JUMP STREET'S JUNE BRIDE???

By Cowboy0928

I am just a big fan of the tv show. I don't own any rights to it. This is a story about two police officers... More

CHAPTER 1: SYDNEY'S BAD NIGHT
CHAPTER 2: TOM HANSON
CHAPTER 3: BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS
CHAPTER 4: THE MORNING AFTER
CHAPTER 5: HEARTFELT APOLOGY
CHAPTER 6: GIRL TALK
CHAPTER 7: MATCHMAKER JUDY AND TRUCE
CHAPTER 8: TOM IS F***ED
CHAPTER 9: HOW CAN I FIX THIS
CHAPTER 10: FRIENDS?
CHAPTER 11: YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO ME A FAVOR WOULD YOU?
CHAPTER 12: ALL NIGHT STAKE OUT
CHAPTER 13: BAD DAY
CHAPTER 14: OFFERING COMFORT
CHAPTER 15: YOU GOT A DATE
CHAPTER: 16 COUNT ON ME
CHAPTER 17: REVENGE
CHAPTER 18: PRE WEDDING-BLUES
CHAPTER 19: WEDDING ARRIVAL
CHAPTER 20: WEDDING BOMBSHELL
CHAPTER 21: WE'RE ENGAGED
CHAPTER 22: DARK DAY AND FLASHBACKS
CHAPTER 24: WE ARE NOT ENGAGED
CHAPTER 25: IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
CHAPTER 26: TOM'S BEGGING
CHAPTER 27: JEALOUSY
CHAPTER 28: MEETING THE FAMILY
CHAPTER 29: PARTY CRASHERS
CHAPTER 30: RETALIATION
CHAPTER 31: TOM'S FEELS THE HEAT
CHAPTER 32: DIAMONDS AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 33: SWIM PARTY FOR TWO
CHAPTER 34: TEASING AND EMBARRASSING STORIES
CHAPTER 35: FIREWORKS GOOD AND BAD
CHAPTER 36: FACING THE DAMAGE DONE
CHAPTER 37: BABIES AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 38: BULLIES AND THE BOXER
CHAPTER 39: THE BAD BOY AND THE KNIFE
CHAPTER 40: DOUBLE DATES
CHAPTER 41: FIRE STARTER AND CLOSE CALLS
CHAPTER 42: PROM AND HERO IN A TUX
CHAPTER 43: THE WAITING GAME
CHAPTER 44: A HERO'S REWARD
CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES
CHAPTER 46: WEDDING DRESS DISASTER
CHAPTER 47: TOM'S CHOICE
CHAPTER 48: ROB'S REVENGE
CHAPTER 49: BLINDSIDED
CHAPTER 50: WHAT DID YOU DO?
CHAPTER 51: OVERWHELMED
CHAPTER 52: WEDDING EVE
CHAPTER 53: WEDDING DAY
CHAPTER 54: THE TRUTH COMES OUT
CHAPTER 55: REST OF MY LIFE
CHAPTER 56: OUR LIFE
CHAPTER 57: THE CAPTAIN'S WIFE
CHAPTER 58: LAST CHAPTER: MY MARIA

CHAPTER 23: THREATS AND TORTURE

40 1 9
By Cowboy0928

Tom said "there's nothing to forgive. You didn't know. I'm so sorry Sydney for causing a scene, and embarrassing you, getting drunk, punching him. But I promise you I will fix this I have a plan."

I said, "a plan."

Tom said, "Right, I'll go buy you a beautiful engagement ring, and I'll meet with your father and brother, and ask your dad for your hand, and then I will get on my knees and give you a proper proposal."

I stare at him. Like I'm so shocked I have no words.

I said, "Tom what" He said, "I told everyone we were engaged, so we need to get engaged."

I said, "Engaged Tom no." Tom said "Sydney listen to me. This will work. We can get engaged. And just continue with our life, we are best friends, we work together, we can pretend we are a couple, as far as in front of your family. And we will have a long engagement."

I said, "Tom, I know you were blindsided, and you are in shock, but have you lost your mind."

He said, "um no. What's wrong with us being engaged, and not getting married. I mean some couples have long engagements."

I said, "Right true, but I am not going to be engaged to a man, pretending to be engaged, and then look like a fool, when he goes out and hooks up, and my luck one of my friends would see it, and then everyone would be saying poor pitiful Sydney got cheated on again. Every man she's with cheats on her. I mean Tom you wouldn't be cheating but still it would look like it"

Tom said, "I'm not hooking up. I haven't since before I met you." I said, "you went there to get laid Tom; I heard you talking." He said, "I did, but after I met you, and fought with you, I was too upset about you to, and I turned them down."

