I Must Stay Within The Tiger'...

By Sweet_Dily

{If you like the Novel 'How To Get My Husband On My Side' it's similar with a little twist and more antagonis... More

Chapter 1: Marriage To A Sageion Man
Chapter 2: Puppet
Chapter 3: Psycho's
Chapter 4: Unwanted Marriage
Chapter 6: Skulled Monster
Chapter 7: Troublesome Wife With A Confession
Chapter 8: The Banquet Of A King And Queen
Chapter 9: A Brotherly Love Song
Chapter 10: The Cliff I Drift
Chapter 11: Soulless Eyes
Chapter 12: Please Ignore
Chapter 13: Punish Me For My Sin
Chapter 14: A Strange Safety
Chapter 15: Lost By Your Trick
Chapter 16: Caught With A Monster Who Saved Me
Chapter 17: Don't Throw Me Away
Chapter 18: A Birthday Disaster
Chapter 19: A Planned Lie
Chapter 20: Ariella V.S Danica
Chapter 21: Suspicion And Drama
Chapter 22: Rupert's Warning
Chapter 23: Blamed
Chapter 24: You Believe Me?
Chapter 25: Bath With My Hubby
Chapter 26: A Vist For The Newly Wed
Chapter 27: Duchess Camilla
Chapter 28: Sierra Has Been Poisoned
Chapter 29: I Have Come To See Ariellia's Side
Chapter 30: Temple Call
Chapter 31: Disappearance Of My Wife
Chapter 32: Only My Fault
Chapter 33: Awakened A Monster
Chapter 34: The Rain Of The Pink Cotton Trees For The Golden Lady
Chapter 35: A Crazy Man That Does Not Abandon His Wife
Chapter 36: A Sea Dragon Who Kidnapped My Wife
Chapter 37: The Sorry I Couldn't Say To You
Chapter 38: A Kiss Under A Romantic Swing
Chapter 39: In This Sweet Embrace
Chapter 40: A Wake-Up Call From The King
Chapter 41: Not Just A Brother-In-Law On A Paper
Chapter 42: A Lesson To Learn Seth
Chapter 43: Congratulations!
Chapter 44: A Difficult Decision
Chapter 45: The Eyes I Saw You With
Chapter 46: A Banquet In Your Name

Chapter 5: Lake Room

377 6 0
By Sweet_Dily

-Inside Dameria's main hall entrance-

After a long boat ride, Yeretzy had finally arrived at the Dameria mansion.

A large one at that, a mansion whose colors consisted of a very dark grey, black, and dark brown.

It was definitely more of a darker atmosphere than her home back in Marabey.

The style was a mix of rustic and somehow dark academia.

She now stood in front of the main hall entrance in a light yellow with a light orange dress as her lilac purple eyes with a hint of candy pink looked straight at the line of ten maids on the left and the right as they stood outside of the long red velvet carpet to welcome her arrival.

In the center of this entrance hall, in the very front of the center stood two important characters of this novel.

The black-haired slick bun maid with dark brown eyes.

A woman old enough to be called a late mother, however, this person was no other than nanny Masha.

A very precious person to Ariella Von Dameria.

A white-haired twenty-three-year-old woman with white twirl curls the length of her waist.

Eyes that were a light grey with the lightest shade of blue just as clear as her brother's.

A face firm and elegant, so beautiful, just like an ice queen with such a serious expression.

"Welcome to the Dameria, residency" (Ariella, said)

A voice filled with elegance greeted her a couple of feet away.

'Wow...she's so beautiful' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

"The servants have already taken your belongings where you would be staying so why don't you accompany me to a meal? You must be hungry." (Ariella, said)

'Turn'

Without a second thought of giving Yeretzy the opportunity to answer, she turned around and started to walk expecting Yeretzy to follow naturally as her nanny Masha sneaked a glare towards Yeretezy.

'Flinch'

Yeretzy flinched at Masha's cold gaze.

After a few seconds, Yeretzy was about to take a step forward when  one of her four-legged nightmares came running toward her.

