, "you do know all about her June dream, I mean right, since you are so close and bonded."  Tom looked at me.  Dammit how could I not tell Tom about that.

Tom looked at Jay.  Jay said, "she did tell you, didn't she." I said, "Jay"

My dad got a call, he left the room.  Jay said, "Allison could you get me another drink" She said, "Sure."  She left.

Jay said, "what month is the best month for a wedding" Tom said, "well really whatever month she would want. I'm fine with I mean April or October, September is nice."  Oh shit, he's busted.

Jay said, "Sydney can I see you in the kitchen. Now" I looked at Tom.  He knew he had messed up. He gave me a sorry look.  We left.

Allison came back to the table.  So did my dad.

My dad said, "Tom tell me what you like to do when you are not working?"  Tom said, "like hobbies you mean? I really love to work on cars. I am pretty good at fixing them, any kind of problem, and I usually spend my spare time on the weekends, working on cars for my friends, either the guys on my bowling team or the guys at work."

My dad said, "you trained as a mechanic" Tom said, "no sir, but my dad loved to work on cars, and he started teaching me when I was around 9. I mean I wanted to be like my dad and follow him around, so I was always there, and it's something we shared, so it means a lot to me, and I just like to do it, makes me happy."

He said, "I really hate mechanics. I mean I know they are necessary, but it seems like it's hard to find a good one."  Tom said, "yes sir, I know. I mean I'm lucky as far as my car goes, my car is old, it's my dad's college car. It's my baby, and I take good care of it, It's in pristine condition."

My dad said, "what kind of car is it."  Tom said, "Mustang. Anyway, as you were saying sir, I've had friends get hammered by the mechanics they go to cheat them. I had one guy whose wife they kept fixing it, but they weren't really fixing it, the part was like an old part, they kept putting an old part in, so that it would break down, and she would have to bring it back, charging her each time like 300. When I heard him telling the story at bowling, I asked him what the car was doing, like what sound and I thought I knew what it was, I looked at it, it was a 50-buck fix, and hasn't broken down since."

My dad said, "impressive, I might have you look at my Lexus. I just bought that car a year ago, and already there are problems with it. I mean minor but shouldn't be making the noise." Tom said, "Anytime sir."  He said, "I would reimburse you well."  Tom said, 'No sir, I don't charge my friends, and since you are Sydney's dad, I will pay for the parts. I'd be happy to look at your car."

Jay said, "Sydney there is no way you and Tom are engaged. What is going on? Do you not realize how bad it makes you look to your friends?  Not to mention what it will do to Aunt Jackie when she figures out you're lying."

I said, "Jay we are engaged. I love him. I didn't plan to fall ok. I hate that I did. But he's the hottest. man, I've ever seen. And I feel such a connection."

Jay said, "ok maybe I believe you on that. But he doesn't know about June, your dream for a wedding to be like mom. So not sure I believe this connection you are trying to say."

Allison came and said that dad was wanting us to start dinner.  We came out, and dad's maid was serving the dinner.

We are eating, and Jay said, "dad I'm not sure I buy this connection they have; it seems that Tom does not know about the fact that Sydney has wanted to follow in your footsteps and get married in June. She has wanted to be June bride since she was 5."  I said "Jay."

My dad looked at me. He said, "why would you not tell the man you are engaged to that you want to be a June bride?"

Tom said, "Sir I admit I didn't know about that, because she never shared it with me. But I do have to say that I am pretty impressed with your love story, with how you met your late wife, very romantic, and very special" I smiled.

Jay looked shocked.  My dad said, "thank you."  Tom said, "I am thankful that you did end up having a bitch for a date, if you excuse my language, so that you were at the Ice Cream Palace, when Sydney's mom was there with her friend, because of him hurting her by not telling her about that girl flirting and staying the night at his house.

I am dying. I want to scream yes so bad at Jay. Tom just bested my brother. I love it.

Tom said, "I mean it was fate that you two met, and if you would not have met, I would not have your beautiful daughter in love with me and agreeing to make me the luckiest and happiest man in the world by marrying me."

Ha, ha, ha Tom played that perfectly. Jay is quiet and shocked, and my dad is impressed.

My dad said, "thank you for saying that. That was the best night of my life. When I looked at my beautiful wife, she was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and I do agree it was fate."  Tom said, "your wife must have really loved you a lot, to give up the starring role in that movie. I mean that movie became a big hit, and was actually my dad's favorite, he loved the lead actor in that."