I said, "I know that, and I know you are not like Booker who goes out and has sex all the time, but still, you are a single man" He said, "no engaged man." I laughed. So did he.

I said, "Tom be serious please." He said, "I am. I made a mess. I have to fix this. I can't let you be humiliated for my mess. And besides since it's Rob, I don't want him bugging you saying that you made this up because you're hurt. Like that is what that bitch said and it's how it will look. Like you wanted to ruin her wedding, so you lied about being engaged. We have to be engaged Sydney. I have to give you a romantic proposal story to tell your aunt so that your cousin hears it. And all your ex-friends. I will not let you be humiliated because I reacted in anger to Rob."

I said, "What were you thinking at the time, or do you know." tom said "I was pissed at him for being such an asshole to think that you are still in love with him. To think that you cannot move on from him, because he is like the greatest. It pissed me off, that he would not leave you alone, that he's been showing up to your house, that he keeps trying to talk to you, that he got married, and has the nerve to marry your cousin, and then also bug you, and then stare at you, check out your body in that sexy dress, and then lie to you and try and make you dump me, lying to you saying I set you up, that I hunted you down to get revenge on Rob, like he disrespected me fine, but he was disrespecting you by saying that I wouldn't want to be with you for you, it was all about him, and then he would not leave you alone, he was still talking to you like you were his, touching your arm like he had a right to, and then that bitch he married that was the last straw, when she not only had the nerve to ask your dad to walk her down the aisle, but then she makes that f------ speech making it sound like your dad asked her to walk her down the aisle, and then asked your dad to the traditional father daughter dance with you right there, that is such a slap in your face. It pissed me off, and I just wanted to ruin their night, ruin their wedding, and give you the spotlight, let everyone see that you are the winner, the most beautiful girl."

"I'm really sorry Sydney. I should have thought it out better. I wasn't thinking. I just wanted her hurt. I wanted Rob pissed, and I wanted her to see what a jerk Rob is that he still wants you, and that would ruin her night, if we stole her night and everyone was talking about you and your romantic proposal at a wedding. I mean I was thinking that is a romantic proposal that a man is so caught up in romance and love while dancing with a beautiful woman that he proposes marriage to her as they dance by whispering it in her ear."

I said "actually it would be a romantic proposal. And I get it now. And I thank you that you were trying to do all this for me. But Tom you made a big mess." Tom said, "I know that so let me fix it." I said, "Fix it by what being engaged. Long term. Tom no we can't do that."

Tom said "Why" I said "Because Tom, neither of us first of all we are friends only, we are partners, we are not lovers, we are not a couple, and we don't want to be, I mean neither one of us wants to have a relationship a commitment because of the double betrayals we suffered. Neither one of us wants to trust or love again. My aunt is so excited. She wants to help plan my wedding. Your mom is maybe not going to like me, but she will be excited that her only son is going to get married. She might want to help plan the wedding. Tom, we can't just tell them oh we aren't planning a wedding because we are just going to be engaged."

Tom said, "she will love you, and Why can't we tell them that. I mean we haven't known each other long, just a few months, why can't we say that we love each other, and that we want to be engaged and committed, but we want to take our time and get to know each other." I said," Tom ok say we do that, but still, they are going to want to talk marriage plans, I know my aunt, she will say that even if your wedding is a year away or two years away, need to make plans now, buy stuff now, Tom plus I can't lie to people. I'm not a liar. I can't tell my dad and my brother, my aunt, that I'm engaged and getting married when I know that we aren't engaged and we aren't ever getting married, and it's just to cover for your mistake. And what happens if you meet a girl and you fall for her, I will look like a fool since we are fake engaged."

Tom said, "hey I am not going to meet a girl and fall for her, and I will be the one who looks like a fool, when you fall for a guy, and he steals your heart, and you get married for real." I said, "Tom no that won't happen, look we can't do this. Tomorrow your only hope is that I go and I will explain it all to my dad, so that he doesn't torture you and ruin your life." He said, "I doubt your dad is going to murder me since Rob is still alive. I mean I know he hates me but"

I said, "Tom no he won't be violent, but my dad is powerful. He knows senators, celebs, he can ruin your name, he can cause problems for you with your job, he can talk to people in the higher ups and cause problems, get you in trouble with Joe. You could be hounded at work. He will threaten to ruin you. I have to do this. I will tell my dad that I begged you to take me to the wedding, that I had a mental breakdown and was crying all over you, and begged you to be my date, then have been crying all over you all upset about my dad walking her down the aisle, and you lost it and were trying to help me, by touching me being romantic and kissing me, and then I lost it when she asked him to dance with her father daughter dance, and I begged you to let me ruin her wedding by wanting to be engaged. I put you up to it. You did it because you felt sorry for me."

