The Neighbor

By sarahsbreathmint

Diane Sherman x Mildred Ratched x Reader Love is an obsession, it has that addictive quality to it. But ther... More

*Warning*
A New Beginning
A Helpful Friend
A Bonding Experince
Teachers Pet
Trouble in Paradise
Obsession
Branching Out
A Glimpse of Heaven
Jealousy
Consequences
Finding Help
Conscience
Prisoner
Acceptance
Secrets
Heartbreak
Hidden Agenda
The Wife
Punishment
A New Red
Tease
Torn in Between
The Rules
Homecoming
Lovers Quarrel
A New Love
Tender Touches
Adventures Outside
Dangerous Confusion
Closer
Corruption

Messy Affairs

680 42 4
By sarahsbreathmint

"Y/N!!!" 

"Y/N!!!!" 

Your name being screamed out woke you with a start. Your mind was foggy at first and you struggled to sit up right. 

"Y/N where are you!!!" 

'Jesus Christ, why so loud?' you thought. You sat yourself up and started to get out of bed on shaky legs thinking Diane must need you for something. 

"We have to go Y/N! We have to go NOW!!!" You heard from the doorway. When you looked up your heart dropped. Lana was gripping the door frame, face ghostly pale, body covered in dirt and blood. 

"L-lana?" You said jumping out of bed wobbling a bit before racing over to her. 

"Oh my god! Are you okay!? What happened?" You asked in a rush as you held onto her.

"Your hands! Are you hurt? We have to get Diane; she can take you to the hospital!" Your eyes raked over her looking for injuries before trying to push past her to go find Diane. 

Your brain was slowly waking up and it started bombarding you with questions. Like how did Lana get in here? What happened to her? Where is Diane?

"Diane!" You screamed only to be cut off by Lanas's hand pressed against your mouth. 

"Listen to me Y/N we have to leave right now! Diane did this!" Lana pulled you through the room as you put together what she said. You stopped abruptly in the hall pulling her backwards. 

"What do you mean Diane did this? S-she h-hurt y-you?" 

"For the love of god, I'll tell you once were safe! I have no idea how long she'll be out I hit her pretty hard but if she wakes up were screwed, so let's go!" 

"What do you mean you hit her!" You squeaked. Lana turned to you angerly realizing you weren't budging. 

"She locked me in the basement! She tried to fucking kill me! So, I hit her and knocked her out! She killed your dad and your brother Y/N!!" Lana sobbed, tears carving paths through the dirt on her face. 

"S-she s-she no. No, she wouldn't do t-that." You whispered. 

"Do you think I did this to my damn self? And have you even seen your family since you've been with her? She told me she killed them!" 

You looked down as you tried to process everything, but Lana just grabbed you again pulling you forcefully into the hall and down the stairs. You tripped down the stairs but managed to stay upright as she pulled on you. 

'Diane couldn't of... she wouldn't do that...right? She killed them... she killed my family... she tried to kill Lana...' 

Your legs felt like they were weighed down by bricks. You were conflicted, you wanted an explanation, you wanted to have a second to think about all of it. You loved Diane and you thought she loved you... and coming to terms with her actions was taking a toll on you. You wanted to think Lana was lying but you knew she wasn't. Diane had stalked you; Diane had taken you from your family, she had manipulated the entire thing. And God she was angry about Lana- at Lana for touching 'what's hers'. But she wouldn't go so far as to kill them, would she? 

Running through the home felt like an out of body experience. You looked down at your legs moving as you were dragged along by Lana, but you didn't feel them. You didn't feel anything, you felt numb and confused. 

Your blood was pumping, and you felt as like your heat as going to burst it was beating so fast. You weren't scared of what Diane was going to do to you if you were caught... but you most definitely were terrified of what she'd do to Lana. So, you took the lead pulling Lana closer to the front door, and as the door was came into view it was like time stopped. Lana was going to get help, be safe... that's all you could focus on you couldn't worry about what the repercussions of Diane's actions would be, it was all too overwhelming. 

Just as you felt the cool metal handle touch the skin of your palm you were yanked back by Lana's hand being wretched from your grasp. Whirling your head around you saw Lana being dragged by her feet by Diane. 

Diane looked evil. It was never a word you would've thought described her, but in that moment, she looked deadly, furious, and predatory. Her face and hands were covered in semi dried blood, and she was laughing maniacally to herself. She was pulling Lanas's feet as she tried to kick away. What was seconds felt like hours as your body froze only allowing you to watch your friends anguish as she was pulled with bruising force. 

"RUNNNNN!!!" Lana screamed. But it felt like your head was under water. The words registered but your limbs refused to cooperate with your panicked minds demands. You still felt like a ghost hovered over your own physical form. 

