Hiraeth

By Chrysanthemum-_-

[Dr. STONE X Fem!Adult Reader] You're tired of watching children suffer the consequences of actions they had... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13

12

745 59 6
By Chrysanthemum-_-

Summer in Japan wasn't the worst thing.

Sure, it was hot. And sure, it was humid. But it wasn't anything you couldn't bear. The weather wasn't that much different in Tokyo as it was in Texas but at the very least it was less humid and sticky than it was back home.

But it seemed like your coworkers couldn't disagree more.

By now, your fourth month working here had already began, and you were slowly getting closer to your co-workers compared to when you first came here. Now, they at least held a conversation with you and didn't look at you as if you had just cursed out their entire family.

Not to mention, Ishigami-san and Ayajima-san's company was certainly a pleasant experience for you. But to your own surprise, you even managed to muster up the courage to actually message that cute guy you helped on the train. You figured it would be rude if you didn't (you just wanted to see his cute face again). He seemed like a genuinely nice guy, that Ukyo.

But you were surprised when he admitted that he was only a year younger than you. He definitely looked like he was a high schooler.

Whatever it was, he was definitely improving with his English and in order to encourage him, you guys would even converse in English when you both met up. Although, it was only twice.

Anyways, as you say at your desk in the teacher's lounge, you blinked when Byakuya slammed his face on his desk, eyes closed and looking like he was about to pass away any minute, "Ishigami-san?" You called out in worry.

"It's... too hot, [Last Name]-san... I'm gonna die, I swear I'm gonna die..."

Okay, he was just being dramatic. Thank God, you thought he was sick for a second.

"It is, but you're literally sitting under the A.C, Ishigami-san. I don't know what else could help you..." As you trailed off with your sentence, he let out a whine.

"That's the point! Not even the A.C is helping!"

"Byakuya-san, just get yourself some iced coffee, it's not the end of the world." Ayajima interjected, a deadpanned expression on his face as he skimmed through his material.

"Yuuichi!! Stop being mean to me!" The older male cried out, making the black eyed math teacher scoff, "If this is me being mean then, boy, are you in for a surprise."

You couldn't help the chuckle that escaped your lips and hearing you laugh, Byakuya only pouted in response.

"So now you're both ganging up on me? Fine! I'm leaving." He huffed and began to gather his materials. Before you could apologize in amusement, Yuuichi chimed in, "Are you sure you aren't leaving cause you have a class in five minutes, Byakuya-san?"

"What?! I thought I had a whole ten minutes left!! Shit, I'm gonna be late!" The dual haired man didn't even reply to Ayajima's jab and rushed out at top speed.

You turned to look at the maths professor and you both shared a look before bursting in chuckles. Out of the three of you, Byakuya was the clumsy, talkative one. While Yuuchi was the polite yet somehow sassy one. You, on the other hand, were the quiet and firm one.

While you certainly enjoyed their company.

However at times, it really did remind you of your friends...

————

"[Name], Stanley, get up."

Xeno's voice was what pulled you both out of your near death states, "Shut up, man. It's too hot for your crazy shit, if you're gonna do another experiment, count us out of it." Stanley shot back, not bothering to open his eyes as he slumped against a tree while you were right beside him, minutes away from meeting God.

"Gosh, you both are insufferable." Hearing Xeno's retort, you cracked one eye open to glare at his lanky figure, "What did I do, asshole?"

"Nothing, just take this and shut up." He handed you a bag, and when you held it, you could feel the cold radiating off of it, "Ice cream!!" You're sure you've never seen Stan get up this fast.

"Hand over mine." He ordered and just when you were about to when Xeno snatched the bag out of your hands, while you were left with just your popsicle, "Sorry not sorry, you don't get one. Get up and get it yourself, you inelegant twat."

"You asshole. This is why your dog died." You almost choked on your popsicle.

But it seemed like Xeno wasn't holding back on the insults either, "Bold words from a fatherless child."

Nevermind, you were actually choking on your [Favorite Flavor] popsicle.