Tom said "Absolutely not. No way in hell I'm letting you tell your dad that." I said, "why not." Tom said, "Because it's not true." I said," yeah most of it is. I mean I didn't ask you to say we were engaged. But I cried all over you more than once, I had breakdowns on you, I'm sure I drove you crazy." He said "No you didn't I wanted to be here for you. And I asked you to let me take you, and you said no. I did this. I am a man, and I will man up with your dad."

I said, "Tom no. I can't let my dad threaten to derail your career. He will threaten to go after you, look up all your old cases, see if he can prosecute you for mistakes. I can't let my dad do that to you" Tom said "Sydney, I can handle it. Let me talk to him. Let me try and explain." I said, "Tom why are you being so stubborn" He said "Because I don't want you humiliated any more than you have been. It was bad enough to have them cheat like that, your friends know don't tell you, then to have to hear they are engaged, and have to attend their wedding, have people stare at you, and have your dad walk her down the aisle to the guy who you thought you would marry, then have them dance like that. Then have me lie and say we were engaged, say that I proposed. Then have them mock you and say that it is a lie and you made it up. I am not going to let that be the way this goes. Sorry I won't do it. "

I said "it's ok. I realize that I don't care what they think. I mean I do but it doesn't matter. I don't need to see them, and I will skip events that they will be at, and if I'm eating out and see any of my old friends, I can leave." Tom said" You shouldn't have to. Not because of me. Why can't we just be engaged. We can play by ear." I said, 'Tom my dad and my brother know me. They know that I have said I'm not ever going to even date again. They both thought I was bringing Ben. I told him that he couldn't come last minute. That you volunteered. Not to mention having to lie. And what about the guys at work and Judy. I mean they would also have to lie. What if my friends are suspicious so they try and find out if we are lying, and they follow us, if we don't act like a couple, if " Tom said "Then we act like a couple. I mean we can tell everyone at work what happened, what I did, why we need to lie" I said "I don't want the guys at work to know about Rob and my cousin. Only Judy and I doubt you want them to know about Rob and Jenn." He said "ok we will come up with another reason like I will leave out that it was your ex's wedding, but just that I got drunk and you were feeling bad at your cousins wedding because she hurt you by asking your dad to walk her down the aisle and it hurt because you had a broken relationship and you didn't think you would ever get to do that. The guys will buy it."

"And as far as if they follow us. I mean we hang out, we are best friends, we work together, we eat out, you were cooking me breakfast, dinner, I stay at your place, you stay at mine. I mean we can do the fake couple We are undercover cops and, in some cases, if it's too dangerous for you we will have to be a fake couple anyway. So why not now."

I said, "Tom It's so late. I'm exhausted. We need to sleep. Then tomorrow I will fix this with my dad. You are not thinking straight." He said, "I am I'm not drunk. And I will fix things with your dad. Look I will tell him that I'm sorry I got drunk, I will tell him that Rob and I are enemies and when I found out the rob who has made you cry and hurt you and been bothering you showing up won't leave you alone, pissed me off so much, that I lost it and was causing a scene, getting drunk. I will tell him you're my best friend, that even though we haven't known each other a long time, there is a deep connection we have so much in common, I respect you. I respect the fact that you don't go have sex, that is fine with me, I will be loyal to you."

Tom said, "let's go to sleep. But please at least let me talk to your dad and we can go from there what we do after."  

I got in bed, and Tom took the other bed.  I don't think either of us were really able to sleep even though we were exhausted.  

I said, "Hanson" He said, "yeah" I said, "What a hell of a day huh. I mean I don't think either of us when we got up this morning, thought that we would have a day like this. And I feel so bad, you were hit with this, blindsided. I'm so sorry."  Tom said, "it's not your fault."  I said, "yeah it is, you probably wish I never came to Jump Street huh. Then you would not have had me crying all over you, and you being nice took me to this wedding, only to come face to face with your worst nightmare."  