My dad said, "yes I hated that she gave it up, and I tried to assure her that I would wait for her, she could go film the movie, although I admit, I was scared to death if she left for LA, she would meet some movie star, famous celeb, and forget about me. But she was very stubborn, and I could not talk her into going."

My dad said, "Sydney why didn't you tell me that your man has a Mustang and is a mechanic."  I said, "I didn't think of it."  Tom said, "I told your dad I would work on his Lexus."  Jay said, "Are you a licensed mechanic" Tom said, "no, but I have worked on cars since I was 9, with my dad, and he could fix anything wrong, and he just taught me it all."

I said, "Tommy is going to start taking care of my baby" Tom smiled.  Tom said, "Sir, if you don't mind me asking, what is your car doing, I mean a year old it should not be making any noises." My dad said, "yes exactly, and I took it to the dealer, and they said it was nothing, just sometimes cars make little noises."  Tom said, "well they shouldn't especially not high dollar cars, and that new. I can take a look at it, I mean it could just be that a belt need tightened. But it's good to check, because if it's loose, it can actually break a part off."  My dad said, "let me know what day you can come."  Tom said, "I can tonight unless your daughter has plans and needs to go."  I said "no" my dad said, "thank you, I insist on paying for your time and labor" Tom said, "No sir. I can't charge you, that would be like charging Sydney."

My dad said, "So tell me about cases, I hope that my daughter is safe at Jump Street. I mean I know the risks and that she is a cop, and I know she's a lot safer at your station than her old one, but still I worry."

Tom said, "yes sir I am sure you do. And I assure you that not only me, but the other 3 guys, do everything we can to keep Sydney and Judy safe. I know it makes your daughter mad, that I am worried about her safety, in fact we argued about it today." I gave Tom a look. I said, "Tom, I know you worry, but I am a cop, just like you, I went to the police academy, just like you, and I aced it, and I got top in my class., just like you. So, I am not going to be ok, with just sitting there at my desk, answering the phone, and only taking cases where our suspects are like 10 years old. I am a cop, and I deserve to be treated like one, and be on cases just like you guys. Same with Judy. while I know that you are bigger and stronger than me, I still can take care of myself, and I thank you guys for protecting us, and being there so that we are safe."

Tom said, 'yes ma'am. See I made your daughter mad again" The guys all laughed.  Jay said, "join the club, we have had this argument with her since she signed up for the Police Academy."

Tom said, "I can understand you being worried, I'm worried, but I will keep her safe, I stick to her like glue. In fact, sir, I was hoping to ask your permission on something."  I looked at Tom.  My dad said, "Ask."

Tom said, 'I respect you as Sydney's father, and I want you to know where I stand at all times, and I would like to ask you for permission, if I could stay at your daughter's house in the spare bedroom, or in the game room on the couch. I am a little concerned for Sydney being alone in that house. I know there is state of the art security, and I was telling her about some new stuff that I saw in a magazine that just came out, with these strobe lights that come on and then an alarm like a cop car, sounds if the motion sensor is triggered. But I just am a little concerned, since your little girl will not tell me the names of her old unit, and the more I think about it, the more I worry that they may try and drive by her house, still bully her. I mean she won't even tell me what they did to her to harass or bully her. She's worried about me getting in trouble for kicking their ass, and I assured her I would go in a disguise and follow them. I won't get in trouble. And I promise you Sydney I will find out who they are. and I will pay them a visit."

My dad said, "I thank you for respecting me enough to ask, but it's her house, and she can have who she wants. But I would feel safer if you did stay there. In the guest room of course. And I want those names too Sydney."  Jay said, "So do I."  I said, "no you guys. Why can't you drop it?"  Tom said, "Because number one they should not have treated you or scared you, number two I have to make sure they aren't a threat to you."  I said, "I don't want you fighting Tom, I don't want Jay fighting. And yes I would feel safer if you stay with me,"

My dad asked Tom about his Mustang. Told him that Mustang was his first car. He saved up all thru high school to buy that car. Broke his heart when it was in a wreck, and it was totaled. Tom made a face. He said, "oh I'm sorry." My dad told him the story. Tom was like "sir I can't even imagine, so he like was on his phone, and just ran a red light and then hit you, totaled your car. I hope they threw the book at him. I hate inattentive drivers, who like don't even care that they are being so reckless and dangerous."

