Even in a Million Years

By SkiSki26

The weddings finally happening, and the Kalanski and Kazer family is buzzing. All except two. Caleb has bee... More

Authors note
Aesthetics
B + C playlist
οΏΌ~Prelude~
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty Four
Thirty five
Thirty Six
Thirty seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty Three
Forty-Four
Forty Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty

Forty-Five

12.1K 541 242
By SkiSki26

Bailey

I wake up to birds chirping around me, sitting up slightly rubbing my eyes.

I was outside.

Next to Caleb. Still in my dress with pajama pants slipped on under it might I add, thankfully.

I am never drinking again. I mean it this time.

I wasn't the only one out here. Lexi was on the opposite side of me, Arya and Danny laying down at my feet.

Okay I was in my own sleeping bag.

Why the hell are we in sleeping bags outside?

"You suggested it," Caleb grunts. I may have spoken that out loud. "Shh go back to sleep."

Laying back down I turn to my side to look at him. His eyes crack open.

"This is the last time I'm listening to you when you're shitfaced," he cracks a small smile.

"I suggested this?"

"Yes and you were adamant," he stretches his arm above his head, "Told me I was too drunk to drive home,"

He lives across the street. He wouldn't have had to drive regardless.

"Oh my god," I rub my head. It was pounding.
"Where'd the kids go? We were supposed to be watching them,"

"They're the ones who got us the sleeping bags and are probably knocked out in your bed, where you should be,"

"God please never let me do anything like this again," he just snorts knowing that when I'm drunk there's no telling me what to do, as i will do the exact opposite out of spite.

I think last night, he told me to drink some water and I looked him dead in the eye while taking another shot.

So...exhibit A.

But the night wasn't a total wash, I did what I needed to do to distract him. I remember him laughing, and I'd consider that a success. After the bullshit he's been through, he needed it.

He just groans, turning on his side to face me.

"Hi," I softly smile at him, trying to get him to do the same. "How are you feeling?"

"Emotionally or physically?" He questions

"I know how you're feeling physically," I snort. Sleeping in a sleeping bag outside with no blankets pillows or tents is not easy on the body.

"Well like shit," he shrugs, "It needed to happen, I just didn't want it to happen like that,"

"You're better without that in your life Co," I didn't have a problem with her to begin with but all things considered, she is a piece of shit.

"I know," He nods. It still stung though, I understood. Even after I left Vince, I was still heartbroken.

Trauma bonds are the toughest thing to go through, because no matter what that person put you through your mind constantly remembers the good moments that drew you in. The times when you truly believed they were a good person, and the hope that the person was still in there even as they did unspeakable things to you.

"We're all here for you,"

"I don't want anyone else to know," he shakes his head slightly, "I don't want everyone worrying or walking on eggshells around me,"

"Okay," I nod "Just Arya and I then,"

"I'll tell them eventually just not now," he whispers.

We laid there, staring at eachother. He would be okay I knew it.

For the first time in years though...we were both single and here together. And I couldn't push that thought out of my head.

He didn't need me flirting, he needed a friend. That's what I will be.

"I think we're due for a beach weekend," He says quietly

"Really?" I grin

"I told you I'd take you there, I meant it Belle," He nods, "I need it too,"

"Then we'll go, this weekend. We can tell everyone, they'll all be on board,"

"Sounds like a plan," He struggles to keep his eyes open. We'd honestly only been asleep for about three hours if the pictures on my phone are correct. Lexi, Arya and I took pictures in our sleeping bags at 3am, so I'm guessing we went to bed shortly after that. With it now being six, the sun just rising, we still had a few hours to sleep.

"Go to sleep Co," I say softly

"Do you want to go inside?"

"God yes the ground is so uncomfortable," I snort quietly. Both of us slipping out of our sleeping bags, we sneak back into the house. Checking my room quickly, he was right as my nieces were all sprawled across my bed and on the floor.

Sneaking in and stealing what extra few blankets and pillows I had left, I bring them back downstairs to the living room. Handing Caleb his own we both lay down on the floor quietly with distance between as to not wake my nephew who was passed out on the couch wrapped around Julia.

"I'll wake you later Bails," I just nods as he says this, my eyes slipping closed for the second time this morning. Only opening them hours later at the sound of voices floating through the house. Caleb was gently nudging me.

