The Outlands (Sequel to Elven...

By larkdarkchild

Attn: This book has male on male activity, abuse, and graphic scenes. If any of this is triggering for you, t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 3

69 6 5
By larkdarkchild

Mickey Pov

The next morning I got up and went to my room and changed clothes. I made my way to the front of Aelasar then with a blink I was in front of the vampire kingdom. Well not really in font. My grandfather is as paranoid as my father. If you appear too close to the gate you will regret it. My grandfather never actually told us what would happen. He only said don't appear too close in front of his gate so I appeared at least 500 hundred feet away.

"Well, well, what do we have here boys."

I stiffened then turned around. It was a group of men. They look like they have been on the road a long time and they stunk. I pushed my lip up to my nose to ward off the smell.

"Give us your coins and anything else you have of value." He pulled out a laser gun and pointed it at me. I smirked.

"Why would I do that? You think it's ok for you to take what you refuse to work for."

"Yes, because I'm the one holding the weapon."

"So it would seem," I said then looked at each one. It was four. Don't really know their species except for one. I walked up to him. "You smell good."

He looked confused then sniffed himself. "Not your clothes, they stink, alone with your body. I mean your blood. Are you a fairy?"

He shifted uncomfortably. "No." He's beautiful as well. All fairies are stunningly beautiful.

"Hey, I said give me your fucking coins or you're dead," said the one holding the weapon.

I moved fast. I broke his neck. I struck the other two with lightning then I was on the fairy before he could run. I sank my teeth in his dirty neck. I was rewarded with the taste of sweet blood. Like a sugary fruit.

Since I'm only half vampire I don't constantly feel the urge to bite any and everyone. My mom only bites my dad. She doesn't feel the urge like my grandfather and uncles do.

Speaking of uncles. I know someone who would love the fairy. I stopped before I drained him. It was hard. He's really tasty.

I pulled him to the gate. I waved my hand then I was let in. I called for a transporter. I threw the fairy in then got in myself. When we made it to the big house I asked for my grandmother. While waiting on her I looked down at the fairy. He was blinking slowly. I asked for something for him. He needs his blood restored.

"Mickey, how's my favorite grandson."

I rolled my eyes. "I heard you say the same to August, so I'm confused."

"Don't get cute dear. Have a seat." I kissed her on her cheek before I took a seat.

"Who's your friend?"

"He's a gift for Uncle Traja."

"What brings you by, my love."

"Gran, can I be honest?"

"Sure."

"I don't want to hurt your feelings or make you feel guilty in any way."

"Stop shuffling and deal, Mickey."

"Right, sorry. I have a sense of foreboding. My father once told me that when you found your mate you didn't go all crazy. That you controlled the urge. Can you show me how you did it or help me? I don't want to be a monster, gran."

She tried to hide it but I saw what my words did to her. What we are comes back to haunt her over and over every time a male child is born. That is why she feels so compelled to intervene when our warlock comes. She feels it like it's her fault, which in a way I guess it is but there is no way she could have known this would happen. No one blames her.

She grabbed my hand. "I'm so sorry, Mickey."

"It's not your fault, gran."

"It is actually. When I was younger I was obsessed with finding a mate at first. I was only half elf so I wanted to be more like a full-bodied elf. I want to find an elven mate. Year after year when I still didn't find him I felt a sense of failure so strong. So I started practicing the arts from my witch side. My mother told me over and over that the power was already in me. I did one invoking spirit spell and it changed me forever. The magic was so strong that it became a part of me. Inside me, in my blood. After that I didn't need a mate to procreate. I found an elf who I could stomach for more than a couple of days and had a child with him. For so long my child was my universe. Loved her to death.

But then she started spending more and more time with my covenant. They used her for her power. That's when I realized that what I had inside me was passed down to my child. Not more powerful than I but she came close. Then she met her mate, which was a miracle in itself. We were not prepared for what the magic inside us would do to a male witch. It turns them into warlocks, which at first they have no control over. Which is why I'm sorry I have to tell you that I can't help you, Mickey. He has to come and you have to deal with him. Learn from him. Study him."

"But how. He will be too powerful. More powerful than me."

"I don't know, sweety. You might need to talk to your mother and father on how they did it. But I can't bind him from coming. I've already tried."

"Hey my favorite grandson," my grandfather said walking in.

I grunted.

"He's onto us, Armond."

"Who's this," Traja asked, walking in.

I smiled. "One of the few fairies that's left. He was outside the wall trying to rob me. His other comrades didn't make it."

"A fairy, bulshit."

"Check him out. You'll have to sniff hard past all the layers of dirt but as you can see I've already sampled him."

He sniffed then smiled. "Damn, nephew. I love you."

"I knew you would. I'll need a favor later though."

"Of course you would." He signaled for a servant. "Take him to my room. Give him iron, vitamin C and a bath."

The servant bowed. "Right away, my lord."

We sat and made small talk. Then I Ieft. I appeared outside of Aelasar but I didn't go in. I decided to walk around a bit to clear my head from the hopelessness I felt. In a matter of days I will attack my family. My mother, father, Summer, June, August. The only ones I'm not worried about are my father and Makay. They can handle me until help comes if need be. Even though I know my mom can put me on my ass I know she won't. She would let me attack her before she hurts me. She has said it many times. And I would die if I found out that I had attacked my mother.

Speaking of. I'm missing her. Where is she? Come to think of it, I haven't seen them since I can from The Outlands.