That got my dad started on the guy who hit my dad, and ended up getting no ticket from the cops, and then Tom couldn't believe it, and my dad told him he had money bought his way out of it, that's why I decided I would work hard to make sure that I could be a lawyer and stop guys like that.  Which led to the fact that my dad ended up putting that guy away because he was a drug dealer and had hurt one of my dad's clients, and Tom loved that story because my dad got the last laugh.

My dad said, "Sydney if you don't mind, if I steal your fiancé, so I can look at his Mustang."  I laughed and said "no" Jay went too.

I do believe Tom has won the night. I should have realized the Mustang and mechanic would do it, I have been so shocked about all of this, the engagement, Tom's job, I didn't even think.

I talked to Allison. She said, "ok details is he good in bed? I mean he looks like he is" I said, "Allison I'm not going to discuss our sex life with you. I'm going to go join the men" I left and went outside.  I know I was blushing, and I know the answer to that yes Tom would be good in bed, makes me sad I will never find out.

They were at my dad's Lexus, and Tom said he knew what the problem was he thinks, he could run to the parts store really quick, they close at 9 but he has a buddy that works there, and he stocks shelves until 11 and would let Tom in.  My dad said if he wanted to, but he could wait.  Tom said, "Sydney is it a problem if we go really quick?"  I said, "no of course not. Can I go with you?"  He said, "Sure you will need to drive me remember. I don't dare drive your car. I'd be too afraid."  We laugh.

We leave.  I am laughing. I said, "Tom wow you are good. You won the night and bested my brother. I wanted to laugh so hard."  He laughed.  He said, "you think I did ok. Man, your dad scares the shit out of me. I mean I feel like I'm on trial and getting the death penalty"  I laughed. So did he.  I said "really he scares you, you wouldn't know it. You are cool under pressure."

Tom said, "Thanks, but yeah he scares me. I can see why he wins all his cases."  I said, "I'm sorry I should have thought about Mustang and mechanic skills, to help you with him, I'm just kind of still shocked and mind blown that we are pretending to be engaged, I mean we went to a wedding, and left engaged, then we were going to tell my dad we weren't then we changed, and we are."  He said, "it's ok, I'm glad your dad likes Mustangs" I said, "you scored big points with him Tom, not only for the mechanics, and Mustang, but your come back about him meeting my mom" He said, "Well I did really love that story."

I said, "very smart at asking my dad if you can stay at my house."  He said, "Well I just didn't want you having to push me out the door at 6 am, I mean I barely got out of the drive, before he turned into it. I don't want that happening."  I laughed. 

Tom told me where to go, and then he took me inside, and introduced me to the guy. And Tom got the part. We left.

I said, "So Hanson, since we are engaged, does that mean I finally get an invite."  He said, "an invite?"  I said, "To watch you bowl" He smiled.  He said "yes of course. I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd be interested in watching bowling, since you don't bowl."  I said, "Actually you could score points with Jay. Jay loves to bowl."   Tom said, "good idea. I mean maybe I could ask him if he would want to go bowl some afternoon. " I said, "yeah I'm sure he would love it."

Tom said, "Would you come with us" I said, "yes" He said, "I could teach you" I said, "maybe I mean I'd like to learn since you love to bowl, I just always get the gutter ball, and I hate people laughing at me."  He said, "I won't laugh, too hard."  I laughed.  He said, "I'm teasing. I won't laugh."

We went back. I sat on my hood, while Tom worked on my dad's car.  It didn't take him too long, and then he asked my dad to try it, and told him to be sure if he would go for a short drive. So my dad did, and the sound was gone.  My dad was impressed and tried to pay, but Tom wouldn't let him.

Tom said "Jay your sister told me you bowl, if you ever want to bowl some afternoon on the weekend, I'd love to. I love to bowl" Jay said, "Sure I'd love that. I don't really have any friends who like to bowl, and Allison thinks it's boring" I said, "Dude she thinks everything that you like to do is boring."  He gave me a look.  I said, "I know but you love her. and she loves you."

 I said, "Daddy I'm sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to drag Tom away for tonight, we have work tomorrow morning. early" He said, "I know honey I'm sorry."  I said, "not a problem. I love you."  I hugged him then Jay.  My dad shook Tom's hand and then so did Jay. He thanked Tom again and tried to offer money. Tom refused.  We left.