You saw the glint of the blade before Lana did. Her dark brown sunken eyes were focused on you as she plead for you to leave her, to save yourself. She wasn't even trying to break free from Dianes clutches she was only halfheartedly wrestling her. You stood in horror, your lungs refusing to provide you with enough air for you to scream out. A million words wanted to leave your mouth, but they were all caught in your throat.

In a second your life changed. In a second you watched as the sharp blade came down over and over again. Screams filled the air, but they weren't Lanas. Diane screamed each time she brought the knife down to pierce the flesh. As it sprayed and spread all over the woman beneath her Diane howled and sneered. 

But Lana was silent, only pained gurgles left her. Her eyes were locked on yours and you watched as they dulled. The honey brown eyes that were once filled with life and warmth faded to nothing but empty hard pools of black. Blood spilled from her mouth. And even after her body stopped writhing and twitching Dianes knife came down again and again and again. You watch as her abdomen and chest got pulverized. Smooth olive tanned skin scraped away revealing bits of muscle and bone. 

With inhumane strength Diane continued her assault while screaming at the corpse. Nothing but screams, wet squelching of blood, and the scraping of bone was heard as you stood rooted in your spot like a statue. 

"You thought you could have her!!!" 

...

"You thought you could take what's mine!!!!" 

...

"You'll never have her!!!" 

...

"You'll never love her like I do!!!!" 

Dianes ragged breaths filed the air, they brought you back to the previous morning. 

Just this morning you were laying with woman you loved. 

Just this morning you felt cherished, loved, and desired.  

Just this morning you were so sure you loved Diane.

 But now loving her seemed wrong, tainted... the woman before you was a stranger. You caught glimpses of this stranger every time you disobeyed, every time you were punished, and every time Diane claimed you. But you always thought the other parts of her made up for the darkness. 

You hated her. How could she? How could she do this? How could she be this person? But you hated yourself more because a little part of your brain whispered that she only did this because she loved you. 

Dianes gaze broke you from your spiraling thoughts. Her eyes were soft as they met yours a frightening contrast to the bloody display. She smiled at you with the same adoration and love she always did. But instead of making you feel all warm and fuzzy it made your blood run cold. And for the first time during this horror show you let out a sound. A blood curdling scream left you, tears ran down your cheeks and the force of your sobs almost caused your trembling muscles to give. 

Diane was mostly unfazed by the display. She frowned... then laughed. A bubbly laughter. She laughed the same way she always did in response to your teasing or childish antics.

"Oh kitten, quit with the dramatics. She can't come between us anymore baby. Why don't you go get cleaned up and I'll take care of our little mess hmm?" 

'Our little mess' it was the same phrase she used when she referred to the dishes. She was flippant, like this was no big deal and you haven't just watched your friend be murdered by her hand. All of a sudden, your body went ridged, and for the first time that night it felt like you had full control over yourself. Your vision was blurred but you looked to the door anyway trying to subtly determine whether it was locked or not. You couldn't tell. 

Diane looked at you, then to the door, then to you again. She gripped the knife, pulled it out of the flesh beneath her and went to stand. So, you ran. You ran to the door. You heard her loud footsteps behind you, but you didn't look back, you couldn't. You felt the cool metal of the doorknob on your palm once again and you pulled. The door resisted at first but then gave away. 

You ran. 

You ran as fast as you could until your lungs and legs were burning. You ran through the dreary lifeless neighborhood. 

You ran. 

Just like Lana told you to. 

Lana... 

'Oh. God Lana was gone! Your dad was gone! Your brother was gone!' 

You were alone. So many emotions swirled around in your mind. Your eyes had dried up, but heartbreaking sobs still tore from your chest. You scanned your surroundings looking for Diane. You were terrified that she'd find you. 

But you were even more terrified that she wouldn't, and you'd be truly alone. 

But this wasn't about you. This was about Lana. Lana had died for you, to save you. And you knew Diane had to pay for what she did to her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 21.6K 24
"Stay back Roman , Don't come near me I am warning you . please let me go . You can't keep me here forcefully ". At that moment my back collide...
88.3K 1.7K 56
Book completedβœ“ Book 1& 2 have been taken down "I am warning you... Mate" "Unless you want me to fuck you senseless, right here in this closet, I s...
69.4K 2K 45
"Sit down, Miss. Perez" She gulped at his Dominant Aura but managed a faint smile. There was no replying smile in his Silver Eyes that met hers. "You...
77.8K 4.5K 24
⚒ [Sarah Paulson FF] Spending summer alone at my aunt's mansion after a horrible incident in my hometown I was glad when Diane Sherman showed up one...