I walked back to Aelasar. I was let in then took a transporter to the palace. Upon leaving the transporter, I'm shocked to see my mother and father carrying luggage to a transporter.

"Mom, dad, what's happening."

"We're leaving," my father said.

I jerked back in surprise.

"Dad, my born day is soon. You're just going to up and abandon me."

My dad said, "Mickey, you are not a child anymore. I will be taking the younger children. You and Makay are in charge."

"Mom, please." I turned to the rational parent.

She looks sad. "Mickey, you will be ok, honey."

"I know I will be ok, what about all the people I might kill."

She took a step towards me. She ran her fingers through my white hair then brought my head down and kissed me on the forehead. "Oh, my baby."

"Aerasume," my dad barked sharply in his deep sonorous voice. She turned and went back in the transporters with my younger siblings.

My dad came to me. He looked down into my face. My dad is huge. I'm tall but he's still at least 2 inches taller than me. He's the most powerful being I know other than gran and he's leaving me.

"Mickey, you got this. Do you really want your mother and younger siblings here when you change. You want them to see you like that. Especially your younger siblings. They adore you. Look up to you. You want to show them a monster or you want to protect them."

I blew out a breath. "Of course you're right, dad. I am afraid for the people around me and I still have no idea how to control him. What did you do?"

He stared at me sadly. "I didn't, your mother did."

"How did she do it?"

"With a lot of hurt and pain." His face showed so much turmoil before he turned and walked to the transporter.

"Bye Mickey," the triplets waved.

I smiled then waved back. The transporter took off. I know he's right. But I still can't help but to feel abandoned. My mother has always got a look of fear in her eyes when someone mentioned my warlock. I remembered wanting to reassure her and to smooth those worry lines from her beautiful dark face. By looking at us you won't think she's my mother. I have my father's complexion. I'm very white, whereas she's very black. But it's the most beautiful complexion I've ever seen in my life, second to Makay's, who has a mixture of both complexions. No one compares to my mother's beauty. Her compassion and caring nature makes her even more beautiful. My mom is a strong empath so I knew she felt my turmoil. I tried to mask it but I couldn't. I don't want to hurt my family, that's it, that's all.

When the transporter was out of sight I took off running to my mother's favorite stream. She said this stream has been her haven for years. I needed to clear my head. I hope I think of something useful because no one else has.

When I made it I sat down and stared at it for a while. The sound and the scene were beautiful, but nothing happened. What if I leave? That's what I'll do, I decided.

I got up. With a blink I'm in front of the palace. I found Makay through our bond and made my way there. She was pacing back and forth, in a tantrum.

Makay said, "what the hell. No seriously, what the hell. My parents just up and leave right before Mickey will lose his shit."

"Makay, can you please calm down. Your parents are the smartest beings we know. They don't do anything without a reason."

"So what, are they playing some kind of game with us? Mickey is a force all on his own now. When his warlock comes, he will be damn near impossible to stop and what do they do. They fucking leave."

Ashford said, "what did they say before they left?"

"I don't know. They were trying to explain to me about some nonsense but I was too angry to listen. My father even ignored my tears. He never does that!"

Makay suddenly stiffened, feeling me close through our bond.

Makay turned towards me. "I'm sorry, Mickey. I didn't mean it. I'm just upset. Our parents deserted us."

"I know. Our born day is soon. The only way I can protect everyone is to leave."

She ran to me and grabbed my arms. "No Mickey. I know you want to protect us but that's not the solution."

"No it's not," Declan said walking in.

I raised a brow at him. "This is the best place for you to be. At least here there's a group of powerful beings that can detain you. What if you change out there or in The Outlands. Those people will be vulnerable and have no idea how to fight you. Pulse you've been protecting them for years against dictators. They would be really confused when you show up acting like one yourself."

"And what will happen when you change days after me Declan. It will be two of us wreaking havoc on this planet. Maybe we can go to a deserted planet."

"I won't be out of it like you. I will be your Cain." He smiled. I smiled back. Whenever my father felt a murderous rage he would go find Uncle Cain. They would go to a deserted place and go at it for hours.

Makay said, "since we got that settled. Let's partaaaayy. It's our 150th trip around the Goddess' planet. Let's celebrate."

"Makay, I don't think that's a good idea. What if he comes right in the middle of it."

"Then I'll kick his ass."

I rolled my eyes. But she probably is the only one that will be able to defeat me. Makay is no slouch by any means. She's just as powerful as me. She just chooses not to fight. She chooses to be the perfect princess. She and I have gone toe to toe many times. I am honored to say she has beaten me many times. She is crafty and sneaky with her approach. She's very light on her feet.

She rubbed my arm. "Please Mickey."

I blew out a breath. I could never say no to Makay.

"Let's do it."

Kinda how I think Makay & Ashford look.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.2K 30
keaton is adopted by his big sister Luna cassie and her mate alpha kane. there father jude white was abusive towards them but mainly luna cassie as s...
91.8K 5.9K 32
Having survived three apocalypses - as if one weren't enough! - I knew how to stay alive in a world overrun by nightmarish monsters. Going on a suppl...
582K 30.2K 57
Lucius thought his life was over when his parents married him to the notorious vampire crown prince Dorian. Worst of all, they married him under his...
61.4K 2.3K 101
Reverse Harem Aiden and Aly, childhood friends, being in a love-hate relation works for them. They live their lives as much as they can despite the...