We got home.  I went to take a hot bath.  Tom then took a shower.

Tom came out to the living room. He had on gray sweatpants, and a gray tee shirt.  He said, "Syd do you think I did ok, really. I want your dad and brother to like me for real, forget the job offer. I mean they are important to you, and I would not want them to hate me and try and talk you out of being friends."  I said, "you did great."

He said, "Why didn't you tell me about your dream about being married in June"  I said,"I don't know. My mom and dad got married in June. I always wanted to be like her, have my own prince, get married the same month as her. I mean when she died Tom, it made me want it even more. I gave up after Rob, I mean gave up that dream. I guess it hurt to talk about, so I didn't. I' m sorry I messed up, because Jay that is a red flag. But you did good then telling I told you that love story."

Wednesday, we were going to Tom's moms. I was so nervous, that at lunch I had Judy go with me to the mall, to try and find something to wear.  Tom told me not to worry I could wear anything. He was not dressing up. I told Judy I was so nervous, and she told me not to be. his mom was really nice and she would love me. 

We left work early. I was in getting ready. Tom came and knocked on the door.  He said, "Sydney we really need to go."  I told him, "Tom I don't know what to wear."  Tom laughed.  He said, "Um you've been in here since 3 honey" I said," Tom."  He said, "Syd relax, you look beautiful in anything you wear. You could just wear jeans like me"  I said, "no Tom, I want your mom to like me."  He said "She will love you. How could she not? Please don't worry" I said, "What if she hates me, she will tell you to not be my partner" Tom said, "First off I'm 24 almost 25 my mom can't tell me who I can be with or who can be my partner, second she will love you, it would be impossible to hate you."

I said, "She probably will think I'm trying to trap you."  He laughed.  He said, "no she won't. And no you aren't."

I said, "Tom can you tell her we are not having, nor have we had sex" Tom smiled.  He said, '"yes I will tell her, but she doesn't ask about my sex life."  I said, "Do you think then if you tell her we aren't she is going to think you are lying and we are."  Tom laughed. He said, "No why would she think that."  I said, "you just said that."  Tom said, "No honey I didn't" I love it when he calls me honey. I blush.

I said, 'Tom" He said, "I said that she doesn't ask me about sex. I'm a grown man."  I said, "But if she doesn't ask you and you volunteer it, wouldn't that be a red flag. Like we are lying" Tom laughed.  He said, "right so then let's not say anything about it. It's not her business if we are having sex." I said, "Right and you are going to tell her we are not really engaged."  Tom said "Right. I told her about the job promotion. She is thrilled. Said my dad would be so proud."

I was so nervous, I was having trouble breathing.

Tom pulled up to the house.  He said, 'Sydney relax. She will love you."  I said, 'I'm sorry. I just don't have too much experience meeting a man's mom. I mean not that we are real. But Rob's mom didn't like me. Especially when we first met. She was disappointed. Because I was not in any women's clubs or women's society crap"

Tom said, "his mom was always a bitch, snobby, kind of stuck up. She didn't like any girl Rob dated. But I'm sorry she made you feel bad. My mom won't. She will love you."

Tom put his arm around me, and took me in. Introduced me to his mom. I was caught off guard.

He said, "hi Mom, this is Sydney" And I expect her to hug Tom, but she grabbed me and hugged me. Left Tom standing at the door.  Tom laughed.  He said, "and you were worried."

She said, "Sydney I am so excited to meet you. You have no idea. Come with me honey."  She took me to the couch.  Left Tom standing there.

She said, "I can't tell you how excited I was when I heard that Tom has found someone, I have to tell you I've worried about him being alone, and lonely, and only having hookups, casual sex, not only is it not good health wise, I mean he could get a disease."  Tom said "Mom come on please."

She said, "Thomas it's true."  He turned red. He said, "mom do I get a hug or" She said, "of course."  She hugged him. I laughed.

She said, "Tom told me that the night you met, he made you mad and was rude and hurt you, and then was so sad that he would not see you again" Tom turned red.  I was shocked his mom knew that.  She said, "Then the next morning he was shocked but so happy to see you that you were the new partner, but that he messed up and forgot you in the rain and you got so sick. He felt so horrible about that Sydney. He called and told me all about it that night. I told him to let you calm down, and you would see he was sincere."