"Haa" (Luna)

A white big fluffy Samoyed dog came running toward her surpassing Ariella and Masha panting at her running full speed waging her fluffy tall happily.

"Luna?" (Ariella, asked)

Ariella called Luna startled however Luna the Samoyed did not listen as she kept running towards Yeretzy who had frozen at her sight turning pale.

"Haa" (Luna)

Luna was coming closer to Yeretzy.

'No, no, no, don't come any close please!' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

Her face was turning pale as she covered her eyes in fright.

"Haa" (Luna)

Finally, Luna had launched herself toward Yeretzy standing on her back legs as she plalced her front two paws touching Yeretyz's dess.

"Woof" (Luna)

"Woof" (Luna)

Luna barked happily sticking her pink tongue out trying to lick her happily.

"Please move away, please move away" (Yeretzy, said)

Yeretzy's said with chocked up words as she shivered uncontrollably.

"?!" (Ariella and servants)

Everyone became confused and alerted at the sight of Luna only trying to friendly greet Yeretzy, however on the contrary she seemed to dislike the sight of Luna.

And worst of all was Mash who took the opportunity of this advantageous situation as they watched Yeretzy shiver in fright while Luna barked and wagged her tail.

"Miss don't you think it's better to take Luna back, it seems that the new young madam dislikes dogs" (Masha, said)

"I heard a rumor that she hates the sight of dog's fur." (Masha, said)

"A young lady raised in Marabey would hate to get her dress ruined" (Masha, said)

She said as she tried to hide a snicker.

'...' (Ariella)

She looked at the shivering Yeretzy whose actions were begging for Luna to move away.

"Your right, it seems I have been inconsiderate" (Ariella, said)

She said as she called Luna over.

"Luna"  (Ariella, said)

"Woof?" (Luna)

Luna turned her face to look at Ariella from the distance as her ears raised more to listen.

"Come here Luna" (Ariella, said)

"Woof" (Luna)

In an instant, Luna ran towards Ariella stopping in front of her and wagging her tail happily.

"I will dismiss myself first, I will go ahead and take Luna back to her room and Masha shall guide you to the dining table" (Ariella, said)

She signaled to Masha so Yeretzy could see.

"I will head down in a couple of minutes, excuse me" (Ariella, said)

She turned again without looking at Yeretzy calling Luna to follow her.

"Come along Luna" (Ariella, said)

"Woof" (Luna)

Luna barked happily following Ariella.

It wasn't till a couple of minutes had passed that Yeretzy stopped trembling and her ability to think was back again.

Luna had really frightened her, dogs brought a traumatizing scene to her.

"Are you going to stand there or are you going to keep me waiting?" (Masha, asked)

She asked with hostile rude eyes.

"Ah, no I'm sorry" (Yeretzy, said)

She quickly regained her focus and followed her as she passed between the glaring servants.

'I thought I could start with a good impression but I have already ruined it...I didn't know they had a dog' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

"If you didn't want the dog to touch you should have said so, I didn't think the Princess of Marabey had such dislikes like that but after all, you wouldn't like any dog fur to get in your dress?" (Masha, asked)

Masha asked with a mock.

"Giggle, Giggle" (Servants, laughing)

Due to Masha's comment the servant who stood in between them giggled at her.

'Is that what she thinks? Is that what they all think?' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'Do they think I was reacting like this because I didn't want dog fur on my dress?' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

"That Samoyed dog, her name is Luna." (Masha, said)

"She a very precious family dog so I recommend if things like that happen again better be more polite, you wouldn't want the dog to have a better standing than you?" (Masha, asked)

Yeretzy's eyes widen at her comment.

'Did she just call me a?' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'...I probably shouldn't bother telling them I hate dogs, they will hate me more. They are already seeing me as an eyesore...I just hope that's the last time I see the dog' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'I really can't afford for them to think of me as a brothered already...' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

She thought as she tried to hide her frown.

Before she knew it she was already in front of a two-door.

'Creak'

Masha opened the doors to the dining room taking another cold glance back at Yeretzy.