Tom said, "Sydney no don't say that. I am so happy that you are at Jump Street.  I feel so close to you. And even though I had to relive my past, and that horrible night, worst night of my life, I am glad that you let me be your date for this wedding. And you know what I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  Kind of at peace in a weird way. Like it means a lot that I could tell you all of that. I wanted to so many times" I said, "you did?"  Tom said, "yes, when you were crying about walking in on them."   I said, "thank you for trusting me, that means so much."

I laughed.  Tom said, "what?"  I said, "oh even though it will be humiliating when people find out I'm not getting married, it was still so funny that she cried, and the look on her face, like she was saying I just had to ruin her wedding."  We laughed.

I said, "Hanson" He said, "yeah" I said, "Also thank you so much for what you did for me at the elevator. And all the times."  He said, " Sydney I should be thanking you for letting me kiss you."  I said, "I just hate how those girls can see that I have a date, and then just walk up and start hitting on you trying to get your number. It just hurts.'  Tom said, "well I would never give any of them my number."

Tom said, "I'm a little curious, would you have wanted Ben to kiss you"  I said, "no. I mean I was even worried about him taking me. Because I didn't want him to think that I wanted to be with him."  Tom smiled a huge smile.  Then he went to sleep.

It was 7 45 in the morning.  I woke up.  Tom was lying on the floor doing sit-ups.  He had his boxers on and no shirt.  I was watching him.  Trying to not let him know I was awake.  Damn his body is incredible.  His abs.

I had to go to the bathroom so bad but didn't want to get up.  Finally, I got up. Tom said, "Morning. I hope I didn't wake you" I said, "no you didn't."

I said, "shit Tom it's almost 8. We have to get going soon. To be at my dad's house at 9.

He said, "I'm ready, I just have to get dressed."  I said, "no Tom, you have to go home first," He said, "Why?"  I said, "Tom you are in the same clothes, you can't go to my dad's in those clothes. He will think we spent the night together."  Tom smirked.

I hit his arm.  He said, "I'm teasing you. I know you're his little girl, always going to be."  I said, "I hate it, I mean I love him, but he treats me like a child. Like I could go out and have sex if I wanted to, I'm 24 and live on my own" Tom smiled at me.  He said, "Sydney, I think you have to accept that he is always going to want to protect you and so is your brother."

Tom said, "So are you telling me we don't have time to go down to the breakfast buffet?"  I said, "No Tom" He was making a pouty face, but then he laughed.  I went to the bathroom, and then was just going to keep my sweats and tee shirt on.  I went and made both beds.

Tom said, "Um what are you doing?"  I said, "getting ready to leave." He said, "I mean why are you making our beds."  I said, 'Um because" He laughed.  He said, "They have these jobs, that they hire people they call them maids."  I looked at him.  He laughed.  I said, "I know that, but still."  He said, "You do know that they are"  I said, "yes I know they are going to change the sheets anyway. But still I might stay here again and I don't want them saying we left a mess."  He laughed.  I said, "You sound just like my brother. He always gives me a hard time about it."  Tom laughed.

He said, "you ready to go. I'll get your bag, and your dresses."  I said, "You do know that my arms work" He said, "oh I know that baby."  He touched his face.  I laughed. I hit his arm.  I said, "I mean I'm not as strong as you are, but I am able to carry things."  Tom said, "yeah I know that, but I'm carrying them."

We checked out and got his car.  We were in the car, he said, "We got time to go thru a drive thru get a quick bite to eat."  I said, "Depends how fast you can change."  He said, "pretty fast."  He went to McDonalds, and then we went to his house, and he changed into a white shirt, with black vest, and a nice pair of black pants.  

I was sitting on his couch; my dad had already called saying we better show up. I said, "yes daddy I just have to go over and get Tom" He said, "ok"

Tom laughed.  He said, "like we didn't just spend the night together having hot, " his eyes got big and I was burning up, he said, "hot conversation" He laughed.

He said, "So how do I look?"  I said, "Very nice."  I had to stop myself from saying very handsome.

He said, "you sure, I mean I need to look perfect, actually I think I'll go change."  He left.  I said, "Tom come on I don't want to be late"

He came out in a blue suit.  No tie, White shirt.  Blue pants, and a blue sports jacket.  He said, "how's this."  I said, "Very nice."  He said, "Good I mean I need to make a good impression, it's the only time in my life I'm going to ask for the hand of someone's little girl"  I hit his arm.