She took my hand she said, 'Thomas just when do you plan on getting her ring"  Tom looked at me.  She said,"I can't tell you how excited I am that you and Tom are getting married. I hope that if I wouldn't be too much trouble, I could tag along with you when you get your dress. I mean I hope that won't upset you. I know that you lost your mother, and I'm not trying to take her place, I just I gave up hoping that Tommy would bring home a nice good girl and get married, and I always wanted a daughter but we could not have another child, and so I hoped that maybe the girl Tom grew up to marry would let me just watch as she tries on wedding dresses. I would love to help pay for your dress, or flowers, or anything of the wedding. I have money saved up,."

I look at Tom.  Tom looks at me, then said, "mom can you let Sydney breathe please. She just walked in the door, and we haven't set a date. And I'm not trying to rush her, I just wanted her to know that I love her and want a commitment, since Rob hurt her. I have to first pick out a ring that is worthy of her, and then give her a proper proposal I am not going to pressure her to set a date, so please if you could back off."  She said, "yes I'm so sorry. Sydney forgive me."  I said, "It's fine."  

Well apparently, Tom is not going to tell her. I mean now what do I do. I mean Tom is avoiding looking at me, in fact he left the room and went into his bedroom. Leaving me with his mom. I could strangle him. I don't want to be rude and make her think she can't tag along.

I said, "Mrs. Hanson, of course you can tag along. I understand that Tom is your son, and you have dreams probably about his wedding. I would love any help you could give me and advice about your son. I just worry I mean I don't want to have um relations until, but I worry that Tom might I mean most men get tired of that and so many girls offer" She said, "honey don't you worry about that. My son has not fallen in love like this ever in his life. You know about his ex."  I said, "yes, I can't believe what she did with Rob" She said, "I was best friends with her mom, and her, until I found out what she did, I could not get past it."  Tom had come out.  He said, "great you guys are discussing that."  

I wanted to say serves you right for leaving me here with your mom.

She said, "Thomas, I hope you are ok with what I did. I mean I don't think you would be upset, I guess I hope that Sydney is ok with what I did."  Tom said, "What did you do?"

She said, "I went into Beth's floral shop and told her and Jenn that you are engaged and getting married to the love of your life. " Tom said, "it's fine with me. I don't give a damn about her one way or the other.  She said, " Also, that you have never been in love like this, and that you said that Sydney is one in a million, and you knew it the minute you sat by her at the bar, that you have never seen anyone as beautiful, or anyone like her."

I looked at Tom.  He turned red.  Did Tom tell his mom all that, I mean he must have, maybe just when he talked to her last night probably. But she did call and ask him about the wedding. And knew it was a date.

I said, "Mrs. Hanson" She said, "Honey please call me Margaret."  I said, "Thank you ma'am. I am just curious, when did Tommy tell you all about our first meeting."  I looked at Tom. Putting him on the hot seat, I can see by his face.

She said, "I talked to him that Friday your first day of work, he came over to fix something for me, and he told me everything. How he hurt you, made you cry, how he felt bad the minute it left his mouth, how beautiful you were."  Tom turned totally red.  He left to go to his room again.

I was shocked. Is Judy, right? Is Tom really falling for me?  I mean his mom thinks he is.

Tom came back. His mom said dinner was almost ready. Excuse her.  Tom sat by me but wasn't talking.  I laughed.  He smiled. He said, "and you thought she wouldn't like you."

We ate. It was delicious. She told me that she heard I was a great cook and had cooked for Tom, Did I think he was too thin like she did? I told her yes I did.

She showed me pictures after dinner. Tom was embarrassed and left the room again. I laughed.

She told me that she was so happy that Tom had me, that he has been so alone, and felt alone, and that she could tell Tom is at peace and happy when she talks to him on the phone, and it's because of me. She thanked me for loving her son.

I felt so horrible, but yet also so happy, I mean I do love him. I  tried not to fall, but I love him, and I'm glad that his mom likes me. But when she finds out we are not really engaged.

She brought out pictures of her wedding to Tom's dad. Tom looked at them. She was telling us about their wedding, and how Tom's dad would have loved to be here to see it, share it with Tom, but that he is watching down from heaven on our wedding.

She told me that she hoped that she could help with the traditions of the gifts, and Tom asked what that meant, and she said the something blue, old, new, borrowed.  Tom didn't get it.  She said, "Don't' worry about it son, whatever Sydney needs covered, I have it or will get it, we want good luck for your long marriage."