"That's funny, cause last I checked, you're the one with a dead mom."

JESUS!! These two are really going for each other, huh?!

"At least she loved me until her last breath. I wonder if you'll be able to ever say that, Stan." You can't even call it a low blow since they both were out for each other right now.

"What the fuck, guys? All this for a popsicle?" They both glared at you, "[Name], in the scalding heat of summer, it's not just a popsicle... It's a matter of life and death."

It's not that deep, Xeno.

"Whatever, I'll get you one, Stan. So just shut up. It's too hot and hearing you guys arguing isn't helping." Stan wasn't poor or anything, far from it, actually. He was just a lazy little bitch who hated moving around when it was summer.

Thankfully, just when you were about to get up to buy a popsicle, Xeno threw one at Stan's face. You just stared at the pretty male for a few minutes before finally sitting back, "Well, you got your popsicle..." A sigh left Stan's lips as he unwrapped it and stuck it in his mouth.

"You both are like children." You couldn't help a sigh from escaping your lips as you gazed upon both of them. They shrugged their shoulders and just leaned against the tree.

A little while had passed and a comforting silence had enveloped all of you. You pulled the now, much smaller popsicle from your mouth and stared at the [Popsicle Color] color that coated your tongue. In childlike wonder, you turned to Stanley.

"Stan! Show me your tongue!" He scrunched up his nose, "Did you just ask me to stick my tongue out so casually?"

"Why are you always so combative?" Your face morphed into a deadpan, but he did as you asked, "It's purple!" You pointed out and he nodded, "Yeah, show me yours."

You stuck your tongue out to show it to him, making him chuckle, "It's [Popsicle Color]."

"Yeah!"

With eyes twinkling in expectation, you and Stan turned to Xeno, who had his eyes shut, seemingly trying to relax while enjoying his cold treat. Feeling two pairs of eyes on him, the scientist opened his eyes to be greeted with you and Stanley looking at him like he was about to show you guys a magic trick.

Knowing there was no way you both would leave him alone until he had shown you guys his tongue, he slowly stuck it out for display, making you both gawk at him.

"It's pink!"

"You look like a dog!"

Both you and Stanley replied in harmony, yet your comments were completely contrasting. In the end, Xeno simply made Stan work twice as hard for being so rude for no apparent reason.

————

You stiffled your laughter as you recalled your memories. It still made you laugh when you remembered the faces Stan made as he was subjected to intensive labour.

"Remembered something funny?" Ayajima's voice broke you out of your thoughts and you nodded at his question, "Yup."

"Ayajima-san?" You called out to the black eyed male and he turned to you with a questioning look in his eyes, "Yes?"

"Would you and Ishigami-san like to go get some popsicles during lunch break?" He blinked owlishly, taken aback by your offer. Usually, him or Byakuya were the ones to usually suggest to get something for lunch. Seeing you suggest something as a first really made him happy. It meant that you were finally getting comfortable enough with them to speak up and suggest something.

"Of course, [Last Name]-san. It's too hot to not get one." His answer made you smile softly.

'Maybe it wasn't too bad... making new friends...'

————

A relatively uneventful chapter, but I'm planning on making the next a cute one ヾ(・ω・*)ノ (P.s. I'm sorry if I ever get any information on Japan or Texas wrong, I don't live in either of them and base my writing purely on the information available on the internet, but do keep in mind that I always try to research to the best of my abilities before writing anything.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433K 17.1K 37
"How do you even change a diaper?" A story in which everything can change in an instant. "Why the hell are you asking me!? I don't know either!" bak...
38K 1.2K 33
a collection of my dr stone works from my tumblr: junosmindpalace.
1.7K 97 20
Follow the story behind (Y/N) (L/N) and Senku Ishigami. A Dr. Stone fanfiction|| Senku X Reader.
2.7K 155 22
It was just stupidly thick yellow notebook that everyone had and used for chemistry, but it caused you to finally talk to the science boy. You could...