"Hey Ace and Brett are here," his voice was soft, "They stopped by before they left,"

"Oh god yeah okay," I rub my eyes again, checking my phone that read one in the afternoon. God I needed that extra sleep.

"You all look awful," Ace just smiles looking refreshed as ever, watching as Caleb and I walked into the kitchen.

"Belle please tell me you didn't sleep in the dress," Brett shakes his head taking my state in. My hair im sure looks like I brushed it with a rabid squirrel and I could feel my makeup crusted around my eyes.

"We tried to get her to change, most she'd compromise was the pajamas pants." Danny snorts

"Oh god did you dress me?" I look at him. It wouldn't be the first time if I'm being completely honest.

"Arya did,"

"I don't even remember that," she was face down on the table.

The teenagers had joined us too. Julia still half asleep as she leaned on Seb who was struggling to keep his cereal down. Max and Bex were sitting on the floor enjoying the cool feeling across from the twins, Derek and Sam.

"Why do you guys look hungover?" Ace raises a brow at them

"Because we are," Julia doesn't open her eyes, just groans. We all forget that they're seventeen and eighteen years old, to us they'll always be the little kids. But seeing them like this just confirmed they really were related to us.

"Aunt Belle sent us on a mission to find them sleeping bags," Sam chimes

"No, you guys did not sleep outside," Ace is just about laughing his ass of in his seat.

"Have you ever tried to tell your sister no when she's drunk?" Caleb deadpans, "We slept outside,"

The two newlyweds just shake their heads. Not believing we blacked out at their wedding.

We did. 

"Well we just came to say bye," Ace grins, "Are mom and dad awake?"

"They ran to get coffee,"

"We're back though," Having heard them, Cheri's smiling face walks through the front door, "Oh you guys are leaving?"

"Yeah," Brett smiles, giing her a kiss on the cheek, "Wanted to say bye before we did,"

"Alright," My dad smiled carrying in coffees for everyone, "When's your flight?"

"At three," Aces let's our dad pull him in for a hug .

"We had so much fun last night," Cheri smiles, "You guys have fun okay?"

"We will, we have a lot planned so we're just going to enjoy it while we can," Brett grins. The two circulate to everyone, giving hugs before they were ready to go, bidding our parents goodbye one last time.

They were out the door twenty minutes later.

"Does anyone feel jobless now that the wedding is over?" Arrex questions and we all raise our hands.

"Dude you still have your day job," Lexi snorts, "But yes, the house feels empty," It was very much still full, but I know what she meant.

"Well we were thinking, how about we go to the beach house this weekend?" Caleb chimes, everyone looks at him.

"What? It's be fun, besides we could use it," I shrug, agreeing with him.

"Actually yeah," Em grins, "We'd love to," volunteering both her and my brother to come who nods along. Everyone else is too, smiles coming to everyone's faces.

"It'll be my first time going," Lexi smiles, "It'll be fun,"

We clean up the kitchen, not bothering with backyard, having planned ahead with a cleaning crew that had already arrived. I take a second to shower and wash my face, feelling somewhat human again. I don't bother with actual clothes, instead opting for another t-shirt and sleep shorts. I did not want to leave the house today.

Sitting on the couch beside Caleb, he huffs.

"You okay?"

"Surprisingly yeah," he says quietly, "I feel like a weights been lifted, I was going to do it regardless, she made it easier,"

"You were going to break up with her?" Turning my head to look at him, his eyes were already on me. They always were.

"I was, I wasn't in love with her and it wouldn't have been fair if I stayed with her when-" he goes to say more but stops himself for a second, "when I didn't feel the same way. Guess she didn't feel that way either, so I guess no one was hurt,"

"It's okay to be hurt regardless Co,"

"Oh no it's shit being cheated on, definitely a blow to my trust issues," he grins making light of the situation. I just snort. "But I'll get passed it,"

"Get you on that," I nod

"Have you been?"

"Been what? Cheated on?" He raises a brow, genuinely surprised that my ex would hurt me yet not draw the line at cheating.

"I found out after the fact but yeah, with Vince there were multiple other women," I nod, confirming his question. I always suspected it, but never brought it up knowing the repercussions. I always wondered though if he treated them the same he did me, and if there was anyway I could get them as far away from the charming man as possible.

