Dynasty

By niamh_16_xo

When Yelena Stilinski comes back from college for Christmas break she quickly finds herself caught up into th... More

Dynasty
1...Once in a Wolf Moon
2...Night time creatures
3...Second chance
4...Disruptions
5...Dream state
6...Bullet visual
7...Notify
8...After school special
9...The Unleashed
10...Crescent Mind
11....Chasing Messages
12...Wolfs omission
13...A coalition
14...Informality
15...Breaking the Code
16...Low Communication
17...Inarticulate
18...Shifting of the moon
19...Ice Fight
20...Unnatural
21...Poison
22...Boom companion
23...Holding back
24...Rhapsody
25...Surprise guest
26...A Special appearance
28...In the combat zone
29...The final act
30...Out there in the middle
31...Fight or flight
32...Unravelled
33...Forcefield
34...Through their eyes
35...Its about the facts
36...Overshadowed
37...Unmasked
38...A Deal with the Demon Wolf
39...A Pact of Packs
40... Curved moon
41...The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
42...Neon Lights
43... Deprivation and Desperation
44... Transfixed

27...Wrath

413 14 0
By niamh_16_xo

"Derek - Can you hear me?" Deaton asked trying to rouse him

"I didn't know what to do - he wouldn't answer, what do I do."

Deaton ignored her and continued to try and bring him around "I need you to answer me, Derek. Derek! We don't have much time." He told him before pulling out some type of sound emitter

Derek gasped and bolted upright "That sound - What was it?"

"You're gonna be weak for several hours," Deaton told him putting the emitter away as he and Yelena steadied him when he tried to stand.

"It actually happened." He muttered in disbelief, watching Yelena's scared face.

"Don't worry. You're still an Alpha" Deaton reassured him "But, as usual, not a particularly competent one." He spat out

Derek wasn't concerned about Deaton's opinion of him he just wanted to know where his uncle was "Where is he?"

"I wish I could tell you."

"Then how about you tell me what you're doing here, and why you're helping me." Derek snapped at the vet

"Yelena called me and actually helping your family used to be a pretty important part of my life. Helping you was a promise I made to your mother."

Derek frowned "You're the one my sister talked about. She said you're a - kind of advisor?"

"She was right. And I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now. What Peter managed to do doesn't come without a price. He'll be physically weak, so he'll rely on the strength of his intelligence, his cunning. He's gonna come at you, Derek. He'll try to twist his way inside your head, preying on your insecurities. He'll tell you that he's the only way you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him."

"I don't trust anyone."

"Yeah, that's clear," Yelena grumbled looking away from him in annoyance.

Deaton raised his eyebrows at her before looking back at Derek "Well If you did, you might be the Alpha you like to think you are. And unfortunately, the one person you should trust doesn't trust you at all."

Derek nodded in understanding "Scott."

"You need to find him, you need to find him as fast as you can. I've known Gerard for a long time. He always has a plan. Something tells me - it's going exactly the way he wants it to." Deaton told him.

Yelena frowned when her phone rang seeing that it was Scott "Speak of the devil."

"Who is it?" Deaton asked, concerned that she could be referring to Gerard.

"Scott" she mumbled as she unlocked her phone to answer it.

"Len." He said slightly panicked down the phone

"Hey, sorry I ditched you guys at the party. Something happened that you guys need to know about." She ignored the annoyed look from Derek. He'd made it clear that he didn't trust her, so she wasn't going to keep protecting him.

"Len listen, we know who the kanima master is and we think you might be next."

"What are you talking about?" Yelena frowned

"Do you remember you used to hang out with the swim team? And the party at Camden Laheys?" Stiles shouted down the phone.

"Yeah, why?" She asked in confusion as Deaton nodded at her to put them on speaker, which she did.

"Well we think you're right it's not about the people on the swim team, at least not directly." Scott tried to explain.

"Get down to the station right now! You need to tell Dad everything you know about the team and the parties."

"Stiles! I'm not telling dad anything. I was fifteen I shouldn't have even been at those parties" She hissed "And you should be staying out of this, it's you and you're swim team theories that have gotten him in trouble, to begin with!"

"Len! This is important, His name is Matt, and he had some type of beef with either the swim team or Camden and his friends! You could be next." Scott explained.

Yelena nearly dropped her phone as she realized why Matt looked so familiar and why he'd be doing all of this.

"Oh my god." She muttered as Derek and Deaton looked at her in confusion

"Len! He is killing people!" Stiles shouted again.

Yelena squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath "I'm on my way."

Derek gave a small thank-you nod to Deaton before following Yelena to her car.

"What are you doing?" Yelena frowned when Derek went to open the passenger door.