I looked at Tom.  This is terrible. She's so excited just like I thought. That's why I told Tom he had to tell her that we were not engaged. yet he says nothing. He just sits there, avoiding any eye contact with me.

The night went so fast,  and before we knew it, it was 11.  She said,"I'm sorry I kept you here so long, I really worry about you driving home in the dark, with the deers out, could you stay the night."  Tom said,"Mom it's up to Sydney'  I said,"it's um fine"  She said,"ok you sleep in Tommy's room honey. And it's fine, I know you are not having sex, but even if you were it's fine, you are engaged." She gave me a hug and him a hug and left.

Tom looked at me.  He smiled.  He laughed.  I said, "Shut it Hanson"

He said, "if you follow me, I'll take you to my room."  He led the way.  We went in his room. I could tell it was just as he left it. I looked around.

Tom said, "Sydney if you want I can sleep on the couch, or sleep on the floor in here."  I said, "tom I don't want you to have to sleep on the couch in your own house."  He said, "floor"  I said, "um no i could."

Tom said,"no ma'am. You're in bed. Now it's a big bed. I promise I won't maul you in my sleep. You are safe. But I can take the floor. I"m going to go take a shower. You just let me know."

He left.

He came back. I was sitting on the bed.  I said, "Tom it's fine if you  sleep in the bed with me. I mean like you said it's a big bed. I just um have a um problem"  He said, "no you don't"

He went to his dresser, pulled out a shirt, he smirked, he said, "This should come to your knees and be a dress"  He smiled. and threw it at me.

He said, "feel free to take a bath if you want."  I left.

I took shampoo out of my purse.

Tom's view:

Damn Hanson this is going to be one long night. I may have to take another cold shower. The thought of sleeping in the same bed with her was too much for me, I had to go take care of the problem.  And she just had to bring that shampoo. I mean it drives me crazy how good her hair smelled. I didn't even realize that hair smelling so good could make your lower body react. I don't want to scare her or make her uncomfortable.

I'm also feeling like shit. I mean lying to my mom. I had no idea my mom would be so excited about a wedding. No my wedding. I didn't know my  mom cared so much about it. I mean she wants to buy Sydney a wedding dress, give her blue or borrowed or whatever. Never heard of that.

I'm sitting on the bed. I am so damn giddy, you'd think I was 10 and in love for the first time, I can't wait to see her in my shirt. I know it will be so big on her.  

Sydney's view:

I come back in the room.  I'm a little nervous I mean I tried to calm myself down with the shower.  Sharing a bed with Tom. I mean it's a big bed. But his body is so hot, and I'm glad that he has a tee-shirt on. and his jeans. So that I don't see him and drool. I just hope that I don't roll over on him, I mean I have to face the other way. And his smell, he smells so good.

I walk in the room.  Tom smiles, He is checking me out. His eyes go from my face, down my body, then back up and to my face.

He said, "I knew it would be a dress on you." I stood there.  Tom said,"Sydney if you're not comfortable it's ok. But I don't want you to stand by the door all night."  I said,"sorry."  I came over to the bed.  He said "Which side you want."  I said, "it doesn't matter."  He said,"ok lay down, and I'll cover us up."  I got in bed, he pulled the cover over us, and then turned off the light.

He laughed. I said "What Hanson "    He said, "just curious, how did my mom find out we aren't having sex. I am cool with it, either way, but I thought we decided to not bring it up"

I said, "well I had to Tom. You just left me out there with her. I just didn't want her to think that we were. I mean that I was a bad girl trying to trap you."  he laughed.  He said, "you are not a bad girl Sydney. She did  not think that."

I hit his arm.  I said, "Hanson. what happened to my rule."  Tom said, "um I'm following your rule trust me. I got the cold shower to prove it."  I said,"What"  He said,"your no sex rule."  I hit his arm. I said, "Hanson."  He said,"oh not that rule huh"  I said, "wait you took a cold shower or you are joking'  He said,"I'm not joking, it was an ice cold shower."  

I said, "Why"  He said, "um why do you think, I mean why do guys take cold showers."  I hit his arm. I said,"I know why most guys do, if they have to, but I asked why you"  Tom said "Because I'm sharing a bed with a very sexy woman."

I said, "Tom who has the body of a 10 yr old."  Tom said,"Ok don't do that."  He turned on the light.