"I suggest you take your place quickly you wouldn't want to burden our miss again?" (Masha, asked)

She asked with a disapproving face as Yeretzy face tried her best to hide her discomfort.

At this point, it was obvious that Masha was being hostile to her along with the other servants who gave her nasty looks.

'They must hate the fact that I am the daughter of the pope, I heard from him and from the novel that the people from the north hated people from the south of Marabey' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

.........

By the time the food was served, Ariella had come back and sat in the principal seat as Yertzey sat on her right thinking of the first impression blown to crisp.

"I heard you had seasickness along the ride?" (Ariella, asked)

She finally opened her mouth in the awkward atmosphere where they had been sitting in silence being watched over by some maid servants standing at the back of the dining table and Masha, was one of them.

"Ah, it's just that it's my first time traveling in boat, it's embarrassing to mention but I haven't gone anywhere than just Marabey." (Yeretzy, said)

She said a little awkwardly trying to fake a smile.

It was sad to think the word burden was already on her mind.

"I see" (Ariella, said)

She said with an expressionless face.

"I haven't been out of Sageion either." (Ariella, said)

She added on without looking at her picking her silver fork and eating a piece of lettuce elegantly.

'Every time I look at her...she's so pretty! How can someone look like that?! It would be a crime for such a beautiful person to die' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'Le't just try our best Yeretzy I don't think she completely hates me yet' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

"Is the food to your liking?" (Ariella, asked)

Ariella turned as she felt Yeretzy's stare.

She asked with her elegant refined voice.

"Huh? Oh yeah no it's fine. It's very delicious." (Yeretzy, said)

"I like it very much. I was just a little nervous" (Yeretzy, said)

She continued to say with a happy face and a cheerful tone.

"I appreciate your concern." (Yeretzy, said)

A wide smile plastered her face.

'I would have thrown it up anyways.' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'Clack'

Ariella put her silver fork down and turned her full attention toward Yeretzy.

"The crocodile-lizard-like monster, Cronox, is much more active during summer so my brother couldn't make it." (Ariella, said)

In an instant Yeretzy's face had turned pale once again but at the second four-legend nightmare.

At the word 'Cronox'.

Ariella who had noticed her expression added on.

"Ah you don't have to worry, you won't be encountering that monster or any my brother and the knights are taking care of it" (Ariella, said)

"They're quite ugly, but you won't have to deal with one" (Ariella, said)

She tried to reassure Yeretzy or at least it looked like she had tried to.

'Ugly? No more like horrific...I don't ever want to encounter one again' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

She tried to hide her trembling hands placed down as she gripped onto the hem of her light yellow with light orange dress.

Ariella who had not noticed her shaking hands continued on.

"He will probably be returning late." (Ariella, said)

'Turn'

Ariella turned to look at the window as she said.

"No, I don't mind. You have been very hospitable" (Yeretzy, said)

'Acutaully, that sounds good to me...I'll be lying if I say I wasn't nervous' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

Her trembling hands had finally eased up as she answered without a bother.

She tried to remain calm before Ariella asked any questions involving that monster.

'Turn'

Ariella turned her attention back to Yeretzy.

'...' (Ariella)

Her eyes had seemed to have scanned Yeretzy before continuing to add on.

"After my mother died I have been in charge of the Dameria residency, now that Mrs. is here if she likes to change anything to your taste please tell." (Ariella, said)

"Or if there is anything making you uncomfortable, you can let any maids know as well." (Ariella, said)

She said as she looked at Yeretzy's full plate and up at her.

'Well...Mrs' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts, said)

"T-Thank you for your consideration but the residency is good the way it is and since I'm not used to Sageions customs, I am worried that I would cause any troubles since I am still not used to them." (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'This will do, right? This is fine I hope' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'I need to be as innocent and harmless as possible' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'I can't take any wrong steps and say any word that would make me look ungrateful or mean...if not I'll be blamed for the poisoning before I could even prevent it' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

"..." (Ariella)

Ariellia remained silent as she stared at her with distrustful eyes for a few seconds before continuing.