"Coming with you-"

"I'll pass-" she commented as she rolled her eyes and slammed her car door

Derek opened the passenger door and stuck his head inside the car "You've lost it if you think I'm letting you go there alone." He told her as he got in next to her.

()()()()()()()()

"Scott! Stiles!" Lena shouted looking for them but took a step back when Matt appeared with a gun.

"Yelena Stilinski?"

She nodded and eyed the gun nervously as Scott and Stiles stood behind him "It's Matt, right-"

"Shut up, where's your boyfriend? I know he's with you."

And just like that Derek appeared behind her before falling to the floor, thanks to Jackson in half human half reptilian form.

"Is that where you were?" Stiles asked

"Is that really what you're focusing on?" She said through gritted teeth.

Matt laughed and began speaking, still having the gun raised "What? You think he's here to save you? Even the big, bad werewolf can't help you-" he laughed even more, and dragged Lena toward him, pointing the gun to her temple as he carried on speaking to everyone, "-oh, yeah, I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves, hunters, kanimas - it's like a frickin' Halloween party every full moon. Except for you stiles what do you turn into?"

Stiles scowled in response "The abominable snowman. But, uh, it's more of like a wintertime thing. You know, seasonal." He replied dryly.

Any other time Lena would have laughed but given the fact she had a gun held against her head and that Jackson lashed out and scratched Stiles, it didn't seem as funny. Just like Derek, stiles fell forward, landing on top of Derek, who let out a grunt.

"You bitch." Stiles managed to say.

Scott sprang forward to help his friend but Jackson stuck his hand out and began wagging his finger mockingly.

"Get him off of me," Derek growled out as Matt leaned down with a smirk on his face, still gripping Lena tightly

"Oh, I don't know Derek, I think you and Stiles make a pretty good pair."

"Ok, stop! Please, Matt, let's talk about this-"

Matt rolled his eyes at her "You think I'm going to listen to you? After what you did?"

"I didn't do anything-"

"You didn't stop it either."

"Matt, listen, I wasn't even meant to be at that party, I didn't even remember it until today-"

"That's because you were drunk off your ass!" He hissed "Now Shut up! I'm done listening to you talk."

Yelena nodded and gulped. There was a growl coming from the floor, they both glanced down to see a scowling Derek "Let her go."

Matt laughed mockingly at him "This, it's real cute" he said gesturing between them "It must kinda suck, though, to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless."

"Still got some teeth" Derek growled "Why don't you get down here a little closer, huh? We'll see how helpless I am."

"Yeah, bitch." Stiles chimed in, albeit it was slightly muffled.

Both Scott and Yelena looked up at the sound of a car pulling up. Scott's mom.

"Is that her? Do what I tell you to and I won't hurt her. I won't even let Jackson near her."

"Scott, don't trust him!" Stiles yelled.

Matt rolled his eyes and turned Stiles onto his back before pressing his foot on Stiles's throat ready to apply pressure if Scott didn't comply. "This works better for ya?"

"Stop! Just get off him!" Yelena pleaded when Stiles started coughing.

"Then do what I tell you to." He tells Scott

"Okay. All right. Stop!" Scott yelled back.

Matt turned to face Jackson "You, take 'em in there. You - with me." Matt shoved Yelena in the same direction as Jackson, threatening to kill her if she didn't do as he said.

Once Jackson held them, hostage, in one of the cells, Yelena used the time to check both Derek and Stiles to see if they had any injuries, besides being paralyzed. Why is it always us three, she thought to herself. Yelena kept her eyes trained on Jackson as Stiles began speaking quietly

"Hey. You know what's happening to Matt?" He asked Derek

"I know, the book's not gonna help him. You can't just break the rules, not like this."

"What do you mean?"

"Universe balances things out. Always does." He replied simply.

Yelena shook her head and snorted "Balance." She laughed coldly

"What?" Derek asked

"Look at this, look at what's going on. You're a werewolf and we have a kanima coming after us. This isn't normal."

Stiles ignored his sister and went back to what Derek was saying "Wait is it because he's using Jackson to kill people who don't deserve it?"

"And killing people himself," Derek confirmed

"So if Matt breaks the rules of the kanima, he becomes the kanima?"

"Balance."

Yelena snapped as she rubbed her temples "He's not killing people who don't deserve it! He's killing the people who killed him."

"What?"

"What are you talking about?"

Yelena bit down on her lip and hugged her knees tight to her chest.

"Ok, you know what, you need to start talking. Like what was that back there with you and Matt? What were you even talking about?"

"Stiles-"

"Len he's got a point. if you know something about this then tell us." Derek said to her, trying to sound calm.