He said, "What" I said, "Tom we are not going to be doing your plan. We are following my plan" He said, "I don't recall agreeing to do your plan. In fact, I think I said hell no to your plan."  I said, "let's argue about it on the way" Tom said, "I love arguing with you, getting a rise out of you" he winked at me.

We took my car.  I was driving.  Tom was messing with his hair.  Wetting it down with his hand.

Trying to focus on the road and not have a wreck from staring at him instead of looking where I was going. Is a challenge.

I said, "Tom, I thank you for wanting to make me feel special and also to help me ruin her wedding, make her cry, but I can't agree to be fake engaged."  Tom said, "I don't see why not. I mean Syd you and I are so much alike. Both of us deeply betrayed, don't trust to ever be in a relationship, don't ever want to commit, or date, or give ourselves to anyone. We are both alone. So why can't we be alone together, and say we are engaged.  We are best friends, at least you are mine."  I said, "you are becoming mine too."  Tom smiled.  He said, "We work together, we stay at each other's houses. I mean why not."  

I said, "you make all good points, and if it was just to do to Rob and my ex-friends and cousin then that would be ok. But it's not just them. It's your mom. I'm sure I mean come on Tom you said she was planning your wedding to that bitch."  Tom said, "no I said they were thinking how great it would be. She wasn't making actual plans" I said, "Still you are her only child, I'm sure she has dreamed about your wedding" Tom said, "maybe not dreamed, but yeah she's mentioned she wished I would be wanting to settle down, have a wife and kids."  I said, "we can't lie to her, make her get her hopes up, and then boom oh hey we were never engaged, it was a joke to hurt Rob and Kris."

Tom said, "Ok you have a point, but that's why I said we would just say we are taking things slow, but we wanted to show each other since we both have been hurt, that we are committed, so an engagement with no date. May be a year, may be two or three.  Long term engagement. Then she won't get her hopes up like it's really happening."

I said, "Tom I don't want to lie to my aunt, get her excited, and have her thinking about wedding plans and buying me things and even if there was no date, I know she'd start buying things. And I don't want to lie to my dad. Have him think that you are going to marry me when you aren't. No we aren't doing it."

We pull into my dad's long driveway.  I have to put in the security code at the gate.  Tom said, "nice house."  I said, "yes it's beautiful."  We get out and we start walking to the door.

Tom made a pouty face.  He said, "my plan would work."  I said, "Tom no it wouldn't."  He said, "ok fine, but we aren't doing your plan. Just let me take care of this. I will explain it all to your father."  I said, "Tom no I need to protect you."

He said, "Sydney no you don't. I'm a man. I can take care of myself."  I said, "Tom. I don't want my dad being mean to you because of me. You were doing me a favor. he needs to know that."  Tom said, "Sydney trust me. I will take care of this. I am a man. I let you take my manhood from me that night when we met, in front of all those guys at the bar, put up with them laughing and jeering at me, please don't take my manhood from me in front of your brother and your father. Please I beg you. I mean when we work together and are besties and I will probably see them again. Sydney, please trust me enough to do this. Take care of this mess I made. I will explain everything I promise."

I said, "ok fine Tom. I feel bad about the night we met."  He said, "it's ok."

I said, "But I don't want my dad to be mean to you."  He said, "Sydney It's ok. I get he hates me, and I need to fix that. he thinks I disrespected you. I need him to know how special you are to me. Please" I said, "oh you are so stubborn" He said, "me you are the stubborn one in this relationship"  I hit his arm.  He laughed. I said, "Before we go in, we are clear, that we are not doing this fake engagement."  He said, "trust me"

We went inside.  Jay came out of the living room.  He said, "hey sis" I said, "Jay" He hugged me.  He said, "you ok. Last night are you sure."  I said, "Jay stop. I was never in danger."

Tom said, "Jay I apologize for having too many beers. But I want you to know your sister is always safe with me. I would never hurt her and I'm not a rapist. I don't abuse women. I don't hit women. And I don't usually get drunk."

My dad came out of the office.  He said, "Morning sweetie." I said, "Morning daddy" I went and gave him a hug.  He said, "how are you doing this morning?"  I said, "Just great."   He said, "Mary is getting a big breakfast ready for us."  I said, "thanks that sounds great."

My dad looked at Tom.  Tom said, "Sir I wanted to apologize for my behavior."  My dad said, "come in the office with me and Jay."  I started to go.  He said, "Sydney no. You aren't coming"  I said, "Dad you don't understand."  He said, "Sydney this is men only. Now you can go see Mary, or you can go for a walk on the grounds, or to your old room. Or down in the basement, but you are not allowed in this meeting."