"There is no such thing to worry it's understandable besides no one would dare think wrong of the Mrs." (Ariella, said)

'Huh? Did I see wrong or was she looking at me with...' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'No, I must have seen wrong.' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'It's normal for her not to warm up to me yet since nobody likes the no one from Marabey so that just means I need to try my hardest and try to become close so they can like me' (Yeretz's inner thoughts)

She tried to remain hopeful, she wanted to survive after all.

And being in a good relationship with Ariella could save her ill fate.

"W-Well actually I was hoping if perhaps it wouldn't be too rude to ask if you could address me by Yeretzy or maybe by a nickname" (Yeretzy, said)

"It doesn't really matter if you like to call me Yere or Yeretzy it's just that everyone here is still a stanger." (Yeretzy, said)

'I hate Itzy so I won't use it' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

"I hope this doesn't sound rude it's just that it would make me feel a little better if we could be a little more friendly-" (Yeretzy, said)

She said timidly but before she could finish speaking Ariella interrupted her and turned her attention to look straight forward.

"Okay" (Ariella, said)

Somehow her short words and her elegant tone had a glimpse of annoyance.

Her answer had kinda felt as if she didn't want to keep hearing Yeretzy talk.

"..." (Yeretzy)

'I feel like she's annoyed of me somehow...but I can't take the risk of her disliking me or I will definitely be deemed a suspect, don't give up my life and Dillards future is on the line, just keep thinking this on repeat' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

"Really?!" (Yeretzy, asked)

She asked as she played her part covering her mouth happily.

"Yes" (Ariella, said)

She said without turning.

"Thank you. Thank you I feel so relief" (Yeretzy, said)

"Then may I be allowed to address you as Ariella?" (Yeretzy, asked)

However, at Yeretzy's question, it had seemed that Ariella had hesitated.

"Yes" (Ariella, said)

'Am I perhaps making her uncomfortable?' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'Or am I already asking too much?' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

Her hands trembled a little in anxiousness.

"Thank you, I will work very hard to not trouble anyone." (Yeretzy, said)

But Yeretzy did not show her hurtful expression she decided to tone it down instead.

"..." (Ariella)

Ariella remained silent again, after a minute she opened her lips again.

"Then if you are done eating my nanny Masha will guide you to the room you'll be using from now on. I have to take care of the paper works of your arrival." (Ariella, said)

She said without turning to look at her.

'Is it not that she likes me or maybe she must be overwhelmed?' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

Yeretzy thought she saw a glimpse of hope yet.

"Ah, yes then I won't trouble you." (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

She said polittly to her.

........

-Inside Yeretzy's room-

"Wow" (Yeretzy, said)

"Is this really my room?" (Yeretzy, asked)

Yeretzy asked Masha with sparkly eyes.

This room was quite beautiful although it was the same color skim as the whole mansion this room had more of a feminine touch.

In this room, the furniture colors were lighter than the dark grey, black, and dark brown.

The couch was a lighter shade of grey along with her vanity and her light curtains which also had a touch of golden color.

This included picture frames that were displayed with a golden color.

Even though this room was not as big as her room back home the windows made up for the lost space.

It had large tall windows with golden borders separating the small glass square windows along with the ones of the two glass balcony doors.

She walked into the room excitedly as she scanned the room with her lilac eyes with a tint of candy pink while Marsha moved forward at a faster speed ignoring her.

Masha could care less ignoring her question, instead, she opened the two balcony doors and enter the outside balcony as she said.

"This is where you'll stay" (Masha, said)

She had already entered the outside balcony and stopped at the end of the balcony looking to her right in the distance while waiting for Yeretzy to follow her behind.

"And this here.." (Masha, said)

The corner of her lips rose as she looked to the right in the direction of a silver-structured bridge and a long lake stream.

'...' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

Yeretzy who had stopped at the end of the balcony turned her head to look to her right.

At this point, she was really trying not to show her extreme discomfort.

It was clear what view she had received and what this bridge represented.

How could she not know, it was the silver bridge the former duchess had drowned herself and taken her own life.

"You can see the lake very well, especially from this room." (Masha, said)

Masha was making it clear why Yeretzy had received that room.