"Fine, but I swear I didn't remember until today" They both waited for her to continue as she took a deep breath, "he's not just randomly coming after people from the 2006 swim team he's coming after the people who were at the after party for the state championship win...me included. It was at Camden's - I mean Issac's house" she corrected herself knowing that they didn't know who Camden was " - I don't know what Matt was doing there but, something happened."

"He drowned, right?" Stiles asked softly, both him and Derek sharing the same expression.

Yelena nodded and took a deep breath before carrying on, "I was a freshman at the time, most of them were seniors, and Lahey, as in Isaac and Camden's, dad had bought us a lot of alcohol, which is just another example of how much of a shitty father he was. Anyway like I said we were all drunk but Camden grabbed Matt and - he didn't know that he couldn't swim."

"And he drowned?" Derek asked.

"Coach Lahey grabbed him and saved him but not before screaming at him and threatening him."

"You just stood there and did nothing?"

The tone in Stiles's voice made Yelena feel sick. He was ashamed of her and she could tell.

"Stiles." Derek growled lowly so only Stiles, who was lying next to him could hear "Why didn't you remember this earlier? You remember everything." Derek sighed

"I was drunk, I barely remember the party. Besides how could I have known the relevance? I didn't even know I had a connection with him until we figured it out."

"You have an eidetic memory and you're saying you didn't remember," Stiles said in a hollow voice

"I was a bit distracted stiles!" She snapped becoming annoyed with his tone, even if she did deserve it.

"With what?"

"Camden!"

"Isaac's brother? You and Isaac's brother?"

"Yes, well no not that night but yeah once. When he pushed Matt in I didn't say anything because of my crush on him, I was fifteen, drunk, and had a crush on an older guy. I didn't even really see it happening I just remembered bits the rest is a black hole."

The three of them were silent for a few moments before Stiles broke it, his tone much softer than it had been previously

"Will he believe us if we tell him that?"

"Not likely." Derek and Yelena said at the same time.

"Okay, he's gonna kill all of us when he gets that book, isn't he?"

"Yep." The two of them answered in sync again.

"All right, so what do we do? Do we just - do we just sit here and wait to die?" Stiles began panicking.

"Unless I can figure out a way to push the toxin out of my body faster. Like triggering the healing process." Derek said as he began digging his claws into his leg.

"Wha - oh, what are you doing? Aw, gross." Stiles said, making a face.

"Derek, wouldn't it be easier for me to hit you or something?" Yelena asked as he carried on.

Stiles rolled his eyes "So is that hypothetical situation we talked about getting any less hypothetical?"

" I think so. I can move my toes."

"Dude, I can move my toes." Stiles quipped back.

Before anything else could be said there was a sudden smashing of glass everywhere followed by smoke

"What the hell-" Yelena began as she stood up, startled when Scott ran to her, "What's going on?"

"I don't know come on." He said as they bent down to grab Stiles.

Yelena sent Derek a worried look but he nodded to her reassuringly.

"Take him! Go!" Derek said referring to Stiles, Yelena and Scott managed to get Stiles on either side and moved through the smoke with Jackson behind them as they tried to lock every door behind them until eventually stopping in an interrogation room.

The pair of them managed to sit stiles onto a chair with Yelena glancing at the door nervously.

"It's going to be ok." Scott told her before speaking to Stiles "Don't move," both Stilinski's sent him a pointed look, "You know what I mean." He said rolling his eyes and running out of the room.

Yelena gnawed at her fingernails as she kept her eyes on the door.

"Derek will be fine," Stiles said

"I'm not worried about Derek, I'm worried about Dad." She answered, "he has no idea what's going on."

Stiles watched her indecision before nodding, "Go."

Yelena looked at him confused, "No what about you."

"Go, I'm starting to regain more feeling anyway."

Yelena bit her lip and nodded as she ran out of the room only to bump straight into Derek.

"Did you know about this?" Derek yelled.

"What are you talking about?" Yelena frowned

"That!" Derek exclaimed gesturing to around the corner of the corridor where Scott and Gerad were talking, but before she could even answer he was halfway down the corridor

"Derek!"

"What?!" He shouted turning round to look at her

"You still aren't listening! This is exactly what Deaton said, you need to trust Scott."

"So you did know?" Derek accused her

"No, I have no idea what's going on!" She snapped back as she folded her arms "but I know that I trust Scott."

Derek shrugged at her "Well I don't."

"You don't need to, you just need to trust me, but you don't and you never will. You've made that perfectly clear." She spat as she walked off to find her dad.

A/n - Ok so this is a long one and I've decided to just post as and when I can or when the chapter is ready so just roll with me here😂😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
572K 12.8K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
130K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...