He pointed to Tom to follow him.  I said, "But" Tom said, "Hey it's ok. I'm fine."  I said, "Daddy you can't just treat Tom like this. He didn't do anything wrong. You're not being fair. I'm not going to let you treat him bad or threaten him" Tom said, "Sydney I am fine. No matter what. I can handle it. I need you to let me talk to your father, I owe him and your brother the chance to talk to me, and to ask me questions, and to explain my actions, and assure them I'm sorry. I'm fine. Please don't worry about me."  

I said, "Fine I have to leave anyway and go pick up some stuff, but I'm not going to let you do anything to Tom."  I stormed out.

Tom said, "she is one beautiful, but stubborn woman" Jay laughed.  He said, "you're telling me."

They went into the office and sat down.  My dad sat at his desk, and two chairs for Tom and Jay.

Tom said, "Before you start, if I could just say one thing" My dad nodded.

He said, "I want to apologize for my actions, and I can explain, but I wanted to say that your daughter is so special to me, she's one in a million, I knew it from the minute I saw her when we first met, that there is no other girl like her. She is sweet, funny, a hard worker, honest, caring, sensitive, a great partner, and great cop, and the only thing I really hate about her, is that she doesn't see how great and beautiful she is and that she puts herself down constantly."

Jay said, "I agree with all you said. My sister is the best, so I think you can understand why you are here. And why we are worried about her."

Tom said, "yes." I want you to know, I'd never disrespect her or hurt her. She is safe with me. I will always protect her and support her."

My dad said, "thank you for being man enough to apologize. and take accountability for your actions. I will let you explain. After I let you know some things."    Tom said, "yes sir."

I went over to Judy's.

I told her all about the whole evening. How Tom got mad, and said we were engaged. She was shocked. But smiled.  Then how I told him that just humiliated me, so Tom's plan is to fake a long engagement.  She said that could work wouldn't it, we were talking.

Back with my dad and Tom. My dad had told Tom all about how I was his little girl, and he wanted to protect me, and that he failed me with Rob, he approved of Rob and was fooled by Rob's good guy act. Tom told him that yeah it was an act he could have told Sydney that, he and Rob were enemies used to be friends in high school, but Rob was a user, a liar, a cheat. He told them why their relationship ended, and how they hate each other.

My dad said he would not make the same mistake, falling for a nice guy act.

Tom told them that he was an open book. My dad said don't think that I don't have the means to find out everything about you, every secret thing hidden, every mistake you have made, every girl you have slept with. Don't think I don't have people that can watch your every move, know if you are lying to my daughter, going out on her. He also threatened to go after Tom if he hurts me, said that he cannot make decisions for me, but that if he hurts me, he can ruin Tom. He can ruin his name, his finances, and his job and career and leave Tom with nothing.

He said, "is that understood" Tom said, "Yes sir."  He said, "you still want to have anything to do with my daughter."  Tom blurts out. "Yes, sir I love her. I want to marry her."

Tom's view:

Damn Sydney gave me an out. But I didn't listen. She wasn't kidding about her dad being intimidating and powerful. I believe him when he says he will leave me in ruins.  And I could have explained how we are just friends, and I did this to help her, I could explain how she was all upset and that last comment about the dance, hurt her, and she had been crying, and I wanted her tears to stop, and I wanted her to feel special, more special than the bride. I mean if I'm honest that is why I did it. Rob was acting like she was still his, and touching her, and I was wanting to make sure he left her alone, and I wanted her to feel special, and ruin that bitch's day, for hurting Sydney, so I blurted out we were engaged. I knew it would piss Rob off, ruin his wedding night, and hurt his bride. I didn't think about what else it would do.

I could tell him I got carried away trying to help her. That she and I are best friends, partners, but that is it, because neither of us want to date, neither of us want to try again, because we both have been betrayed brutally and have put a wall where our hearts are.

But no that is not what I said. What I said, was yes sir I love her. I want to marry her. I am asking you to please give me your daughter's hand in marriage. I'm sorry that I got carried away last night. I wasn't planning on proposing last night. I was going to wait until Sydney introduced us, and then I was going to ask you for your daughter's hand, and then plan a romantic proposal for her. But sir, she was so hurt, she has been crying on my shoulder because of this I just hate to see her cry, it hurts me deep inside my chest, it's a brutal pain that I just want to make her stop crying."