If it wasn't obvious enough, she continued on as her side smile smirk raised up higher.

"Marabey has an ocean so this lake serves as a reminder, for you unless you dislike it?" (Marta, asked)

She pretend to throw that as an excuse as she asked that question to her.

It  sounded more like a mock than  consideration to her.

'She really doesn't even try to his her hostility with me...'(Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

Masha who had noticed that Yeretzy was starting to show discomfort in her face added on.

"If this room does not suit you I will have to notify it to the miss that you didn't like it-" (Masha, said)

She was pretending to be sympathetic and a carrying maid to help her if she did not like an arrangement but her words were definitely under and intention that Yeretzy had complained about the sleeping arrangements.

"No, it's very nice. I like it." (Yeretzy, said)

"There's no need for such a trouble, it's perfect." (Yeretzy, said)

She said as she tried to fake her smile hiding her discomfort.

'I can't keep getting on their bad side' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'If Ariella gets word they'll definitely think I'm a spoiled inconsiderate princess who rejected the room they prepared me' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

"I see then, I should probably rest in your room, make sure to get a good view of the scenery before the sun rises" (Masha, said)

And with those ugly words, she left slamming the door.

"Ha, what a hectic day" (Yeretzy, said)

Yeretzy watched her leave slamming the door then turned her attention to the silver bridge.

'...' (Yeretzy)

'Turn'

She turned away from the silver bridge and headed inside her room closing  the balcony doors.

'Clack'

Doors closing.

"I just arrived and they already hate me... maybe I'm just tired" (Yeretzy, said)

She looked down at the floor with a bittersweet expression.

'My stomach still feels a mess from the boat ride and I haven't thrown up my food yet' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

She looked up and turned her face to look at the restroom door before heading there.

She threw up all the food she had eaten.

Not like she ate much at all.

Finishing off she headed back inside the room  deciding to take a small nap to relieve her exhaustion.

........

"Acho" (Yeretzy)

Yeretzy sneezed as she had finally woken up from her long nap.

She found herself in a dark room.

'I must have slept long...it's already night' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

She looked at the large windows whose sky had already turned dark.

"Acho" (Yeretzy)

She sneezed again.

'It's so cold' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

She hugged her arms around herself as she shivered.

She continued to look outside the windows.

'At least the stars bring a little light' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

She moved her eyes away from the starry night sky and scanned the dark room with her eyes before getting herself up from the bed.

'Creak'

Bed noises.

'Step, Step, Step'

She walked slowly with caution as she stared straight forward to the fireplace a couple of feet away.

'I knew the winter would be so cold here but without any fire...it's even colder' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

She shivered with coldness.

She only had one white fluffy nightgown and fluffy white slippers but even so, she felt cold in this ice-cube room.

'This room is so dark if it hadn't been for the stars' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

'Step, Step, Step'

Walking.

'Halt'

Stop walking.

She had finally stopped walking and bent down in front of the chimney.

'Do I have to call a maid or how do I-' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

But before she could finish her conflicted thoughts she felt an overwhelming gaze.

'Turn'

She turned her head to look toward the balcony and outside of those doors was a skulled monster with wings floating staring at her. It had black eyes with glowing small red dots inside as if his black eyes had a depth to them.

***Kinda Spoilers: The duchess death is more complicated that it seems and it involves more people even the closest person who seem the most innocent.

***Spoilers: FL gets over her fear of dogs and ends up keeping one of her puppies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 783 34
{If you like the Novel 'She Became The Devil's Stepmother Who's About To Be Killed' it's similar with a little twist} "You have sentenced your death...
11.3K 295 26
Warning : Gore, mass murderings, assassinations, tortures and inhumane actions. Read at your own risk. MC died in real world and when he regained his...
80 1 5
I'm a office worker I've been invited to my younger brother's wedding.I was excited it's been so long since I've seen my brother just when I was goin...
2.6K 109 14
One day, I was just going shopping and suddenly I was hit by a truck...? Anyway! I woke up and found out that I was Luke von Ordane. The second male...