He said, "First I didn't say that. I never said 10 yr old you keep getting younger on that, and second, I have told you I am sorry, I hate that I wanted to hurt you, and I didn't mean it. I have told you I think you are hot and sexy."

I said,"With no boobs'  Tom said"Trust me baby you have boobs I've seen them, I mean not seen them, but see them in your um shirt, or dress. I saw them that night.

I stared at him, my face blushing. Damn how he gets me.

I said, "my rule you broke, was to tell your mom the truth."  He said,"I know and I planned on it, and now I feel like shit because you're right my mom I guess has dreamed about this, and I am going to hurt her. I hate that."  I said, "I know so why didn't you listen to me"  He said, "Because Sydney I couldn't do it. I mean she grabbed you hugged you took you to the couch and left me standing  there. I'm her son. I saw how excited  she was and I couldn't hurt her."

I said,"I know that but it will be worse Tom, I mean she wants to buy me a dress."  Tom said, "I know Sydney. I'm sorry. I just couldn't tell her. Look I'll talk to her, and tell her that I can't pressure you into marriage, that we have't known each other long, and that we don't want to rush, or set a date, just be engaged. After a year then we will think of something ok.

He turned out the light. He said, "night" I said, "So Hanson you told your mom everything huh about the night we met."  I laughed.  He said,"Shit I knew you were going to bring this up>"  He turned on the light and laughed.

He said, "I was wound up ok. That Friday"  I said,"Tommy I"m taking it since you told her what you did, you meant it,"  Tom nodded.

I said,"that's very sweet of you. All you said about me"  He said " I really felt bad Sydney. I asked my mom for advice because I knew I hurt you and you hated me and I wanted to be friends and work with you."  I said, "She told me you asked her for advice how to fix things with me, that you hoped we could be friends."  tom nodded.

I said"we go from enemies to fake engaged."  He laughed. So did I.

I said "I'm exhausted Hanson"  He said, "me too."  He turned off the light.

Well I'm exhausted, but impossible to sleep. He's snoring.And I'm sitting here reliving what his mom said, how he thought I was unlike any girl in the bar, that I was special, and he knew he was out of my league, and it hurt him, so he hurt my feelings, but was sad that he would not get to see me again, only to see me the next day and he was so happy until he realized I hated him. I then thought about him saying he needed a cold shower, that I was hot and sexy.

I eventually fell asleep. I know this, because I ended up feeling Tom against me.  Oh no. Tom is against me. I have my head on his chest, and am almost on him, and he's got his arm around  my stomach. How did this happen? I was afraid of this, I scooted over to him. Because I've been dreaming of him.

Now I"m in his arms, and he feels so good, he's hard, and his abs are hard, his chest is like a warm pillow. I feel safer than I ever have in  my life, not to mention also what he is doing to my body, taking me there. But I have to  move, I can't let him wake up and find me like this, he will know I scooted over.

I try to slowly remove myself from him, I think I made it, then no his arms pull me back to him, and have me again."

I try again.  Tom laughed.  I said, "Hanson  you're awake"  He said,"yes  sorry. I guess I did mall you."  I said,"no I think I mauled you."  He said,"well it's really early, like 3 am, what do you say we just go back to sleep, stay like we are. It's warm and comfy."  I said, "ok so you are ok I mean um me using you as a pillow"  He said, "yes Syd."  I said "thank you., I've never felt so safe."  He said "Good"

I said "Tom you probably just miss your hookups "  Tom said,"What" I said,"I mean holding them after"  He said, "No Syd. I' usually got up and left right after. I never slept or stay the night."  I said, "oh I  just thought."  He said, "no  sorry I am a jerk"  I said,"no"  He said, "liar you know you thought that sounded like a jerk."  I said, "Well ok but you aren't a jerk to me"  He said,"no "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 20 32
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. It's why I left the small town where I grew up and vowed never to return. I'm no lon...
663 57 19
Two cops-- partners. They see it all: the good, the bad, and the stupid. And their job is not an easy one, when dealing with the public. Not to menti...
6.3K 57 85
Tom Hanson is on his last chance as a cop. His other unit didn't go well. He grew up a loner. Has a lot of baggage from his past. He comes to 21 Ju...
21.7K 552 14
After escaping a bad relationship, Amelia Buckley was left with an overwhelming amount of emotions. She was scared, relieved, and alone all at once...