My dad said, "Wait, she's been crying, I need to know why. I mean I know the wedding was uncomfortable, but she is over Rob right, she said she hates Rob and is glad she is free of him, she is glad she found out who he really is"

Tom said, "yes sir, she hates him, regrets ever being with him, is glad to be free of him, but um uh."  He said, "We are all men here. I'm not a child. Don't treat me like one."  Tom said, "Sorry sir."

He said, "you said my daughter has been crying on you every night I suggest you stop your stuttering, and you tell me why."

Tom said, "um because it hurt her that you were walking that bitch down the aisle. And I'm sorry sir. I get that you raised her, I get she's your niece, but to me, she's nothing but a bitch, who stabbed Sydney in the back, who slept with her man for 8 months lying to her fact, a girl who was like a sister to her, who Sydney supported, would have done anything for. To me that is a bitch. So I mean no disrespect to you as her uncle."

He said, "I told them no, and Sydney told me to do it, that it was the right thing to do."  Jay said, "I told you dad, that is wrong, I told you that it was hurting Sydney. I told you."  Tom said, "Sir, I get that um Sydney lied to you, and trust me, ever since she showed up at my place crying over it, I have tried to talk her into telling you that it was hurting. Or to tell Jay to tell you, that it hurt her deeply to even think about, but then when Kris went even farther, hurting Sydney by that speech and the father daughter dance that was the last straw to me. Sydney was devastated, and she was crying on my shoulder. And I just snapped. I wanted Sydney to know how beautiful and special and rare she is. That she is so classy, and so beautiful most beautiful girl there in that room, and that I wanted her to have something to celebrate, in front of all the people who lied to her and betrayed her, I hate that bitch who hurt her, lied and betrayed her was getting to dance with Sydney's dad, and had this beautiful wedding, and Sydney had to watch it all. I wanted to give her something, and also make that asshole back off. I mean he has gone over to Sydney's house, showing up nonstop, trying to make her admit that she loves him"  

My dad shouts, "What"   Tom said, "yeah and I have told Sydney to let me know where I can find him so I could get his ass, but she was worried I'd get in trouble for fighting since I'm a cop, so she refused. Then at the wedding he keeps coming over after he married her cousin, his side piece, and he's putting his hands on Sydney, he's trying to get her to leave with him, to go talk alone, and pissing me off, I lost it on him, and I wanted him to leave her alone, and so I asked Sydney while we were dancing I whispered in her ear that I love her and I want to marry her, and that I will get her a ring, and a real proposal, but I have to talk to her dad first". 

My dad said, "are you telling me Rob was touching Sydney last night and trying to get her to leave with him" Tom said, "yes sir. that is why I shouted it."

He said, "dammit I hate that man" Tom said, "your daughter is so stubborn. She drives me insane. I mean she won't let me go after that asshole, and also I need to find out the son of bitches who were her unit and what the hell they did to her. But she won't tell me which ones.  She doesn't know this. Me and my buddies are going to pay them a visit, in disguise, I mean we aren't just going to go walk in as a cop and beat them up. we are going to follow them.  But the problem is she told me a few were not party to it. So, I mean we are at a standstill we can't just beat up all of them, the innocent ones too."

My dad said, "Jay and I were horrified to find out all this. She said she quit, but then let it slip that she was fired, and in more questioning could tell she was hiding something, and she said that she was bullied a little, but she refuses to give names or to say what they did. Or which ones."  Jay said, "yeah I am going to kick their asses, once I find out, so I'm in Hanson. I'll go with you and your friends."  Tom said, "Good thank you."  My dad said, "And don't worry about legal trouble, I will get you out of it."  Tom said, "Thank you."  He said, "I do not approve of this marriage. I'm not saying I won't give you, my blessing. I will. Because if my daughter is happy and you make her happy, and she loves you, then I will approve it. I want her happy. I just don't know you very well, and we will have to get to know each other. You will be my son in law. So, I will bless you in asking her. But you will have to let me get to know you, and know if you hurt her, I will do to you, what she didn't let me do to Rob. She won't be able to stop me." Tom said, "yes sir."

He said, 'now I also want to know if you have had sex with my daughter."  Tom said, "no sir."  He said, "And this is not just a stunt to get in her bed is it."  Tom said, "no sir. I won't have sex with Sydney until we are married. I respect her that much. I know that she is not comfortable with having sex without being married, as she regrets, she slept with Rob. I won't ask her to do it again"

I came in with Judy.  I said, "Dammit Judy they are still in there."  We sit in the living room. I'm nervous worried about Tom.