"What kind of person would cheat on you Belle?"his voice softened.

"The same kind that would hit a woman," I match his tone, and I see the underlying anger held for my situation. It's been a few years, and I know I make jokes about it but it still stung sometimes.

"I'm okay Co," I rest my head on his shoulder. Allowing myself the contact, as we both needed it.

"I am too Bails," wrapping his arm around me, he pulls me closer. Like he used to even long before we got together, absentmindedly running his finger up and down my arm and shoulder like he didn't even realize what he'd been doing.

"I'm sorry again for stepping in," I practically whisper,

"Belle you can kick someone's ass on my behalf any day, don't apologize for that. God knows I'd do the same and worse," I could hear the smile in his voice.

"You have Caleb," I get a small laugh at that.

Arya walks in, and for the first time since being back neither of us move away from eachother. Instead remaining right where we were. Nothing about this was wrong. He was just as physically affectionate as I was.

"Hey guys," She grins, and I can't tell if it was because of the day we had yesterday, her morning or the position her brother and I were currently in but I don't question it.

"What's up Ary?" I match her smile, "What are you up to tonight?"

"Danny, Danielle and I were going to Kane's in a bit for dinner," She grins.

"Just the three of you?" I raise a brow at her. This could end really well, or horribly.

"Yeah,"

"I love you Arya," I start, "And I love even more whatever the two of you have going on, but please don't hurt him. You'd be breaking more hearts than just his,"

"I know," She nods, "I love Danielle, and even if him and I don't work out, I don't want to leave her high and dry,"

"You're the first woman he's been interested in that he's allowed around Danielle," Danny hasn't had anything remotely serious since his daughter was born. The only female role models she's had consistently in her life have been Bri and I.

I understand his position, the two are a package deal. He would die for that little girl, and few have understood that she is a far higher priority to him than they will ever be. It's exactly how my dad was after my biological mom left. We were the center of his life, and anyone who entered needed to understand that. It took him a while but he found the one who did, and shared those same values. Cheri came in our lives and loved us just as much as my dad did.

It's exactly what my hopeless romantic of a best friend has been looking for.

"Really?"

I just nod, knowing Danny would kill me if he learned I told her this.

"You deserve to be happy Arya," Caleb chimes, "Don't let some bullshit obstacles stop you okay? Danny likes you a lot, don't push him away,"

"Believe me I've tried, the asshole is like a leech,"

"No I am not!" He walks in just as she says that. Danielle in his arms squirming for him to let her go. As soon a she does she's running and jumping into Aryas lap.

"You are," Her and I both chime grinning.

"And to think I was going to offer to bring food back for you," he sends a playful glare my way.

"No please get me a burger and fried pickles!"

He just grins and nods. Arya stands with his daughter content in her arms and joined him.

"Ready to go leech?" She smiles at him.

"I'm not paying for your food if you keep calling me that,"

"Yeah you are shush," patting his arm she looks back at her brother and I, both smiling at us two already. "Back to our conversation earlier, You guys shouldn't either," sending a pointed look at both of us. I knew what she was insinuating.

Though we both ignore it.

"Tell Kane we say hi," Caleb says, "Bring me back a burger too,"

"With fries?" Arya questions

"Yes please," she just nods and leads the way leaving the living room with Danny in tow.

"I call being the maid of honor at their wedding," His chest moves as he laughs slightly.

"If they don't kill eachother first, I think you have that position secured,"

"Ready to throw another wedding soon Kazer?"

"Let's get through Arrex and Em's first yeah?" Having a winter wedding next February, theirs was coming up quickly.

"Yeah fine," I sigh, knowing it wouldn't be long until he and I would most likely be walking down another aisle again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773 22 22
"All week, you've been on my mind, and I can't make it go away. Finally, after suffering in silence for so long at the thought of your lips, your lau...
17.6K 544 73
Aspen Carlee Ellington. "Beau's Girl" That's how I've been known since the 10th grade. Every time I looked into the future...whether it was an hou...
321 17 13
"I could never get her out of my head, no matter how hard I tried. I could never move on with my life. I fought, and I fought, but it was pointless...
378 81 17
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...