They come out.  I hurry to Tom.  I said, "Tommy are you ok" I hug him.  He laughs as do my dad and Jay.  Tom said, "I'm fine. I told you not to worry."  Jay said, "Come on Syd you act like you thought dad might murder Tom and hide the body" The 3 guys laugh.  I look at them weird.  Like wow Tom won over my dad and brother. My dad hated him. I wonder how he did it. My dad seems like he is in a good mood. So does Jay.  

My dad greets Judy so does Jay, and then he says let's go eat breakfast, I tell Jay to take Judy.

I said, "hey Tommy."  I grab his arm as he is following them.  He turns and faces. me.

I said, "how did you do that" He said, "Do what?"  I said, "My dad seems happy, I mean he hated you last night."  He said, "I apologized took responsibility for all my mistakes last night and he was impressed by that."  He took my hand and winked at me.

We were eating. And I about choked. I had just taken a bite of my pancakes.

My dad said, "Sydney, I expect you to bring Tom by for dinner at least once a week, or on the weekends. so, we can get to know him" I said, "yes sir."  I give Tom a look.  then my dad said, "And just understand that while I'm happy for you two, I need to get to know him a little bit better, before I give you my blessing, so please do not set a date yet."

I choke.  Tom said, "yes sir, we are not in a hurry to set a date, are we sweetheart."  He winked at me.  I could kill him. Oh my God. What the hell.  

I said, "Tom" Judy is laughing.  She said, "I can't wait for this wedding. My two best friends. You make a beautiful couple" Tom smiled.  He said, "thank you Judy, I think so too, don't you sweetheart."  I looked at him.  Tom laughed.

Judy said, "I hope that since you are both my best friends, that you will let me be in your wedding" Tom said "of course, Sydney was saying she wanted you to be."    Judy said "oh I'm so excited, just think Tom you could do me a big favor, and have Booker be a groomsman. Then I could  walk down the aisle with Booker."  

Tom coughed.  Made a face.  I laughed.  I said, "oh yes that would be perfect.  Definitely Booker has to stand up with you babe. And Judy, I want him paired with you. You will be so beautiful oh babe I just realized."  Tom looked at me.  I said, "I mean since Judy  hopefully will agree to be my maid of honor, since I don't have any girlfriends. Um that means babe you are going to have to have Booker be your best man."

Tom groans.  We laugh.  Judy said, "Right I mean because I have to walk down the aisle with him. I mean it's my chance to walk down that aisle with the hot man of my dreams' Tom said, "I'm going to be sick" We laugh. I said, "yeah Judy, I mean you and Booker would make a great looking couple. Maybe who knows our wedding when Booker sees you, he will get the idea to propose and you will walk down oh my God Hanson we could have a double wedding, with Judy and Booker."

Tom said "um ladies I'm trying to eat this delicious food."  We laugh.  Judy said, "yeah I wish he would get the idea. Hey Hanson since you fell for Sydney the first day you saw her, could you maybe talk to Booker tell him how good it feels to be engaged and settling down. Maybe giving him a push to me."  Tom rolled his eyes.  He said, "hey Hoffs I'll get right on that."  We laugh.

My dad gives me a hug and says he has a golf game. Instructs me to bring Tom by for dinner soon. I look at Tom giving him a you are so dead look. He winks at me.

Jay said, "Sydney I need to see you in the living room, excuse us."  He takes my arm, and hurries me out.  

Tom said, "Judy will you do me a favor?"  She said, "sure" He said, "be my bodyguard and save me. Sydney is going to kill me."  she laughed. so did he.

Jay said, "What is going on. I don't buy that you two are engaged. I mean you were bringing Ben and then last minute Tom comes. And you didn't seem to know that dad was going to say that.. I saw your face, you about choked."

Tom said, "hey Syd sorry to interrupt. Judy needs to go, she just got a call.  She said, "Sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238 12 15
My hands were trembeling around my gun as I slowly stepped closer to the sound of screams. It was my third day as a police officer, and also the firs...
2.8K 18 55
Officer Tom Hanson is 18, soon to be 19, fresh out of Police Academy, and on the force in his home town. He is given an undercover case, and has to...
136 3 11
After witnessing a murder she shouldn't have Morgan finds herself in a downward spiral. She knows it's not right but she can't help the feelings she...
3K 19 43
Sydney Alexander is a police officer. After going through a betrayal, she leaves town, and joins a new unit. She falls for one of her fellow cops...